• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

commedieu

Banned
People will tell you the audio patch is confirmed. It is not. They have said they are working on it but they don't know what they are doing (read between the lines, they basically said we have no clue about sound). They haven't been able to figure out how to make a good sound engine in the past 5 years they have been trying and I dont expect them to figure it out anytime soon.

I actually suspect they don't have the hardware resources to do it. I think their graphics budget eats up the power that audio needs. But that is just my theory to explain their mystifying incompetence in this area.

Mystifying my ass. PD just doesn't set sound as a priority... been the same sham of an excuse since GT1 and the Playstation hardware. Even low quality shit mp3's samples of a v8 would be better than the Dyson simulation they've perfected. Not getting my hopes up for a patch, its literally been 4 versions of the game with identical sound, as far as my ears care. And you always have to do the bass trick with your setup, or kill the treble.

I've come to terms, as most of us have. Everyone else needs to as well. Sure, PD's going to patch in glorious sound to match the rest of the perfect experience. Suuureee..

Pistolero

What about the reviews???

They're not gonna be good, that's guaranteed. The main issues people have with this franchise (AI, sound, collision physics...) haven't been tackled, I'm assuming.
I hope the reception of GT5 and the one I predict that the sixth episode is aout to experience will force Yamauchi to reconsider his priorities. I have a lot of admiration for the man. He undoubtedly revolutionized the ladscape. But things have changed between the moment GT3 hit and now...

otapnam

They're not gonna be good, that's guaranteed. The main issues people have with this franchise (AI, sound, collision physics...) haven't been tackled, I'm assuming.
I hope the reception of GT5 and the one I predict that the sixth episode is aout to experience will force Yamauchi to reconsider his priorities. I have a lot of admiration for the man. He undoubtedly revolutionized the ladscape. But things have changed between the moment GT3 hit and now...

Sounds like tales from my ass.

Don't Talk like an expert without a copy. Basing off assumptions is the worst

benzy

Are there pictures of the standard cars in GT6?

Some are nicely upgraded, others not so much.

AutumnRing_1_zps67eb0ac0.jpg

r8a6.jpg

ub97.jpg

o3le.jpg

bgsr.jpg

Kryten

I've redeemed everything with the anniversary code. All available ingame.

Sorry to labour this over something so trivial, but where are you finding the helmet and racesuit, in the store for those items?

Got my National B license, damn game is good!

AllenShrz

People will tell you the audio patch is confirmed. It is not. They have said they are working on it but they don't know what they are doing (read between the lines, they basically said we have no clue about sound). They haven't been able to figure out how to make a good sound engine in the past 5 years they have been trying and I dont expect them to figure it out anytime soon.

I actually suspect they don't have the hardware resources to do it. I think their graphics budget eats up the power that audio needs. But that is just my theory to explain their mystifying incompetence in this area.

Dear lord! Fucking GT! why do they dont have a clue about sound is beyond me.

If the next GT7 on the PS4 has the same fucking sounds from the PSone era I'm going to cry.

Ding-Ding

Loving the tire and suspension models. When you are out of shape it really feels like the cars are lurching and about ready to put you in a wall.

Game also feels alot better just in the way its structured.

A major gripe though, when the lighting model is at its highest contrast, the AA method really cant handle it. The scenery really does suffer from a shit ton of jaggies

dubc35

Dat Levin
beadstroke.gif

Levin > Trueno
[edit] re: others not so much, played GT5 last night withe Lan Evo Super Rally Car, dat ugle ass SOB!! lol, man it looks ps2 era....and probably is

I love the games so far GT1-5/psp and love the series but I know what you mean. I wouldn't mind a 77 metascore to light a fire in them for GT7. In the end would it matter? Probably not, but we can only hope. They listened A LOT in GT5, more than 1-4 combined so there is hope.

Hey guys, I'm getting the game tommorow, but one thing's been bothering me and I haven't found anyone talking about it.

Is there still a performance challenge like there was in GT5 where you can time your 0-60 and quartermile times?

dubc35

any recommendation for a good inexpensive wheel for this?

If you can afford the extra couple $ get the DFGT. The pedals are the same between the DFGT and DFP but the DFGT adds controls on the wheel for TCS/ABS/Brake Balance and center diff which I found helpful in GT5. I found the DFGT to "feel" better overall also, not sure how much objective reasoning there is for that, but I found it to be the case, lol.

alba

Little is the new Big
I have a feeling GT6 will average 87-90 on metacritic,

Nah, it'll get smashed and people will hang on to the microtranscations while they keep praising Forza and while still (across the board) totally missing the point of the user base who actually buys those racing games. I'm still kinda salty that every reviewing outlet not racing gaming focused keep ignoring racing game and just doing a basic bulletpoint style review and just not actually caring about what's in there. It'll most likely be in the 75-85 range [/rant]

EDIT: Not to mention most of them are like rushed to review those games too, you can't really appreciate these kinds of racing game without putting at least a dozen hours at the very least... anyways this isn't the kind of thread for this.

Ding-Ding

Anyone else getting a new update available. Did 1.01 earlier and now another update

Edit. Still saying 1.01 but the in game update just downloaded something

Nah, it'll get smashed and people will hang on to the microtranscations while they keep praising Forza and while still (across the board) totally missing the point of the user base who actually buys those racing games. I'm still kinda salty that every reviewing outlet not racing gaming focused keep ignoring racing game and just doing a basic bulletpoint style review and just not actually caring about what's in there. [/rant]

There's always Team VVV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Imtiedcusc

Racing focused and they seem to like it quite a bit going by their initial impressions.

Jedi2016

Nah, it'll get smashed and people will hang on to the microtranscations while they keep praising Forza and while still (across the board) totally missing the point of the user base who actually buys those racing games. I'm still kinda salty that every reviewing outlet not racing gaming focused keep ignoring racing game and just doing a basic bulletpoint style review and just not actually caring about what's in there. It'll most likely be in the 75-85 range [/rant]
Since the microtransactions are not actually included in the game, I'm not sure it would even be proper to base a review score off of them. Besides, they didn't mention them with Forza, and that's a whole different level of clusterfuck than GT is.

alba

Little is the new Big
Since the microtransactions are not actually included in the game, I'm not sure it would even be proper to base a review score off of them. Besides, they didn't mention them with Forza, and that's a whole different level of clusterfuck than GT is.

You know polygon is going to push it *wink wink* :p Either way, those reviews ultimately won't matter much to the general public. I can't wait to dive back in (still kinda upset at how bad the one is because I'm gonna miss doing liveries in Forza but that's another topic)... sucks being an adult now and not having the budget for everything... anyways, I disgress =D

Less than a day to go, WOO :D

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I've never looked to reviewers in my decision to pick up a GT game. I know what I'm getting when a GT game launches, and sure I wish they'd fix/alter/improve certain things. But GT at the end of the day has this charm about it that just satisfies me. My most played and most beloved franchise. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Prophane33

I've never looked to reviewers in my decision to pick up a GT game. I know what I'm getting when a GT game launches, and sure I wish they'd fix/alter/improve certain things. But GT at the end of the day has this charm about it that just satisfies me. My most played and most beloved franchise. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've played EVERY GT on day 1, except for GT5 which I bought with my PS3. I'm just curious what the general perception of the game is among non-GT diehards. All this misinformation about microtransactions (no doubt spurred by X-Bots) is making me worried about how John Q. Gamebuyer is going to approach this game.

alba

Little is the new Big

Same, I just wish they'd put back some of the little cool details from the old GTs (like manufacturer music)... ahhh the memories. I'm so hyped right now I can hardly contain myself :)

dubc35

Should be quoted and lead off the reviews section of the OP IMO.

i remember the reviewer for gt5 from gamespot and he was asked to show off the drifting during a livestream to preview the game and so he proceeded to choose a 4wd and drove on a snow track. suffice to say no drifting was shown that day.

snaffles

Having just finished my first race, I have to say that I really like the little red indicators it shows on the sides of your screen when there are cars along side you if you are using the first person/bumper cam mode. I don't remember that being in 5, seems a simple solution to an annoying problem I have always had.

alba

Little is the new Big
Having just finished my first race, I have to say that I really like the little red indicators it shows on the sides of your screen when there are cars along side you if you are using the first person/bumper cam mode. I don't remember that being in 5, seems a simple solution to an annoying problem I have always had.

Blind side indicators yep, a great addition.

Animal

Banned
My Gamestop order from their US online site just had a label created! I love labels! I love labels on Gran Turismo things.

EDIT: Also

NullPointer said:
What time is it on the moon?

image.php

Bit concerned that my digital copy isn't going to work. I'm in the U.K so was able to pre-load it yesterday. But it took forever to install. Once it got to around 80% it slowed to a crawl and took maybe an hour to install. The patch is just installing now, and same again, got to 80% ish and is now taking ages to finish off.

HDD space isn't an issue as I have about 100GB spare. Hope I don't have to restart downloading from scratch again.

edit: ah just seen posts on the previous page. Seems I'm not alone :)

Fair point, but I was talking about the kids who think they know how to drive, not people like you and me who actually have decent experience behind the wheel. Funny thing is, most of us don't complain that Game X is more realistic compared to Game Y and vice versa, we just seem to appreciate them for what they are.

Speaking of GT and Skip Barber... I wish GT and SB would team up and create the "tutorial" section of the next game. I've never done any SB classes as I'm a broke college student, but I know what they teach and I really think teaming up with them could elevate the status of GT as a proper racing game.

Anyway, I'm really excited for tomorrow. I've got no class so I'm practically free all weekend, the problem is there's an "Icepocalypse" here in North Texas and if this keeps up, my Miata is practically undriveable in this weather and my local GS might remain close, so I'm keeping my hopes up, but it really depends on this ice storm.

Top Bottom