• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Felessan

So wait, what's the difference in making a GW weapon through the rusted weapon and the on we get through the GW token draw?
You can't make GW weapon out of rusty weapons.
Rusty weapons used to awoken GW weapon (and you should already have MLB SK10 GW weapon to do it) - it raises stats, change element and allow further progression towards GW chara

Felessan

Thank you so much for the clarification. So, since the GW character unlocked with the gun is fire and I'm running fire, do you think it would be a good idea to choose the gun next GW? I chose Harp this time but I'm most likely not getting a single one - I've pretty much given up on participating in this GW and focus on the story chapters.
She is in the same ballpark as White Rabbit and Oliver. They makes life a bit easier (because life is grind).
Grab her when you are confident with immediate needs covered.

Azusa

Thank you so much for the clarification. So, since the GW character unlocked with the gun is fire and I'm running fire, do you think it would be a good idea to choose the gun next GW? I chose Harp this time but I'm most likely not getting a single one - I've pretty much given up on participating in this GW and focus on the story chapters.

Fire gw char is top tier utility char. You will never use her in hard raids or stages. Only to farm items and mostly in the sub slot (her passive +item drop rate+ works in sub).

I have her.
1) she is cute
2) erun
3) her gun is top tier for Gunslinger
4) Gunslinger Djeeta is top tier cute too.

Merun

Fire gw char is top tier utility char. You will never use her in hard raids or stages. Only to farm items and mostly in the sub slot (her passive +item drop rate+ works in sub).

I have her.
1) she is cute
2) erun
3) her gun is top tier for Gunslinger
4) Gunslinger Djeeta is top tier cute too.

With so many reason I feel compelled to grind for her. After Song.

I must be doing something wrong then, I have yet to win, I pick the ones with the highest crystals or should I be choosing the lowest ones?

Look at the numbers for North/South/East/West

Higher numbers = most likely to be 1st.

See how the top guilds in these areas are faring.

Keep checking as long as you can and then bet on the most likely winners/winning group order.

Lower crystals = most likely outcome.
Higher crystals = unlikely (Or impossible)

Ultimadrago

eJQQ8ew.jpg

Yay~

I must be doing something wrong then, I have yet to win, I pick the ones with the highest crystals or should I be choosing the lowest ones?

make sure to pick as close as possible before betting closes in order to not get sudden last minute surges to ruin your bet

the pick the order of top 3 gives better rewards depending if you can choose it correctly

MicH

Oooh, my Start Dash just reappeared! And apparently I can choose the SSR story characters with it? (Katalina, Rosetta, Rackam). Are they worth it? I currently run fire, but it's already pretty decked out. I've been thinking about picking Clarisse but I don't know if I should just start working on another element?

Here are my SSRs:

Fire:
Metera
Percival
Yuel
Agielba

Water:
Silva

Earth:
Sara

Wind:
Metera

Dark:
Vira

Light:
Not a damn thing

Anyone have some suggestions?

Gizuko

Oooh, my Start Dash just reappeared! And apparently I can choose the SSR story characters with it? (Katalina, Rosetta, Rackam). Are they worth it? I currently run fire, but it's already pretty decked out. I've been thinking about picking Clarisse but I don't know if I should just start working on another element?

Here are my SSRs:

Fire:
Metera
Percival
Yuel
Agielba

Water:
Silva

Earth:
Sara

Wind:
Metera

Dark:
Vira

Light:
Not a damn thing

Consider getting Magisa next time ST is around - I think you should save your start dash for now, though. Might be better to pick a limited character once you decide on your alt element (either because you like that element in particular or because you got another SSR during legfes).

froliq

Here are my SSRs:

Fire:
Metera
Percival
Yuel
Agielba

Water:
Silva

Earth:
Sara

Wind:
Metera

Dark:
Vira

Light:
Not a damn thing

Units like Katalina, Rosetta, Eugen are all really good. Clarice would finish your fire team. Not really a suggestion for a unit, but you can always wait with buying the Star Dash since it returns every month until you buy it. For example you could wait for some legfes rolls before you decide on it.

MicH

Consider getting Magisa next time ST is around - I think you should save your start dash for now, though. Might be better to pick a limited character once you decide on your alt element (either because you like that element in particular or because you got another SSR during legfes).

Units like Katalina, Rosetta, Eugen are all really good. Clarice would finish your fire team. Not really a suggestion for a unit, but you can always wait with buying the Star Dash since it returns every month until you buy it. For example you could wait for some legfes rolls before you decide on it.
Thanks for the suggestions, both of you. I didn't even think of saving it, but that's actually a good idea! Especially with legend fest (hopefully) coming soon which might make it easier for me to make a choice next month if I get some good units. Thanks so much!

Got my daily item of the day, prenium crystal, used it and got her.

SSR list say she average tier.

she's solid support, veils and slows where earth doesn't have many characters that do that

she's not great at the dealing damage which is what pre-HL stuff is at, while she does do well at survivability

Yaari

CjftHdoXEAAvJc2.jpg

Congrats! You got really lucky rolling on 3% rates! It's generally advised to save the tickets for during legfest, when there are 6% rates for SSRs.

Pere

Neo Member
So.. yeah i've bought the surprise ticket(damn you granblue!)
Last time you guys advised me to pick birdman or Petra, i choose birdman since i lacked some firepower... should i pick Petra now? or is Korwa better? :D

(i'm windmeme)
982aa88b1af4bde5a94c88ea2035181c

Are we sure there is a legfest coming soonish? should i wait until a day before the ticketdisappears in case there is a legfest and i pull something? agh questions, questions.. anyways what do you guys think?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So.. yeah i've bought the surprise ticket(damn you granblue!)
Last time you guys advised me to pick birdman or Petra, i choose birdman since i lacked some firepower... should i pick Petra now? or is Korwa better? :D

(i'm windmeme)
982aa88b1af4bde5a94c88ea2035181c

Are we sure there is a legfest coming soonish? should i wait until a day before the ticketdisappears in case there is a legfest and i pull something? agh questions, questions.. anyways what do you guys think?

I've used both Korwa and Petra often the last few weeks on my grande teams, and they are both pretty awesome. Petra is better for shorter fights because Korwa takes a while to get going, but once she does, she increases the teams' damage more than Petra.

Legfest should be in a few days. I would wait to pull personally, but I know most ppl have already used their ST.

Chaos17

Congrats! You got really lucky rolling on 3% rates! It's generally advised to save the tickets for during legfest, when there are 6% rates for SSRs.

Thanks!
I knew I should've kept it for legfest but felt bored today XD
I was indeed really lucky, I didn't realsed when I posted it; lol. *noob*

Pere

Neo Member
I've used both Korwa and Petra often the last few weeks on my grande teams, and they are both pretty awesome. Petra is better for shorter fights because Korwa takes a while to get going, but once she does, she increases the teams' damage more than Petra.

Legfest should be in a few days. I would wait to pull personally, but I know most ppl have already used their ST.

Having Rosetta already is it worth to have another slowstarter? most of my "problems" right now are either waiting for Rosetta to get hit 5 times so she can buff me and kill everything or getting squashed before those 5 stacks can happen.

PD: well durh do not post late at night after debugging shaders, you forget to link an image to your character pool...

982aa88b1af4bde5a94c88ea2035181c.png

razterik

Some Trick Room peeps tore up the Nightmare boss today. Much better run than last month, making good progress. Hopefully we can make it a daily thing to help clean out honor points rewards.

Don't know if it's common knowledge, but I hope everyone is taking advantage of the 4-app Promo under Gameplay Extras to earn rewards by logging into other games. Two premium draw tickets every 10-11 days and there's other stuff like berries, crystals, elixirs. Not even playing them aside from prepping Idolmaster game for next collab rerun.

Kortez

Neo Member
For the Guild Wars Extreme/Nightmare boss does anybody know when the it decides to use Torrent Strike? I feel like he uses it almost completely randomly so it makes it hard for me to avoid it.

garath

Having Rosetta already is it worth to have another slowstarter? most of my "problems" right now are either waiting for Rosetta to get hit 5 times so she can buff me and kill everything or getting squashed before those 5 stacks can happen.

PD: well durh do not post late at night after debugging shaders, you forget to link an image to your character pool...

982aa88b1af4bde5a94c88ea2035181c.png

If you have Rosetta and birdman I'd suggest Petra over korwa. I'm personally trying to get korwa and Rosetta working well together but it's been interesting and not always successful. I've been running Rosetta, Petra and either Metera or lennah as my third for awhile though and I can take on pretty tough content that I shouldn't really be doing.

Edit: but korwa probably is a better long term investment. Really tough choice. I have both but no birdman. I was torn between korwa and birdman and went with korwa for the surprise ticket. Both are awesome. Really hard to go wrong

Falk

that puzzling face
Dear Diary:

Today I learned that DF(AR3)/Cagliostro/Sara/2nd Healer is a surefire way to MVP things. edit: That you summon yourself, obviously

If you don't mind dying of old age.

cress2000

CjftHdoXEAAvJc2.jpg

Nice! I want her. My daily 90gc draws have all been trash for the past month, and only one of them was even SR.

edit: getting Sagittarius was a mistake. He's not as good as my fully uncapped Tiamat Omega. (still working on getting Anat...)

MicH

Some Trick Room peeps tore up the Nightmare boss today. Much better run than last month, making good progress. Hopefully we can make it a daily thing to help clean out honor points rewards.

Don't know if it's common knowledge, but I hope everyone is taking advantage of the 4-app Promo under Gameplay Extras to earn rewards by logging into other games. Two premium draw tickets every 10-11 days and there's other stuff like berries, crystals, elixirs. Not even playing them aside from prepping Idolmaster game for next collab rerun.
How do you download them? I'm on iOS and I can't figure out how to actually play them

How do you download them? I'm on iOS and I can't figure out how to actually play them

They are all browser games so it's easier to log-in to them through Chrome with developer mode.

Edit: As long as you are logged into GBF through the browser, you'll also be logged into your Mobage account. You click on any of the ad banners labeled [AD] in GBF and it'll take you directly to that game's home page.

linkent

Will Legfest appear after the ST or during it?
Dunno who should i get, so i am thinking buying the ST now then pull 2x during Legfest and choose the SSR depending on how my pull.
Dont want to buy Percival then pull Percival with my 10 pulls again :(

Lamretta has been pretty amazing in this event for me. Yeah, it's mainly because of just Veil, but now I know why she's ranked S tier for SRs.

They are all browser games so it's easier to log-in to them through Chrome with developer mode.

Edit: As long as you are logged into GBF through the browser, you'll also be logged into your Mobage account. You click on any of the ad banners labeled [AD] in GBF and it'll take you directly to that game's home page.
Do the points show up immediately? I pressed the orange start game buttons for all of them, but I haven't received points yet.

Top Bottom