• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Angst

MikeDub said:
You think people will still be around in the Fall? Personally I will probably toss GT5 to the side once Forza 4 rolls up.
I don't know. I know I will be around :p

I think it depends on if we get new content or not. We should be able to have 16 one-man teams at least i guess.

Edit - for new page:
Angst said:
:'(

As we have no idea when PSN comes back combined with the fact that attendance will be a problem during the summer, I'm thinking we might have to postpone season 2 until the fall. I haven't discussed this with mush + UFRA yet, so we will return with more info once we have talked it over.

My idea for a short "silly" season before the summer break:

4 races in June (PSN should be fully back by then)
No teams, everybody in the league that wants to race is welcome.
Endurance races only (1.5 hours)

I'm thinking Sarthe, Suzuka, Monza and the Ring.

How does this sound people?

brentech

Meh, unless Microsoft completely changes their wheel support or speaks of a new relevent wheel, Forza will never contain my interest as a sim.
I expect to still be playing GT5 then. Only change will be that by fall there should be some new good games that will get more time for the first time since GT5 release.

ashk

I expect to be around this fall if only to take part in the league(s). Racing/practicing for the NRL was about the only thing I've been doing in GT5 for a while now.

Dibbz

Angst sounds good to me. I just want to get racing again and it'll be a good way to bring people back to the league with no teams and just people filling the grid up.

UFRA

There's no question as far as whether I'll be around or not - just whether my schedule will cooperate. lol

I won't be going anywhere else, GT5 is my destination for racing. :)

Angst

Good, I guess that's settled then. :)

We'll see when PSN goes back up and come back with solid dates at that time. Hopefully we can start late May instead, but who knows?

ashk said:
I expect to be around this fall if only to take part in the league(s). Racing/practicing for the NRL was about the only thing I've been doing in GT5 for a while now.

Same here. You can count on me, GT500, GT300 or whatever it is :p Only requirement is that the race starts as late as 22.00GMT and I'm there. Of course I'm up for a minicup whenever PSN is up, too.

Hopefully we´ll be able to run a reasonable schedule. I still think we can do the whole season, since we have co-drivers and stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Man, you'll have to find another person. My PS3 just killed itself and I have no idea if I'll be able to get it fixed in time. That and I'm pissed enough to swear off consoles forever at this point.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
Dead Man, you'll have to find another person. My PS3 just killed itself and I have no idea if I'll be able to get it fixed in time. That and I'm pissed enough to swear off consoles forever at this point.
That sucks. I'll shop around, but no one will be able to replace you, Seks.

TheSeks said:

That truly sucks :( The day one of my consoles die on me, I'll be a sad and angry man :( Hope you come back when you get it fixed!

I know how you feel. My ps3 bust about 4 weeks ago and it was only a few days ago when I got a new replacement. However all my saves were lost including my GT5 save.

Dead Man

So... does anyone want to join a team that has a slow and unreliable driver who lives in an awkward timezone for practises and races? After I sell it like that, how can you say no?

Angst

Dead Man said:
So... does anyone want to join a team that has a slow and unreliable driver who lives in an awkward timezone for practises and races? After I sell it like that, how can you say no?
You guys know that due to the upcoming summer holidays we've postponed the start of season 2 until the fall?

In the meantime we will do a 4 event endurance series. This truncated series will be individual so you won't have to worry about finding a team mate now.

Guys, should we celebrate the return of PSN by having the first event this weekend?

ashk

I don't mind starting this weekend if it doesn't clash with NRL and isn't too late. If there's a clash I'll be doing NRL since it's the last event plus it's the Nurburgring!

Angst

ashk said:
I don't mind starting this weekend if it doesn't clash with NRL and isn't too late. If there's a clash I'll be doing NRL since it's the last event plus it's the Nurburgring!
True, if MM plans to do the NRL event we'll prioritize that! :) I'll check with him.

Regardless of the other league can we just set a weekly time where people know others will be on. I love the racing in GT5 and just want to make the most of that online with people who are not complete morons. It will suck big time if we only get round to season 2 nearly a whole year after release.

Dibbz

MikeDub said:
Regardless of the other league can we just set a weekly time where people know others will be on. I love the racing in GT5 and just want to make the most of that online with people who are not complete morons. It will suck big time if we only get round to season 2 nearly a whole year after release.
I'm usually free tuesday nights, so if you want to do a weekly get together then I can make that.

Plus tomorrow is Tuesday :p

Dead Man

Angst said:
You guys know that due to the upcoming summer holidays we've postponed the start of season 2 until the fall?

In the meantime we will do a 4 event endurance series. This truncated series will be individual so you won't have to worry about finding a team mate now.

Guys, should we celebrate the return of PSN by having the first event this weekend?
Yeah, but I figure it can't hurt to get a teammate as soon as possible.

Polyphony

I was about to post that I won't be available to race much on the weekends this summer, but if the series is postponed to fall, then that works for me.

Tuesday nights (GMT?) sound good to me as well.

Dibbz

So what time you guys want to meet up tonight?

About 8pm BST (GMT+1) would be good for me.

EDIT:- Scratch that won't be able to make it till 10pm :|

Angst

I'll be in the SuperGT Lounge at ~21.00 CET / 19.00 UCT / 20.00 GMT

If anybody new is interested in joining, please add GAFsuperGT to your FL and then go to the lounge. Please post here that you've sent a friend request and I'll add you.

brentech

Believe that's 5pm here, will look and see who's on around then. Just depends on how caught up I get in LA Noire, though maybe UPS wont show up till then anyways.

Regardless, not able to always drive with others, so will get on GT if we have a few people to make it fun.

Angst

I'm on now.

I've been longing to use my Ford GT for something - you people ok with Ford GT vs Corvette ZR1 on the Ring tonight? :)

Toxa

some pics

167695AutumnRingMini6.jpg

756405AutumnRingMini7.jpg

601896AutumnRingMini8.jpg

863540AutumnRingMini9.jpg

556692AutumnRingMini10.jpg

286708AutumnRingMini11.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Awwww... I wish there was a karting league. It's probably the most fun you can do with the controller in GT5.

I´ll be away for a week (again), but i´m checking this thread to see what do you guys decide.

In the end, after a while i think we will gather our group of 20 or so players for regular GT5 online races/lobby days, once leagues and seasons are hard to complete.

Ark

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you are interested, but this seemed an appropriate place to post this since it's a SuperGT GT5 thread, but here is a video of a SuperGT Championship race I took part in a week before PSN went down.

Figured it was worth a post since there's some good racing & interesting tyre strategies.

Ark said:
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you are interested, but this seemed an appropriate place to post this since it's a SuperGT GT5 thread, but here is a video of a SuperGT Championship race I took part in a week before PSN went down.

Figured it was worth a post since there's some good racing & interesting tyre strategies.

What capture card did you use?

Ark

Metalmurphy said:
What capture card did you use?

It's not my video, but Joey (the guy that recorded it) uses a HD-PVR. He plans to do the same thing for the next 9 races on our calendar.

EDIT: Annoyingly, we should be almost half way through our championship, but alas.

Dibbz

I thought we were going to do some sort of mini league with no teams? All I know is the NRL was last week and this was put back because of that.

Dibbz

That's true Mush as been AWOL for a long time. He's been on PSN in the last 12 hours though. I just shot him a message on PSN so we will see what he's says when he gets on.

Dibbz

Mush ain't got back to me so no idea what's up with him.

Angst mention in the GT5 thread about having a race this Saturday, he hasn't posted in here yet so I though I'd take over.

Super GT Saturday 4th June

Track: Monza - Weather - Chicane ver
Cars: Super GT cars that have been approved for Season 2 so that includes standards

Teams: There are no teams, everyone for themselves.

Start times is normal time:

21:00 BST
22:00 Europe

If someone can link me to that countdown clock I'll put that up here.

I'll update the grid listing here if you want to join.

Grid:
Dibbz - Arta NSX

Top Bottom