• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Angst

Nordschleife Impreza vs Lancer Endurance Trophy

Race starts in:
t1310241600z0.png

Allowed car:
BHP / Weight
384 BHP, 1080 kg
Tuning allowed:
All non-PP affecting upgrades
PP affecting upgrades allowed:
  • Sports ECU
  • Sports Intake Manifold
  • Sports Air filter
  • Sports Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Titanium Racing Exhaust (comes with RM, needs to be equipped)
AYC Controller for the Lancer Evo is allowed
Tuning guide:
For those not aware of this excellent site, check out GT5-tuning.com
Lancer Evo tunes
Impreza tunes
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Nürburgring Nordschleife / Change Time
Track Guide
Map with section names
Time of Day:
When Lounge resets time will be set to 17.30 with a x2 acceleration. Race start will be at ~19.00 IGT (In Game Time). Race finish will be at ~21.00 IGT.
Laps:
9 (65 minutes)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS, Manual or Automatic Gearbox​

Players Participating (16/16):
  • 01 - G Rom
  • 02 - Gynoug79
  • 03 - Angst
  • 04 - basstosse
  • 05 - f0rk
  • 06 - Niks
  • 07 - [In//Effect-Mode]
  • 08 - MikeDub
  • 09 - ashk
  • 10 - Chimilosky
  • 11 - seattle6418
  • 12 - l2ound
  • 13 - Dibbz
  • 14 - Ardenyal
  • 15 - Mush tentative
  • 16 - SunhiLegend
  • R1 - gutterboy44
  • R2 - Dead Man
  • R3 - Brentech
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car! (Niks, you too)

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 19.00 CET
Lounge reset - 21.45 CET
Qualifications start - 21.45 CET
Race start 22.30 CET

Please note the earlier qualification start time.

Due to the long track we will start qualifications at 21.45 CET. You don't have to do laps for 45 minutes and you don't have to show up until race start, but this longer qualification period gives people a chance to set a time they are happy with. For the same reason we won't do any scheduled practice races.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Nordschleife is a narrow and difficult track, so be extra careful when overtaking / getting overtaken. If you miss a brake point with a car behind you he will try to overtake you. Do not try to block as that will most certainly lead to a long and slow trek to the pits.

If you want to overtake you have to wait for a good and safe opportunity!

"PARADE LAP"

We will do a parade at 60 mph / 90 kmh. Race starts at the beep of the first intermediate time. This is at Quiddelbacher (see map), on the straight after the S-curves in the beginning. Start accelerating when you hear the beep.

Credit and thanks to Metalmurphy for nice formatting

Angst

seattle6418 said:
Are we already revealing cars? Or is it still a secret?

I've been thinking of how we should do this. If you, ashk and say gutterboy all pick the same car I'm afraid everyone will pick the same car...

I think we do it like this - if you want to, post your car here like l2ound did, but if you want to keep it a secret or haven't decided yet you just show up at race day in the car of your choice.

@l2ound nice pics! How did you get that inside the car pic? Screengrab?

*EDIT* I've tweaked the IGT start time a bit. If I've calculated it correctly we will do the final lap in full darkness. I think it's important that we do the start and first lap on a well-lit track. It will then get gradually darker and full dark at the start of the last lap. Lots of unknowns though...

Angst

Juicy Bob said:
Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht
Nice thread title change! :D

Didn't realize the mods actually browsed through the community niche threads. Maybe Juicy Bob is a stealth mod? :p

Angst

Nice vid dibbz. What lap times are you doing?

SunhiLegend said:
Put me down as a reserve. Although I'm still undecided as to what car I'm going to choose.

5906142462_64a3d93aa7_z_d.jpg

5905579395_4f5ed9d749_z_d.jpg
I love the blue colour on the Lancer Evo, looks really nice. You are now car #16 on the grid.

brentech

Fuck. I've missed too many fun, full races. Who knew we'd get so many full grids in the summer....if I happen to be available I'll show up and see if anyone missed to fill a slot. Saturdays have been full of misses as of late for me.

Angst

Brentech, I'm putting you on the reserve list :) If you can make it, just join us and hopefully (for you) someone else can't make it.
Dibbz said:
I have no idea. I was driving without any HUD so... It felt like I was going fast though lol.
You should join us for practice tonight, I'll be in the lounge around 20.00 CET. I'm doing 7:15 laps which feels fast as hell to me, but ashk did a 7:03 lap yesterday...

Dibbz

Angst said:
You should join us for practice tonight, I'll be in the lounge around 20.00 CET. I'm doing 7:15 laps which feels fast as hell to me, but ashk did a 7:03 lap yesterday...
Yeah I'll try and join you guys tonight. I'm honestly not surprised Nab is doing like 10 seconds a lap quicker. I think I'm immune to his immense pace now :(

Mit_Lanc_Ring2.jpg

How did you manage this shot?

l2ounD

replay view through capturecard; I have my ps3 next to my pc so I was playing with a controller and getting in the 20s-30s with a few mistakes and 1 or 2 offs. Hopefully when I move it back to my tv and wheel setup I can get more consistent and into the 10s or better.

Ardenyal

Did a few laps and managed times of 7:08 - 7:06. Still need to figure out a solution for the front tires getting eaten up (in the evo).

Dibbz

basstosse said:
Ok, I'm Ready
Just a heads up that the track is not the 24 hour version, it's the normal Nord just with time change.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight guys. Any improvements on lap times? Just so I know what to aim for.

I will try to get on in 2.5 hours and attempt to practice. Once again whoever is able to add me please add my friends psn id: muffinman5323 as my ps3 is still in NY for the moment. I will have to use the temporarily as InEffectMode cant be used without starting a new save file on here.

Angst

Dibbz said:
Just a heads up that the track is not the 24 hour version, it's the normal Nord just with time change.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight guys. Any improvements on lap times? Just so I know what to aim for.
Best I could do is 7:12. Don't think I'll be able to go much below that.

Niks

I will be using the subaru.
will not be able to put in serious practice so the subbie seems like a safer bet.

G Rom

Well, looks like I won't be there for the last race of the season. I guess I'll make someone happy by freeing a slot ! :p

Dibbz

wow that picture is amazing sun, good job on that.

I don't think I will be able to make it tomorrow. It will probably be really tight for me to get back home and on in time so it'll be better off if I just pull out. Sorry for this.

Angst

Ok, we won't have a full grid today after all, but it will be a good race nevertheless. :)

@in-effect: I didn't realize you had sent a FR to the SuperGT account, I've added you now.

If any of you guys manage to make it after all, just join the lounge.

Wait, i bought a second Impreza to recheck things and i only got 348hp.

I was running on a model i had, with power limited to 384.

So, is the subaru supposed to have 348? I thought both cars needed to be 384hp and 1080kg.

If that´s the case and the Impreza is weaker, how do we assure that everyone is running the right specs?

I need to know this before deciding which one i´m using it.

Angst

You probably forgot to equip the racing exhaust. With it you get 383, so one race lap is needed for engine break in.

Edit, that is for the lancer. Subbie has 386 with racing exhaust equipped.

Cool, i´ll check that.

Thanks.

Tonight is gonna be a busy schedule. I´ll watch the first half of the Brazil x Paraguay match, then i´ll race, and as soon as i finish there´s the nascar race starting at 19:30 EST that i have to enter a few minutes before otherwise the streaming limit cuts me.

Busy day, i probably won´t even chat on lobby, will post thoughts later on here on this page.

Angst

Seeing the qualifications on Silverstone impressed me, so I'm changing the damage for the event to light, effective immediately.

The long drive to the pits changed my mind, so we'll try to keep this event as frustration free as possible.

That also means: no "parade lap", we do a standing start.

Remember: qualifications starts in 2 minutes, you can join anytime you want in the next 45 minutes.

Ardenyal

Well.. at least the qualification was fun :D In race i got taken out on first lap by a tap from behind... Sorry for leaving mid-race.

f0rk

I messed up on the first lap as usual so never got to see much of the leaders. At the back we seemed to trade places with mistakes, especially me and Ardenyal from in lap 2 and 3. The end straight showed DRS to be kinda ridiculous, we traded places 3 times! The FIA should really look into it for next season I think. I got a decent lead off a mistake then pitted at the end of the 3rd lap, Ardenyal didn't and you could tell the difference in tyres I think so I got well ahead before he left.
Then I was very lonely for a few laps until towards the end of the 5th where I met my old friend Gynoug from Autumn Ring last week. He was clearly struggling having not pitted yet and let me pass. I guess he pitted then, and I pitted at the end of the 6th. He didn't catch me until I span at the slow left right (I think it's called Metzgesfeld), then he appeared in my wing mirrors. Tight battle for the next two laps similar to before, with a slightly bigger gap (nature of the track I think). Gynoug got ahead for the last lap (I think?) but my tyres were fresher so I took him on a corner pretty easily. By then it was pitch black and very scary guessing the braking points, or even remembering what corner was next (for me at least). Gynoug went into Bergwerk too fast and hit the barrier but I had slowed down too much so didn't gain that much time. I was too cautious through the following fast bends and we were tight again. The final moment came just before Schwalbenschwanz where we both went in too quick and pretty much had the same crash, but I recovered a bit better before the gravel and got away enough to stay in front. Ran out of time to cross the line though.

That's two races in a row Gynoug has made for me, so a big thank you to him.
Also great job as usual to Angst, especially with working out the time lapse, it turned out perfect.

edit: also the game does seem to remember your quali time if you quit to pit, just doesn't put it on the leaderboard.

I guess the race went better than Brazil x Paraguay, you hear that Chimilosky?

Took me some time to complete a clean lap in qualify, but it was a good one.

I don´t know how many people chose the Evo. I love Lancers in real life but that car was an understeery bitch that behaved just like the Integra.

The Impreza was much more stable, and because it turned a bit better, was better on tires. It was slower on straights, but so what.

Race went well, got a nice lead on lap one and then i tried to save some tires to do a one stopper but i don´t think that went well.

Had some spins (i can´t get by the Karrussel on the low line, i always end up spinning or doing some weird shit), but the only dangerous moment was after pits, when Nabs was in front of me.

At first i thought he was going all the way, but i saw that he was clearly slower and heading to the pits, so it was safe from there.

Got really dark, didn´t knew that was going to happen.

Overall, great races, finally took the monkey of my back, and now i´m also on a two week break but lookinf foward to the S2 of SuperGT in august or mid july.

;) to the mods

Season 2, remember folks.

ashk

Pretty boring race compared to the previous ones, the only highlights were the short battles with Round and Seattle. Seattle was in good form today, so I'll be glad with second place :)

f0rk said:
The end straight showed DRS to be kinda ridiculous, we traded places 3 times! The FIA should really look into it for next season I think.

This.

Leaderboads are the only thing higher on my wishlist for a patch.

They need to give us an option to choose real draft and cartoony artificial draft.

It´s ridiculous. It causes crashes, and it messes up races on circuits wiht huge straights and equally matched drivers.

You need to be 1,5 second faster than the car behind before the starightaway on places like Fuji, Indy or Daytona Road otherwise the draft will bunch things up.

It´s not rockted science, we just need a slider to choose how much of an effect we want.

Angst

Official results:
  • 1. Seattle6418 - Subaru
  • 2. Ashk - Mitsubishi +40.017
  • 3. RounD - Mitsubishi +1:03.571
  • 4. Niks - Subaru +1:43.548
  • 5. Angst - Mitsubishi +1:56.424
  • 6. f0rk - Mitsubishi
  • 7. Gynoug79 - Mitsubishi
  • 8. basstosse - Subaru
  • SunhiLegend - DNF
  • Ardenyal - DNF
  • MikeDub - YLOD

I had a good race with a very close battle with Gynoug for more than a lap, after he spun out in the Karousell I was pretty much alone. Niks outsmarted me with a better tyre saving and pit stop strategy yet again.

I'm disappointed that only 10 drivers showed up when we had 16 drivers and 3 reserves. :/

Now it's vacation time for me. :D
koh-samui.jpg

As for starting things up again I have to coordinate things with mush. We might be doing a collaborate Super GT race with some of our friends over at GT Planet prior to starting season 2 sometime in late August.

Thanks everyone for participating and contributing to fun races!

Dibbz

It's a shame you guys didn't have a full grid ( I know I contributed towards that so sorry again).

I really do like these special events though. They remind me of A Spec races but with online players instead of AI which is a nice thing. Super GT races are fun but tbh I'm sick of looking at them now. I couldn't even force myself to get through a race of the Super GT seasonals PD put up the other week.

Anyways a collaboration with GTP guys sounds like it could be fun.

f0rk

Aren't the GTP guys really good? It's kind of a selfish thing but I've been enjoying the racing I've had and I'm worried I'll be lagging behind and not seeing anybody. A lot of the people I overtake seem to leave as well.

Angst

I'd say they are about the same as us. And if it comes to fruition it's only a one-off race. If interest is really good we might even do two simultaneous races split into skill level somehow. We'll see what happens.

Gynoug79

As already reported i had some great racing with Angst and F0rk. Especially F0rk and I seem to have a very very similar pace so that we find us on the track after 7 laps around the Nordschleife with diffrent pitstop strategies.

What was up with the grid positions ? I lost the overview a bit.... at the time i quit to the pit i was P4...as i returned to track it showed p10. I think f0rk had the same problem, wanted to reply to him but accidently quit to lounge. Expecting to start from the last place i was suprised to find myself on p6 as the race started. So was that my correct position although i quit to lounge or was it random ?

Ark

f0rk said:
Aren't the GTP guys really good? It's kind of a selfish thing but I've been enjoying the racing I've had and I'm worried I'll be lagging behind and not seeing anybody. A lot of the people I overtake seem to leave as well.

We have quite a mixed skill level. Almost every race is interesting is one way or another for us guys.

This is the race video from our race yesterday at Fuji, round 9 of 11. Things did get a bit messy here and there, at 13 minutes in you'll see me in the wall. My TV decided to turn off right then.

And if you're really interested, this is our league table at the moment.

Angst said:
I'd say they are about the same as us. And if it comes to fruition it's only a one-off race. If interest is really good we might even do two simultaneous races split into skill level somehow. We'll see what happens.

We have at least 9-10 people that are fully committed and turn up every week they possibly can, so it's a good start ;)

Dibbz said:
Super GT races are fun but tbh I'm sick of looking at them now. I couldn't even force myself to get through a race of the Super GT seasonals PD put up the other week.

Anyways a collaboration with GTP guys sounds like it could be fun.

I've been racing the Super GT cars since March now, they can get a little boring, but you can make them more interesting by changing up the track calendar somewhat. Most of us that are in our current league have been racing together since as far back as September last year, so we all have a laugh and know each other each weekend.

Angst

The grid positions are pretty odd. Sometimes they work, even when quitting to lounge, sometimes they won't work even when staying on the track. :/

Ark

Angst said:
The grid positions are pretty odd. Sometimes they work, even when quitting to lounge, sometimes they won't work even when staying on the track. :/

I think it depends on the host.

In one of my older championships, whenever this one guy would host, the grid & qualy positions would be all messed up. But whenever anyone else was hosting, they would be fine.

Ark said:
We have quite a mixed skill level. Almost every race is interesting is one way or another for us guys.

This is the race video from our race yesterday at Fuji, round 9 of 11. Things did get a bit messy here and there, at 13 minutes in you'll see me in the wall. My TV decided to turn off right then.

And if you're really interested, this is our league table at the moment.

We have at least 9-10 people that are fully committed and turn up every week they possibly can, so it's a good start ;)

I've been racing the Super GT cars since March now, they can get a little boring, but you can make them more interesting by changing up the track calendar somewhat. Most of us that are in our current league have been racing together since as far back as September last year, so we all have a laugh and know each other each weekend.

So that´s your league. GTP has a bunch of series going at the same time, with 6-8 people on it.

This appears to be one of the strongest. I´ll try to stop by, i miss the old GTP JGTC leagues. Were you in on one of those by any chance? (eatsviper4lunch´s leagues).

And no, i never get tired of racing those cars. I love them. New tracks, a bit more power and using JGTC models will help spice things up a bit.

In a few months we will be lucky to find 16 people on Gaf and GTP combined. Interest for the game seems to be fading, as nothing new is given to the players by PD.

gate777

I've been wanting to join this racing league for a while now but my account got approved only last month. I'm definitely in for season 3 in late August, assuming there's ample space.

I've been playing GT since GT1; awesome with a pad; just getting to know a DFP. I had it for a while, never bothered to use it.

Looking forward to it gents!

f0rk

I'll definitely be interested in any kind of races or league, I just hope there are some people around my pace so I am actually racing and not just doing laps.

Ark

seattle6418 said:
So that´s your league. GTP has a bunch of series going at the same time, with 6-8 people on it.

This appears to be one of the strongest. I´ll try to stop by, i miss the old GTP JGTC leagues. Were you in on one of those by any chance? (eatsviper4lunch´s leagues).

And no, i never get tired of racing those cars. I love them. New tracks, a bit more power and using JGTC models will help spice things up a bit.

In a few months we will be lucky to find 16 people on Gaf and GTP combined. Interest for the game seems to be fading, as nothing new is given to the players by PD.

The ICGTC (my current championship) is actually the first one I've put up on GTP. Before that I was in two GT5 championships and an F1 2010 championship on a PlayStation fan forum.

Like you say though, a lot of people seem to be leaving the game. Sure part of it comes down to PD not implementing anything half-decent (where's my replay rewind?!) but when I look at other championships on GTP, most of them are literally just races between racers.

So many people seem to lack the ability to drive cleanly around other people. For me, the most important part to any championship is a friendly atmosphere, then it becomes races with friends, not random people you see once every seven days.

When I put up the championship on GTP we had a grid of 16 players in no-time. Lo and behold when the season finally came to start most people had either dropped out or just disappeared, so we've now ended up averaging around 9-10 people per race. I sent Angst a PM about two weeks ago regarding a collaboration between us because I want nothing more than a full grid of 16-players who can race cleanly.

f0rk said:
I'll definitely be interested in any kind of races or league, I just hope there are some people around my pace so I am actually racing and not just doing laps.

If there aren't any people around you, then it's time to practice and improve! Our two original 'backmarkers' at the start of the season are now solid midfielders, I'm amazed at how far they've come.

Top Bottom