• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Chaos17

Finaly, I was able to reach lvl 50 in Tales of Asteria!

Ckk8FumXEAAsGwO.jpg

My team was composed of:
- 1 five stars
- 2 four stars (pulled from free cystals)
- 2 three stars (pulled from free cystals)

Ckk8E8wWEAEQFC7.jpg

I fed them regulary exp tomes (only way to lvl them, dumbest idea ever).
I only died twice on lvl 30+ on bosses.
I will say it took me 1 day and half to get there, so even playing without giving too much attention you can reach lvl 50 in 2 days without a problem if you feed correctl your team.
Autobattle is your friend.

The on going event that give x3 exp and reduce AP cost did helped me a lot. I'm not sure that I would've been able to level up so fast otherwise.

I will continue to grind a little because of the next Tale Event that will happen after this one.

Pics_nao

How'd you guys get Yuri on Asteria? I swear I can't find the box to get him.

Also, bought the beginner SSR pull yesterday and Metera out of the crystal. Who should I use my ticket on getting? Viral or Jeanne any good?

demidar

Finally got a Dark sword drop.

The question is to keep farming for another so I don't have to buy the third one from the store or to just say fuck it.

Ugh, that Asteria screenshot reminds me of Grand Sphere.

Falk

that puzzling face
At this point from casual observation I'm more than 50% sure the e.g. Tales Extreme event bosses that have 3 silver anima chests and 3 gold anima chests that will either drop or not drop, and will always contain the anima.

In those cases, TH helps quite a ton.

(disclaimer: I have a rather small sample size, so this is anecdotal and not proof, but neither is it purely theoretical)

dennism

wow, wtf. how do you do the challenge quest? you have 4 turns to get 100% charge i believe, but his special attack alone will reduce your charge bar

garath

wow, wtf. how do you do the challenge quest? you have 4 turns to get 100% charge i believe, but his special attack alone will reduce your charge bar

Ha. I just asked this in the discord. Easiest way is use weapon master and you can boost your charge bar to 100% when the rest of the team is high enough to get a full chain and dead boss.

Hachitora

I lost my original Asteria acc when I switched devices, so I've been trying to grind up my new one up to LV50. At lv 41 atm, and I don't rly mind missing the ticket, but I'm just hoping Tear's requirement will be lvl 30 too. Otherwise got some more grinding to do

Gweg

Neo Member
At this point from casual observation I'm more than 50% sure the e.g. Tales Extreme event bosses that have 3 silver anima chests and 3 gold anima chests that will either drop or not drop, and will always contain the anima.

In those cases, TH helps quite a ton.

(disclaimer: I have a rather small sample size, so this is anecdotal and not proof, but neither is it purely theoretical)
Actually from my observation that's not the case. The 2 monsters from round 2 can each drop a gold anima. Only the boss has a guaranteed drop in extreme. Thus you get between one and three gold animas. So you should use treasure hunt on the enemies from battle 2 if you want more animas. If you're after actual weapon drops you should use treasure hunt on the boss.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's what I said though.

edit: Ah, when I said 'event bosses' I was referring to the stage as a whole, as opposed to the story mode. I guess I should have said Special Quests instead.

Yeah, good clarification. I had my suspicions when I noticed that you could get up to 5 gold chests, rather than e.g. it being 3 gold chests with either Anima/weapons/angel weapons in them. Then I noticed the number of Gold anima seemed to have a correspondence with gold chest drops on the second stage.

The Tales event and characters are now translated and oh my god. Every Tales character's skills in GBF have the the exact same localized arte names from their respective game.

Kudos to the translation/localization team. They've made a lot of mistakes in the script elsewhere, but they took the effort to research the localized source material which I very much appreciate.

The Tales event and characters are now translated and oh my god. Every Tales character's skills in GBF have the the exact same localized arte names from their respective game.

Kudos to the translation/localization team. They've made a lot of mistakes in the script elsewhere, but they took the effort to research the localized source material which I very much appreciate.

I imagine they have to get approval from Bamco for the translations (probably why collab events have a delay in getting translated) so also kudos to Bamco for remembering how they localized it in the first place!

Velinos

use your rainbow balls to do 10 x 1 summons, and use any 4-5* units you get. level them up and it'll be easier. I'm at 46 now, it's getting rough but haven't had a wipe yet.

Thanks for the advice. Got a 5* and a 4*, so hopefully things keep going well. At level 37 now and grinding away.

omlet

Thanks for the advice. Got a 5* and a 4*, so hopefully things keep going well. At level 37 now and grinding away.

Also remember you can re-run cleared missions so if you get far enough that you are getting whomped by bosses and are out of exp books/money, just go burn your stamina on re-running missions you already cleared. With triple exp it's still worth it, especially if you don't plan on sticking around in ToA past this collab
and why would you

captainpat

Kinda wish hard and normal raids could have a maximum rank setting cause this shit of a high lvl player popping in taking 90% of the bosses health is not fair.

Velinos

Kinda wish hard and normal raids could have a maximum rank setting cause this shit of a high lvl player popping in taking 90% of the bosses health is not fair.

Yeah that would be nice. I have learned to hold off on requesting help until I am pretty much dead when hosting because otherwise the boss may be dead before I get an attack in.

I dont really care about that when its a raid Im hosting (Well I can beat normal raids on my own), but for Hard ones and Omega's, please high ranks be my guest and come in and defeat these fast.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Windor is a kingdom in Tales of Graces ruled by Richard. The Empire in Vesperia is located is Zaphias, capital.

Falk

that puzzling face
Windor is a kingdom in Tales of Graces ruled by Richard. The Empire in Vesperia is located is Zaphias, capital.

Again, the crossover is based on Asteria, not the original games.
Yuri is part of the knighthood directly under Richard in Asteria.

He's also searching for
Rollo for Elle, which also only makes any modicum of sense in the context of Asteria

Quonny

"His name is Yuri? lolol thats like lesbian anime awesome man"

Quote from my roommates sophomore year when I told him about ToV.

I don't talk to him anymore.

Actually from my observation that's not the case. The 2 monsters from round 2 can each drop a gold anima. Only the boss has a guaranteed drop in extreme. Thus you get between one and three gold animas. So you should use treasure hunt on the enemies from battle 2 if you want more animas. If you're after actual weapon drops you should use treasure hunt on the boss.

Use TH on the boss if we want weapon drops or rabbit? If the latter I do not have so I won't worry about it.

Pics_nao

Milla and Yuri get. Now to find out a way to get Sophie. I have 5ish days to get her right? I can barely beat the event bosses without wiping and more often than not I will wipe and use an elixer. Are there any SSR characters that'll help me out right now? I got Metrea and I'm sitting on a ticket to redeem another one.

Top Bottom