• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

jabuseika

Finally a Le Mans seasonal that I can use to test all of my Le Mans cars, and they make it B-Spec.

FML

On Spa I started my guy on Intermediate but later noticed that he tried to pit for Racing Hards at about lap 7 without me telling him to. The Intermediate really wear out that fast? or was that a glitch, and I think the CPU actually did change to Racing Hard after that pit because my guy just left them behind from then on.

Dibbz

GT5 is so beautiful

i4yhoYrzKChU9.gif

hirokazu

Is there still a backlog of people wanting the FT-86 Concept II? I got one thanks to 6for8 and I'd like to give back to GAF by helping out if needed.

I'm not on regularly though, so it's best I do 1 or 2 requests at a time; I don't want to disappoint people by making them wait too long.

baekshi

Banned
Is there still a backlog of people wanting the FT-86 Concept II? I got one thanks to 6for8 and I'd like to give back to GAF by helping out if needed.

I'm not on regularly though, so it's best I do 1 or 2 requests at a time; I don't want to disappoint people by making them wait too long.

Still need one.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can you gift a car if you've painted it with DLC chips?

Btw, we should've done a secret Santa GT car giveaway.
Everyone gifting a crazy/beautiful, favourite, quirky/awesome painted and tuned car to a fellow GT GAFfer.
We should do it for to celebrate the new year anyway... Bad idea?

Anyone who's on my friend list and still wants the 12 Concept just quote/PM me and I'll send it today.

baekshi

Banned

Everyone gifting a crazy/beautiful, favourite, quirky/awesome painted and tuned car to a fellow GT GAFfer.

Anyone who's on my friend list and still wants the 12 Concept just quote/PM me and I'll send it today.

wow, how is that a bad idea! we should have done that! how come no one came up with this last year :p I hope PD allows us to make secret gifts so we can open them at the right time, and have them send it before christmas.

it can work very well with gt5.

iamcenok

I wish I had the answer to this, but I also have a DLC question.

If I Back up my save file -- and use the DLC paints to see how they look -- they would still be available to me in my back up save, correct? They're not tied to online I hope.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
wow, how is that a bad idea! we should have done that! how come no one came up with this last year :p I hope PD allows us to make secret gifts so we can open them at the right time, and have them send it before christmas.

it can work very well with gt5.

Ahah, so you guys have done that last year I take it? I wasn't aware of that, well we should've repeated that this Christmas as well since I didn't get a chance to participate last time :p

Iamcenok:
Unless something has changed in this last update then yes, DLC paints will still be there once you load that backup save.

Mxrz

WTF is with my Bobs and fucking pitting on every lap. !&@%#$

I babysat my driver until he had a huge lead on Spa, then the asshole pits on lap 8. Annoying, but everyone else pits too. Ask for racing hards, but the track is still wet so I keep it on intermediate. Next f'ing lap he pits again and ask for goddamn intermediates blowing any chance he had of getting the lead back.

Then he pits again on lap 10 just as a general "fuck you." I guess. This is why I loathe b-spec. Same sort of dumb shit happen during the F1 series in A/b spec with the rain track. Guessing you need to just let the AI control tire selection altogether and pray it doesn't glitch out. Ah well.

Anger.

--Actually, I think it was all the other AI cars were pitting on every lap in the b-spec F1.

offshore

WTF is with my Bobs and fucking pitting on every lap. !&@%#$

I just came to post this very thing :lol

Did the Spa B-Spec last night, and twice in a row Bob comes into the pits for no good reason. I admit that I have hardly touched B-Spec at all, primarily because I think it's the most pointless feature GT has ever invented; but the lure of all those credits proved too much to resist. Is pitting of their own accord a common thing, because it's damn annoying! In the end, Bob came 10th. Useless.

wabo

Banned

Me too.

****_bt

SToRM

I would like to get the FT-86 Concept II.
My PSN ID is nl_storm.

Yes you can. I've been doing that every time I use one of the DLC chips so I don't lose it. Backup GT5 save onto another account, paint car, gift to "paint mule" account, restore backup save, gift car back to main account from mule. It's a lot of work but at leasat I'n not losing any cool paint chips.

Solal

I haven't recieved the car yet...so if anyone wanted to do a good deed...
My psn : cassius_clay

Btw, I am getting fucking annoyed by the Sarthe B-spec event... tried it at least 10 times with my 36 and 35 level drivers... and my best result is 6th.

Last time I tried, I was first at the beginning of the last lap: I had enough marging to afford 1 mistake (I mean: my bob could go out of the track once and I would still win I presume)... but this little dickhead spinned to the grass...and then spinned again 3 fucking times just to get out of the fucking grass!!! Level 36 my ass! He was not even exhausted...this little bastard was probably bribed or something... I swear I was this close to throw my controller against the wall!

JardeL

I bought DLCs from US PS Store but I can't find Family Upgrade there and Store doesnt allow me to download it if I search & try to download. :/ Is it ok to download EU Store Family Upgrade for US DLCs?

Toxa

Btw, I am getting fucking annoyed by the Sarthe B-spec event... tried it at least 10 times with my 36 and 35 level drivers... and my best result is 6th.

Last time I tried, I was first at the beginning of the last lap: I had enough marging to afford 1 mistake (I mean: my bob could go out of the track once and I would still win I presume)... but this little dickhead spinned to the grass...and then spinned again 3 fucking times just to get out of the fucking grass!!! Level 36 my ass! He was not even exhausted...this little bastard was probably bribed or something... I swear I was this close to throw my controller against the wall!

still want an R8 ?

Can you run the LaSarthe seasonal as much as you want? I was pretty stoked to see 3,000,000 credits for 1st place, would like to grind it as much as possible before it expires.

chifanpoe

I had the same thing happen to my lvl 35 bob. Was in first place from lap 8-10, then he lost it with 3 corners left dropped to 3rd...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
You guys can do Secret Santa for Orthrodox Christmas! It's on January 7th. :p

The guys at GTplanet found an easy way to win the B-Spec seasonals, the key is to use sport soft tires so you won't need to pit and it won't auto pit for you either. It works well enough for Spa, requiring a little less input then using inters and a no-pit or early pit strategy. But I still haven't gotten it to work in a set-it-and-forget-it way. My idiot Bob either spins too much with high pace or turtles with low pace, so a bit of micro management is needed. Haven't tried with Le Sarthe, they recommend using a 2J and I don't have one, I tried with a Toyota 7 and couldn't come close.

Mxrz

The guys at GTplanet found an easy way to win the B-Spec seasonals, the key is to use sport soft tires so you won't need to pit and it won't auto pit for you either. It works well enough for Spa, requiring a little less input then using inters and a no-pit or early pit strategy. But I still haven't gotten it to work in a set-it-and-forget-it way. My idiot Bob either spins too much with high pace or turtles with low pace, so a bit of micro management is needed. Haven't tried with Le Sarthe, they recommend using a 2J and I don't have one, I tried with a Toyota 7 and couldn't come close.

I'll try this. But right now all my drivers have the little down-arrow that I'm trying to get rid of. Sometimes I think B-spec was designed to upset me. But I want that 10mil credits and level 23 ticket!

The AI doesn't freak out having Sport softs in the rain? Hrm. I have a 2J, but I'd think it would be blown off by the higher hp cars on a track like Sarthe. I'll give it ago.

- 2J on Sarthe with SS, wasn't looking so good but took 1st on the 4th lap with them pitting. Now to hold it for another 6 laps.

2J has no headlights. Can't see the road much at all, and I'm telling Bob to speed up even with 54% water/rain. No wonder my drivers hate me.

- Looked away for a moment, and Bob went completely cold. Pack passed him on lap 7. Stayed in 3rd up until they pitted at the end of the 9th. Won with +16. Betting you can't afk grind it.

An A-spec version of this would be mighty nice, PD.

I'll try this. But right now all my drivers have the little down-arrow that I'm trying to get rid of. Sometimes I think B-spec was designed to upset me. But I want that 10mil credits and level 23 ticket!
How do you get rid of the down arrow to get it back neutral ( green )

Why does it go down anyway ?( because i issue too much commands during a race ? )

- Looked away for a moment, and Bob went completely cold. Pack passed him on lap 7. Stayed in 3rd up until they pitted at the end of the 9th. Won with +16. Betting you can't afk grind it.

Spa is the better one to grind. 4 mil in 27 minutes versus 6 mil in 40 minutes.

Fuck Spa seasonal.
Fuck rubberbanding.

I was just 0.1 sec behind the leader on the 8th lap, and somehow from nowhere, one car crashes me and another one passes me at the same time like it was using turbo or something. That was worse than MK64 in terms of rubberbanding.

17 minutes to the trash.

Beat the Le Sarthe seasonal pretty easily with the R8 you can buy in the online dealership. I started with sport softs, by lap 3 I moved up to about 8th, then everyone pit and I took the lead, the next lap I pit and swapped to inters, when I came out of the pits I was back in 8th, then I just hung around in the middle of the lead pack, keeping my pace to around 60-75%, and most most importantly always cooling him down to under 50% for that hairpin right hander after the 3 straights. Don't do this and he's very likely to go into the sand, and then he'll take a nap for about 30 seconds (seriously). Well anyway I just hung around until they pit on the 9th lap and then took the lead again and it was just a matter of keeping pace at 50% and coasting home.

Polyphony

Fuck Spa seasonal.
Fuck rubberbanding.

I was just 0.1 sec behind the leader on the 8th lap, and somehow from nowhere, one car crashes me and another one passes me at the same time like it was using turbo or something. That was worse than MK64 in terms of rubberbanding.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about drafting (slipstream), GT5 has no rubberbanding.

To win this race, set intermediate tires, and keep pushing, telling to overtake, it should be an easy race. When the AI asks to pit for Racing Hards, just do it, everybody else will pit as well.

An even easier way to win, that is almost cheating, use Sports Softs tires, and you'll never need to pit. You don't even have to give orders or touch the controller.

Top Bottom