• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Felessan

Edit: Did Yoda always refresh his stacks when killing something with his ougi?
He gets 3 stacks every 4 turns. So naturally he will have 1 round of weakness, more if you used skills.

I came to idea to simply let him die after his 2nd ougi (1st downtime covered with his 3rd skill & ougi, 2nd downtime covered with evasion just before his second ougi) - and replace him with in-element damage dealer from reserve. It's more stable approach that trying to keep him alive.

Gizuko

No, it's 3 turns. Auto-revive resets the timer.

Autorevive actually seems to keep track of the number of attacks made, unless you die the turn before refreshing in which case the buff is "refreshed" (it doesn't show the particle effect) before dying and respawn without it - so the buff itself does not refresh his stacks.

I'm actually asking because if you kill fodder with an ougi the stacks are refreshed, although I have to test it a bit more since I don't remember this being the case before (it might be only when enemies die to the non-fixed damage part of the ougi).

i actually went and looked at the past guild wars to see if there's some kind of pattern for next month's element

so assuming they'll do the element that hasn't been used in a while and no silly thing like collabs or seasonal related events to screw up the choices, i'm guessing the next guild wars boss' element will be wind

Thanks for checking! It would be pretty weird if they didn't follo a rotation, or at least space elements a bit. Let's hope the rotation makes sense and it's actually wind.

edit:
He gets 3 stacks every 4 turns. So naturally he will have 1 round of weakness, more if you used skills.

I came to idea to simply let him die after his 2nd ougi (1st downtime covered with his 3rd skill & ougi, 2nd downtime covered with evasion just before his second ougi) - and replace him with in-element damage dealer from reserve. It's more stable approach that trying to keep him alive.

You guys are making me doubt. Going to check once again.

Edit2: Seems the cause for the refresh was Yoda not attacking one turn thus not having "weak" 4th turn. However it does seem that when the non-fixed damage portion of his ougi kills an enemy he only loses one stack instead of all the remaining.

garath

Anyone remember which rare weapon drops from GW gatcha that we should hold on to for the GW character grind? Someone mentioned it but I can't find it. Maybe it was a mace?

Totakeke

Anyone remember which rare weapon drops from GW gatcha that we should hold on to for the GW character grind? Someone mentioned it but I can't find it. Maybe it was a mace?

ohcJLvt.png

Also maybe this one but I can't tell if it's the same.

VEXVebL.png

Felessan

Edit2: Seems the cause for the refresh was Yoda not attacking one turn thus not having "weak" 4th turn. However it does seem that when the non-fixed damage portion of his ougi kills an enemy he only loses one stack instead of all the remaining.
It's always 4 combat turns, and turns are counted when at least 1 character attacked in melee. So skill phase does not count. It's beneficial if characters before Yoda finish round as he can skip round of weakness (rounds will be counted anyway, but he spend stacks only when he actually attacks).
It's actually how it works for every other turn-based mechanics in game. Turn will be counted when you hit "Attack" button for everything, even if enemies will die from the first attack.

Gizuko

It's always 4 combat turns, and turns are counted when at least 1 character attacked in melee. So skill phase does not count. It's beneficial if characters before Yoda finish round as he can skip round of weakness (rounds will be counted anyway, but he spend stacks only when he actually attacks).
It's actually how it works for every other turn-based mechanics in game. Turn will be counted when you hit "Attack" button for everything, even if enemies will die from the first attack.

I actually thought Yoda's worked different due to shrouds being consumed by skills too.

Thank you for clarifying that, I might be able to abuse this in some dungeons.

Zhao_Yun

So I started this game today and rerolled a few times before the game didn't let me anymore after 10 rerolls :(. Managed to roll a SSR character twice and got Lady Grey and Lily. Lady Grey seems cool, but is it true that starting out with a Dark/Light Character is not optimal?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So I started this game today and rerolled a few times before the game didn't let me anymore after 10 rerolls :(. Managed to roll a SSR character twice and got Lady Grey and Lily. Lady Grey seems cool, but is it true that starting out with a Dark/Light Character is not optimal?

Honestly, you'll manage. I started without a single SSR and I'm doing fine.

Rerolling culture in gacha games weirds me out :/

Ranmo

Yeah, when infinite rolls were a thing, sure why not? But honestly don't worry about it. Even then, for dark and light. To my knowledge, all that means is that its harder to get the bestest gear for those two. Compared to other elements. With wind being the easiest. I'd just play the game.

If anything you can think of it as a good investment for the future or something.

It's not, it'll take roughly three times longer for you to gear up the weapon pool if you go with just drops. You'll need to supplement drops with renown/valor grind to obtain up to two weapons a month. It's a bit slow but it's steady progress, which to dark/light, you'll easily go 4-5 weeks without a single SSR drop from the fight, never mind a usable one.

It's do able, just keep it cool and know it's going to be slow for awhile but you'll progress like everyone else.

Yaari

I don't know. It's a opportunity, at no cost, to start playing with a character you like. It takes an hour at best on these 6% rates.

I think it's perfectly fine. It would cost you if you had to pay for these rolls.
For me personally I have more fun playing with units I like.

holy fuck I just got a premium draw ticket for my daily bonus and I drew Lady Grey? Is she good?

She rates pretty high on the tier list yeah. A pretty good unit.

I don't know. It's a opportunity, at no cost, to start playing with a character you like. It takes an hour at best on these 6% rates.

I think it's perfectly fine. It would cost you if you had to pay for these rolls.
For me personally I have more fun playing with units I like.

She rates pretty high on the tier list yeah. A pretty good unit.

I guarantee you it does not take an hour at best. An hour to get an SSR? Sure. I got two in the two hours I was rolling last night. But for the SSR you want? Eh, that's what the tickets are for.

garath

I guarantee you it does not take an hour at best. An hour to get an SSR? Sure. I got two in the two hours I was rolling last night. But for the SSR you want? Eh, that's what the tickets are for.

The one you want? Probably not even going to happen. During a legfest I rolled over 50 times and only saw one SSR let alone the one I want.

^^^^ Congrats, can't wait until I get there. In the meantime.......

Pulled this bad boy. Not a wind SSR but may finally take a break from account rolling and either play with my Magisa account or Eustace account. I hear Earth is absolutely terrible though so will probably go Magisa

OmzJK1C.png

garath

Ugh. Just not having magna luck this week. I've done my own tiamat omega raid 3x per day for the entire week and haven't gotten a single SSR weapon. I've gotten 3 total and two came from the real low chance of leeching.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Did 20 rolls with crystals and 20 with Granblue Coins, but only got an SSR summon. No character.

One day...

Ultimadrago

Did 20 rolls with crystals and 20 with Granblue Coins, but only got an SSR summon. No character.

One day...

Don't feel alone, man. This Legend Fest was shit for me too. Just got Cybel (An eh-kay SSR Summon)...that wuz it.

On the bright side, I used my Start Dash for SSR Eugen and he seems promising. I'll be back, LegFest!

I still have some of my reroll accounts left with multiple SSR on it. If you guys are willing to join the gaf gbf discord chat i can you give one of the these.

Vamphuntr

Don't feel alone, man. This Legend Fest was shit for me too. Just got Cybel (An eh-kay SSR Summon)...that wuz it.

On the bright side, I used my Start Dash for SSR Eugen and he seems promising. I'll be back, LegFest!

I got SSR Eugen as my first SSR when I started playing during the first free 10 pulls day. He's good but his third skills requires you to beat Story chapter 58 to unlock the fate episode. So he'll be gimped with 2 skills for a while.

One day...

The RNG in this game is pretty weird. Sometimes you will roll 3 SSR with 3 pulls and sometimes you get 0 with 60 pulls. What SSR summon did you get? Some are pretty useful.

Spent yesterday and most of today grinding out quests for another 10-draw. Very boring, but I did it and got... Clarisse! They really want me to make a fire team first.

Miragith

I bought some Mobacoins through BlueStacks and I tried to make a purchase on my phone but there were no Mobacaoins. I went back to BlueStacks and it was there. Are the Mobacoins tied to the device you bought them on?

Ultimadrago

I got SSR Eugen as my first SSR when I started playing during the first free 10 pulls day. He's good but his third skills requires you to beat Story chapter 58 to unlock the fate episode. So he'll be gimped with 2 skills for a while.

Yeah, I'm trying to work towards Ch. 58 now. His Intercept++ is so helpful in collecting aggro. When one adds Sara into the mix, it simply makes for some excellent defensive plays.

Talaysen

I bought some Mobacoins through BlueStacks and I tried to make a purchase on my phone but there were no Mobacaoins. I went back to BlueStacks and it was there. Are the Mobacoins tied to the device you bought them on?

Yes, for some reason. Confused me for awhile too.

Gizuko

Just got Maniac Ifrit to 25%, despite getting Yoda and Altair killed during the first stage and messing up pretty badly during the boss fight ("it's going to ougi, let's use Charlotta's damage cut! Oh wait, let's Stall too. Wait wha...").

SSR Catalina is so good, even at lvl 55.

Play Store/Android uses granblue coins, chrome(and im guessing iphones, but im not sure) use mobacoins... i think you can only use the gb coins when on an android device with the app

Rixa

Yeah, when infinite rolls were a thing, sure why not? But honestly don't worry about it. Even then, for dark and light. To my knowledge, all that means is that its harder to get the bestest gear for those two. Compared to other elements. With wind being the easiest. I'd just play the game.

If anything you can think of it as a good investment for the future or something.

It's not, it'll take roughly three times longer for you to gear up the weapon pool if you go with just drops. You'll need to supplement drops with renown/valor grind to obtain up to two weapons a month. It's a bit slow but it's steady progress, which to dark/light, you'll easily go 4-5 weeks without a single SSR drop from the fight, never mind a usable one.

It's do able, just keep it cool and know it's going to be slow for awhile but you'll progress like everyone else.

One thing which makes Dark & Light more miserably for early & midgame is that D&L Omega SR weapons are HP skill. There is no attack skill for D&L omega SR weapons as main skill.

So Inorder you to get more damage boost from your weapons, you need SSR weapons (preferably Omega SSR). This means you need to be atleast level 30 to take part to Omega raids. Drop rate for Celeste (D) & Luminiera (L) SSR weapons is awful compared to other omegas.

On the otherhand dark characters are & look cool.
My party max LB:
Vira / Vampy / Lady Grey / s.Vaseraga / s.Lucius
Using Superstar as class.

Grzi

So after I get Dark Fencer to 20, what should be my next step? Go for extended mastery or focus on a different class? I'm thinking Warrior for all of those Attack level bonuses but I have no idea if those bonuses are permanent or only there when I'm using the Warrior class?

Felessan

Got my MLB bow today. Last chest was so long... pulled more than 1000 items from it

So after I get Dark Fencer to 20, what should be my next step? Go for extended mastery or focus on a different class? I'm thinking Warrior for all of those Attack level bonuses but I have no idea if those bonuses are permanent or only there when I'm using the Warrior class?
Sidewinder for Arrow Rain 3 to complete you Dark Fencer (-50% damage from boss from misery mist/arrow rain helps a lot)

Top Bottom