• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

I don't care how much they charge for new tracks, I'll buy them anyway, I don't care if they don't release another car pack for GT5 as long as they release more tracks then I'll be happy.

Although I would love a premium GT1/GT2 car pack.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
If I buy the Racing Car Pack DLC, can I get the Red bull X2011 from my garage instantly to use in career mode, or do I have to buy it or win it in some cup before I get it?

silvx180 has returns with

aaj0q5.gif

aw730n.gif

a34wt8.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2hUKswc9E

well laguna seca has a few alterations to it but its still using mostly ps2 level assets.

It isn't. When people mention PS2 tracks we mean the actual modeling of the track wasn't done from scratch, and it's easier to tell they aren't as detailed, for example, compare the white lines on the nurburgring with lines from "ps2" tracks, they're actually curved and not just many diagonal lines trying to pretend they're a curve. But the assets have all been redone for GT5, textures, buildings etc.

Combichristoffersen

All the DLC cars will be immediately gifted to you to use however you want :)

Thanks :D Bought the DLC pack, but haven't been able to test the cars yet. Next question: can I transfer my credits from GTPSP to GT5? I have about 700k credits in GTPSP that I don't really have any use for there, but they would be rather welcome in GT5. If not, I'll just spend the credits on buying/upgrading cars, and transferring those to GT5.

spats

Thanks :D Bought the DLC pack, but haven't been able to test the cars yet. Next question: can I transfer my credits from GTPSP to GT5? I have about 700k credits in GTPSP that I don't really have any use for there, but they would be rather welcome in GT5. If not, I'll just spend the credits on buying/upgrading cars, and transferring those to GT5.

IIRC the only thing that's transferable from the PSP game is the garage, and that's obviously only to arcade mode.

Combichristoffersen

GTPSP credits are non-transferable to GT5 unfortunately :(

IIRC the only thing that's transferable from the PSP game is the garage, and that's obviously only to arcade mode.

I see, thanks. Did a few more races to earn enough credits for a Toyota I wanted, but by the time I had about enough, the dealers had switched. So I spent about 1 million credits on buying a Honda Mugen that actually performed worse than some of the cars I already owned. Money well spent :|

dubc35

I see, thanks. Did a few more races to earn enough credits for a Toyota I wanted, but by the time I had about enough, the dealers had switched. So I spent about 1 million credits on buying a Honda Mugen that actually performed worse than some of the cars I already owned. Money well spent :|
Welcome to GT5, lol.

mclaren777

5JLQx.jpg

Pretty impressive.

This is the stat that surprises me most: The average increase in distance is 63 million miles a day.

I didn't realize that GT5 had such a vibrant online community, though I wonder if that number includes online B-spec races.

This is the stat that surprises me most: The average increase in distance is 63 million miles a day.

I didn't realize that GT5 had such a vibrant online community, though I wonder if that number includes online B-spec races.

There's 30+ servers all the time just in Euro zone, 24/7. Not that surprising to me.

dubc35

GTPSP is epically bad. I knew it wouldn't come close to the console versions but seriously, no career mode at all? It seems like Sony just said, hey we're going to have GT on PSP and forgot to tell PD about it.

Combichristoffersen

GTPSP is epically bad. I knew it wouldn't come close to the console versions but seriously, no career mode at all? It seems like Sony just said, hey we're going to have GT on PSP and forgot to tell PD about it.

The only thing it's really useful for is doing races (winning a 6-lap race netted me something like 150k credits, although I guess that may change depending on what level you are) to get credits to buy cars you can transfer to GT5 (and those can't even be used in career mode). Other than that, it really is a pretty awful and useless game. But at least I got it for free when I bought my PSP (buying the GTPSP bundle was actually cheaper than buying a standalone PSP, for some reason).

You can tune your car in GT PSP:

untitled-14vgwq.jpg

GT PSP is a very good driving game and offers the best racing out of any GT game. The rubberband AI is a welcomed addition -- S rank races are good fun and close from start to finish, it puts that borefest GT5 to shame.

Rubberband AI for GT6?

spats

Official blog post for the upcoming DLC.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/26/gt5-toyota-fr-s-and-twin-ring-motegi-dlc-release/

First up is the Twin Ring Motegi Pack, a much cherished legacy circuit that will evoke fond memories amongst GT fans and which was seen recently in the final stages of the GT Academy contest. The pack is priced at €4.99/£3.99 and includes two tracks with four layout configurations of Motegi.

For the uninitiated Twin Ring Motegi is a circuit located in Japan that has both an oval and road course in its configuration. The 2.4km oval ‘Superspeedway’ is mainly used for American motorsports, while the 4.8km road course is used for races like the Super GT and Formula Nippon. This pack not only contains these two tracks, it also includes the West and East courses that are formed by separating the first half and the latter half of the road course, letting you enjoy the different technical layouts of the Motegi track. Motegi is a track that a lot of fans have been asking for and we hope you’re excited to see its reappearance.

Combichristoffersen

You can tune your car in GT PSP:

untitled-14vgwq.jpg

GT PSP is a very good driving game and offers the best racing out of any GT game. The rubberband AI is a welcomed addition -- S rank races are good fun and close from start to finish, it puts that borefest GT5 to shame.

I know about the quick tune option, what I was thinking of was the ability to upgrade your cars by buying parts. Sorry if that was unclear.

And you have to be the first person ever I've seen who actually likes rubberband AI :|

When your AI is absolute shit rubber banding is a must.

I dream of the day when Gran Turismo has Grand Prix 4 levels of intelligence, that game is still the standard 10 years after it released.

Niks

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but is Motegi fixed time/weather?

The 2 person team in charge of making tracks worked on this one for a whole year,
so including weather and time would probably take another year.

But hey on the upside, you get a FREE car, just dont mind its the carbon copy of a car you already have.

dubc35

The 2 person team in charge of making tracks worked on this one for a whole year,
so including weather and time would probably take another year.

But hey on the upside, you get a FREE car, just dont mind its the carbon copy of a car you already have.

They added a person to their track making team? Sweet!

Dead Man

Why the hell do I have to be signed in to do seasonals? Shit drives me nuts since GT5 keeps dropping the PSN connection. If I stay in XMB I stay connected for days, in GT5, 2-3 hours at most.

When your AI is absolute shit rubber banding is a must.

I dream of the day when Gran Turismo has Grand Prix 4 levels of intelligence, that game is still the standard 10 years after it released.

Truth. Well, and race design is shit too.

Angst

I presume you were thinking about Super GT before I derailed your train of thought?

It's summer vacation for me, so no GT5 for a few weeks.

paskowitz

Motegi is still great

Yeah, it is really technical. Easy to screw up on.

Link

Pregunta a Kazunori Yamauchi en Gamelab 2012

Países: ES

Hola chic@s:

Gamelab 2012 ya está en marcha y a partir de mañana abrirá sus puertas a todos los fans de PlayStation.

Uno de los grandes atractivos que PlayStation trae a esta feria es la final nacional de GT Academy 2012 los días 30 de junio y 1 de julio. Para recibir tan sonado evento como se merece, nada menos que el creador de Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, estará presente en la exposición, dónde además recogerá el Premio de Honor 2012 de La Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias interactivas.

Nuestro país ha sido siempre puntero en todo lo referente al mundo del motor y la franquicia Gran Turismo siempre ha gozado de una salud insuperable en España, contando con una de las mayores Comunidades Oficiales de toda Europa; docenas de pilotos compiten semanalmente en sus eventos online.

yamauchi
Realiza tus preguntas a Kazunori Yamauchi

Creemos que los seguidores de Gran Turismo sois el principal baluarte de esta saga y por ello nos gustaría daros la posibilidad de realizar vuestras preguntas a Yamauchi San.

Por favor, escribid vuestras preguntas en este mismo post e intentaremos que nuestro entrevistado conteste al mayor número posible. Vuestras respuestas estarán ligadas al online ID con el que hayáis escrito en este mismo blog.

Asimismo nos gustaría pedir un poco de paciencia ya que todos entendemos el apretado horario que espera a Yamauchi San durante los próximos días. Haremos todo lo que esté en nuestras manos por hacerle llegar vuestras preguntas.

¡Muchas gracias!

Ask Kazunori Yamauchi in 2012 Gamelab

Hola chic @ s:

Gamelab 2012 is underway and as of tomorrow will be open to all fans of PlayStation.

One of the great attractions that PlayStation brings this fair is the national finals of GT Academy 2012 on 30 June and 1 July. To receive event so notorious as it deserves, nothing less than the Gran Turismo creator, Kazunori Yamauchi, will attend the exhibition, where also will collect the 2012 Honor Award from The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.

Our country has always been a pointer to everything about the world of motoring and the Gran Turismo franchise has always had an unsurpassed health in Spain, with one of the largest Official Communities across Europe, dozens of riders competing in their events online weekly .

Yamauchi
Make your questions to Kazunori Yamauchi

We believe that Gran Turismo fans you are the main stronghold of the series and therefore we would like to give you the ability to make your questions to Yamauchi San.

Please write your questions in this post and we will try to answer our interview as many as possible. Your responses will be linked to online ID with which you have written in this blog.

We would also like to ask a little patience and we all understand the tight schedule that awaits Yamauchi San in the coming days. We will do everything in our power to make us your questions.

Thank you!

Top Bottom