• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

From LogiForce at GTplanet

AI is actually being competative now and even starts being defensive and close a gap when noticing you try to take use of it.
The weather I haven't checked yet, but so far as I can tell the physics are improved a good amount. It even feels more like a real car now. Also the FFB is improved along with the physics as far as I can tell.
The G25 drives a lot better according to my dad who uses mine now (since I bought a T500 RS). According to him the FFB on it is far less jerky when going over bumps. And personally I don't hear it make al lot of noise anymore either. He hasn't tried manual shifting yet, so no clue about that yet.

Oh well, it's 5:36 am here in the Netherlands and i'll be bedwardsing to get some sleep if any at all. :p

Just finished installing. The DL only took about 30 minutes on DSL.

After it installed it said the server is still down.

This is weird. There wasn't a new intro movie. But when I go under manual, it says ver. 2.00.57543783

WTF

luka

Loves Robotech S1
h3ro said:
Just loaded Nurburgring Type V in 5 seconds flat from the Free Practice menu.

The bar was progressing really slow for the first couple seconds and I thought "Oh, no big change" then boom, zoomed and filled the entire thing. Went right into race options.

So good.
ffffuuuuuu

Radec

Maybe the new intro comes from the DLC..

TrollFaceDancing_bigger.gif

alba

Little is the new Big
Radec said:
Maybe the new intro comes from the DLC..

TrollFaceDancing_bigger.gif

It's probably linked to GTTV since most people by now have the options set to skip the intro, if you have that off, you can watch the new intro, if you have it on you have to wait for the servers to come back online to watch it in the GTTV category, most likely.

h3ro

Get in Kaz's GT-R.

Go to Nurburgring Type V (24h Night/Rain variant if you're feeling daring).

Turn off soundtrack, leaving just environment and engine sounds.

Turn off HUD.

Cockpit view.

Let it rip.

Pure. Bliss.

alba

Little is the new Big
h3ro said:
Get in Kaz's GT-R.

Turn off HUD.

Cockpit view.

Let it rip.

Pure. Bliss.

First thing I'm going to do :)

Xanadu

Banned
h3ro said:
Get in Kaz's GT-R.

Turn off HUD.

Cockpit view.

Let it rip.

Pure. Bliss.
the one thing that spoils it imo

hirokazu

Death Dealer said:
Just finished installing. The DL only took about 30 minutes on DSL.

After it installed it said the server is still down.

This is weird. There wasn't a new intro movie. But when I go under manual, it says ver. 2.00.57543783

WTF
I hear the first half with the car manufacturing is still the same, but the second half is completely new (not sure about the music though).

andylsun

h3ro said:
Get in Kaz's GT-R.

Turn off HUD.

Cockpit view.

Let it rip.

Pure. Bliss.

That was the first thing I did! Day not night though.

h3ro

Xanadu said:
the one thing that spoils it imo
I upgraded the exhaust to Racing type. Sounds damn good.

Just don't hit a wall to avoid thuds and you'll love it. :D

I just bought a second GT-R Schulze to keep untouched in my garage. No idea why I did that.

andylsun

There's a small addition in the intro movie, after the GT-R bit, it shows the Mercedes logo and a bit of the X2010 before fading to My Chemical Romance.

Found I had about 7 mil after the X2010 seasonal challenge, so picked up a load of cars - a friend of mine who died a few years ago had a bright yellow Lotus Esprit V8 - so just bought one in his memory. We used to take it grocery shopping - it was too big to fit in the marked spaces at Tesco, and the food bags had to go in the footwell as there was no where else to put them.

brentech

hirokazu said:
I hear the first half with the car manufacturing is still the same, but the second half is completely new (not sure about the music though).
Just got done watching, it was the same all the way through

andylsun said:
There's a small addition in the intro movie, after the GT-R bit, it shows the Mercedes logo and a bit of the X2010 before fading to My Chemical Romance.

I'm pretty sure that was always there. Also a Toyota logo which I think is the Yaris?

andylsun

ghostofsparta said:
I'm pretty sure that was always there. Also a Toyota logo which I think is the Yaris?

Crap, sorry to get your hopes up - My daughter can sing all the words to the song, and my wife keeps asking what the hell is she singing!

brentech

Opened up in game news and it says: "A new opening movie is now available from 'GT TV'. When you download this movie, it will replace the current opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within GT TV.

brentech said:
Opened up in game news and it says: "A new opening movie is now available from 'GT TV'. When you download this movie, it will replace the current opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within GT TV.

Fuck yea.

Tested out rewind/FF feature.... you can't slow down anything like I was hoping to. It skips/rewinds to different sector markers, but there is ZERO loading between clicking the button and getting a result... They seem to have REALLY improved on over all loading... Really they have.

150% experience gain? Damn.. shoulda waited to do that X2010 race after this update =[.

Dead Man

Just did an A Spec race, much quicker to load the race, but you still have to wait for the opponents to load, I'll take that. Seemed to be less tearing too. The setup panels are nice, but you still have weight reductions and engine tunes as permanent on all set ups. Still much better than it was.

alba

Little is the new Big
Reading soo many good things about this update. The tuning sheet is awesome courtesy of trk29 on GTP

sKRTT.jpg

Top Bottom