• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Yaari

what do you guys use AP on? after farming leviathan N/H, i don't know what to use them on anymore, barring event grind, feels like I'm missing something here..

Right now without an event I care for, all my AP goes to the hosting of Magna. I try to hit my Valor cap without having to do any of the easier raids, I dont find them efficient for the rewards they give.

garath

what do you guys use AP on? after farming leviathan N/H, i don't know what to use them on anymore, barring event grind, feels like I'm missing something here..

- Star halo
- Hard raids in this order: tiamat, yggdrasil, all others
- hosting omega raids: tiamat, yggdrasil, others
- events
- daily quests (primarily orbs and gems)
- Co op progression
- farming for guild wars character
- story progression

Not necessarily in that order. Priorities are usually raids and events though lately I've been burning thousands of AP on guild wars character farming (as I'm sure everyone in the thread is sick of hearing about :p)

Farming raids beyond your element is valuable. You never know when you will need the other animas and with bounty skill I get SR weapons from hard raids somewhat uncommonly. Don't forget all the valor from hard raids.

There's literally not enough AP or time to do it all.

topheryan

Neo Member
- Star halo
- Hard raids in this order: tiamat, yggdrasil, all others
- hosting omega raids: tiamat, yggdrasil, others
- events
- daily quests (primarily orbs and gems)
- Co op progression
- farming for guild wars character
- story progression

Not necessarily in that order. Priorities are usually raids and events though lately I've been burning thousands of AP on guild wars character farming (as I'm sure everyone in the thread is sick of hearing about :p)

Farming raids beyond your element is valuable. You never know when you will need the other animas and with bounty skill I get SR weapons from hard raids somewhat uncommonly. Don't forget all the valor from hard raids.

There's literally not enough AP or time to do it all.

is there a decent guide for farming guild wars characters?

dennism

guess i will add tiamat to my to do list, been reading about GW characters and siete sounds like someone i want to play with, and i have a petra to give him 2 hits safety net, thanks guys

garath

is there a decent guide for farming guild wars characters?

The ultimate guide gives a decent breakdown. Last page (or even this page) yaari linked me a Google doc with a more detailed farming guide for it. Be warned, It's not a quick process by any means. Most people talk about 3-6 months on average to get one. First step is a guild wars weapon. You can get that at the upcoming guild wars event.

What're star halos?

Angel dugeons that pop up three times a day, one is a "star" dungeon. It drops way more stuff.

topheryan

Neo Member
The ultimate guide gives a decent breakdown. Last page (or even this page) yaari linked me a Google doc with a more detailed farming guide for it. Be warned, It's not a quick process by any means. Most people talk about 3-6 months on average to get one. First step is a guild wars weapon. You can get that at the upcoming guild wars event.

Thanks, very helpful. Do you know if there's a guide to relic locations? I don't see it in the Google Doc and the ultimate guide doesn't have the harp relic locations.

Grzi

Does a boost to Vulcan and Ezili's skills mean that that summon boosts the attack up weapon skills or something else?

If so, should my goal be to have a max uncapped summon that (Colossus, Leviathan) with that effect?

Currently have a Colossus summon uncapped once.

one of alberts fate episodes is hilarious, his uncle sparky nickname had me in tears.
CiL0R4UXAAAW7sn.jpg
CiL0gK6WMAEXblP.jpg

Quonny

Does a boost to Vulcan and Ezili's skills mean that that summon boosts the attack up weapon skills or something else?

If so, should my goal be to have a max uncapped summon that (Colossus, Leviathan) with that effect?

Currently have a Colossus summon uncapped once.

The Magna SSR summons boost the skills of their weapons. Example: Tiamat SSR summon aura boosts the SSR and SR skills "Aeolus's Might II" by X%.

So once you get a bunch of Magna weapons and level up their skills, Magna summons are better than flat +% attack.

Chaos17

Hi again,

My friend just began today the game and he asked me if he should wait for the 2xSSR event or not ? If yes, does that event return every month or every 2 months ?
Because he wonder when he would be able to get new units outside of story.

Edit : nevermind, I found my answer in the wiki.

garath

A dozen Mithras so far. No anima. Am I the unluckiest guy for this or something? Doing the chap 28 story Mithra.

Maybe I'll try the showdown Mithra some more.

shifting gears to farming ygg for the upcoming guild wars and it's a whole lot harder finding raids for it that don't die in like 30 secs once they are up

blasted everyone and their op wind teams

Uthred

Happy I managed to get a MLB harp and summon, as Stellaris and Diablo Season 6 dont leave much time for granblue grinding

Falk

that puzzling face
I have concluded that there isn't a single Harvin character in the game that isn't an annoying trope on two legs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Was 19 gold medals short of the last harp. Fell asleep though. Oh well. :(

I went to bed at like 2:30 AM because of that goddamn harp. Managed to get the 300 medals, though, but slept before I could redeem them. Had to do it today.

It was hard.

garath

Thought only the showdown could drop it.

pretty sure only the showdown mith drops them

Oh god. If that's true both guides are woefully lacking in detail. Shifting focus now.

I didnt know the raids get over 20 people, just in one with 22. The game needs harder enemies since with that many all of these are being taken down in like two minutes.

There's like whole sets of raids we haven't even seen yet because of rank requirements that are way harder.

garath

Thanks for the help guys. Mithra showdown was the key. I've got two animas now. It's a lot harder but doable. Won't be long now.

They're only 6 man I believe. The ones at rank 101.

Depending on the rank there's also proto bahamut and order grande they haven't seen yet too. Plus the summons Apollo, nezrha, etc. Those are a bit tougher too.

But you're right, just the HL rank 101+ raids are left once you've seen those.

MicH

I just got an R weapon with a skill from a rare monster. Nice! That's the first decent drop I've had from those

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love my fire team, but I can't lie - I'm facing a bit of regret going fire because the SSR attack up weapon is kinda lame, stat-wise. The SSR omega staff caps at only 994 attack. Hard for me to use that when my other stuff, even my SR omegas, are at 1300.

MicH

That may be one you'd want to hold on to for eventual guild wars character.
Oooh that would be nice. I put it in my stash for now along with all my other R weapons with a skill. Is there a list of which weapons are needed for the GW characters?

I also just had a Colossus SSR summon drop! I now have four SSR summons: Colossus, Athena, Ranko and Druj (MLB). Today is a good day

MicH

Holy shit just got another SSR Colossus Summon to drop! My fire team is starting to look really good! Just need a good fire support which I plan on picking whenever my Start Dash shows up again. I think Clarice is good for this? My current fire characters are Metera, Percival and Agielba

garath

Man. Screw this Mithra. Switched to showdown. Good call. I got 2 anima in 3 tries. Since then I've done 14 runs for one anima. Ughhhh.

So frustrating.

dennism

Holy shit just got another SSR Colossus Summon to drop! My fire team is starting to look really good! Just need a good fire support which I plan on picking whenever my Start Dash shows up again. I think Clarice is good for this? My current fire characters are Metera, Percival and Agielba

that looks really good, Yuel is up for consideration as well (she has a 5* form)

garath

Yay. The old post on GAF trick worked. Done with the shopkeep upgrade. I think I need a break from grinding. Next step isn't too bad but there's 6 more steps lol. And I need lots of scrolls and JUST missed scroll day.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I was very pleasantly surprised by the full VA in Percival's Fate chapters. Do all SSR characters get such treatment?

kiryogi

Banned
I love my fire team, but I can't lie - I'm facing a bit of regret going fire because the SSR attack up weapon is kinda lame, stat-wise. The SSR omega staff caps at only 994 attack. Hard for me to use that when my other stuff, even my SR omegas, are at 1300.

Realistically, you shouldn't be using the coloss staff in your pool unless it's 1s, otherwise, MLB coloss SRs will be better.

Top Bottom