• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Dead Man

Yep. Good image Amar. I feel like the bumper cam is located even lower than your drawing, but I have nothing to back that up :) Still the one I use for setting laps though.

Mxrz

How do you guys play other racers now?

I'll see a game that I want to play with some interesting tracks. Then I go to play it, and its like. . . "What the hell? Why is the car on ice? Why does it feel 18 feet wide?" I just can't shake it off. All I can manage is Wipeout, but that is suppose to be glide-y.

How do you guys play other racers now?

I'll see a game that I want to play with some interesting tracks. Then I go to play it, and its like. . . "What the hell? Why is the car on ice? Why does it feel 18 feet wide?" I just can't shake it off. All I can manage is Wipeout, but that is suppose to be glide-y.

I play arcade racers with the a controller and not a wheel, since I never play GT5 with a controller it doesn't feel as confusing to me.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yep. Good image Amar. I feel like the bumper cam is located even lower than your drawing, but I have nothing to back that up :) Still the one I use for setting laps though.

Yep. I think someone did a test where they drove up the back of a car and since we know the height of the car, you could measure the height of the camera center point. It was somewhat lower. Although it will of course differ car to car based on the size and dimensions of the car, which accounts for different feel to the same camera in different cars.

paskowitz

I won't be able to play GT for a couple days.
How's the track from a graphical/technical point of view?

Think more Fuji/Suzuka. Not as good as Nurburgring or Spa, but better than trial mountain or Laguna Seca. Good track surface textures and good structure modeling, but the scenery is kinda weak.

Niks

Think more Fuji/Suzuka. Not as good as Nurburgring or Spa, but better than trial mountain or Laguna Seca. Good track surface textures and good structure modeling, but the scenery is kinda weak.

Yeah pretty much.
As I said before, its a shame PD didnt go for the afternoon time of day, like it was in GT4.
Gave it more personality imo.

Watevaman

It's early in the game, but I'm honestly baffled once again that a track being developed this late in the game is not on a full 24hr cycle.

What on earth is stopping them from implementing it on at least new tracks? It can't be a condition of licensing the track, can it?

Edit: Oh, and is it just me or is the spoiler on the 370Z all for naught? It's so tail happy around even the lightest of corners.

Dead Man

Yeah pretty much.
As I said before, its a shame PD didnt go for the afternoon time of day, like it was in GT4.

I hated that at first, made it so hard to learn the lines, but then I finally got it and it was pretty awesome.

paskowitz

Yeah pretty much.

Not as nuts as not offering a wet and short version of Tsukuba.

It's early in the game, but I'm honestly baffled once again that a track being developed this late in the game is not on a full 24hr cycle.

What on earth is stopping them from implementing it on at least new tracks? It can't be a condition of licensing the track, can it?

Yeah, this kills me. Why Nurburgring 24h with full effects and not the GP circuits. Why weather change at HSR but not the reverse version? My mind cannot even comprehend these decisions.

amar212

Why no Suzuka West?

Any of Cape Ring variations in Reverse? Why not?

And what aboit Bugatti circuit? Is lays there, just over the fence goddamnit..

And since 370Z has a cockpit clock that matches time-o-day on track, we can safely say how it is 16.00 hours at Motegi at least.. so maybe we get variants. Soon.

BADNED

I agree.

Cars for free (to ones that golded the events). But I have a nice feeling there will be a new DLC content soon and Motegi will lead the pack(s).
I hope your feeling is right.
Would love to see a Motegi, Mid-Field, El Capitan & Apricot Hill pack(s) at least.

ruttyboy

In the last few days, my G25 has not been aligning the wheel properly to the centre. In other words I have to steer right to go in a straight line. Obviously this is great timing with the final round of GT Academy open, but I’m more worried that the wheel is on its way out (I got this one second hand and can’t afford another).

I can get it to correct if I go full lock left then unplug and reconnect the USB, but this only works for a few minutes...

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any tips for sorting it out?

I've had that problem in belt driven Fanatecs but not on a gear driven wheel.

The Fanatecs can be fixed by realigning or blowing out dust from the optical sensor, if it's no longer under warranty you should look into it.

0HGyH.jpg

paskowitz

In the last few days, my G25 has not been aligning the wheel properly to the centre. In other words I have to steer right to go in a straight line. Obviously this is great timing with the final round of GT Academy open, but I’m more worried that the wheel is on its way out (I got this one second hand and can’t afford another).

I can get it to correct if I go full lock left then unplug and reconnect the USB, but this only works for a few minutes...

Call Logitech. They have great customer service. If you cannot afford a replacement wheel from them ($150 IIRC) then say, "look, I cannot afford a replacement wheel, please just walk me through the possible steps so I can try to fix it myself." They should help you out.

Call Logitech. They have great customer service. If you cannot afford a replacement wheel from them ($150 IIRC) then say, "look, I cannot afford a replacement wheel, please just walk me through the possible steps so I can try to fix it myself." They should help you out.

By giving you a new one. For free.

paskowitz

Bold.

ruttyboy

A good suggestion, but a quick google of their forum would lead me to believe that they are spectacularly unhelpful. That said, nothing ventured, nothing gained so I'll give it a go.

Also, I'm in the UK and so I doubt they do refurbs/exchanges and stuff (I assume that's what you mean). Don't get any of that stuff here, I'm always jealous of the graphics cards trade in deals and similar you enjoy in the US :(

Angst

A good suggestion, but a quick google of their forum would lead me to believe that they are spectacularly unhelpful. That said, nothing ventured, nothing gained so I'll give it a go.

Also, I'm in the UK and so I doubt they do refurbs/exchanges and stuff (I assume that's what you mean). Don't get any of that stuff here, I'm always jealous of the graphics cards trade in deals and similar you enjoy in the US :(

Call them. Logitech EU support rocks. Don't read their forums.

Polyphony

Got mine second hand from eBay, the serial and model numbers were blacked out with sharpie but I managed to recover them.
Logitech CS were very helpful when my wheel died. They asked for the numbers as I thought and sent me a box with a shipping label. My wheel was on its way back to Logitech and I got a brand new one a few days later, no questions asked.

So give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

Acid08

Banned
So I got the XL edition a few days ago....fucking hell this game is awesome.

'86 Supercharged MR2 is so much fun to drive.

paskowitz

It is much, much, much better than when it came out. I kind of wish the press would look at games like this and do a separate review for them.

Does anyone know if the XL edition saves work with the original? When my PS3 got stolen, GT5 was in there, and I dont want to redownload all the patches and kill my bandwidth cap.

paskowitz

Does anyone know if the XL edition saves work with the original? When my PS3 got stolen, GT5 was in there, and I dont want to redownload all the patches and kill my bandwidth cap.

Your saves (bar ps+) are gone. GT5xl should include all the patches up to 2.0 . So you will still have download a bit.

I just started 24 Hours of Le Mans in honor of the event proper.

I managed to get one hour in before I got bored. Finishing this and 24 Hours of Nurburgring is going to take a long time :(

What do you mean your saves from PS+? You mean the game saves you uploaded to the cloud storage? If so, than yes they will.

Yes, I was wondering if GT5 original saves are the same as GT5 XL saves. I have PS+ and my GT5 info is saved to the cloud. Because my PS3 was stolen I just wanted to buy GT5 XL, so I don't have to download everything from scratch NOR lose all my cars.

Dead Man

Yes, I was wondering if GT5 original saves are the same as GT5 XL saves. I have PS+ and my GT5 info is saved to the cloud. Because my PS3 was stolen I just wanted to buy GT5 XL, so I don't have to download everything from scratch NOR lose all my cars.

LOL, that exchange was way too complicated, but I think you are good to go with XL and your PSN+ saves.

Top Bottom