• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

OmegaDL50

I just got the call my pre-order is ready to be picked up tomorrow.

Awesome times will be happening soon.

Get your steering wheels / gamepads ready people!

Bollocks

Can you use the DS4?

My only dilemma is that the PS4 secured the spot under the TV now and due to space there can only be one console at a time ._.

KaidoRacer7

If you're referring to the racing suit and helmet from '88, Senna was in the MP4/4 that year.

yeah, I know... just based that in what I saw in the intro (when they show the banner at Senna's kart track and when Viviane Senna appears), but it was a joke, dont take that seriously.

in other hand, in my pre-order says that I will receive a voucher for the Senna's helmet and the RED suit... probably get my copy tomorrow, if the rain in São Paulo dont mess up everything

JamboGT

Wow the install for the digital version is already becoming stuff of legend for me. As far as I have read the disc version has no initial install, installing as the game is played. Means now I guess they are doing them all in one go, taking a LONG time.

In cockpit or bumper? Disappointing news.

all views.

of the tracks i've played bathurst is the absolute worst for performance in race conditions.

le mans 2013 is up there as well.

Shit. And no way to tell the game to be 720p without setting the whole PS3 to 720p? Arse.

nope, there's still performance hits in 720p mode.

the wet tarmac effect has been removed from the tokyo track :(

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Comparison of the Ascari Circuit between a real onboard and Gran Turismo 6... The circuit is very accomplished and as you can see, It's nearly identical.

For me this circuit has been a discovery: banked corners, elevation changes, triples chicanes... I only can say WOW!

Dead Man

all views.

of the tracks i've played bathurst is the absolute worst for performance in race conditions.

Bugger. Thanks for the info though.

dubc35

Hmm, yet to get a shipment email from amazon. The charge is pending to my CC and Amazon says it's shipping soon...

PS, damn this game and thread. I've spent way too much time in it the last couple days.

benzy

vader.jpg

Comparison of the Ascari Circuit between a real onboard and Gran Turismo 6... The circuit is very accomplished and as you can see, It's nearly identical.

For me this circuit has been a discovery: banked corners, elevation changes, triples chicanes... I only can say WOW!

Thumbs up. Great comparison vid.

patchday

GT6 looks really good but I'm having a tough time deciding if I will pickup my preorder. Don't get me wrong it looks awesome but I've been having a blast with my Oculus Rift in iRacing with my racing wheel.

Kind of hard to go back to the PS3. Especially since I ahve a PS4 as well. GT6 does look amazing though. Might pick it up... ugh, decisions... I know I wont have much time to mess with it tho

Bravoexo

Walked into our local game store here to pick up an Xbox One, saw they just cracked open their delivery of GT6's LE... decided to get one as well. No pre-loading, skipped the 1.2Gb update... bought the mandatory Honda Fit and raced through Brands Hatch and High Speed Ring in the first Novice race. Still too dark for my liking.. I'll probably connect the G27 when I finally go on Holiday this year end.

otapnam

Walked into our local game store here to pick up an Xbox One, saw they just cracked open their delivery of GT6's LE... decided to get one as well. No pre-loading, skipped the 1.2Gb update... bought the mandatory Honda Fit and raced through Brands Hatch and High Speed Ring in the first Novice race. Still too dark for my liking.. I'll probably connect the G27 when I finally go on Holiday this year end.

theres gotta be a brightness setting in settings right? Ive noticed the darkness in some of the screenshots n videos.

I decided to give in last night AFTER i missed out on release day with zon. wont get mine till tuesday :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
all views.

I wonder if this is the PS4 engine they're intending to use, scaled down considerably to run on PS3. Or have they already said as much?

Hoplatee

I doubt anyone really knows but I might as well ask -

Does anyone have any reason to believe the DD version will have issues like for example GTA5? I am asking this because my PS3 drive is insanely loud and probably about to break but I do kind of want to play this game. So I really don't want to buy something on a disc unless I really have to.

Racer1977

If GT6 reviews knock it out of the park, I may have to pick up a cheap PS3. If it reviews similar to GT5, I'll hold off and save the cash for Driveclub.

Gek54

Yes limited lock to lock has always been more effective, albeight being totally unrealistic.

Not at all, at one point most WRC cars were set to 540 degrees and there are some Prototype class cars that are 420 degrees. F1 is even less.

Laranja

The big difference is that they are all available to view/purchase in a big list, unlike the annoying separation we had in GT5, where only a few Standards would be on a rotating list in the 'Used Car' section. As far as I'm aware, they've all received touch-ups, but some significantly more than others, so 'three detail tiers' sounds about right. They are also fully tune-able, something that was restricted to Premiums in GT5.

Thanks for clearing that out for me!

I'm not too familiar with how the whole thing was handled on GT5, since it was the only game in the series I never owned, but from your description, it sounds like a bit of a mess. Glad to hear it's been sorted out, for the most part.

Ding-Ding

This update is scary. On a couple of occasions it gets stuck on a percentage for a couple of minutes. Currently looking at 72% and praying it moves on from there

EDIT. Its ALIVE but crawling (digital version)

npa189

No pre-load for US PSN I take it? Figures. I hope we got some sort of PS4 cross-buy eventually, I just want to play it on my new system, it wouldn't even have to look any better.

Kryten

Has anyone been able to find/redeem the Anniversary race suit / helmet stuff yet? I've got the cars, just not, well, everything else.

AllenShrz

Has anyone been able to find/redeem the Anniversary race suit / helmet stuff yet? I've got the cars, just not, well, everything else.

Im confused about this too, I dont see that stuff, maybe it was only the cars?

I bought the anniversary edition.

Ding-Ding

For anyone else with the digital version. Did it take about 50minutes to install the update

It took about 10 minutes to download the update and here i am on 97% installation process @ 50minutes.

Ted

Pre-loaded, update installed, gifts received (Anniversary Edition), scotch poured, roll opening credits....

Going to be a late night.

[EDIT - Dinger, took about equal times for me, 10-15 minutes to download, 15-20 install, pretty much a new machine though]

So to those who've played, do the physics feel vastly different to GT5?

Might have to have one final swing around Nordschleife with GT5, haha.

No pre-load for US PSN I take it? Figures. I hope we got some sort of PS4 cross-buy eventually, I just want to play it on my new system, it wouldn't even have to look any better.

Same here... That's when I'll jump in. I'm trying REALLY hard not to pick this up right now after sinking so much into next gen systems last month.

alba

Little is the new Big
Same here... That's when I'll jump in. I'm trying REALLY hard not to pick this up right now after sinking so much into next gen systems last month.

Same here, I'm picking it up tomorrow with no PS3 in sight... oh boy this is gonna be tough.

deadnoob

Guess I'll be playing with a controller until next month when I can go home and find my Fanatec USB dongle... That is if i can even find it - hopefully I won't have to drop another $30 just for that thing.

nasanu

Banned
So to those who've played, do the physics feel vastly different to GT5?

Might have to have one final swing around Nordschleife with GT5, haha.

I would not say vastly different. But they are certainly improved. The thing is that the game starts you off with assists on, then puts you in a very stable FF car, then forces assists on in all special events. Often you don't get a feel for the physics. But I did take a RUF BTR around the ring in free run. The physics really did feel amazing. And online also the physics seem great. Drifting is very controllable and you can now drive fine without ABS.

nasanu

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=659PCcIwVNg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

dont know if its posted already.
Does anybody kno if the sound is going to get patched?

People will tell you the audio patch is confirmed. It is not. They have said they are working on it but they don't know what they are doing (read between the lines, they basically said we have no clue about sound). They haven't been able to figure out how to make a good sound engine in the past 5 years they have been trying and I dont expect them to figure it out anytime soon.

I actually suspect they don't have the hardware resources to do it. I think their graphics budget eats up the power that audio needs. But that is just my theory to explain their mystifying incompetence in this area.

Top Bottom