• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

kyo_daikun said:
My only theory on this is that someone is selling copies of the game that were meant to be released at the beginning of this month, obviously Sony then changed something (firmware update? Making the discs already printed useless and not to be released)

Someone got hold of them and has started selling them, the games can't synch to the trophy server as they are probably not recognised as GT5, ah who knows.

dude this would be a disaster as this would mean those early copies can run at a pre 3.5FW

MGR

While I'd love to see some HQ video I'm quite happy that they've manage to at least post some undeniable proof that the game exists. 2010 release looks all but confirmed.

Omiee

what is everybody bullshiting about..? GTA4 and other big games had leaks and it dident hurt their sales.
its not like the average joe or philipe in france or what ever in spain and uk follows everything about GT5 and is gonna be pissed that somebody has the game already.
Also im oke with them delaying it because they wanted to fix some firmware problem.
just be patient, we have waited this long

Omiee said:
how is he selling these copies..? did he steal a bunch of them from the plant or wtf..?
cuz no way retailers have this game, i have a lot of friends etc working in retail and none of them said they have the game and trust me even if they had to sighn a nda i would have known or they would have told me

I don´t think it´s stealing. Probably the guy works or lives close to a bluray plant and bought directly from the plant. Can they sell? Technically not, but i don´t think all those plants follow the rules religiously.

Street dates are something from the American/European culture. People here (Brazil) don´t give a fuck about that. If i lived close to the Sony plant here i´m sure i could get one copy.

Probably in CZ (eastern europe) is the same, and i know it´s a country that has a high piracy rate (like Brazil), so those products leak every week.

Omiee said:
what is everybody bullshiting about..? GTA4 and other big games had leaks and it dident hurt their sales.
its not like the average joe or philipe in france or what ever in spain and uk follows everything about GT5 and is gonna be pissed that somebody has the game already.
Also im oke with them delaying it because they wanted to fix some firmware problem.
just be patient, we have waited this long

I don't give a crap about sales, it's just hilarious that people have final copies of the game before Sony has even announced a new release date. Sony looks like such a joke right now.

saladine1

oa9amw.jpg

Even President Obama has had enough..

Racer30

seattle6418 said:
It´s a fitting end for 6 years of bullshit, stupid decisions and complete miss management.

The game to leak before their PR plan.

It had to.

I think it´s perfect to teach Soony a lesson. It can´t be their strategy because overall it hurts the brand image too much. No company would like to be seen by it´s fans the way Soony is right now.

Now they will continue to fumble along and i bet they will wait one or two days to annouce something.

----------

Video reassures us that standard and premium cars can race togheter. The Peugeut GTi is standard, and the Mini is a premium, so i´m glad to see that.

+10000000000111

So very well said!!

offshore said:
Up on my end..."Meet The MUBI Team" is the lastest post.....I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO MEET THE MUBI TEAM, GODAMMIT.... I JUST WANT A RELEASE DATE

Hey, on the US PSblog they just announced their highly anticipated new Bluetooth Headset! Yes!

Peterthumpa

Racer30 said:
+10000000000111

So very well said!!
Although I want the game as much as everyone here, we can't say that.
Sony never announced a release date (besides the obvious last one) and the game was never delayed so many times as most people on the interwebs seems to think.

MGR

SolidSnakex said:
Hey, on the US PSblog they just announced their highly anticipated new Bluetooth Headset! Yes!

Looks more secure than the old model. Hopefully won't fall out of my ear while I'm using my awesome Move controllers.

Racer30

Omiee said:
ah come on dont be that upset they will tell us soon.

Please get the hell out of here with this have patience bullshit, we have waited 5 years and had a world of shit upon us, its just fucking ENOUGH now!!11

Sorry just had to get it out, phheewww

Despera

Banned
I'd like to start the game with a 2006 Holden Lumina. Either LTZ or SS. Beginning with my real life car would be awesome.

They should release this game before black friday. There´s no more reason not to.

They will get a lot of sales from it.

I think releasing it only in november 30th or early december is too distant.

If people are already playing the game and we saw it, change the PR plans and get this one out ASAP.

felipepl said:
Sony never announced a release date (besides the obvious last one) and the game was never delayed so many times as most people on the interwebs seems to think.

Oh sweet! We've gone full circle back to the "unofficial vs official" argument.

It's been UNOFFICIALLY DELAYED multiple fucking times and this clusterfuck of a release IS a fitting end to what hopefully will be a glorious game shrouded in idiotic PR.

Omiee

Look at 1:45, the throttle isn't limited on the grass like in GT5P instead the wheels just spin. On anouther note it sounds good but can we hear a super car preferably a lamborghini or the LFA as these have unique sounds and it would be great if PD nailed them.

witham on GTP, he is right thats a nice detail.

offshore

mescalineeyes said:
There's no release-date coming today on the EU blog.
Cool your jets.
sytpci.gif

Well at least VG247 are now running with the leaked video. Hopefully more sites will pick it up and force Sony to do...something...I don't know what.

ACH1LL3US

Don't want to get FLAMED here... but does this game offer custom soundtracks??

I need to play me some Jon Secada while racing :)

Omiee

they did say somebody else bought the game as well and is gonna post videos in 2 or 3 hours so lets just wait and see.

Senua

Blackvette94 said:
Don't want to get FLAMED here... but does this game offer custom soundtracks??

I need to play me some Jon Secada while racing :)
why on earth would you get flamed for asking that

Dead Man

flyinpiranha said:
Oh sweet! We've gone full circle back to the "unofficial vs official" argument.

It's been UNOFFICIALLY DELAYED multiple fucking times and this clusterfuck of a release IS a fitting end to what hopefully will be a glorious game shrouded in idiotic PR.
Pretty much. I am sure I will lose 6 months of my life to this game when it comes out, but at the moment I am only filled with magazine rack knocking over rage, and coma inducing levels of contempt, for Sony and PD marketing and corporate employees.

Racer30

felipepl said:

Sony has been giving the impression that this game would come out since 2009, broken two release dates (march in japan, november worldwide) and been totally silent about whats going on when the game should have been here already. Not only that, but they delayed the game 3 weeks prior to release AND didnt follow up on their word of a new release date before end the month.

I dont know about you, but its just not my cup of tea getting fucked in the ass again and again and again.

GodofWine

This delay made me pre-order Black Ops...you don't know how mad that makes me...

(but then I cancelled it when I came to my senses).

Im predicting Nov 30th...I feel it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom