• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Just finished Spa awhile back. 1st place by lap 3, almost a full lap ahead by the end of the race.

B-Spec Bob thinks he's Mark Webber and overtaking cars at Eau Rouge :lol

Anyone recommend a car for La Sarthe? I havent tried it yet.

Angst

Ok, gonna do this differently.

Whoever still needs the FT-II Concept add the PSN ID "GT5NRL"

I'll start sending them tomorrow by order of invite and disregard the old list.

I haven't started GT5 in a while - have you sent the car to me? If not, I'm very much interested :)

Toxa

I love the 650pp race for a-spec in the new seasonal event, fullsotck Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca with hard compound FTW, so good, glorious !!

Kaze13

Interesting thing I just found out about smoke and that nasty jagged effect. During replay and photo mode, that effect is not an issue when looking at the car from behind. Weird, you'd think that they can make it the same when looking at the car from the side and front.

Mxrz

AI seemed a little better in the new seasonals, but might just be me. They pay out really well, the first one might be close to the Ferrari /la Sarthe in credits-per min? - When I did the last one, the 2J was up front, and by the time I got up there it had a +18s lead. Think I finished +9 behind it. I'll give it another go later.

Syn23

New A-Spec Seasonals are cool and all doable without too much effort (you just need to pick cars that you like to drive).

The B-Spec Seasonal at Spa is doable with a little managing (won on my first try). The one at Le Mans seems very hard though, and honestly I can't stand 40 minutes of fine management, praying Bob to overtake. I've tried it three times and it seems that the winning car is always a Pescarolo C60 Hybride, but the one I have in my garage is around 730PP and I need to limit HPs at around 75% to stay within the 700PP limit. Maybe I have to check if I had modified aero, but I doubt it makes so much difference.

I'm not sure what I can do to improve Bob's performance that much (from 6th-7th place to 1st).

Toxa

I have an issue at 24 Hours Nürburgring with weather (arcade mode) , the track is not properly loaded.

first it looks fine but after a few corner

806666IMGP0990.jpg

I got a massive clipping ( I have some portion of the track that appears very late on the screen like the picture) throughout the track and it's unplayable. when I press start the game loads the track but it happens all the time and each lap.

so far it's only on 24 Hours Nürburgring with weather.

it's an issue with the game or my ps3 is defective ?

Polyphony

Doing the Spa B-Spec race made me realize that if my bob can go 4+ seconds faster per lap than the AI in the exact same car, PD could really make the AI go faster if they wanted to. The AI needs a constant pace up/overtake reminder in A-Spec.

Solal

New A-Spec Seasonals are cool and all doable without too much effort (you just need to pick cars that you like to drive).

The B-Spec Seasonal at Spa is doable with a little managing (won on my first try). The one at Le Mans seems very hard though, and honestly I can't stand 40 minutes of fine management, praying Bob to overtake. I've tried it three times and it seems that the winning car is always a Pescarolo C60 Hybride, but the one I have in my garage is around 730PP and I need to limit HPs at around 75% to stay within the 700PP limit. Maybe I have to check if I had modified aero, but I doubt it makes so much difference.

I'm not sure what I can do to improve Bob's performance that much (from 6th-7th place to 1st).

Same here... i just don't see how I can do it...my bobs are level 36 and 35 and I end up 7th or 6th at best...

:-(

Wow, I've reached 20M credits for the first time thanks to the B-Spec seasonals :O

Haven't been able to gold La Sarthe either though, fucking R8 and fucking bob downshifting and burning through the tyres in 3 laps smh.

chifanpoe

Same here... i just don't see how I can do it...my bobs are level 36 and 35 and I end up 7th or 6th at best...

:-(

I am running into the same boat, working on getting my Bobs up to lvl 40 now on the other older B-Spec Indy event. Best i have done is 6th. My stupid guys keep trying to force a pit stop even though one is not needed.

FT86 Concept need list:

Angelcurio - Angelcurio Sent
Steve McQueen - JanssenNL Sent
iamcenok - iamcenok Sent
chifanpoe - chifanpoe (Friend request accepted)
chillumchilla - (need PSN ID)
Audίoboxer - Audioboxer

Just sent the car to Steve McQueen. chillumchilla if you can supply me with you PSN-ID as soon as possible that would be great.

Really like the new seasonals! It also gave me an extra set of cards when I checked them out!

Maybe I'm late, but be sure to try the Mazda787B before.
Videos for reference: 1, 2 (before patch 2.02, now it's even better).

Oh, yeah, the first Le Mans car I bought was the 787B :) And the GT-One. Now I bought the 908 and it seems to be a good choice.

That fucking R8 '01 still owns my bob though.

since when ? before 2.02 or after ?

it's the same issue but ingame :(

Was recording some footage from GT just half an hour ago and it happened when I was recording the GTR replay. I would have shown you but I deleted that footage. It happens only for the first 20-30 seconds then it goes back to normal, only had it happen in-game a couple of times a while back, months ago.

Toxa

Was recording some footage from GT just half an hour ago and it happened when I was recording the GTR replay. I would have shown you but I deleted that footage. It happens only for the first 20-30 seconds then it goes back to normal, only had it happen in-game a couple of times a while back, months ago.

I checked again it only happens when tire wear and damages are actived

anddo0

1-fu3lfr3nzy: car Sent
2-Emwitus: car Sent
3-C_H_T: car Sent
4-Bluforce car Sent

all cars sent. I should be able to send another in a few hours if anyone is interested.

4-Bluforce car Sent

all cars sent. I should be able to send another in a few hours if anyone is interested.

That would be awesome if I could get one. My PSN ID is "SUBZERO-8K". Much appreciated!

badyu17

4-Bluforce car Sent

Yeah, I would like one as well if that's possible , thanks

PSN ID is MGarret

6for8

I sent friend requests to everyone on this page that wanted the FT II concept. I can start sending them tomorrow.

Sirolf & gluv65 - sent requests but they were blocked because of privacy settings. You will need to add me.

Dead Man

So has anyone else have the bug where no hud is visible in splitscreen? I took my PS3 over to a friends house for his kids to play, and the hud was only visible at random. Some races it was there, some only for one player, and most races had no hud for either player. GTP has a few threads on it, but no news outside probably being introduced with 2.02. :/

C_H_T

Thank you, anddo0, but are you sure it is the Toyota FT-86 Concept II ’11? Mine is a "simple" Toyota 86 GT '12.

I got the same car from anddo0, it's just the 86 GT and not the Concept II.
Can someone or anddo0 resend the Concept II?
Thanks in advance.

Toxa

Thats a weird glitch, I'm sure I read on GTPlanet there was a similar glitch during the release of GT5. The same glitch I was talking about.

I checked again and it only occurs when the tires wear is activated

I just tried the track with another account on the same console and there's no issue wtf ??? I got jut a light clipping with some elements of scenery but it's marginal

any idea ?

b-spec event is really great tough

6for8

The B-Spec Seasonal at Spa is doable with a little managing (won on my first try)

What was your drivers lvl?

I thought my lvl 31 driver had a chance for victory but the rain returned. Started him on racing hards and when the track had dried to 20% saturation he was really moving on up. The rain appears to be scripted to return around 20% so it looks like it will be a b-spec Indy 500 New Years.

Humm. I don't have the Concept II. Sorry. I saw requests for the 86 12 and Concept II.

You receive the car for buying the same DLC multiple times. Add me and I will send you the car later today.

Polyphony

The Spa seasonal is an easy win. Had my bob at level 34 in an Arta NSX start on intermediates and pitted 3 laps before the end for racing hards. Won with a 45 second lead.

Didn't try La Sarthe race yet, but I hear that it's doable with an R8 Race Car.

B-spec Sarthe is easy with proper car, tuning and little bit of management. I used Audi R8 RC, put high RPM turbo, then reduced PP to under 700 by adjusting downforce and max speed to 242mph. Started out with RH, pitted at lap 2 and 8 for Intermediates and won it by good 15 seconds. I only had to push him couple of times (lvl 39 hot headed bob) and told him when to pit. Easiest 6M in 40min.

Top Bottom