• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Dibbz

Angst proposed 90 minutes. I'll work out the laps in a bit.

Super GT Saturday 4th June

Track: Monza - Weather - Chicane ver
Cars: Super GT cars that have been approved for Season 2 so that includes standards
Laps: 90 Minutes (laps need to be worked out)

Teams: There are no teams, everyone for themselves.

Start times is normal time:

t1307217600z0.png

21:00 BST
22:00 CEST

If someone can link me to that countdown clock I'll put that up here.

I'll update the grid listing here if you want to join.

Code:
Grid: 
Dibbz - Arta NSX
Toxa  - Supra '97
Niks  - Woodone Supra

Angst

I'm definitely in, was going to post about it here yesterday but forgot about it. Thanks for helping out Dibbz :)

I'll PM the guys in the league later today as they may not check the thread.

Xanavi Fairlady

Let's see if we can do a repeat of last Monza race, eh mush? ;)

EDIT - some pics from our last race at Monza:

Bugger :(

After all the PSN outages I'm dying to race with you guys, but sadly I'm not home this weekend nor the next one, helping my gf out with some university stuff.

But, I'll be back :p

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
Bugger :(

After all the PSN outages I'm dying to race with you guys, but sadly I'm not home this weekend nor the next one, helping my gf out with some university stuff.

But, I'll be back :p
GF vs Super GT? Tell her you're feeling a bit under the weather? ;)

J/K, but please join us in practice instead?

Practice session tonight starting at 21.00 CET until 23.30 CET

Edit - regarding # of laps: last race was 18 laps, total race time was 35 minutes for the winner. I did 18 laps without a pit stop, so that is equivalent of an average lap time of just below 2 minutes. Going with a 90 minute race, that gives us 45 laps. For 45 laps we will have to do at least 2 pit stops, so the total race time will be slightly above 90 minutes.

This sounds good to everyone?

I can finally get back to playing GT5 regularly again. Will be there for practice sessions and the race.

SunhiLegend - Raybrig NSX '06

5599950127_404f86b5b4_z_d.jpg

Also 2 pit stops sounds like a great idea. Hopefully we can have people undercutting to gain positions. Thats if there are enough people in the race.

Angst

Dibbz, I'm stealing your post :p

Super GT Saturday 4th June
iUbs7.jpg

Track: Monza - Weather - Chicane ver
Cars: Super GT cars that have been approved for Season 2 so that includes standards, for the full list, see OP
Laps: 45 (tentative, TBC)

Teams: There are no teams, everyone for themselves.

Start times is normal time:

21:00 BST
22:00 Europe

t1307217600z0.png

Grid:
Dibbz - Arta NSX
Toxa - Supra '97
Niks - Woodone Supra
Angst - Xanavi Fairlady '05
Salacious Crumb - Woodone GT-R '06
SunhiLegend - Raybrig NSX '06
Ashk - Xanavi NISMO GT-R '08
NEOPARADIGM
Gutterboy44 - NSX Takata

Tentative:
Metalmurphy
brentech

Currently 9 / 16 drivers

Angst

Toxa said:
90 min is too long
You can't handle it? :D Your answer usually is: "rain, sun? I don't care, the longer the race the better :p"

;)

Edit - if more people think it's too long we can cut it to 40 laps. I'd prefer to have people do more than one pit stop if possible.

Toxa

Angst said:
You can't handle it? :D Your answer usually is: "rain, sun? I don't care, the longer the race the better :p"

;)

Edit - if more people think it's too long we can cut it to 40 laps. I'd prefer to have people do more than one pit stop if possible.

1hour is ok but 90 min ... I can handle it the afternoon but in the evening ... if the race start at 8:30 GMT or later the race will end at midnight for me :( I need rest, and it will ruin my evening :D

ashk

I was thinking about missing this one out because I've got a lot of work to do this week, but I guess if I sleep a few hours less I'll be OK :p

So sign me up, I think I'll be driving the '08 XANAVI NISMO GT-R.

Mush

I'm more than happy (in fact, quite chuffed) that Dibbz & Angst have gone ahead and organised something for this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. :(

All I can say is, PLEASEKAZDOSOMETHING@E3THANKS.

Angst

SunhiLegend said:
Can't we have a 1 hour race and have 2 mandatory pit stops?
Hmmmm, maybe. We'll see how people respond and confirm # of laps as the race draws closer.

So far, only Toxa has said that it's too long.

Ark

Are you guys going to be doing every race on a Saturday? It's at the same time as my other championship and I'd love to take part, but yeah..

Toxa said:
90 min is too long

90 minutes is fine, our races are all 1 hour long with the exception of Le Sarthe and Nurb' 24hrs which are 90 minutes long. The longer races are more far more fun, and they separate the men from the boys ;)

Just some advice on 2 mandatory pitstops, with the SuperGT cars in a 1 hour long race, you'll have to pit twice anyway. Very rarely can you pull out a 1-stop without losing too much time.

Angst

Ark said:
Are you guys going to be doing every race on a Saturday? It's at the same time as my other championship and I'd love to take part, but yeah..

90 minutes is fine, our races are all 1 hour long with the exception of Le Sarthe and Nurb' 24hrs which are 90 minutes long. The longer races are more far more fun, and they separate the men from the boys ;)

Just some advice on 2 mandatory pitstops, with the SuperGT cars in a 1 hour long race, you'll have to pit twice anyway. Very rarely can you pull out a 1-stop without losing too much time.
1. Yep, time zones make any other time impossible unfortunately. You could join our practice sessions though?
2. I agree, longer races are more fun - at the same time I understand people needing their sleep. lol
3. Monza is a bit different than the other tracks - long straights and few corners. So it's very much possible to go 40 minutes on one set of tyres. If we do a 60 minutes race I will definitely go for one stop.

If we do 60 minutes instead, there will be no mandatory pit stops. Everybody has to decide their own strategy.

I feel like races were too short last season to have a mandatory pit stop. It completely negated my ability to manage my tires on my NSX. There were definitely races I could have done a no stopper.

I really wish the tire wear model in GT5 wasn't complete shit. Having seen how exciting the current F1 season has been because of the new tires, I would love to have some race strategy play in to our leagues.

I am not sure what my plans are for this Saturday but I might be able to swing the race. Will have to see.

Ark

Angst said:
1. Yep, time zones make any other time impossible unfortunately. You could join our practice sessions though?
2. I agree, longer races are more fun - at the same time I understand people needing their sleep. lol
3. Monza is a bit different than the other tracks - long straights and few corners. So it's very much possible to go 40 minutes on one set of tyres. If we do a 60 minutes race I will definitely go for one stop.

If we do 60 minutes instead, there will be no mandatory pit stops. Everybody has to decide their own strategy.

Then you're either not using racing softs or you're driving around at 40mph ;)

With racing soft tyres, they will go until around lap 16.

Angst

Ark said:
Then you're either not using racing softs or you're driving around at 40mph ;)

With racing soft tyres, they will go until around lap 16.
Race last season was 18 laps. My racing softs where pretty much dead by lap 16, but I wasn't going to do a stop with 2 laps left. :D I practised specifically for that scenario, so I had no big problems handling the cars with 10-20 % grip left. I think all of us on the podium went with a no-stop strategy.

Ark

Angst said:
Race last season was 18 laps. My racing softs where pretty much dead by lap 16, but I wasn't going to do a stop with 2 laps left. :D I practised specifically for that scenario, so I had no big problems handling the cars with 10-20 % grip left. I think all of us on the podium went with a no-stop strategy.

Ah, I misread your post. I thought you meant 40 laps on one set of tyres, not 40 minutes. Haha.

Nevermind then!

Dibbz

wow i wake up and this thread is alive! Great to see most guys here again and wtf Crumb is back but more shockingly Mush is to. :p

I'm happy with 90 minutes however many laps that takes. I done a 20 lap run in the FGT the other day and it was glorious on Monza.

Yes would be awesome Gutter if PD patched in Pirelli tyres into GT5 :D F1 is so crazy this season because of them.

Also Angst you make that banner in paint? :p

Angst

Dibbz said:
wow i wake up and this thread is alive! Great to see most guys here again and wtf Crumb is back but more shockingly Mush is to. :p

I'm happy with 90 minutes however many laps that takes. I done a 20 lap run in the FGT the other day and it was glorious on Monza.

Yes would be awesome Gutter if PD patched in Pirelli tyres into GT5 :D F1 is so crazy this season because of them.

Also Angst you make that banner in paint? :p
Lmao, yeah almost. I used pixlr.com/editor

You're welcome to send me a better banner and I'll use that instead. I have no delusions about my graphical skills... :D

Edit - remember to join the practice session tonight at 21.00 CET. I will probably be around until shortly after 23.00 CET.

Lounge will be set to dynamic weather and heavy damage. At least we will start with those settings.

Niks

Nice to see this thread alive and kicking!

Im fine with 90, but in order to have more people able to participate, Im ok with a shorter race too.

Angst

ashk said:
I'm fine with 90 minutes as long as we start on time.
like that's going to happen :p
I'll use the automatic start and see how it goes. Disconnects are my biggest fear... if people show up too late for qualification that's their problem. 20 minutes for qualification and then we're off. Due to the track I think we have to do a parade lap.

ashk

Angst said:
I'll use the automatic start and see how it goes. Disconnects are my biggest fear... if people show up too late for qualification that's their problem. 20 minutes for qualification and then we're off. Due to the track I think we have to do a parade lap.

Yeah, to be fair it usually isn't anybody's fault when it's a late start, people still loading or getting disconnected is what seems to be the biggest problem. But if you go into a race expecting to have those sort of problems you're not so surprised if it does happen :p

Dibbz

That was a good practice session. The race when it started to rain half way through was epic. Slowly though the rain was taking everyone out of the race. First Angst went then Nab and it was me and Toxa left but the guy is super fast, couldn't catch him :(

5783510692_ef5a5b6d33_b.jpg

5783510698_97cf2c45c8_b.jpg

5783565596_52bd747f5c_b.jpg

brentech

Not sure if I'll be able to make Saturday or not. We're having dirt delivered, will have to see if we get it through the yard in time.

I like that bottom picture. Good sense of movement and nice driver view.

Angst

Wow, those pics are awesome. The pics I take turn out like crap in comparison :/

Bottom pic is pretty cool, I think you avoided me by inches after I spun out.

Dibbz

Angst said:
Wow, those pics are awesome. The pics I take turn out like crap in comparison :/

Bottom pic is pretty cool, I think you avoided me by inches after I spun out.
Yep it was really really close.

gt5_monza_spinz742.gif

Apparently I'm supposed to post here to get in on the Saturday race.

3PM EDT, confirm?

I'm in.

Xanavi, I think, is the only car I own on the list. So, I guess I'll be going with that.

Angst

Next practice session:

Thursday 22.00 CET (20.00 GMT)
NEOPARADIGM said:
Apparently I'm supposed to post here to get in on the Saturday race.

3PM EDT, confirm?

I'm in.

Xanavi, I think, is the only car I own on the list. So, I guess I'll be going with that.
Cool, you're very much welcome :)

We'd prefer it if everyone drives in unique cars if possible, I'll post a list of all available cars later today. If you don't want to buy another car, we could allow new participants to use duplicate cars this time.

I think the Motul GT-R is available (as seattle can't participate and I haven't heard from chimilosky).

Btw, we do all races in a private lounge to avoid having randoms join all the time. Add GAFSuperGT to your FL. All races and all practice sessions are done in the GAFSuperGT Lounge.

Angst said:
We'd prefer it if everyone drives in unique cars if possible, I'll post a list of all available cars later today. If you don't want to buy another car, we could allow new participants to use duplicate cars this time.

My only precondition is that it has to be a premium car (I just can't handle any non-cockpit view). Otherwise, I'll drive anything.

I'll do what I have to do to get me a unique car if that's what it takes. I just want a serious race.

45 laps on Monza .... like ... I kinda wanna jack off thinking about it.

Angst

NEOPARADIGM said:
My only precondition is that it has to be a premium car (I just can't handle any non-cockpit view). Otherwise, I'll drive anything.

I'll do what I have to do to get me a unique car if that's what it takes. I just want a serious race.

45 laps on Monza .... like ... I kinda wanna jack off thinking about it.
I like the way you think :)

As for premiums - all Nissans are gone, the NSX Takata and the Raybrig is available, all Lexus cars are available as well as the Toyota Supra YellowHat.

But it seems like not everybody will be able to participate on Saturday, so I think one of the GT-R's should become available. I'd recommend you to either pick the NSX Takata / Raybrig (Lexus cars have a severe competitive disadvantage on Monza) or wait and see if one of the GT-R's become available.

Here's the list of currently unavailable cars:
1. The Deers (ashk + MikeDub) - Nissan Xanavi '08
1. Calsonic Boom (risk breaker + brentech) - Nissan Calsonic '08
3. My Fairlady (Angst + gutterboy44) - Nissan Xanavi Z '06
4. Buiu Racing Grand Prix (BRGP) (seattle6418 + chimilosky) - Nissan Motul Autech '08
5. Foxtrot Racing (Niks + UFRA) - Toyota Woodone '03
6. A Drinks Company (Mush + Dibbz) - Honda NSX ARTA Super GT ´06
7. UnDeadSeks (TheSeks + Dead Man) - Honda NSX Epson Super GT ´08
8. Capsule Corp Racing (Toxa + l2ound) - Toyota Castrol Supra ´97
9. Digital Wind (Polyphony + kaze13) - Nissan GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica Super GT ´08

EDIT - now that I think about it duplicate cars won't be an issue for this race. As everyone is allowed to join both drivers in one of the teams above could participate. So, pick the car you want :p

Ok, I have to bite. My precious Takata can't sit on the side lines. Love that car. Put me down for the Premium Takata.

I don't think pit stops should be mandatory in any of our races. It removes the strategy.

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
Ok, I have to bite. My precious Takata can't sit on the side lines. Love that car. Put me down for the Premium Takata.

I don't think pit stops should be mandatory in any of our races. It removes the strategy.
Good news :) 9/16 so far with 3 maybes as well. Looking forward to it. No pit stops mandatory, dynamic weather and heavy damage. We're going with 45 laps as most seem happy about the length.

Race procedure:
Lounge opens - 21.30 CET
Lounge reset - 22.10 CET
Qualifications start - 22.10 CET
Race start 22.30 CET

We will do one parade lap at 60 MPH. No passing allowed during parade lap. Race starts when you pass the start line after 1 lap (at the beep).

Niks

Is heavy damage ruling set in stone?
I think we did pretty well with mild damage on the other league.

Angst

Niks said:
Is heavy damage ruling set in stone?
I think we did pretty well with mild damage on the other league.
Nope. I prefer it as it adds another strategic element to the race, but I'm open to ideas.

I think that we should be OK with heavy damage as the race is pretty long. Yeah, it's annoying when someone else's mistake fucks up your car, but you should be able to catch up during the race / there's a high chance of the other guys having to do unplanned pit stops as well.

Edit . "fucks up your cat"? Damnyouautocorrect.com :p

Dibbz

Heavy damage should be cool as long as everyone does the parade lap correctly.

8 guys so far, hoping so more of you guys can make it.

Angst

Dibbz said:
Heavy damage should be cool as long as everyone does the parade lap correctly.

8 guys so far, hoping so more of you guys can make it.
We're up to nine now - Gutterboy confirmed that he will join us.

Top Bottom