• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Maxed out on my character levels at 40. It seems like I need to break them in order to keep leveling them. Where do I get the mats?

Click on the mats themselves on the uncap screen and they will tell you where to get them. Generally speaking, each daily dungeon has a specific type of upgrade mat.

Joule

Any thoughts on Catherine? I pulled her today and it seems she's rather high ranked.

Only other SSR I got was Morrigna x2 and Kaguya summon.

commish

I just unlocked the Superstar class. I don't understand why anyone would choose any other class. My guy looks AWESOME and has some sweet dance moves.

Ultimadrago

Any thoughts on Catherine? I pulled her today and it seems she's rather high ranked.

Catherine's moves depend on the status "Charm", which she can intensify (into Entice) and nullify (with a great boost to her attack for one turn). Since even some bosses later on are susceptible to the effect, it can be extremely useful to have a unit that can pull it off and use it to enhance ougi damage later on in the match.

That said, I hate her playstyle.

Hate. It.

I was saying in the Discord earlier that I can't wait to find someone to take her place on my team.

she charms and then charms again
can eat charms to buff herself up during overdrive or break
i guess it would be nice when you are doing an OUGI chain

she's ok, i used her a lot during the cinderella girls mostly cause i didn't have anything better

she helped but at the same time was really more of just there

chrono01

Congrats on some of the pulls in there. Great stuff! I wasn't fortunate, but nice seeing some people in here that was.

So many people doing up to 50 pulls without an SSR shows how good of a deal it is when the devs give you the option of picking your SSR in addition to the 10 pulls.
Exactly.

I don't spend much in gatcha games, but when I do it's usually on a "guaranteed" thing. Let me spend some money, get a character out of it, and a ten-pull/multi-summon that can also give me a chance of getting something else. If not...at least I have my guaranteed one, so it's not a total waste.

garath

So what's a high level wind weapon pool look like? Any of you strong wind party guys mind sharing? :)

I imagine it looks like:

5 guns
2 fists
1 baha dagger or sword
2 normal

Give or take? Mostly interested in the gun to fist ratio. Gun seems good but only after losing a chunk of HP. The ultimate weapon guide was a little hard to decipher.

commish

So what's a high level wind weapon pool look like? Any of you strong wind party guys mind sharing? :)

I imagine it looks like:

5 guns
2 fists
1 baha dagger or sword
2 normal

Give or take? Mostly interested in the gun to fist ratio. Gun seems good but only after losing a chunk of HP. The ultimate weapon guide was a little hard to decipher.

I've been reading 3 guns/3 fists works pretty well. No actual experience myself though :)

Congrats on some of the pulls in there. Great stuff! I wasn't fortunate, but nice seeing some people in here that was.

Exactly.

I don't spend much in gatcha games, but when I do it's usually on a "guaranteed" thing. Let me spend some money, get a character out of it, and a ten-pull/multi-summon that can also give me a chance of getting something else. If not...at least I have my guaranteed one, so it's not a total waste.

SO ITS COME TO THIS

garath

I've been reading 3 guns/3 fists works pretty well. No actual experience myself though :)

Short one magna there I think hehe. I currently have 2 gun, 1 fist and I'm coming up on 5000 renown so wondering which one to get.

Then uncapping all of them.... Oy. Very long ways away.

Noi

Farmed up the last 1k crystals I needed for another 10 pull. Was really excited that I saw two SSR shards pop up but...

xMaAwSu.png
96g9a31.png

From what I'm reading, these guys aren't really too hot? It's probably not a coincidence that my start dash just popped up...

Edit: Oh, I was purely looking at the Magna tier list, but they're both really high up on the HL list. That changes things!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ok, so I need some more help. I bought Mobage coins through the Mobage Lite app. How do I convert those to Granblue Coins?

Alternatively: did I done goofed?

Yaari

Ok, so I need some more help. I bought Mobage coins through the Mobage Lite app. How do I convert those to Granblue Coins?

Alternatively: did I done goofed?

Mobage Lite App? Can you attempt buying whatever you are after, then just buying whatever you need?

Also, if you bought these on an emulator, you need to use them in the game on the emulator too.

Isnt Granblue Coins the iOS currency? That wont work. You need to do it on the phone too.

Brazil

Mobage Lite App? Can you attempt buying whatever you are after, then just buying whatever you need?

Also, if you bought these on an emulator, you need to use them in the game on the emulator too.

Isnt Granblue Coins the iOS currency? That wont work. You need to do it on the phone too.

I bought Mobacoins through the Mobage Lite app on Bluestacks. Trying to roll on the Granblue app itself takes me to a page that tries to sell me Granblue Coins, and I can't find the option to use the Mobacoins I already bought.

Edit: The text mentions "Use MobaCoin, Granblue coins or crystals (...)", but the only buttons available below are "3000 Granblue Coin" or "3000 Crystals".

xCobalt

X6RthUF.png

Any recommendations on what I should focus on for my team? Been working on developing a wind team simply because of GW. Weapon pool is just as diverse - I think I may have slightly more earth weapons than other elements though.

MiTYH

Ugh, after my SSR luck this morning I burned through some easy quests for gems and rolled again...

3 SRs, 2 Rs, no summons, all a bunch of things for types I don't have a lot of (i.e. not water, light, wind). So maybe good in the future, but for now, feelsbadman

razterik

I bought Mobacoins through the Mobage Lite app on Bluestacks. Trying to roll on the Granblue app itself takes me to a page that tries to sell me Granblue Coins, and I can't find the option to use the Mobacoins I already bought.

Edit: The text mentions "Use MobaCoin, Granblue coins or crystals (...)", but the only buttons available below are "3000 Granblue Coin" or "3000 Crystals".

iOS app only accepts Granblue Coins bought through the app itself. If you can't load up the Granblue app through Bluestacks, I would suggest loading the Chrome browser on your iOS device and logging into Granblue through there using your login info. Purchases through there should use Mobacoins.

iOS app only accepts Granblue Coins bought through the app itself. If you can't load up the Granblue app through Bluestacks, I would suggest loading the Chrome browser on your iOS device and logging into Granblue through there using your login info. Purchases through there should use Mobacoins.

Just to confirm, if I roll an account I want to keep through Chrome on my desktop, I can then download Chrome onto my iOS device, login to that account and then purchase mobacoin through there. They accept all CC including international?

chrono01

Just to confirm, if I roll an account I want to keep through Chrome on my desktop, I can then download Chrome onto my iOS device, login to that account and then purchase mobacoin through there. They accept all CC including international?
If you're on iOS, the only way to purchase in-game currency is via Mobage pre-paid cards. You can buy them online (I used precamo), apply them to your Mobage account, and you're good to go. It's really easy once you get the hang of it. Android have is easier though, they can download the app and use their Google account to buy them.

Won't that count as a chargeback, though? I'm guessing they'd block my account just like other companies do.

I'll try it anyway. Thanks!
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd risk it personally, but then I'm paranoid.

razterik

No, I don't think it works exactly that way. International cards only work when going through the Google Play store as far as I am aware? The Chrome app on iOS probably still uses iTunes for purchases, which has a region locked store.

If you're on iOS, the only way to purchase in-game currency is via Mobage pre-paid cards. You can buy them online (I used precamo), apply them to your Mobage account, and you're good to go. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

You can also use the iOS GBF app to buy using JP iTunes store, so it works with a JP credit card or JP iTunes credit (available in several online stores).

Sorry if I'm not explaining this well, it is a bit complicated.

Trying to start this game during a legfest. 18 reroll pulls later (8 of which have been tethered from my phone to bypass the 10 reroll IP ban) and I've yet to see a SSR.

Yaari

Won't that count as a chargeback, though? I'm guessing they'd block my account just like other companies do.

I'll try it anyway. Thanks!

As long as you dont make massive purchases and do it on a weekly basis, I honestly don't think they are going to risk a customer over it.

I think the whole blocking thing doesnt come into play until you do this every week.

Joule

Catherine's moves depend on the status "Charm", which she can intensify (into Entice) and nullify (with a great boost to her attack for one turn). Since even some bosses later on are susceptible to the effect, it can be extremely useful to have a unit that can pull it off and use it to enhance ougi damage later on in the match.

That said, I hate her playstyle.

Hate. It.

I was saying in the Discord earlier that I can't wait to find someone to take her place on my team.

she charms and then charms again
can eat charms to buff herself up during overdrive or break
i guess it would be nice when you are doing an OUGI chain

she's ok, i used her a lot during the cinderella girls mostly cause i didn't have anything better

she helped but at the same time was really more of just there

Thanks for the insight. I'll have to see how it works out for me.

Don't have much of a clear direction as to what team I should focus on yet.

Brazil

As long as you dont make massive purchases and do it on a weekly basis, I honestly don't think they are going to risk a customer over it.

I think the whole blocking thing doesnt come into play until you do this every week.

Hopefully you're right.

And it's done. Wish me luck :/

Yaari

I did a refund once too, someone else as well in the Discord. That was 2 months ago. It was a single 30$~ transaction. I'm still around.

They have so many players. I just don't think they have the time to investigate all the refunds they are getting hit with.

I don't really understand how to start a coop quest. I get to the screen that has a button to choose a party, but the button is blacked out. How do I continue?

Also, I want to do these solo, if there's a way to do that.

Vamphuntr

I don't really understand how to start a coop quest. I get to the screen that has a button to choose a party, but the button is blacked out. How do I continue?

Also, I want to do these solo, if there's a way to do that.

You cannot play alone. It's called coop for a reason and eventually they become impossible to solo anyway. You have to choose a summon and everyone to push ready to be able to start the game.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I keep getting Anna on my first real Draw in Gran Blue Fantasy. Is that to be expected? i.e. Is that fixed?

cress2000

Talk about awkward...

ab0247299acf6693944e7e9e24811e07.png

The raid widdles the boss down this far in ~7 minutes from start time, and then the whole raid just dies with no revives or new people coming in to finish it off...

I keep getting Anna on my first real Draw in Gran Blue Fantasy. Is that to be expected? i.e. Is that fixed?

All I can say is that this didn't happen to me. I don't have Anna.

Quonny

The 10 draw you get for free is fixed. The only not fixed pulls you get are the two single pull tickets from tapping the crystals in town and completing the tutorial. You have two single pulls, that's it.

All other free pulls are fixed.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The 10 draw you get for free is fixed. The only not fixed pulls you get are the two single pull tickets from tapping the crystals in town and completing the tutorial. You have two single pulls, that's it.

All other free pulls are fixed.

Ah okay, I was doing it wrong then. Thanks!

Top Bottom