• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

MicH

Thanks for the tips, garath. Already doing the star halos and already got four rusted weapons.

Also just got my third Druj from the third drawbox extremely quickly. Just reset it less than 24 hours ago! Just need the 1,2m honor one to MLB it. YAY!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Water you say? Switching back from grinding Celeste to Ygg

Edit: On second thought I'm just straight up done with Celeste, tired of getting wiped out early from stupid mistakes and no one joining my raids

Don't switch elements just for GW, not worth it. GW only lasts a few days. Just focus on what your main element is.

Gizuko

I'm ~600k honors shy from 3M. Wonder if I should try to get that last harp. Specially considering Sakura Taisen event will bring fire SSR weapons - so there might be a fire element boss I could solo.

This event battle is just so... Unexciting. I'd take Suzaku over this in a heartbeat.

commish

Is there an English version of the damage calculator? Or a legend so I know what some of these words are? I use google translate but often the translations don't make sense

Doubtful, but hoping one of the Sakura Taisen characters is an SSR for once.
It wouldn't hurt them financially just to have -one- of the three.

Tired of these SR event characters just piling up.

Does the Dance of Flames battle have loot or honors that's worth spending 30 AP on? IIRC, I didn't get anything except the blue crystal and trophy for beating it at 0 AP.

Doubtful, but hoping one of the Sakura Taisen characters is an SSR for once.
It wouldn't hurt them financially just to have -one- of the three.

Tired of these SR event characters just piling up.

i imagine cygames don't want complaints again of having the event collab characters impossible to get like how it was for the slayers collab and tying it with a guild wars

i imagine cygames don't want complaints again of having the event collab characters impossible to get like how it was for the slayers collab and tying it with a guild wars

Perhaps but you could still make them SSRs. If anything it would appease the more common player more. Whales already spend $$$$$ on this game.

For any newer people who eventually envision themselves with a shiny super strong guild wars character, I have a few suggestions that you can get started on now:

- do star halo dungeons as often as possible. If you do nothing else on this list, Do this. The GW grind requires 700 basic orbs of the element you want. I just did a full hour if star halo and it net me 60 basic orbs for wind. That means you will be looking at approximately 12 hours of star halo farming. Star halo also provides rusty weapons, higher tier orbs, white dragon scales, etc. It's mandatory for creating a GW char. Get some of it out of the way now.

- if you see a rare monster while you are progressing story and it drops a rare weapon, hold onto it. Favorite it in your inventory so you don't lose it. You'll save hours of farming just holding onto those.

- once you hit rank 50, start farming proto bahamut raids and order grande raids ASAP. Get them in as often as possible. Get silver and gold certificates from events.

- last but not least, if a celestial event comes around, get as many gold nuggets as you can from it.

Really for a takeaway here, star halo. Do it. Keep it in the back of your mind.

I actually just ran my first Starred Angel Halo dungeon this morning and got around 40 drops which was nice. One of them was a rusted dagger. In the 150+ pages in this thread I am pretty sure I read something important about it. Is it something I should start ranking up and uncapping?

MicH

Could a kind soul help me out with my Druj raid? No one is responding to my backup requests, unfortunately.

Raid ID: 6DEF66E8

EDIT Never mind - just got some backup :D

Velinos

Got the last spear I needed last night. Just need one more Druj, since I have given up on hope of getting a golden harp. Only have ~600k honor, so my hopes of getting Druj are from token draw or red chest.

commish

I actually just ran my first Starred Angel Halo dungeon this morning and got around 40 drops which was nice. One of them was a rusted dagger. In the 150+ pages in this thread I am pretty sure I read something important about it. Is it something I should start ranking up and uncapping?

Eventually, yes. If you are below level 50, then don't worry about it yet. Just keep it safe.

garath

Mithra anima aside, that light fist is my bane. I almost feel like I must be farming the wrong spot. It's one thing to go a few passes without seeing a rare monster, it's another to see the rare monster and not get the drop. But this light fist I don't know if I've ever even see the rare monster. I think I've tried it 20 times or more and nothing. Guide says chapter 19. I've tried all four stages (it's definitely not 19-4. That's fixed vira battle).

Sigh. Most of the weapons I got in 2-3 tries. This one is killing me.

0XdJmaL.jpg

MicH

Holy shit, I just got the Druj from the fourth drawbox! I only just reset it and got the fourth box earlier today!

I now have 4 Druj so I can MLB it. I don't even have the 1,2m honor one yet (50k away). This is awesome. I guess I should just break down the fifth when I get it, right?

Could I please get a hand with this Druj? I have ~30 min left and haven't been able to get one single person to join. 40FDDAFA

Edit: Suddenly 4 people joined and we downed him. If yall were any of them, thanks! :D

Gizuko

I have been trying to login on my GBF account for about two hours now: Whatever password I input is wrong and the email seems to be wrong as well (I might have made a blunder while changing it last time).

I have changed my email once again through chrome (I can login through my pc, since the data is stored), an even tried to change my password. No matter what I do, though, it won't get through. Neither when using my tablet nor when using incognito mode. Has anyone gone through something similar? I am at my wit's end.

edit: After doing the same about 10 times, it somehow went through. It's something, I guess.

You know what's ridiculous? Getting 300 of those golden badges for the last harp. Now that is a grind.

So a pretty good chance that I'll miss out on max level Summon/Weapon from this event lol. Oh well.

This is the first event I've been able to actually do, being that I'm only Rank 34 now and could barely touch Sagat when I first started.

I'm at ~740k Honor and ~160 Golden Badges so I guess I won't be getting that Golden Blossom, :/. I've also been unlucky with Druj pulls, as I've only just now gotten my second of those.

At least I was able to get 6 Tyrant Bows and 4 Tyrant Forks and I had enough EXP weapon drops to make get all of my other SR (10) / SSR (4) weapons to their initial 30/40 max levels.

garath

What should I be spending my sparks on?

I would hold onto them until you have a need that can only be solved by intense grinding and ton of AP.

Thus far I've held onto mine but I'm getting close to getting Mithra animas. They are only dropped by a 30ap semi difficult monster (and rarely at that) and I need 5 of them. You can't aquire them any other way. At 25 a pop I'd use 125 of my stones though :(

Getting orbs sounds good. Could get 320 with my 160. That's like 5 hours and 2000 AP of grinding.

In fact. Now that I've written that down....

commish

I would hold onto them until you have a need that can only be solved by intense grinding and ton of AP.

Thus far I've held onto mine but I'm getting close to getting Mithra animas. They are only dropped by a 30ap semi difficult monster (and rarely at that) and I need 5 of them. You can't aquire them any other way. At 25 a pop I'd use 125 of my stones though :(

Getting orbs sounds good. Could get 320 with my 160. That's like 5 hours and 2000 AP of grinding.

In fact. Now that I've written that down....

5 isn't a lot. I would farm them...

garath

5 isn't a lot. I would farm them...

People have reported using 40 AP pots just on those 5 lol.

I'm still not able to get that last weapon. The light fist. I have to be in the wrong stage or something. I haven't struggled like this with any other weapon. Going to try stage 20 instead of 19 when my AP regens some. I'm one stage from a rank up. Don't want to waste a pot.

Quick question—do you have to disband your own crew in order to join another crew? Is there any GAF crews open?

Added my username to the spreadsheet: Ekakkubris: 10909669

razterik

Is there a list of the English names for those rare weapons I should hold on to? Alternatively, where's the page in game that lists them all so I can check? I think I have a couple already.

Any tips on the Druj Showdown (Nightmare)?

• Be wary of using taunts when he does a full charge diamond attack (unless it is a evade taunt). If he does the multi-hit breath attack, your taunter will die unless they are super tanky.
  • It has been awhile since I fought him, but I don't think Druj uses a charge attack at HP thresholds.
  • Nightmare Druj has less HP than Extreme Druj, but you can't call for backup which means you don't get potions. I found that using a 200% Grand Order was very useful for sustaining HP. MLB Grand Order when summoned provides a Drain buff that can heal for up to 1k HP.
  • Dispel any double attack up or attack up buffs on Druj. He gains a buff after using certain charge attacks.
  • My main char was a Dark Fencer with Rain of Arrows III. Helped with damage mitigation a lot. Was able to down him at Rank 60ish although the fight took me 15 minutes+.
  • It's 0 AP for attempts so no harm in trying it out a few times.

Vamphuntr

Any news if the Sakura Wars event will be translated? The info page is still Japanese only and for past events it was in English already,

arevin01

How often do these events come around, I ask because since the ENG patch, we've had this and the SF event back to back, giving me little time to do the story.

Vaettir

Tried rerolling again and I ended up getting Vira SSR and Albert SSR. I dunno if I'm extremely lucky or if I've just used up all my luck for future rerolls. Are these two any good?

How often do these events come around, I ask because since the ENG patch, we've had this and the SF event back to back, giving me little time to do the story.
Very often (almost weekly), but you'll reach a point where you won't care much for the event rewards and just do other stuff.
Like Boots and Blades, I only ran bosses once and moved back to farming.

Yaari

Tried rerolling again and I ended up getting Vira SSR and Albert SSR. I dunno if I'm extremely lucky or if I've just used up all my luck for future rerolls. Are these two any good?

Both are great. Did you get 2 SSRs in a row? How many rolls do you even get when you reroll now?

Top Bottom