• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

paskowitz

Omiee said:
so you need to be of a certain level before you can buy a car, well that sucks.

Also I like the idea of a person who has only played the game 3 hours not being able to get the fastest car in the game.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Metalmurphy said:
LHlb6.jpg

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=2463#post4104911

Gotta admit I would stick my cawk into that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Omiee said:
so you need to be of a certain level before you can buy a car, well that sucks.

It sort of makes sense. It will keep inexperienced people from buying high end cars and throwing them online without knowing how to drive. Also I imagine the spec levels unlock other bonuses as well, such as new cars awarded, new dealers, parts and so forth.

offshore

PlayStation Blog has a new post!...."Slam Bolt Scrappers: Calls for Beta Testers in Boston"

What the fuck?! This is just fucking nuts. What are Sony doing? I've never seen anything like this. This is just beyond parody.

offshore said:
PlayStation Blog has a news post!...."Slam Bolt Scrappers: Calls for Beta Testers in Boston"

What the fuck?! This is just fucking nuts. What are Sony doing? I've never seen anything like this. This is just beyond parody.
I assume all the responses to every new blog post are regarding GT5.

Omiee

i dont think any one from sony is actually watching this or are they..?
i mean wtf this is an epic loose, how can a game leak before there is a release date

Got this from Kotaku. Release dates of different retailers.

Amazon (France) – December 8, 2010
Argos (UK) – December 4, 2010
Asda (Wal-Mart’s UK subsidiary) – December 3, 2010
Buy.com – November 30, 2010
CD Universe – December 7, 2010
Deep Discount – November 23, 2010
Fnac (Brazil) – December 9, 2010
PC Richard & Son – November 30, 2010
Play-Asia – December 2010
Sony Style – November 30, 2010
ShopTo (UK) – December 3, 2010
SwapGame – November 29, 2010
Tesco (UK) – December 2010
Toys “R” Us – November 30, 2010
Very (UK) – December 3, 2010
Wal-Mart – December 7, 2010

All points to first december week, or even last of november.

dwebo

No Bentley either, which I thought was confirmed too.

Also, GT5P listed cars in the dealership that you couldn't buy but had to win. Weird that they would change that for GT5.

All I see in those pics is that fake copies of GT can be produced at an astronomically faster rate than real copies.

I honestly can't believe there's no date yet, or any word ... I wonder if we're getting Saturn'd.

Flek

Banned
ah wow shit is really going down now ?

Anyway - where is the 2 car selection screen? (and 3 ?) seriously … i NEED to know if saab is in … i would so shit my pants if they are

Sony is really being stupid now , we know the game was suppose to come out Nov 2.
All they had to say is game is delay for a week or 2 and give us a fucking date instead they are not saying anything.

offshore

dwebo said:
No Bentley either, which I thought was confirmed too.

Also, GT5P listed cars in the dealership that you couldn't buy but had to win. Weird that they would change that for GT5.
A Bentley was in the standard car trailer I'm sure of it.

THE:MILKMAN said:
Sony clusterfuck........
That's like two weeks old.

But seriously, people really got retail copies and everything? What info do we have? (Premium) Car list? Track list? Anything besides lame photos and a boring trophy list?

Goldrusher

You probably unlock new cars as you progress.

No need for a Bentley, Bugatti or Gillet in the beginning anyway. You won't have the required license, nor the money. And you'll only have access to beginner events.

How are these people with copies not blasting out info. If I had a leaked copy of a major game like this it would be like the live journal of a meth head with a camera phone and broadband.

I hate how much I care about this.

SolidSnakex said:
Or they Veyron is a car that you have to win and can't buy.

Just checked my GTPSP and in comparison to that GT5 picture, these manufacturers/tuners are missing:

AC Cars, Amuse, Alpine, ASL, Bugatti, Bentley, Blitz, Buick, Cadillac, Callaway, Chaparral, Chrysler, Cizeta, DMC, Dome, Eagle, FPV, Gillet, Ginetta, HKS, Hommell, HPA, Hyundai, Jensen Healey, Land Rover, Lister

Yes, theres an arrow pointing to more manufacturers, except the list is in alphabetical order like someone mentioned.

That would suck if even regular dealerships cycle. I have the money, why cant I buy [X] car now!?!??! :mad:

Wazzim

Banned
gundamkyoukai said:
Sony is really being stupid now , we know the game was suppose to come out Nov 2.
All they had to say is game is delay for a week or 2 and give us a fucking date instead they are not saying anything.
I think SCEJ is at fault here, PD is "their" studio.

Flek

Banned
Goldrusher said:
You probably unlock new cars as you progress.

No need for a Bentley, Bugatti or Gillet in the beginning anyway. You won't have the required license, nor the money. And you'll only have access to beginner events.

makes no sense, lambo, maserati, aston martin and jaguar are there

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Wazzim said:
I think SCEJ is at fault here, PD is "their" studio.

It's always SCEJs fault. Doesn't matter if it was SCEA or SCEE who actually fucked up, I blame it on SCEJ anyway, as SCEJ is so consistently useless and terrible at everything they do. For the PS4 I hope Sony lets anyone but SCEJ handle FW updates.

Victarion

Please Sony, I beg of you, please just give us a release date! We're diehard fans of GT, EAGERLY ANTICIPATING A RELEASE DATE, A RELEASE DATE!!! Is this too much to ask?

lCOtb.jpg

I can't take this anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom