• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Wheee the week reset already so I can grind more renown points.

I forgot about that thanks to magna fest. Not very likely that I'll manage to cap them this week though.

edit: Might as well ask a question. How do you get to level up weapons skills past lvl 10? Do you have to MLB the magna weapons before you can do that or something?
Yeah but you can't do that unless you reach HL.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Got my daily item of the day, prenium crystal, used it and got her.

CjftHdoXEAAvJc2.jpg

SSR list say she average tier.

I got her as well. She's pretty decent so far, but I'm only 25 chapters in so that may not be saying much. ;P

Speaking of I need to do her Fate episodes...

chrono01

So, just to be sure...

If I purchase the Surprise Ticket before the end-time on the 31st (JST), I'll have a week from that point onward to redeem for my character, right? The Surprise Ticket banner won't immediately disappear on my or anything, and refuse to let me choose a character right? I'd choose one now, but I kind of want to wait until LegFes to see if I get anything first. I've always chosen right away, so I can't remember personally whether the banner remained for a week post-sales.

chrono01

^^ I need to buy ST today too :).
I still need to decide who to get. I'd like to get another dark-type, to continue filling out my team (I have to stack non-dark type SSR in my off-party), but not sure on who. I have Narumeia, Vampy, and Vargeras now. I was thinking maybe Vira, since she also comes with a nice dark weapon I could use. But then, so does Lady Death. Then there's Dark Jeanne, who won't be an immediate boon to my party but I'm not sure if she'll be continually available to ST, as they've said that they might rotate characters in/out. I'd hate to miss out on her...

Or maybe I should try filling out my other teams, so I don't have to take dark to everything. GAH! The choices to make!!!

Maybe I'll get lucky and pull a bunch of nice SSR during LegFes. I know I won't, though. :/

Any news on Legfest happening this month? I still don't know if it's a guaranteed thing.
I'd be surprised if we didn't get one, honestly.

Rixa

I still need to decide who to get. I'd like to get another dark-type, to continue filling out my team (I have to stack non-dark type SSR in my off-party), but not sure on who. I have Narumeia, Vampy, and Vargeras now. I was thinking maybe Vira, since she also comes with a nice dark weapon I could use. But then, so does Lady Death. Then there's Dark Jeanne, who won't be an immediate boon to my party but I'm not sure if she'll be continually available to ST, as they've said that they might rotate characters in/out. I'd hate to miss out on her...

Or maybe I should try filling out my other teams, so I don't have to take dark to everything. GAH! The choices to make!!!

Maybe I'll get lucky and pull a bunch of nice SSR during LegFes. I know I won't, though. :/

Iam on the same boat. Been "sure" I grab Korwa. But then again I could get DJeanne and use her suicidal tendencies and get Lady G from sub when DJ dies :p. Since my Wind team isnt exactly ready (missing almost whole weapon pool) I might get 5th Dark ssr. I know Six will take time (6-12 months or more) cause Iam not really eager to grind GW character :p.

Oh well going for DJ and then letsee what ever LegFest brings (prolly nothing) I have 8500 crystals and 7 tickets ready + Ill get 10 tickets from ST.

Gizuko

surprise ticket, water team

Katalina or
Lancelot

help gaf

You *shouldn't* be able to get Katalina with ST (I can't use it to get any legfes-only characters, at least). That said, she is so good I'd get her over any other water character available, unless you are severely lacking damage.

chrono01

Iam on the same boat. Been "sure" I grab Korwa. But then again I could get DJeanne and use her suicidal tendencies and get Lady G from sub when DJ dies :p. Since my Wind team isnt exactly ready (missing almost whole weapon pool) I might get 5th Dark ssr. I know Six will take time (6-12 months or more) cause Iam not really eager to grind GW character :p.

Oh well going for DJ and then letsee what ever LegFest brings (prolly nothing) I have 8500 crystals and 7 tickets ready + Ill get 10 tickets from ST.
Surprise Ticket purchased!

Anyway, I think I might wait for LegFes before I use it. For all I know, I might grab Dark Jeanne outright, or maybe a few crucial members of my other team elements and I can finish one of those parties.

...Or I'll just choose Dark Jeanne later today, and save myself the agony of expecting to pull anything from LegFes when I know I won't. :/

Vira would be nice, though...

Rixa

Surprise Ticket purchased!
...Or I'll just choose Dark Jeanne later today, and save myself the agony of expecting to pull anything from LegFes when I know I won't. :/

Vira would be nice, though...

I grabbed DJ and used some weapons to exp her to 38 level. She will be sometime in last sub slot.

dennism

You can only get Katalina during LegendFes (or with a Start Dash ticket created during that time), so I'd go with her personally.

You *shouldn't* be able to get Katalina with ST (I can't use it to get any legfes-only characters, at least). That said, she is so good I'd get her over any other water character available, unless you are severely lacking damage.

thought i read limited char is included, oh well, guess i will go for lancelot... or charlotte.. or sochie... or.. riruru.. D:

Gizuko

thought i read limited char is included, oh well, guess i will go for lancelot... or charlotte.. or sochie... or.. riruru.. D:

They made it so that you can ticket select limited SSR:

Grancypher said:
As such, the Special Exchange Ticket that you receive from purchasing the Surprise!! Special Gacha Set from today 19:00 JST onwards can be exchanged for any of the following:

- Any of the items in the Legend Gacha lineup as of May 29 19:00 JST (excluding select Summon Stones)
- The unlock weapons for Harezena, Jeanne d’Arc (Dark), Korwa
- Character-less SSR Weapons that appeared in Legend Gacha from before Mar. 10 2016 such as Durandal and Joyeuse.

But not every SSR is included. Also, the way they worded it here doesn't seem to imply that limited characters are going to be always avaible - in fact, Korwa's Wing of the Pure isn't even available from the current gacha pool.

If you have Altair and Yoda, you might be able to narrow the list down to Charlotta and Lancelot. Riruru is a good option but might overlap a bit with Altair and you will be missing any sort of %damage cut which, while not necessary, are definitely a boon early on.

Felessan

But not every SSR is included. Also, the way they worded it here doesn't seem to imply that limited characters are going to be always avaible - in fact, Korwa's Wing of the Pure isn't even available from the current gacha pool.
They will be in the common pool starting from July, so from that point of time you'll probably would be able to always get them.
All story SSR (note that Apollonia was excluded from mentioning and not included into ST) are limited to legfest and thus normally cannot be chosen with ST.

Yaari

Reminder that tomorrow is the last day (JST) for the Famitsu promo code for a full set of elemental carbuncles. They are MLB'd already and have 30% actives (meaning MLB gacha carbys are still better). Costs about $3 after exchange rate.

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php/Promotional_Codes

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204467833&postcount=7835

I bought this set and I've found it very helpful as a newbie.

I bought it but I dont see the code after buying it, and theres some error on the product page. Is it gone already? I hope not..

I just looked at my promo codes list and it says the Granblue code expires on September 10th. The Granblue wiki says it expires tomorrow, but since it's info from a wiki, that may be incorrect.

----

An aside, I viewed the actual Famitsu magazine article about Granblue and saw it had some interesting game info as top 10 statistics. It has top 10 most popular (by vote?) male and female characters and such. I can't read the rest though. :( Anyone know if they've been translated already?

Most popular male is Percival and most popular female is Narmaya.

Azusa

I just looked at my promo codes list and it says the Granblue code expires on September 10th. The Granblue wiki says it expires tomorrow, but since it's info from a wiki, that may be incorrect.

----

GBF wiki cant read. The shortest one (one of) codes expires tomorrow. It doesn't mean carbuncle expires tomorrow.

MicH

Thanks for the heads up on the Famitsu deal. Just bought it and got the Carbuncles! These are gonna come in handy since I only had three before!

dennism

They made it so that you can ticket select limited SSR:

If you have Altair and Yoda, you might be able to narrow the list down to Charlotta and Lancelot. Riruru is a good option but might overlap a bit with Altair and you will be missing any sort of %damage cut which, while not necessary, are definitely a boon early on.

i have altair and silva, reason i want riruru is cause her buff can stack with anything, including altair's buff, sochie maybe not so important but i'll need a healer i reckon. charlotte is great but so is lancelot..

Uthred

Half thinking of not biting on the ST, but I play GBF for at least an hour or two a day so if I just think of it like a MMO I can justify it to myself ;) Oh well another sixteen hours or so to waver back and forth on it

Gizuko

They will be in the common pool starting from July, so from that point of time you'll probably would be able to always get them.
All story SSR (note that Apollonia was excluded from mentioning and not included into ST) are limited to legfest and thus normally cannot be chosen with ST.

Oh, I thought they had become normal characters starting with this star fest, hence my puzzlement. Thanks for the heads up.

i have altair and silva, reason i want riruru is cause her buff can stack with anything, including altair's buff, sochie maybe not so important but i'll need a healer i reckon. charlotte is great but so is lancelot..

If you have those two then either Riruru or Charlotta would fit best, IMO (I always forget about Silva). Do keep in mind, though, that Silva hits the damage cap a bit early, and thus might be unable to benefit from Riruru's buff - read a bit into this before you decide.

I think the other characters are actually really good, but don't really fit your team:

Sochie is good (Sochie and Yoda were my first water SSR) but seems to miss a lot, even her stall/slow skill. Her damage is ok, but nothing to write home about. Her heal actually seems to be pretty good if you can't get SSR Katlina, but I think she truly shines when you are using Superstar (debuff succes rate up with GW harp/resistance down) - do consider her if you are going to play SS.

Though if you need a dedicated healer (Sochie is more of a Dark Fencer wannabe) you could look into getting Lily.

Lancelot is (IMO) a better Silva, but considering you already have Silva, you might want to get him at a later date, filling your empty spot first - or run both of them, but I'm not so sure how it'd work. However, sicne Lancelot is human, he will benefit from the Bahamut dagger you might already have/will probably craft.

In the end, I think it's about personal preference, but I do think Charlotta and Riruru fit your team best, considering you have those two.

MicH

I seem to have accidentally sold or fused away my MLB rusted gun :( Checked my inventory and stashes and it's gone. That sucks

Ultimadrago

I seem to have accidentally sold or fused away my MLB rusted gun :( Checked my inventory and stashes and it's gone. That sucks

Check again. If it is really gone, just don't forget that Favorite button. I have to remind myself to use it at times.

risutora

Neo Member
I now have two bahamut horns but still no mlb rusted dagger. Of course I do have the sword, spear, fist and probably gun as well...

On another note, does anyone have a problem with tweetdeck where it just refuses to update some search columns automatically? I never get any notifications from my Colossus column but when I refresh the page manually there are always multiple new entries that I missed.

dennism

Oh, I thought they had become normal characters starting with this star fest, hence my puzzlement. Thanks for the heads up.

If you have those two then either Riruru or Charlotta would fit best, IMO (I always forget about Silva). Do keep in mind, though, that Silva hits the damage cap a bit early, and thus might be unable to benefit from Riruru's buff - read a bit into this before you decide.

I think the other characters are actually really good, but don't really fit your team:

Sochie is good (Sochie and Yoda were my first water SSR) but seems to miss a lot, even her stall/slow skill. Her damage is ok, but nothing to write home about. Her heal actually seems to be pretty good if you can't get SSR Katlina, but I think she truly shines when you are using Superstar (debuff succes rate up with GW harp/resistance down) - do consider her if you are going to play SS.

Though if you need a dedicated healer (Sochie is more of a Dark Fencer wannabe) you could look into getting Lily.

Lancelot is (IMO) a better Silva, but considering you already have Silva, you might want to get him at a later date, filling your empty spot first - or run both of them, but I'm not so sure how it'd work. However, sicne Lancelot is human, he will benefit from the Bahamut dagger you might already have/will probably craft.

In the end, I think it's about personal preference, but I do think Charlotta and Riruru fit your team best, considering you have those two.

thanks for the insight, i did think that lancelot and silva serves the same purpose and have thought of charlotta, but I'm using katalina SR and thought maybe i don't need her yet.. maybe riruru is my best bet, she have a barrier and a heal to boot. i do have the bahamut dagger, is riruru a human?

edit: nvm, i checked, she's a harbin.. argh why is it so hard to choose!

I now have two bahamut horns but still no mlb rusted dagger. Of course I do have the sword, spear, fist and probably gun as well...

On another note, does anyone have a problem with tweetdeck where it just refuses to update some search columns automatically? I never get any notifications from my Colossus column but when I refresh the page manually there are always multiple new entries that I missed.

remove the Lv70 from the search.

MiTYH

Two questions

1. Do we have confirmation on when the next leg fest is?

2. How does everyone level up their, lets call it account level? Not characters, just the best case for general experience? I'm in chapter 40something and level 55 I think

Top Bottom