• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

rvy

Banned
From Dionisiy, GTPlanet:

xAd2312p1iI.jpg

OH MY GOD!

YES!

YES!

YES!

dont have the game yet but what is the early consensus...GT5.5 or do the physics and other new stuff make it feel new and or different from 5?

Why are you asking questions about GT6? This thread is obviously about iRacing now.

Seriously. Shut up about other sims. This is a GT6 thread.
I'm still waiting to pick mine up tomorrow. I'd like to have more impressions about GT6 since I don't give a shit about PC sims.

Yep.

Those people who complained that the Miata was too damn easy to drive obviously have never driven one. I have one for my daily driver, got the best/worst version too, 06 model with no TCS/DSC, but it does have a 6 speed MT, sport Bilstein shocks and a proper LSD, and she's seriously a breeze to drive. The Miata is supposed to be easy to drive... it's why it's highly regarded among gearheads.

Of course, if you push it hard enough things will go wrong, but that's true for all cars.

The 07 Miata in GT5 drives quite similar to my car in real life. Sure it's one car, but I'm more inclined to believe that Polyphony knows what the hell they're doing with the cars when they can nail the characteristics of one car compared to the outcries of a select few who think they know how to drive.

In the same fairness not to lump every GT player in the same boat with every iRacing player. Most people don't think iRacing is that fussy to drive at all. What is challenging is the level you have to drive at to complete with the higher ranked drivers, since you can only race against humans. There is never the feel good AI to obliterate. No matter what game I have played, I can never maintain that level of concentration that the top drivers can.

Owning a miata and a race trim miata on a track with slicks aren't the same thing. Slicks tend to have a narrower optimal slip angle than street tires. And for the record, I have a 1:1 experience driving a Skip Barber at Watkins Glen in real life and iRacing and it felt like an comfy pair of shoes the first time I drove the Skippy in game at that track. Yet, you will hear people say it is a very difficult car to drive because it snaps over steer. But it is a training car design to be fussy and caught me the fuck out a few times IRL too. The miata has been cake to drive for the last three tire models btw. I burned through my rookie license with that thing, winning races against way higher ranked drivers because it was so easy to pick up and drive. People just cling on to these past cliches of iRacing despite it constantly evolving.

If we want to play the stereotype cliche game, based on my extensive experience with GT5 online, all US GT racers are aspiring destruction derby professionals...with charming southern accents none the less.

But lets talk about GT6. Amar has a cache of great posts on the GT tire model pros and cons. A stock model car with comfort tires has always been a thing to behold in GT games. The second half my GT5 experience was nothing but sport tires or harder. Sliding old jaloppies around the ring is amazing and I look forward to doing it in GT6 or 7... im looking at you station wagon posted a few pages back!

Is that volvo station wagon still in the game? That was my favorite thing to bring into online races to get a reaction out of people.

I tried that on my logitech momo days in Gran Prix Legends too.

Did not help me at all, so i never looked back.

OT: what is your Gpl rank id ? mine is flanker :)

Oh jesus, it has been ages. Let me see if I can find it. Can't remember if it was real name or Gutterboy etc.

Edit: Found it! It was Gutterboy, Rank 2657. -14.509 Handicap. I haven't played that game in so long!

ethomaz

Banned
I'm not doing that... SImply because if I ever want to go back to GT5 (and I might!), I don't feel like installing for 40mins + 3 hours of updates (I got the original GT5).
I got the day one GT5 too and I just got Platinum two weeks ago... I will never go back to it now that the online community will move to GT6 ;)

hort22

Why are you asking questions about GT6? This thread is obviously about iRacing now.

Seriously. Shut up about other sims. This is a GT6 thread.
I'm still waiting to pick mine up tomorrow. I'd like to have more impressions about GT6 since I don't give a shit about PC sims.

That's what I am wondering about...lol

Do people with the game think its gran turismo 5.5 or does it feel like a true and better sequel.

-Amon-

Oh jesus, it has been ages. Let me see if I can find it. Can't remember if it was real name or Gutterboy etc.

Edit: Found it! It was Gutterboy, Rank 2657. -14.509 Handicap. I haven't played that game in so long!

Little slow :p

( just joking of course, i was an absolute GPL addict at the time )

Curufinwe

As someone who hasn't played a GT game since the original I'm really looking forward to playing GT6, but most of the posts in this thread are over my head. It's like when I got Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom 3 and started reading that OT.

Little slow :p

( just joking of course, i was an absolute GPL addict at the time )

Haha, I don't doubt it. I was never that great at it. It was really the first sim I took seriously though and I've never looked back. I think I moved on to the GTR mod of F1 2001 shortly after getting in to GPL. Then it was always back and forth between PC sims and GT releases.

Edit: Damn! Just looked up your GPL rank.

Could you also screenshot the Mercedes 190e evolution II road car?

Yep!

It might be hard to see but it looks very much improved in the game.

Ah thanks you're the best.. its like foreplay.. shame it doesn't look like it got upgraded, but ah well. lovin it.

Looks slightly cleaned up. It would be easier sharing pictures if this was on the PS4!

Won't believe it till I see it.

I can't find it under McLaren. Any suggests where to look? I see the Senna suit though.

You are my hero, I love you sir! I've been in love with this car ever since GT3. Wish they made it premium though.

Love this car too. Do any still exist in the world to even go back and model it into premium? I would love to see this car in real life some day. It was my beast master in GT3.

alba

Little is the new Big
Can someone here with the game take a picture of the Toyota Altezza please? I'm really eager to see if they improved it. Thanks :)

Oh, don't know if it has been noted on this thread yet, but I noticed this for those who like GB Quick Looks.

Quick Look: Gran Turismo 6
VIDEO ON DEC 06, 2013 03:01 AM

I am not expecting good things. Even their resident race sim "guru" Drew was pretty clueless about racing sims in general during the iRacing quick look and the Forza 5 quick look was like watching them play FIFA.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Yikes I hope the game doesn't look that bad. Gonna be hard to go back to this after how clean Forza 5 is.

Crossing fingers its just youtubes shit quality stream?

Yeah, going back will be hard. FM5 is a really great looking game, but it pissed me off contentwise very quickly, so I hope GT6 will make up for the lack of graphics with the great variety of tracks and features. Hope my eyes reset after some time withit, looking at the gameplay videos it's like it is missing sound and graphics now.

But I always had a lot of fun with GT games, there is something special about the whole career mode and car handling that keeps me coming back everytime.

I am not expecting good things. Even their resident race sim "guru" Drew was pretty clueless about racing sims in general during the iRacing quick look and the Forza 5 quick look was like watching them play FIFA.
Hehe. I thought he did the iRacing one pretty well, considering he was so new to it. And I love watching them play FIFA! :D

Yeah, going back will be hard. FM5 is a really great looking game, but it pissed me off contentwise very quickly, so I hope GT6 will make up for the lack of graphics with the great variety of tracks and features. Hope my eyes reset after some time withit, looking at the gameplay videos it's like it is missing sound and graphics now.

But I always had a lot of fun with GT games, there is something special about the whole career mode and car handling that keeps me coming back everytime.

You're gonna like it for sure. GT5/6 has options galore. Plus I really like the daily login bonus, seems small but it makes a huge difference.

SUPARSTARX

Can you already download the game before 12AM EST? I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet from Amazon so I might cancel and just get the digital version.

Top Bottom