• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzim

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
It's always SCEJs fault. Doesn't matter if it was SCEA or SCEE who actually fucked up, I blame it on SCEJ anyway, as SCEJ is so consistently useless and terrible at everything they do. For the PS4 I hope Sony lets anyone but SCEJ handle FW updates.
I fully agree, they are just..annoying. The worst thing is that if they have cool stuff it's always JPN only without the means of bringing it to the west.

VegaShinra

If these damn things are leaking so steadily, then where the hell is new information? Why post pics and then nothing else? Bastards.....

Flek

Banned
has anyone any information on the guy selling the game? I have a guy here who said if i give him name / andress or something he would drive there right now and buy the game 2

AndyD

aka andydumi
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Just checked my GTPSP and in comparison to that GT5 picture, these manufacturers/tuners are missing:

AC Cars, Amuse, Alpine, ASL, Bugatti, Bentley, Blitz, Buick, Cadillac, Callaway, Chaparral, Chrysler, Cizeta, DMC, Dome, Eagle, FPV, Gillet, Ginetta, HKS, Hommell, HPA, Hyundai, Jensen Healey, Land Rover, Lister

Yes, theres an arrow pointing to more manufacturers, except the list is in alphabetical order like someone mentioned.

That would suck if even regular dealerships cycle. I have the money, why cant I buy [X] car now!?!??! :mad:

It could be that they don't unlock until you get higher level. So once you get to a certain level of experience, or pass a certain driving test tier you unlock more and more. That way it keeps you going and keeps you surprised rather than hand everything over on day 1.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Wazzim said:
I fully agree, they are just..annoying. The worst thing is that if they have cool stuff it's always JPN only without the means of bringing it to the west.

Yeah, SCEJ is a huge, crimson pimple on Sony's face. I wish they'd just shut down the damn thing and let SCEA or SCEE handle Team Ico, Polyphony, the FW updates and whatever else SCEJ are currently busy ruining involved in.

Edit: And yeah, this whole mess is getting ridiculous. Jesus, Sony. What the Hell is going on?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Manticore said:
Please Sony, I beg of you, please just give us a release date! We're diehard fans of GT, EAGERLY ANTICIPATING A RELEASE DATE, A RELEASE DATE!!! Is this too much to ask?

lCOtb.jpg

I can't take this anymore :(

I want that dog, along with GT5

Omiee

any links to a site where i can buy a copy..?
i hate this shit, if i had the game i would be posting all kinds of videos

AndyD

aka andydumi
Despera said:
can I buy, sell and auction cars to other players in GT5?

You can gift/trade, not sure if its an auction system. But they did say you can share your cars with friends, although we don't know how yet. Or if only certain cars and not others (special award cars can't be traded, only won from special events should be a limitation I think).

Arucardo

Does car performance degrade with the mileage in GT series? (maybe I'm hoping for too much here and I can't remember if it was in GT 4)

Flo_Evans

What the hell is wrong with these people? They get one of the most anticipated games ever and host the screenshots at the shitiest image hosting place imaginable? :lol

Despera

Banned
dwebo said:
I would imagine yes.

But that doesn't confirm the inclusion of player transactions. If I remember correctly GT 4 had a used car section that generated different cars based on an in-game calender.

Xater

Arucardo said:
Does car performance degrade with the mileage in GT series? (maybe I'm hoping for too much here and I can't remember if it was in GT 4)

It does and it was also in GT4.

dwebo

Despera said:
But that doesn't confirm the inclusion of player transactions. If I remember correctly GT 4 had a used car section that generates different cars based on an in-game calender.
Ah, well nevermind then. Didn't play much of GT4 (or earlier for that matter :lol)

warthog

Manticore said:
Please Sony, I beg of you, please just give us a release date! We're diehard fans of GT, EAGERLY ANTICIPATING A RELEASE DATE, A RELEASE DATE!!! Is this too much to ask?

lCOtb.jpg

I can't take this anymore :(

This picture of a way too cool dog makes up for the wait, somewhat.

jiggles

Banned
offshore said:
It is. It says at the bottom "cars of this make available for purchase at current level 0"
But if one with zero available shows on the menu, why would more show up at higher levels?

Unless they're supposed to be a "surprise" or something, I guess.

offshore

jigglywiggly said:
But if one with zero available shows on the menu, why would more show up at higher levels?
Because as you move up, I guess Bugatti and Bentley and whatever else is missing becomes available.

Flek said:
maybe sony is waiting for the cod release date to go "booooom fuck cod gt5 is coming on XY" YEHAAAAAAA
It's probably more like:

Hey, did you finish the press release for the new release date?
Oh shit, no. Forgot about that. Lemme finish this race, then I'll do it.
Is that the final code?
Yeah ...
Gimme that controller ...

Flek

Banned
offshore said:
Because as you move up, I guess Bugatti and Bentley and whatever else is missing becomes available.

like i said this makes no sense, why should a maserati etc. be there for level 0 ?

brotkasten said:
It's probably more like:

Hey, did you finish the press release for the new release date?
Oh shit, no. Forgot about that. Lemme finish this race, then I'll do it.
Is that the final code?
Yeah ...
Gimme that controller ...

:lol :lol :lol :lol

UFRA

Wow, I just browsed through all 14 pages that I missed here overnight, and found that I'm in the exact same place emotionally as I was last night. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

However, this made my day :

EricHasNoPull said:
If I could explain this entire thread with just ONE image!
angrygaffunrun1024.jpg

This was all worth it. Thank you GAF, for making one of my witty responses live on forever. *tear* I shall cherish this moment.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I would have to go with the COD theory.
Tomorrow is going to be all about Black Ops and its gigantic launch.

Sony will probably wait till Thursday/Friday when the hype has cooled on Black Ops giving them time to get the market ready for GT5.

TylerD

Xater said:
I am amzed that apprently only Eurogamer thinks this shit is newsworthy.

Probably because the major sites have had it for a couple of days and are under super-ultra NDA until the actual release date is announced.

/speculation

edit: Although, I have no idea why Eurogamer wouldn't be included in that.

Xater

TylerD said:
Probably because the major sites have had it for a couple of days and are under super-ultra NDA until the actual release date is announced.

/speculation

Judging by the reactions of Kollar and Klepek on Twitter I kinda doubt it.

offshore

Flek said:
like i said this makes no sense, why should a maserati etc. be there for level 0 ?
Ask Kaz :p

Maybe not all models from all the manufacturers available at level 0 are made available at first. I don't know, whatever it is, it seems pretty needless. I can see myself getting annoyed with this system :p

UFRA

navanman said:
I would have to go with the COD theory.
Tomorrow is going to be all about Black Ops and its gigantic launch.

Sony will probably wait till Thursday/Friday when the hype has cooled on Black Ops giving them time to get the market ready for GT5.

But you have to remember, Sony is making crap decisions about all of this announcement stuff...

I bet that tomorrow IS the big day for us with GT5.

While everyone is like, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO COD:BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sony will quickly whisper "ohbtwGT5isoutnowkthxbye"

And that will be their big day.

offshore

Xater said:
I am amzed that apprently only Eurogamer thinks this shit is newsworthy.
It's the Black Ops launch party right now in the UK, so UK based ones probably don't know what's going on.

US sites don't have an excuse though :p

Wazzim

Banned
UFRA said:
But you have to remember, Sony is making crap decisions about all of this announcement stuff...

I bet that tomorrow IS the big day for us with GT5.

While everyone is like, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO COD:BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sony will quickly whisper "ohbtwGT5isoutnowkthxbye"

And that will be their big day.
Well then I'll declare them for complete idiots in a comment on the eu blog and rush to the store to purchase my copy.

Senua

offshore said:
It's the Black Ops launch party right now in the UK, so UK based ones probably don't know what's going on.

US sites don't have an excuse though :p
yay i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flo_Evans

TylerD said:
If it does, it looks like it has many more than just 4 makes at a time. I hate that.

Maybe the screen is just new (or used) dealerships? It seem that the cars you can buy are level restricted too.

Why can't somebody that knows WTF is going on have the game yet?!

I would probably be playing it and not updating the internet right now either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom