• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SolidSnakex said:
T9jfb.jpg

iD37z.jpg

Nf3Vi.jpg

i0w6L.jpg

Kart Space
W3Xo3.jpg

image02.jpg

Kart Space looks awesome, haha.

Wario64 said:
Yeah, the suspend option specifically tells you to press the PS button and quit, lol

The game is calling you a pansy.

"Hey you can't handle racing for that long? Fucking quit then, game is not for you!"

---

DLC day 0 for me.

Loudninja

[Other Improvements]
- User interface improvement
- Quick Menu can now be accessed while the race is loading.
- It is now possible to save and resume endurance races.
- Two NASCAR cars selectable in Arcade Mode have been changed from the 2010 models to 2011 models.
- In the Arcade Settings of [Options], AI Car Characteristics settings has been added. You can now change the aggressiveness of the AI against you in Arcade races.
- Some effects of Traction Control have been adjusted. When the TCS level is set to 1, it will not come into effect as much especially in tight corners on dirt tracks.
- Surface Water and Tire Load Indicator displays have been added to the race screen. The Tire Load Indicator can be set from the Quick Options menu that is displayed during the race (when the game is paused using the START button), or the standard Options menu.
- The option to Create Thumbnails for All Cars has been added to the context menu of the Garage. This will update the thumbnails of all cars in the garage.
- Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%.
- You can now change the Slipstream Strength settings in the lounge.
- In the Lounge and in [Option] - [General] - [Arcade], it is now possible to turn Visible Damage ON or OFF.
- Drivetrain settings has been added to the regulation settings in the Lounge.
- A setting to prohibit "Tuning" of cars has been added to the regulations settings in the Lounge.
- Adjusted the driving speed of formula cars in banks, and auto-drive when coming onto straights.
- Added a button to [Reset Playlist to Original Settings] under the settings menus of [Menu BGM], [Race BGM] and [Slideshow BGM].
- Personal BGM can now also be set in [Slideshow BGM]
- A new brand "AMG" has been added to the MUSEUM.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where the "Torque Sensing Center Differential" installed on a Lancer Evolution X was not functioning.
- Fixed an issue where you could participate in the Intermediate/Tarmac Rally of the Gran Turismo Rally in a Ferrari F1 by using the power limiter.
- Fixed an issue where the Controller Steering Sensitivity was not applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue where there was a server connection problem in certain network environments.
- Fixed an issue where auto-drive would make braking mistakes.
- Fixed an issue where the system would misjudge whether deceleration happens in time when making pit stops in the rain.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5news/d6025.html

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oooh, I like this new feature:

- Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
When a user logs in consecutively, a bonus will now be applied to experience and race rewards.
It will increase to 110% in the 1st day, 130% in the 2nd day, 150% in the 3rd day, 170% in the 4th, to a maximum of 200% in the 5th day. This will apply to all events both online and offline, so logging in every day will make the game progress faster.

Man oh man running Like the Wind in the Red Bull monster is insane. The true difficulty lies in trying not crashing into the rest of the grid when you lap them at Mach 20 ;P

The Stealth Fox

Come to think of it, you shouldn't be allowed to enter other races while in an endurance race. However, you should still be able to buy cars and do other things.

hirokazu

Dead Man said:
$12 for all that? Fucking hell, expecting Aus top get fucked on the price even though our dollar is at parity at the moment.
I'm expecting $18 or so for it here, which would be about 70% the price of the freaking (Platinum version) game imported from the UK! D:<

I'd still pull out my wallet for it, but all the cars are just touring versions of existing ones. Lame.

Niks

Spa is awesome!!!.... but common, only 1 track??? :(
Also 3 karts? Hopefully they fixed the slipstream issue...

DLC, bought!

dwebo

Are any of those cars in the "racing" pack actually new? They're just like the stealth model pre-orders, only now in "touring" versions. 8 bucks for that?

Really like the fast track loads, but it's still background loading the cars, so if you try to jump right in, it'll make you wait. The total load time for a race with cars is probably about the same as before.

edit: also, wait, spa doesn't have time change?

alba

Little is the new Big
Niks said:
Spa is awesome!!!.... but common, only 1 track??? :(
Also 3 karts? Hopefully they fixed the slipstream issue...

DLC, bought!

Slipsteam issue confirmed fixed on GTP, you have the option for it now "Strong/Weak" need to test it out myself :)

dwebo said:
Are any of those cars in the "racing" pack actually new? They're just like the stealth model pre-orders, only now in "touring" versions. 8 bucks for that?

Really like the fast track loads, but it's still background loading the cars, so if you try to jump right in, it'll make you wait. The total load time for a race with cars is probably about the same as before.

They're new, they're based on regular cars with new body kits and probably new cockpits as well.

The Stealth Fox

dwebo said:

This is not true. It's much faster, still.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
dwebo said:

The three Karts are brand new!

Seriously though I love Karting in this game so that's actually awesome to me. :p

So beautiful.
FFcDg.gif

Niks

alba said:
Slipsteam issue confirmed fixed on GTP, you have the option for it now "Strong/Weak" need to test it out myself :)

Toxa said:
- You can now change the Slipstream Strength settings in the lounge.

insane

Holy shit!!! Best news right there!!!

benzy

MGR said:
The track loading time in free run is really quick.

http://i.imgur.com/kHeGb.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bo5Mp.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rsIrH.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Damn that looks good.

Being able to change the time and weather in practice mode is fucking awesome.

Complete Pack
This DLC bundle contains the Racing Car Pack, Racing Gear Pack, Paint Pack, and Course Pack for Gran Turismo 5, all for a special low price.
$11.99

Bought!
Probably $20 out here but whatever, don't care haha..

berva

Neo Member
New Opening Movie
A new opening movie is now available from "Gran Turismo TV". When you download this movie, it will replace the current opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within Gran Turismo TV.

Anyone check to see if its there?

dwebo

alba said:
They're new, they're based on regular cars with new body kits and probably new cockpits as well.
I guess we'll find out next Tuesday, but I think most people were expecting either some standards to be upgraded or genuinely new cars.

hirokazu

Heshinsi said:
"If you select the right combination, you could recreate a scene from...?"

FFFFUUUUU!!!
Heh, are they allowed to make new references to Top Gear now that Forza has a partnership with them? Just curious about how it all works.

Xanadu

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD!! SPA SPA SPA

Course Pack (2 tracks, 5 layouts)
This DLC pack adds the new tracks to Gran Turismo 5.
The new Course Pack includes SPA-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and Kart Space layouts I and II (each layout supports normal and reverse).

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/
3tytruyu46475ttityi8jgfhjtit6r876i8tyrutruyt76lj,.,btyu56757sr57u5678567sr5yuftuui56856

Top Bottom