• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Mxrz

I have a premium SuperGT from somewhere. Going to try to AFK-Spa tonight. I still need two of the 4mil cars in the OCD.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about drafting (slipstream), GT5 has no rubberbanding.

To win this race, set intermediate tires, and keep pushing, telling to overtake, it should be an easy race. When the AI asks to pit for Racing Hards, just do it, everybody else will pit as well.

An even easier way to win, that is almost cheating, use Sports Softs tires, and you'll never need to pit. You don't even have to give orders or touch the controller.

If slipstream is when the other car puts behind you so it gets less air resistance, ergo, going faster. No, that wasn't. The second car just went next to me like nothing. And I know there isn't rubberbanding on GT5, but fuck... if the CPU is going to play soft on me, don't wait till the 8th lap to go full serious.

Mxrz

It worked. AFK-ing Spa with a level 34 driver and a GTR-8 (Woodone, even). 4 million credits every 27 minutes. Starting with intermediates. Probably the best credits-time ratio I've seen. Shame it expires at the end of the month.

BeeDog

If slipstream is when the other car puts behind you so it gets less air resistance, ergo, going faster. No, that wasn't. The second car just went next to me like nothing. And I know there isn't rubberbanding on GT5, but fuck... if the CPU is going to play soft on me, don't wait till the 8th lap to go full serious.

Maybe the CPU isn't affected by tyre wear?

OK after a bit of tinkering I've got a fire and forget set up for winning the B-Spec Spa seasonal. So now I can just set L.Lynch off and 27 minutes later collect 4,000,000 credits.

Feels good.

Would you mind sharing ?... you egotestical rat ! ;-p

I use a NSX Takata (though any SuperGT would probably work). Install stage 3 turbo, in the settings max downforce, add no weight, reduce HP to meet 600pp. Set transmission to 190mph, I tweaked the suspension settings but not sure you need to, install sport soft tires. At the start of the race all you need to do is pace up once or twice. Your Bob will get into the middle of the pack and his pace will not automatically decrease, by around lap 5 or 6 you'll take the lead and his pace will slow, but as soon as the other cars get near him he'll pace up and never drop back. Lap 8 the other cars will pit, your Bob won't, he'll take a big lead, his pace will go cold but he won't lose the lead before the race ends. $4,000,000 credits in 27 minutes. Repeat.

It's possible that when he get's to around 6th place he'll get stuck behind a slow Lexus and the lead pack will pull a big lead, and when he does get by there won't be any cars close enough to automatically keep his pace up. You'll still take the lead when everyone pits but it might not be enough to hold when he goes completely cold, so depending on the timing of the leap frogging he might not be in the lead at the finish line. So if you're near your controller hitting X X to increase pace every few minutes is a good idea.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Here's a bit of a stupid question since I haven't really played much of this game yet. I got a car from finishing the B license tests and another from the first series of races. I opened them in the Car Delivery option, but I can't actually find them anywhere. Do I actually own these cars or not?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Here's a bit of a stupid question since I haven't really played much of this game yet. I got a car from finishing the B license tests and another from the first series of races. I opened them in the Car Delivery option, but I can't actually find them anywhere. Do I actually own these cars or not?

Probably in the "Standard Cars" tab in your garage. :)

Yes, if you tried to access them from the restrictions menu on a race it's possible that it simply doesn't meet the restriction, so it won't show up. Besides that, make sure you look in both the Premium and Standard section

Chris R

I've done the Spa race three times and twice the lead cars didn't pit leaving me in 6th-9th. Anyone knows what will force them to pit every time? The weather seems to be the same every time so I don't understand why they would pit once but not the other two times :|

I've done the Spa race three times and twice the lead cars didn't pit leaving me in 6th-9th. Anyone knows what will force them to pit every time? The weather seems to be the same every time so I don't understand why they would pit once but not the other two times :|

Weather doesn't really matter, what matters is how wet the track is, there's an icon that shows it in %. You should change to Intermidiates at around 30%, it stops raining near the end iirc and track starts drying out.

Spa was easy once I used an Arta NSX, Sarthe however, my bob got overtaken in the last freaking corner! Argh.

Chris R

Weather doesn't really matter, what matters is how wet the track is, there's an icon that shows it in %. You should change to Intermidiates at around 30%, it stops raining near the end iirc and track starts drying out.

Spa was easy once I used an Arta NSX, Sarthe however, my bob got overtaken in the last freaking corner! Argh.

Well I've just been starting on Sport softs and not changing at all. I was just wondering why the top group of cars didn't pit twice (make that 50% now, I've won the event twice and finished near the back twice)

Going to try to figure out the LeMans seasonal after I get enough cash to buy the R8 in the online dealership, used 20,000,000 buying the Ford '67

Would you mind sharing ?... you egotestical rat ! ;-p

ARTA NSX '00 (Standard) - Tuned to just below 600PP, Down-force set to Max front and then what's left to the back. Gears set to 179. Tyres at Sports Soft. Only choose someone with a mentality in the middle. When the race starts pace up twice (to get him close to the back of the chap in 11th) and you're done. If you don't pace up at the start you run the risk of coming 2nd.

Hasn't failed me yet in over 20 races, average win by 15s.

Solal

ARTA NSX '00 (Standard) - Tuned to just below 600PP, Down-force set to Max front and then what's left to the back. Gears set to 179. Tyres at Sports Soft. Only choose someone with a mentality in the middle. When the race starts pace up twice (to get him close to the back of the chap in 11th) and you're done. If you don't pace up at the start you run the risk of coming 2nd.

Hasn't failed me yet in over 20 races, average win by 15s.

weekend_warrior said:
I use a NSX Takata (though any SuperGT would probably work). Install stage 3 turbo, in the settings max downforce, add no weight, reduce HP to meet 600pp. Set transmission to 190mph, I tweaked the suspension settings but not sure you need to, install sport soft tires. At the start of the race all you need to do is pace up once or twice. Your Bob will get into the middle of the pack and his pace will not automatically decrease, by around lap 5 or 6 you'll take the lead and his pace will slow, but as soon as the other cars get near him he'll pace up and never drop back. Lap 8 the other cars will pit, your Bob won't, he'll take a big lead, his pace will go cold but he won't lose the lead before the race ends. $4,000,000 credits in 27 minutes. Repeat.

It's possible that when he get's to around 6th place he'll get stuck behind a slow Lexus and the lead pack will pull a big lead, and when he does get by there won't be any cars close enough to automatically keep his pace up. You'll still take the lead when everyone pits but it might not be enough to hold when he goes completely cold, so depending on the timing of the leap frogging he might not be in the lead at the finish line. So if you're near your controller hitting X X to increase pace every few minutes is a good idea.

Tx guys.

RS4-

Lol b-5 license makes me want to throw my controller at the wall.

I finally got around to picking up GT5 last week and only did license 1-5. I need to invest more time into this.

If anyone still hasn't gotten an FT-86 Concept II '11, besides adding GT5NRL, also leave a msg on that PSN ID.

It's hard to keep track of who has it already.

i-Lo

With regards to the B-spec race on Spa, I wanted to do it in auto-pilot mode and set the tyres to "Intermediate" for when the pit-stop would happen. As usual lap 8 came and the new intermediates were added. Then it went to the pit stop the next lap again for hard tyres. I know that it would chooses hard tyres by default when it pits but I find inters to do a better job.

So why the fuck does the game have to force pit stop beyond the scheduled stop for hard when I specifically mentioned to stick to inters? It wouldn't matter much if as I could cancel the pit stop but in my absence why does the game override my initial command?

With regards to the B-spec race on Spa, I wanted to do it in auto-pilot mode and set the tyres to "Intermediate" for when the pit-stop would happen. As usual lap 8 came and the new intermediates were added. Then it went to the pit stop the next lap again for hard tyres. I know that it would chooses hard tyres by default when it pits but I find inters to do a better job.

So why the fuck does the game have to force pit stop beyond the scheduled stop for hard when I specifically mentioned to stick to inters? It wouldn't matter much if as I could cancel the pit stop but in my absence why does the game override my initial command?

Just put on Sports Softs and you never have to pit and auto-win.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Sarthe I dunno, but Spa is super easy and it works 100% of the times:

Buy Honda Takata Dome NSX 03 from the OCD
Upgrade to Stage 3 turbo
Lower top speed by 10kmh
Aero: 27f 45r
Engine%: lower till 600pp

start with intermediate
never pit
start: pace up x2

You'll win everytime by 58" to 1:04"

i-Lo

Sarthe I dunno, but Spa is super easy and it works 100% of the times:

Buy Honda Takata Dome NSX 03 from the OCD
Upgrade to Stage 3 turbo
Lower top speed by 10kmh
Aero: 27f 45r
Engine%: lower till 600pp

start with intermediate
never pit
start: pace up x2

You'll win everytime by 58" to 1:04"

As good as it is, you can't leave it on auto pilot mode and leave. I tried someone's advice of using sports soft because it'll never ask you to pit, but in the end, I came 3rd iirc.

Any advice for the Circuit de la Sarthe?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm still a bit confused by some things. I'd been letting my B-Spec driver run the Supercar Festival repeatedly with the free Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth I got, and he was always able to pull ahead of every other car so that there was probably at least an 8 second lead on the second position. Do the competitor cars change under certain circumstances? Suddenly he can just barely bull off 2nd, and is always in a fight with the other three leading cars.

Syn23

As good as it is, you can't leave it on auto pilot mode and leave. I tried someone's advice of using sports soft because it'll never ask you to pit, but in the end, I came 3rd iirc.
I've won the race several times with the strategy posted by Dash, using an Arta NSX. Pace up two times and you are done.

Do the competitor cars change under certain circumstances?
Cars change randomly and are selected within a specific group. Usually this doesn't imply big performance differences between different cars selections though.

Dash Kappei

I swear to god that's what I'm doing, pace up 2x and I'm done.

Here's what I'm doing for la Sarthe: Chaparral 2J '70
Sports soft
370kmh
Stage 3 turbo
Pace up till you catch the shit pack (lap 2/beginning of 3)
Done, never pit.

Haven't try yet leaving it on autopilot from the start, so I dunno but I think it needs to be babysat a bit with pacing up on the first few laps.

Edit: it seems that this one doesn't *always* work, I noticed I just came in 3rd right now :p
Using the R8 might be more efficient after all

Dash Kappei

Btw, watching this B-Spec at La Sarthe gives me goosebumps.

Is there a similar A-Spec event I can't remember/I'm not aware of?
Afternoon>Evening>night>morning + weather

Dash Kappei

24 Hours of Le Mans in A/B-Spec ;)

:p

Racing alone 23h50m out of 24h isn't really my idea of a thrilling experience, what I need is something <20laps where day/night+weather=pitting stategy and razor racing really means something.

At this point I'm kinda angry that B-Spec seasonal isn't A-Spec as well, I could run that for a month with a different car every time and I'd be sooooo happy :'-)

Here's what I did:

Beat the Le Sarthe seasonal pretty easily with the R8 you can buy in the online dealership. I started with sport softs, by lap 3 I moved up to about 8th, then everyone pit and I took the lead, the next lap I pit and swapped to inters, when I came out of the pits I was back in 8th, then I just hung around in the middle of the lead pack, keeping my pace to around 60-75%, and most most importantly always cooling him down to under 50% for that hairpin right hander after the 3 straights. Don't do this and he's very likely to go into the sand, and then he'll take a nap for about 30 seconds (seriously). Well anyway I just hung around until they pit on the 9th lap and then took the lead again and it was just a matter of keeping pace at 50% and coasting home.

BTW, La Sarthe is not good for grinding. Gold it once for the level 23 ticket, then stick with Spa for the grinding.

amar212

Launching January 17th in the US.

2HxxQ.jpg

Damn, I really wish SCEE release this at some point, it is crazy they will release it in both Japan and US but not in the Eurolands.

Angst

Launching January 17th in the US.

2HxxQ.jpg

Damn, I really wish SCEE release this at some point, it is crazy they will release it in both Japan and US but not in the Eurolands.

Someone need to Photoshop more logos and quotes on the cover. Preferably quotes from the Vs thread... :p

Top Bottom