• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 free update July 2024

Musilla

Now available

dxbwt8g.gif

dxbO2zx.gif

King Dazzar

Good update. Tracks a little short even in an MX-5. But nice addition all the same for slower cars. I prefer the physics too. Still feels like they could go further. I think the menus are still badly designed and convoluted in terms of accessing elements you need quickly. Still has that GT charm in there though and remains my favourite driving game.

Its been too long since the last new track its about time
A new track at last - and one of my favourites!

How does gt7 look better graphically (on console) than Forza Motorsport? Im still pissed off at Turn 10 for not delivering on the promised visuals on Series X..its my understanding that PC has been steadily improved but SX looks the same as launch day

nial

14.8 million but Sport ended up doing 12.7M and GT7 is selling quite a bit better than Sport launch aligned. Granted 14.7 million in the early 2000s is more impressive than these days.

img_4200-png.1313223
And that's considering that Gran Turismo 3 was THE king (sales wise) of Sony first-party for a very long time.
Doubtful, GT3 sold 15 million or something nuts like that. Do we know sales numbers on GT7?
Digital only worldwide as of June 2023:
Gran Turismo Sport - 4.310.520 units
Gran Turismo 7 - 2.189.753 units
Retail only in Japan:
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - 267.338 units as of December 2020
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) - 348.793 units as of December 2023
Gran Turismo 7 (PS4) - 136.388 units as of December 2022

SimTourist

Its been too long since the last new track its about time

How does gt7 look better graphically (on console) than Forza Motorsport? Im still pissed off at Turn 10 for not delivering on the promised visuals on Series X..its my understanding that PC has been steadily improved but SX looks the same as launch day
PD always had better art direction and underlying tech, pulling more out of the same grade hardware than T10. For example Forza 8 is the first game to have dynamic ToD and Weather which GT5 had back in 2010.

Doubtful, GT3 sold 15 million or something nuts like that. Do we know sales numbers on GT7?
I mean Sport sold like 13M and GT7 has always sold better launch aligned and we keep seeing It appearing in some charts in a way Sport didn’t. GT7 is also a crossgen title.

It’s only a matter of when, not if tbh

omegasc

And that's considering that Gran Turismo 3 was THE king (sales wise) of Sony first-party for a very long time.

Digital only worldwide as of June 2023:
Gran Turismo Sport - 4.310.520 units
Gran Turismo 7 - 2.189.753 units
Retail only in Japan:
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - 267.338 units as of December 2020
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) - 348.793 units as of December 2023
Gran Turismo 7 (PS4) - 136.388 units as of December 2022
GT3 was also bundled with the PS2 for some time

SkylineRKR

GT3 came out and that was it. It was only available on PS2, and only via retail.

GT7 is persistent, sold digitally as well and is being expanded as we speak, well over 2 years after its launch.

Top Bottom