• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Gamestop won't let me pick up my copy early. Damn them. There is a snow storm coming in tonight and tomorrow too... UUUGGGGH. I wanted to get it before the snow came.

11150863856_2b9f5bcb73_b.jpg

GT6 looks next-gen to me.

EDIT: Fixed.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Sorry, I didn't want to start another pointless battle.
I'll play GT for other reasons than graphics and it has a lot to offer besides that. In some cases it might be looking better in detail than FM5, but I don't think any of them will be direct gameplay.

Got my Anniversary Edition ready for pick-up tomorrow, I am really pumped for a throwback at the fantasy tracks, because I missed all the updates in GT5 and never had a chance to play them there.

I'm sorry but these videos are pure crap. The IQ in GT is awful and from other direct-feed videos it most certainly doesn't look that bad. Stop.

Which ones for example?

creyas

Damn it looks rough on my shitty 720p wheel tv which can't do any screen mode adjustments like "Just Scan". :( Pixels seem to be moving around, not a stable image. The picture isn't even centered when doing the size adjustment, the left side is not visible 1 tick away from the others.

Driving feels good and menus are snappy enough. New super slim PS3 sounds like a dentist's drill when the disc spins up, hoping it installs just about everything so it doesn't have to do much later on - not a serious issue though, i play on headphones.

offshore

Three fucking years later and they're still rolling with the same moronic paint system. They needn't have bothered making chips limitless once acquired.

How freaking hard is this, PD? Why are you so against making customisation easy and fun? Couldn't even deliver us a livery editor so you continue to lumber us with your idea of good game design. Goddamn this studio is so pathetic.

Animal

Banned
Has anyone who pre-ordered from gamestop US online store had their shipment info updated, shipped or delivered in Canada or US?

Three fucking years later and they're still rolling with the same moronic paint system. They needn't have bothered making chips limitless once acquired.

How freaking hard is this, PD? Why are you so against making customisation easy and fun? Couldn't even deliver us a livery editor so you continue to lumber us with your idea of good game design. Goddamn this studio is so pathetic.
I guess they don't consider a livery editor to be a key component of a driving simulator.

Was looking the car list on granturismo.com ( http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html ) and i saw this:

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93

Listed as appearing for the first time in the series.

I remember that it was in GT5, the dtm version as a standard car.

Why is it listed as new ? It's the street version ? Premium ?

DTM standard version

Maybe you need the suit to unlock a Senna themed special event?

Possibly, I don't have enough he credits to buy it though.

Laranja

I'm sure this has been answered already, but can anyone explain to me how the premium/standard car thing works, this time around?

I believe I've seen some images of what looked like improved standard models, with smoother surfaces and some more detail, but still not as detailed as the premium models and also lacking the interior.

Have all GT5 standard cars received this treatment or are there three detail tiers, now?

Spookie

I'm sorry but these videos are pure crap. The IQ in GT is awful and from other direct-feed videos it most certainly doesn't look that bad. Stop.

Well of course it's going to look shit: Project CARS is possibly one of the best looking PC games to date. Any direct comparison is going to make any console game look shoddy.

-Amon-

Any Euro guy that preordered GT6 on the psn store can tell me if the download on their ps3 is already started ? Or is it starting on midnight ?

Not at home atm, can't check ...

Kryten

It was surprising to see a bit of a crowd when my local EB opened this morning, but this is my first launch day GT purchase, so what do I know. Now downloading the 1.01 patch (only 90 minutes to go, gah!).

The bag and keyring are a bit naf, but hey, free giveaways!

JamboGT

Any Euro guy that preordered GT6 on the psn store can tell me if the download on their ps3 is already started ? Or is it starting on midnight ?

Mine started at 2pm this afternoon, so hopefully it has for you.

EGOMON

Mine didn't start at all even though the auto-download was ON so i had to start it manually by going to PS store

I just bought the pre-order and could download immediately. It's already at 8%, so doing pretty well. I do secretly also wish this was on PS4, but oh well.

I'm sure this has been answered already, but can anyone explain to me how the premium/standard car thing works, this time around?

I believe I've seen some images of what looked like improved standard models, with smoother surfaces and some more detail, but still not as detailed as the premium models and also lacking the interior.

Have all GT5 standard cars received this treatment or are there three detail tiers, now?
The big difference is that they are all available to view/purchase in a big list, unlike the annoying separation we had in GT5, where only a few Standards would be on a rotating list in the 'Used Car' section. As far as I'm aware, they've all received touch-ups, but some significantly more than others, so 'three detail tiers' sounds about right. They are also fully tune-able, something that was restricted to Premiums in GT5.

Dead Man

whoever said the framerate is better than academy @ 1080p is just wrong, i just completed my first 5 lap arcade race on bathurst as a test and it's way worse, when you go up and down the hill it's got to be hovering around the 30-40fps mark, it also has some terrible juddering.

as with academy 720p is the only way to play.

and now to start the career.

In cockpit or bumper? Disappointing news.

I guess they don't consider a livery editor to be a key component of a driving simulator.

Yeah, but different race suits and moon driving surely are a key part.

Only things that are missing are a livery and race editor.

and number plate editor, and club builder, and team builder (unless I missed the news)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
whoever said the framerate is better than academy @ 1080p is just wrong, i just completed my first 5 lap arcade race on bathurst as a test and it's way worse, when you go up and down the hill it's got to be hovering around the 30-40fps mark, it also has some terrible juddering.

as with academy 720p is the only way to play.

and now to start the career.

Shit. And no way to tell the game to be 720p without setting the whole PS3 to 720p? Arse.

The Jason

Nice, gamestop has shipped my copy and it will arrive tomorrow. It will be so glorious

Reminds me of when I got GT4, the second GT on PS2 of course.

Top Bottom