• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thanks to Con_Z_ǝdʇ Con_Z_ǝdʇ for his patience and making this awesome livery for me! Thanks friend!

gwmlGzU.jpg
Sh61vPH.jpg

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I really hope we get a content rich christmas update. A surprise track or some new layouts would be nice but I'm not expecting that. Curious if it will inherent new features. 5 cars is a good start but as usual it's mostly something different that makes me happy.

How long can we expect these monthly free updates? Did they do season passes for GT Sports?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I really hope we get a content rich christmas update. A surprise track or some new layouts would be nice but I'm not expecting that. Curious if it will inherent new features. 5 cars is a good start but as usual it's mostly something different that makes me happy.

How long can we expect these monthly free updates? Did they do season passes for GT Sports?
There are a lot of missing Gr3 cars that still need to be added. They are several years/seasons old on most of the models, so I expect these monthly updates to keep rolling out for some time. I think Sport had some cars you paid for via MTX, but not sure about a season pass. I don't believe so.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
First time firing up Sport last night. Yes, mainly played single player and dabbled in multiplayer, but not Sport mode.

So, 3 daily races and a time trial are the only options in that mode? How often do they swap them out for new ones?

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

First time firing up Sport last night. Yes, mainly played single player and dabbled in multiplayer, but not Sport mode.

So, 3 daily races and a time trial are the only options in that mode? How often do they swap them out for new ones?
The daily races A, B and C always get exchanged at monday and the Time Trials run for about 15 days on average.

In addition you had the manufactures and the nations cup with some more advanced races.

It's not a lot. The worst part is how often they reuse the same tracks for the daily races and the lack of creativity in terms of settings. Some tracks have never appeared at all and they have never used weather for daily races.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Had my best and worst moments in Sport Mode.
I only did 5 races, will do more this evening. Best I finished was 8th and not super familiar with the track. But what annoyed me, was I had the best qualify time, and it did not register and started me in the back of the pack at 15 out of 16 with -:--:-- for my lap time. Sigh.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I only did 5 races, will do more this evening. Best I finished was 8th and not super familiar with the track. But what annoyed me, was I had the best qualify time, and it did not register and started me in the back of the pack at 15 with -:--:-- for my lap time. Sigh.
This happened to me twice now and i don't know why. It hurts!

Did you went for A, B or C? Which car? Time trial is brutal this time because of the car.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Why Sport?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This happened to me twice now and i don't know why. It hurts!

Did you went for A, B or C? Which car? Time trial is brutal this time because of the car.
Yeah, I noped out of Time Trial, but I will give it another go as well.

I did A at first with the Mini and a race air cleaner (only thing you can install to keep below 350pp) and it was fun... once. Just once, lol.

Then I did just B the other 4 times. First time I used the Mustang Gr4, then I switched to the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Yeah, I noped out of Time Trial, but I will give it another go as well.

I did A at first with the Mini and a race air cleaner (only thing you can install to keep below 350pp) and it was fun... once. Just once, lol.

Then I did just B the other 4 times. First time I used the Mustang Gr4, then I switched to the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI.
I love Goodwood and it's quite crazy because you can use all tires. Some wild combinations in there.

I did some tests for B on saturday with 22:22 but haven't done a race. I usually go for the SLS. I can't deal with the Alfa and i also have a hard time with the Mustang.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I love Goodwood and it's quite crazy because you can use all tires. Some wild combinations in there.

I did some tests for B on saturday with 22:22 but haven't done a race. I usually go for the SLS. I can't deal with the Alfa and i also have a hard time with the Mustang.
So you can use racing softs? Oh sheeeeeiiiitttttt. That changes everything, if so.

I will try the SLS. Not a fan of AWD on tarmac in some aggressive weight shifting corners.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

So you can use racing softs? Oh sheeeeeiiiitttttt. That changes everything, if so.

I will try the SLS. Not a fan of AWD on tarmac in some aggressive weight shifting corners.
I think so yes. You either end up with crazy fast cars and snail mode in the corners or some with average speed that can keep it in corners.

The SLS is just very stable and even in extreme situations i know what to do. I never care for the META car.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think so yes. You either end up with crazy fast cars and snail mode in the corners or some with average speed that can keep it in corners.

The SLS is just very stable and even in extreme situations i know what to do. I never care for the META car.
Same. Looking forward to giving it a shot this evening.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Got down to A from A+ last weekend due to people using me as brakes in Sardegna, or ramming me to the walls when trying to pass.
Weird what some people think is "fun" eh? lol

I feel you. I'm constantly going up to A and falling down to B again. Where is my B+ rank? :messenger_grinning:

Even with a constant S rank in sportsmanship online races are still a mixed bag for me. What worked for me in general is to be very passive, although i sure lost many podiums because of that but it made the experience more consistent overall. Sports Mode is still absolute fire when you find some equally skilled players that show some respect.

Sucks how that impacts you. They need a better detection system.

The penalty system wasn't even bad at release yet they constantly try to improve it and do drastic changes to it. Now we are in one of the worst states ever in my eyes where you get penalized for minor things or even collisions you never caused. I ran wide last week and went off track only to get a 1 sec penalty. I didn't even cut corners.

Sportsmanship rank S should mean something! You should earn it and only keep it for the most fairest driving. That would help i think.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Details for Update 1.27​

The following is a list of the main features and adjustments included in the latest update for Gran Turismo 7.

Main Features​

1. Cars
 - The following five new cars have been added:
  ・ Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20
  ・ Bugatti Chiron '16
  ・ Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20
  ・ Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95 (available for purchase at Legend Cars from December 15)

The Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo will be available for purchase at Brand Central from December 23. Players who answered correctly the Day 4 question of the World Finals Viewers Gift campaign will gain early access on December 15.

2. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 14: Collection: Straight-Six BMWs (Collector Level 37 and above).
  ・Extra Menu No. 15: Collection: Bugatti (Collector Level 43 and above).

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (Championship: World GT Series) and having watched the ending.

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・Nürburgring
   - European Clubman Cup 600
  ・Mount Panorama Racing Circuit
   - American Clubman Cup 700
  ・Monza Circuit
   - Hypercar Parade

4. Scapes
 - Norway has been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Multiplayer
 - We addressed an issue in which "Quitting the race might affect your ratings" would be incorrectly displayed when leaving a Lobby.
 - We fixed an issue in which repeatedly racing without leaving the room in Lobby would cause the game's performance to drop.

2. Steering Controllers
 - We fixed an issue in which fitting the BMW M2 Competition '18 with a Fully Customizable Manual Transmission would cause the clutch pedal on steering controllers to stop responding.

3. Sound
 - We repaired an issue where the sound of the player's own engine would not play correctly.

4. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
The Ferrari has arrived as the prize for the competition that was running - what a car that looks like.

sncvsrtoip

Details for Update 1.27​

The following is a list of the main features and adjustments included in the latest update for Gran Turismo 7.

Main Features​

1. Cars
 - The following five new cars have been added:
  ・ Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20
  ・ Bugatti Chiron '16
  ・ Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20
  ・ Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95 (available for purchase at Legend Cars from December 15)

The Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo will be available for purchase at Brand Central from December 23. Players who answered correctly the Day 4 question of the World Finals Viewers Gift campaign will gain early access on December 15.

2. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 14: Collection: Straight-Six BMWs (Collector Level 37 and above).
  ・Extra Menu No. 15: Collection: Bugatti (Collector Level 43 and above).

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (Championship: World GT Series) and having watched the ending.

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・Nürburgring
   - European Clubman Cup 600
  ・Mount Panorama Racing Circuit
   - American Clubman Cup 700
  ・Monza Circuit
   - Hypercar Parade

4. Scapes
 - Norway has been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Multiplayer
 - We addressed an issue in which "Quitting the race might affect your ratings" would be incorrectly displayed when leaving a Lobby.
 - We fixed an issue in which repeatedly racing without leaving the room in Lobby would cause the game's performance to drop.

2. Steering Controllers
 - We fixed an issue in which fitting the BMW M2 Competition '18 with a Fully Customizable Manual Transmission would cause the clutch pedal on steering controllers to stop responding.

3. Sound
 - We repaired an issue where the sound of the player's own engine would not play correctly.

4. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.
Happy they finaly add new missions to Monza and Mount Panorama tough not many ;d And of course 0 with good award prize.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Happy they finaly add new missions to Monza and Mount Panorama tough not many ;d And of course 0 with good award prize.
On the one hand i don't care much because i spend most of my time with custom races, whether it be on or offline. It's the low payouts for these and the lack of deeper customization for the singleplayer events that bug me.

I really do wonder how long we will go until we will see a bigger content drop for events. Especially endurance races.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

The C8 is a wild ride. But seems appropriate for a Corvette. Designwise i still like the C7 more.

The Ferrari is quite enjoyable. I'm glad it isn't so stiff through the corners as many other VGT's. Looks like straight out of some modern sci-fi movie. Definitely not a one and done. Is it free for everyone or will people that haven't participated in the quiz have to buy it?

Biggest surprise so far was the Alfa and how stable it is. The sound is also fancy.

Haven't tested the other two yet as the TV got hijacked.

Both the new Mount Panorama and the new Nordschleife event haven't registered my placement after the race. Still looks like i haven't played them. Can't go without some quirks. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom