• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Does the Chevalier/Celeste Magnas eventually outclass Lucifer/Bahamut? Just wondering if its even worth while to start farming light/dark weapon pools if I have other teams already done.

Anko

Not a month in since I started playing but I got burned by the RNGoddess so bad that I think I'll take a break from gacha games for a while. After which, I'll re-evaluate whether I wanna come back.

My luck with gacha has always been bad, and it seems gbf is no exception. I thought it would be fine since my first roll had a rainbow, only for it to turn out to be a troll dupe (on a health buff weapon no less). All subsequent rolls had no SSRs at all. I know I should just stick to surprise tickets and star legends in that case but I couldn't help but be hopeful.

I spent a surprising amount of money on gbf so far and honestly, I'm afraid to count exactly just how much. I've never been one to spend much money on digital goods before and it's scaring me. But even with all that money spent, the game refuses to reward me. Similarly, even with all that effort, gw gacha refuses to reward me. And no, I'm not about to spend 90,000 yen. I may have lost it for a bit but not that much.

So perhaps, it's time to stop playing gacha games. For a while at least, during this cooldown break I'm setting for myself. If I do come back, it'll be strictly tickets and star legends for me. My friend may already have over ten more SSRs than me even though we started out at the same time (he's sort of my opposite in luck, at least one SSR per draw) but I'll just have to ignore him. If I can't control my urges than I won't go anywhere near gbf or any other gacha game.

So, good bye for now. It's been a short, time (and life) consuming month. I'll drown myself in yuri manga/VNs, go for Kalafina concerts and do all those other things I could be spending my money on before I really do end up coughing up 90,000 yen.

Question: Is it possible to watch Fate Episodes again (obviously, without earning the crystals)? I accidentally skipped one of them and don't see where I can view it now.

Does the Chevalier/Celeste Magnas eventually outclass Lucifer/Bahamut? Just wondering if its even worth while to start farming light/dark weapon pools if I have other teams already done.

Dark and especially light are condsiderd the best end game elements. This comes of course with a heavy price. Both elements have a huge malus on their drop rates for their Omega boss fights.

related picture:
HyYpTMO.png

And to answer the first question: no summon will ever outclass Lucifer/Bahamut. They are the strongest summons for their respective elements.

Quonny

I know I should just stick to surprise tickets and star legends in that case but I couldn't help but be hopeful.

I mean, why didn't you?

It's just weird to say the things you said because you had two chances to get pretty much any SSR you wanted for "free" because you were going to spend the money anyway, and thus have a fully stacked team. For the price of a ten pull you got a ten pull + any SSR.

I dunno. Don't mean to make you feel worse, but it really is odd. I've dropped ~$50 and have all the wind SSR I need because I chose them (the 70 free rolls in the beginning definitely helped). There is pretty much no point in me spending money until I've fully capped out my wind team, which is going to be a while.

Edit: I read that as "I didn't do the surprise/beginner tickets", if you did those, then disregard.

Ultimadrago

Not a month in since I started playing but I got burned by the RNGoddess so bad that I think I'll take a break from gacha games for a while. After which, I'll re-evaluate whether I wanna come back.

My luck with gacha has always been bad, and it seems gbf is no exception. I thought it would be fine since my first roll had a rainbow, only for it to turn out to be a troll dupe (on a health buff weapon no less). All subsequent rolls had no SSRs at all. I know I should just stick to surprise tickets and star legends in that case but I couldn't help but be hopeful.

I spent a surprising amount of money on gbf so far and honestly, I'm afraid to count exactly just how much. I've never been one to spend much money on digital goods before and it's scaring me. But even with all that money spent, the game refuses to reward me. Similarly, even with all that effort, gw gacha refuses to reward me. And no, I'm not about to spend 90,000 yen. I may have lost it for a bit but not that much.

So perhaps, it's time to stop playing gacha games. For a while at least, during this cooldown break I'm setting for myself. If I do come back, it'll be strictly tickets and star legends for me. My friend may already have over ten more SSRs than me even though we started out at the same time (he's sort of my opposite in luck, at least one SSR per draw) but I'll just have to ignore him. If I can't control my urges than I won't go anywhere near gbf or any other gacha game.

So, good bye for now. It's been a short, time (and life) consuming month. I'll drown myself in yuri manga/VNs, go for Kalafina concerts and do all those other things I could be spending my money on before I really do end up coughing up 90,000 yen.

I'm sorry to hear that. A break would be for the best in that case. Looking at it from the outside again for a while should help stabilize perspective and make an informed decision on returning. Be patient with yourself and give yourself time to let the high octane emotions lay for a while would be my advice.

(And don't get too tempted by returning to those dailies~)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
How long did you all re-roll before you got an SR? Or give up? I've been re-rolling for just about 3 hours now to no avail, only Rares. :/

Quonny

How long did you all re-roll before you got an SR? Or give up? I've been re-rolling for just about 3 hours now to no avail, only Rares. :/

Many of us rerolled during the 70 free pull event.

I made 40 reroll accounts before the event and didn't get a single SSR and gave up before that, though.

RurouniZel

Many of us rerolled during the 70 free pull event.

I made 40 reroll accounts before the event and didn't get a single SSR and gave up before that, though.

Wow, nice. I totally missed the boat on that one. DX

I'm gonna try for a little while longer but I may end up just accepting the next cute Rare I get. XD

I likely got super lucky. I rerolled during the legfest where they were giving away multiple free 10-pulls. I struck out with my initial account but got SSR Clarisse (Fire) on my first 10-pull for my first reroll. I ended up with 3 more SSRs by the end of the event; Sara (Earth), Zeta (Fire) and Narmaya (Dark). I am still early on and typically use a Grand Order helper w/ 40/40 Sara and Zeta + an SR I'm leveling and 2 more SRs I'm leveling in reserve.

Today, not so lucky. I only had enough for 1 10-pull and it only had 2 SR characters (Agne and Shao).

Question: Is it possible to watch Fate Episodes again (obviously, without earning the crystals)? I accidentally skipped one of them and don't see where I can view it now.

library, field notes, character, pick your character, their fate episodes (viewed and unlocked ones) should be on the bottom

RurouniZel

I likely got super lucky. I rerolled during the legfest where they were giving away multiple free 10-pulls. I struck out with my initial account but got SSR Clarisse (Fire) on my first 10-pull for my first reroll. I ended up with 3 more SSRs by the end of the event; Sara (Earth), Zeta (Fire) and Narmaya (Dark). I am still early on and typically use a Grand Order helper w/ 40/40 Sara and Zeta + an SR I'm leveling and 2 more SRs I'm leveling in reserve.

Today, not so lucky. I only had enough for 1 10-pull and it only had 2 SR characters (Agne and Shao).

That's damn impressive. Lesson learned: pay attention to events.

Anko

I mean, why didn't you?

It's just weird to say the things you said because you had two chances to get pretty much any SSR you wanted for "free" because you were going to spend the money anyway, and thus have a fully stacked team. For the price of a ten pull you got a ten pull + any SSR.

I dunno. Don't mean to make you feel worse, but it really is odd. I've dropped ~$50 and have all the wind SSR I need because I chose them (the 70 free rolls in the beginning definitely helped). There is pretty much no point in me spending money until I've fully capped out my wind team, which is going to be a while.

Edit: I read that as "I didn't do the surprise/beginner tickets", if you did those, then disregard.
Yeah, I did do those. I'm just currently having a really strong urge to actually dump more money on the legend fes even though I'm not seeing any returns so far.

I'm sorry to hear that. A break would be for the best in that case. Looking at it from the outside again for a while should help stabilize perspective and make an informed decision on returning. Be patient with yourself and give yourself time to let the high octane emotions lay for a while would be my advice.

(And don't get too tempted by returning to those dailies~)
Yeah. I've removed all signs of GBF from my life for now. Unfollowed twitter, hidden all those art books, etc. I had a chrome window with GBF open on my laptop but I've now closed it without even claiming the daily login bonus. I'll be unsubscribing this thread soon.

Quonny

Yeah, I did do those. I'm just currently having a really strong urge to actually dump more money on the legend fes even though I'm not seeing any returns so far.

Ah, sorry, misread. Thought you just did a bunch of pulls without those two events and I was seriously scratching my head.

Good luck to ya.

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Dark and especially light are condsiderd the best end game elements. This comes of course with a heavy price. Both elements have a huge malus on their drop rates for their Omega boss fights.

related picture:
HyYpTMO.png

And to answer the first question: no summon will ever outclass Lucifer/Bahamut. They are the strongest summons for their respective elements.

Yeah I'm well aware that building up the weapon pool would be a pain for those elements but I'm more thinking about much later when I have other teams done already.

I guess I was thinking along the lines of other elements where the 80% summons get outclassed by magna summons with a full weapon pool but I guess 120% from lucifer and bahamut is just too strong? Or perhaps the magna summons are a close second?

razterik

Trick Room rolling over Nightmare event boss:
Many elixirs were sacrificed, but we did it. Is there even a punishment for going over time limit in a raid? Because I was seriously thinking we didn't make it before the final blow.

Shout outs to SDBurton, Crowcrispy, and everyone else who dragged us through!

Falk

that puzzling face

Many elixirs were sacrificed, but we did it. Is there even a punishment for going over time limit in a raid? Because I was seriously thinking we didn't make it before the final blow.

Heh, I had to bail for meetings at 70%. :(

kiryogi

Banned
Great news for folks wanted the limited chars!

They will be perma eventually !

Also apparently, it's limited currently as HRT is trying to limit the gold moon inflation.

demidar

Is that a Surprise Ticket that's on sale right now? All these localized names are throwing me off.

Edit: Ahh it's probably Start Dash...

kiryogi

Banned
Oh. :(

Still, being able to easily grab Rosetta, Black Knight, Rackam, etc. is nice, good change regardless.

Oooh I shoulda been more clear, I think they meant the limited chars not from LegFes lol.

IE Korwa, D Jeanne, Harezena. Possibly Aliza.

I imagine story SSR remain in Leg Fes only.

So I'd say Legfes Story SSR excluded and the zodiacs.

chrono01

Oooh I shoulda been more clear, I think they meant the limited chars not from LegFes lol.

IE Korwa, D Jeanne, Harezena. Possibly Aliza.

I imagine story SSR remain in Leg Fes only.

So I'd say Legfes Story SSR excluded and the zodiacs.
Oh.

Still happy. Don't say anything else to lessen my excitement, you've done enough. :(

Merun

Grats guys! Too bad I was sleeping or I would have joined.

Vamphuntr

The fourth drawbox is testing my patience now. It seems to have more thrash and even less interesting items. Burned close to 1800 tickets and still pulling garbage. I Burned over 70 AP pots so far since the beginning of the event.

kiryogi

Banned
The fourth drawbox is testing my patience now. It seems to have more thrash and even less interesting items. Burned close to 1800 tickets and still pulling garbage. I Burned over 70 AP pots so far since the beginning of the event.

I spent over 2000 maybe 3000 on the first box alone, you do not have my pity :D

Azusa

So how many SSR did you pull total? Im just curious.

Rixa

Just to point out how much weapon pool matters.

I reformed my R party from Fire to Dark. Sadly I only have 4 R characters so tossed Lucius to last sub. Fire party has max leveled LB0 characters, in dark party 3 members were level 3 and one 20 lvl (MC archer lvl 1, TH 3 skill).

Weapon pool is auto optimized, I didnt fine tune it.
Weapon pool stats look similar (favourable to fire), yet I couldnt finish normal Celeste with fire party. While in my dark party no one died.
Celeste ssr weapons are atleast skill level 5, while fire pool random weapons are mostly skill level 1.

Yu Narukami

Just to point out how much weapon pool matters.

I reformed my R party from Fire to Dark. Sadly I only have 4 R characters so tossed Lucius to last sub. Fire party has max leveled LB0 characters, in dark party 3 members were level 3 and one 20 lvl (MC archer lvl 1, TH 3 skill).

Weapon pool is auto optimized, I didnt fine tune it.
Weapon pool stats look similar (favourable to
fire), yet I couldnt finish normal Celeste with fire party. While in my dark party no one died.
Celeste ssr weapons are atleast skill level 5, while fire pool random weapons are mostly skill level 1.

How is one supposed to know that a certain pool is better even though total attack is lower?

How is one supposed to know that a certain pool is better even though total attack is lower?

Can you into math? If so, a simple understanding of multipliers can easily shape your understanding of a strong pool vs a weak one. The game auto select doesn't take into account these skill/race/magna/unknown/normal/baha weapon skill multipliers and there are some guides in the OP that show you, in detail, how progress looks.

Rixa

Most of the players aim to get atk Omega weapons and skill them instead of random Gacha weapons. Skill levels + synergy matters. Here are the skill levels:
Forgot that one Celeste weapon has 4 skill level.

While testing I accidentally went to VH eyeball with that R party.
I thought what the hell, lets try and if necessary use revive (and if they fail just open it pub). I didnt need to use revive nor Lucius.

Yu Narukami

Can you into math? If so, a simple understanding of multipliers can easily shape your understanding of a strong pool vs a weak one. The game auto select doesn't take into account these skill/race/magna/unknown/normal/baha weapon skill multipliers and there are some guides in the OP that show you, in detail, how progress looks.

I read the guide but it's too complicated for me. Perhaps because I'm not fluent in English.
Rixa what do you mean by random gacha weapon. Which ones are worth upgrading?

Rixa

I read the guide but it's too complicated for me. Perhaps because I'm not fluent in English.
Rixa what do you mean by random gacha weapon. Which ones are worth upgrading?
Crystals.

How lucky are you to get mlb ssr weapon from gacha? How lucky are you to get 10 mlb gacha weapons?
Its easier to get mlb omega ssr weapon than mlb gacha weapon, unless you whale a lot.

Felessan

You cant expect to be lucky every time. 1st box have ~1350 items, 3-4 boxes have ~1500 items. So you on average need to burn 750 draws (1500 tickets) and max (if you are severely unlucky) - 1500 draws and 3000 tickets.
I am 30% through my last box, but there is 3 more days to get the last bow.

I'm roughly 60% through my 2nd box. It's still pretty disheartening even though I know that I won't get the character for months.

Edit: And I get my 2nd box weapon soon after posting this. :x

I just started playing this game a week or so ago, so still fresh, but is there any room in one of the gaf crews?

There are currently 4 GAF crews that are full at the moment. Not sure if a 5th one has been started yet.

Also, do checkout the discord channel!

Top Bottom