• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Acid08

Banned
There's actually talk that standard cars will be taken out of GT6? That would be terrible, one of my favorite parts of the game so far is driving the standard cars. Tackling tracks in an MR2 or 86 is tons of fun.

spats

There's actually talk that standard cars will be taken out of GT6? That would be terrible, one of my favorite parts of the game so far is driving the standard cars. Tackling tracks in an MR2 or 86 is tons of fun.

May depend on which platform it comes out on. They're not going to put out a PS4 launch game with 5000 polygon car models.

dubc35

I don't understand PD as a company. They're sitting on a ton of unearned profit by releasing updated standard cars as premiums. Forza seems to release a car pack, usually a track in there too, every month or so. (I'm not certain on that since I don't own a 360). PD could easily release sets of five updated premium cars for $3-$5 or so and rake in the money.

e* Anyone know numbers for how the car packs that have been released have sold? Maybe they tanked and it doesn't make sense.

I don't understand PD as a company. They're sitting on a ton of unearned profit by releasing updated standard cars as premiums. Forza seems to release a car pack, usually a track in there too, every month or so. (I'm not certain on that since I don't own a 360). PD could easily release sets of five updated premium cars for $3-$5 or so and rake in the money.

e* Anyone know numbers for how the car packs that have been released have sold? Maybe they tanked and it doesn't make sense.

They need to make them first.

First batch of DLC sold "a good million" after 2 weeks (That's Racing Gear + Cars + Tracks). No idea on the rest.

paskowitz

Yeah I do not get it either.

Hire modelers + pay them + they work on new cars and tracks + release content as DLC + charge for DLC to cover cost of modelers+% profit = consumers profit and PD profits?

With the Japanese gaming industry hurting as of late, there is no way there is a drought of skilled workers.

Niks

Yeah I do not get it either.

Hire modelers + pay them + they work on new cars and tracks + release content as DLC + charge for DLC to cover cost of modelers+% profit = consumers profit and PD profits?

With the Japanese gaming industry hurting as of late, there is no way there is a drought of skilled workers.

Exactly.
Look at games like Project CARS. They are releasing out tracks every month. I honestly dont know what is holding PD back. They clearly have the money to hire more people... they just dont.

paskowitz

Just a side note, pCars releases incomplete tracks. They do not take just 1 month to complete a track.

Many of these incomplete tracks are as nice, if not better than some tracks in GT5. Sure none are Spa or Nurb level in quality but they are still pretty damn impressive.

Many of these incomplete tracks are as nice, if not better than some tracks in GT5. Sure none are Spa or Nurb level in quality but they are still pretty damn impressive.

I don't mean incomplete as in, inaccurate. I mean incomplete as incomplete. Missing textures, assets, etc.

You can't claim they release new tracks every month just because they appear on the change log in comparison to GT5 lenghty releases since on GT5 they can only release the final version. They take much longer to make in pCARS as well.

And ofcourse, there's the obvious problem of saving some of it for GT6. And the fact that Kaz doesn't like DLC.

Niks

5JLQx.jpg

Pretty impressive.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This game still feels sterile to me.

after playing forza 4 its hard to go back to this. the tire model and physics in gt5 just dont cut it anymore.

Angst

This game still feels sterile to me.

after playing forza 4 its hard to go back to this. the tire model and physics in gt5 just dont cut it anymore.

And Forza's track modeling, suspension modeling, and "cartoony" graphics and lack of HID USB support (Logitech FFB wheels) just does not cut it for me. GT5 has a lousy tire model. Beyond that and the collision physics, I would argue it has some of the best. Granted, those are two big things. GT5 is very much a hit and miss game, where Forza 4 is more solid all around. Even a jaded GT5 fan like me can admit that.

Please don't start this shit again.

rvy

Banned
►Pacchetto Twin Ring Motegi (2 tracciati, 4 configurazioni)

Questo contenuto aggiunge a GT5 i diversi tracciati del circuito di Twin Ring Motegi: Road Course, Super Speedway, East Course e West Course.

Scaricalo per metterti alla prova sulle varianti di questo famoso circuito giapponese.

€5.00

►Scion FR-S '12

Questo contenuto aggiunge a Gran Turismo 5 l'auto con motore anteriore e trazione posteriore Scion FR-S '12.

Questa vettura compatta A/P (motore anteriore, trazione posteriore) introdotta da Scion è cugina della Toyota 86 venduta in Giappone. Arricchisci il tuo garage con un'auto A/P appassionante da guidare!

Gratis

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/it/products/gt5/dlc/

What the shit, 5€ is a bit steep for Twin Ring Motegi. Car is free. Still no news about the Acura NSX Concept.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It says the road course, the speedway, and then an east and west course. And 1 car, come on PD, not even a couple of Le Mans cars?

AndyD

aka andydumi
250px-Twin_Ring_Motegi_map-2.svg.png

They probably consider the ring and the road course as two tracks. Then shorter west/east versions of the road course make it four. Makes sense in a way. The oval and the road course are so different, they are not really two layouts of the same track, more like two tracks in the same location.

Pricing makes no sense IMO.

We got Spa, a brand new very well done track, and the Kart Space (which btw, is a very detailed track even if not everyone's cup of tea) for 3,99€

And now a remaster of an old one for 5€...

Niks

Scion FR-S '12

You mean the exact same copy of the car you gave away 2 months ago?? Really...realllyyy?
I know its free but goddam...

paskowitz

I am going go Mission Impossible on Kaz, abduct him, scan his face, make a face mask out of it and tell everyone that I have suddenly learned perfect English with an American accent. Everything I say goes. The world would be a better place.

rvy

Banned
I am going go Mission Impossible on Kaz, abduct him, scan his face, make a face mask out of it and tell everyone that I have suddenly learned perfect English with an American accent. Everything I say goes. The world would be a better place.

If there's an HSV in it for me, I'll support this.

amar212

Shuhei Yoshida would then ninjakillyou because only what he says goes.

BTW I want new track ASAP, I don't care for damn 5 euros, you can't buy coffee and pack of cigs for that money, take my cash PD and make the new recruitment guys start producing damn new tracks ASAP.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/job20.html

I can buy 2 cups of coffee and a pack of cigarettes for that money.

But I wont cause I'm weak and I'll buy the damn overpriced DLC, also I don't smoke.

Watevaman

Sorry, but $5 for a track is too much for my liking. And I'm willing to bet it's a fixed time.

I hate to say it but I don't think PD knows what they're doing anymore. They need to get with the program in the modern DLC game.

IISANDERII

I am definitely down for this. There are much fewer tracks than cars so I'll easily buy a track for $5 rather than some cars for $7.

Top Bottom