• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Ultimadrago

stmVHJK.jpg

I constantly forget to use Potions.

Edit: Also 4koma Crazy Lyria is great. I wish she was present in story.

omlet

Long term, am I probably ok with skipping farming up 2 MLB of this dark weapon or is this a must-have-two weapon?

Farmed up a 4th fire sword drop and bought all 4 from shop so two MLB weapons to add to my fire grid
my only grid
to replace some SRs.

I was thinking about going in for 4 dark drops, too, but maybe I should save pots now... I got 1 dark katana drop already and can buy all 4 from shop... I would like to make a dark team once my fire/earth gain traction, but not making it a main focus right now... I'm down to like 80 pots (from 170~ when this event started) if that's any consideration and I know some other high profile events are coming up soon.

froliq

Long term, am I probably ok with skipping farming up 2 MLB of this dark weapon or is this a must-have-two weapon?

Farmed up a 4th fire sword drop and bought all 4 from shop so two MLB weapons to add to my fire grid
my only grid
to replace some SRs.

I was thinking about going in for 4 dark drops, too, but maybe I should save pots now... I got 1 dark katana drop already and can buy all 4 from shop... I would like to make a dark team once my fire/earth gain traction, but not making it a main focus right now... I'm down to like 80 pots (from 170~ when this event started) if that's any consideration and I know some other high profile events are coming up soon.

a dark cosmos axe build with celeste summon would only need 1 unknown while a standard colossus fire build would need 2. Having 2 dark unknown is not a must as far as end goal goes in this case, however there are multiple dark builds depending on your summon where you will need more than 1 and unknowns are stronger early on when you're just starting to progress on your weapon pool.

I don't know what to advice. If your time on dark is way in the future then you might skip it for now, but the chances to obtain unknown weapons aren't exactly very common. Maybe pray for a Slayers rerun since that has the other dark unknown

Falk

that puzzling face
no, only the header and like the front event page is translated
nothing else is, no story, the treasure exchange, characters skills, trophies, etc
progress though!

Still faster than how long it takes for Tales games to get localized though.

Chaos17

I'm getting closer to lvl 50 in Asteria rather getting closer to get purple girl in Granblue fantasy (can't do extreme) (๑•﹏•)

Ala Alba

Hmm, out of the three mobile gatcha games I'm playing right now. I like this one the least, yet it takes the most time and has actually gotten me to spend money.

;_:

Velinos

I'm getting closer to lvl 50 in Asteria rather getting closer to get purple girl in Granblue fantasy (can't do extreme) (๑•﹏•)

Same here, though the going has been slower past level 30. I hoping that my 5-star Yuri will hang on to level 50; I have had to revive a couple times so far. I can't do extreme reliably yet either, unless I have Yoda ready to ougi at the start of the boss battle.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmm, out of the three mobile gatcha games I'm playing right now. I like this one the least, yet it takes the most time and has actually gotten me to spend money.

;_:

What else are you playing?

Out of all the ones I've played over the years, this one has been the best at setting up long term goals that keep me playing and striving for new stuff.

muu

Found out Asteria account from previous collab was still active. Starting off at 31 w/ 1 5*, there was a freebie Yuri 5* in my mailbox, and with a few free summon stones I got a cafe girl Colette. Feel like I wasted my luck here...

Ala Alba

What else are you playing?

Out of all the ones I've played over the years, this one has been the best at setting up long term goals that keep me playing and striving for new stuff.

I've been playing Fate/Grand Order and Kingdom Hearts Unchained for about as long as I've been playing GBF.

I'm a fan of both those franchises, which I think is a big reason I'm enjoying them more. They are also both less overwhelming in that there is simply nothing that you can do if you have no AP, which means I can use up all my AP and be assured that I am not being inefficient by doing something else until the AP recharged. It also helps that both are far more generous with AP cap increases compared to Granblue ( I have 128 AP in F/GO and 105 AP in KHU, compared to 73 in GBF).

I've been playing all three games for the same amount of time, but between the three they are taking up pretty much all of my game time. GBF is almost stressful with its constant events that require incredible amounts of grinding in order to not have any regrets. I know that if I change my attitude towards GBF I'd have less stress, but I don't know if I can do that.

If I was only going to play one mobile game, Granblue would probably be my choice of game because of the amount of progression there is and the content that you can still do while waiting for AP/EP to recharge, but I don't think I like the gameplay enough to stick with it. The only question is if I drop it now or give it some more time.

Is it the power of waifu?

I think it's more that SSRs seem much more necessary in GBF, along with good deals (guaranteed SSR pick? awesome) and easy payment (no need for workarounds).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been playing Fate/Grand Order and Kingdom Hearts Unchained for about as long as I've been playing GBF.

I'm a fan of both those franchises, which I think is a big reason I'm enjoying them more. They are also both less overwhelming in that there is simply nothing that you can do if you have no AP, which means I can use up all my AP and be assured that I am not being inefficient by doing something else until the AP recharged. It also helps that both are far more generous with AP cap increases compared to Granblue ( I have 128 AP in F/GO and 105 AP in KHU, compared to 73 in GBF).

I've been playing all three games for the same amount of time, but between the three they are taking up pretty much all of my game time. GBF is almost stressful with its constant events that require incredible amounts of grinding in order to not have any regrets. I know that if I change my attitude towards GBF I'd have less stress, but I don't know if I can do that.

If I was only going to play one mobile game, Granblue would probably be my choice of game because of the amount of progression there is and the content that you can still do while waiting for AP/EP to recharge, but I don't think I like the gameplay enough to stick with it. The only question is if I drop it now or give it some more time.

I think it's more that SSRs seem much more necessary in GBF, along with good deals (guaranteed SSR pick? awesome) and easy payment (no need for workarounds).

that%2Bhell%2Byou%2Bare%2Bwalkin%2Binto.png

MicH

Do your three daily Hard Colossus. One omega Anima

Just your three daily Colossus Omegas. One omega Anima, nothing else.

Do one Tiamat Omega since you can MVP those. Get SSR weapon drop

why

Chaos17

Tales of Asteria maintenance halted my progress, now the game is back... back to grinding almost there... Lvl 45...&#10023;*&#12290;&#12542;(&#65377;>&#65103;<&#65377;)&#65417;&#65438;&#10023;*&#12290;

Gizuko

I think trying to grind every single event is a problem, and it seems a bit widespread. At some point it hurt my opinion of the game a bit, but taking a break helped me come to terms with the constant stream of events.

If you think about it for a bit, you'll realise you don't need to grind most events, even if doing so will improve your teams:

- If you are min/maxing, you want few normal weapons in your grid (because Bahamut weapons greatly increase the normal multiplier and make the other normal ones less optimal), so story events are just there for the summon (which don't seem to be that good, in general) and Skill level fodder. Now, missing on skill fodder is a pain, but won't make you fall behind, it simply slows down your progression.

- Collab weapons shouldn't be used as fodder, so you can just not grind these events if they don't fit your current pool/grind them lightly.

Even if getting a 3* [element you don't use] SSR [weapon] is good just in case you build said element at some point, in order to build said team AND make it better/on par with your current element you'd need to get:

- 3-5 SSR or really good SR (I can't justify buying 3 STickets to get 3 SSR I can't use due to my weapon grid being bad, but that's just me).

- 5-6 0* SSR Omega weapons.

- Skill fodder for them - This actually hinders your main team, to boot.

I, too, want to eventually live the light/dark dream, but it's by no means a short-term objetive for those with a strong main element/team, and improving said team should come first, IMO.

Quonny

Just don't be such nerds. :^)

But seriously, just play as much as you want. If I don't hit the weekly renown cap, oh well. If I don't get that MLB weapon, move on (something I just learned with the last event, just learning to let go).

nbd fam

But seriously, just play as much as you want. If I don't hit the weekly renown cap, oh well. If I don't get that MLB weapon, move on (something I just learned with the last event, just learning to let go).

nbd fam

Basically this. The constant stream of events really helps with this actually. Its easy enough to just let go and move onto the next one because you'll be getting another shot at something similar later on down the line.

I've always played with a pretty laid back attitude to this kind of thing, since there isn't anything you are completing with. There isn't any race to the top, since one you get there its only more of the same (Grinding).

Shun

Y'all are way too caught up with reaching a certain point in a certain amount of time; usually wanting to hit a goal a lot sooner than later.

I've been playing Granblue for 18, going on 19 months and I'm only Rank 116 and I just basically finished my wind pool, I'm halfway through working on my dark pool and started my light pool like 4 months ago right now. I'm pretty happy with my progress and I have a great guild who helps out and regularly qualifies for the Guild Events and we do HL runs pretty often.

Like 2 days ago was the first time I ever gotten a Super Bingo in the time I've played.

bd943db408e041f5802b5ed4aa710cfb.png

Meanwhile you got some members here hitting Rank 100s starting in like December or January, making similar progress to me in 1/2 - 1/3 of the time. Granted their weapon pools aren't as good as mine, but shit some of you guys are fiends. It's really how you pace yourself and if you're willing to put the time and resources to get to x goal in x time.

You'll hit walls. You get over them. Just gotta know which events and which times are worth investing in.

Chaos17

Finaly, I got the purple girl now I've them all V(=^&#65381;&#969;&#65381;^=)v

Ckiwna-XEAAnBkr.jpg

I can farm peacefully the weapons now, I don't care if I will be able to MLB them since I can't farm extreme.
I will be happy with whatever I got, lol
Abd finish to level 50 in Asteria.

Ultimadrago

nbd fam

So, what you're saying is, you didn't get that MLB weapon.

Y'all are way too caught up with reaching a certain point in a certain amount of time; usually wanting to hit a goal a lot sooner than later.

I've been playing Granblue for 18, going on 19 months and I'm only Rank 116 and I just basically finished my wind pool, I'm halfway through working on my dark pool and started my light pool like 4 months ago right now. I'm pretty happy with my progress and I have a great guild who helps out and regularly qualifies for the Guild Events and we do HL runs pretty often.

Like 2 days ago was the first time I ever gotten a Super Bingo in the time I've played.

bd943db408e041f5802b5ed4aa710cfb.png

Meanwhile you got some members here hitting Rank 100s starting in like December or January, making similar progress to me in 1/2 - 1/3 of the time. Granted their weapon pools aren't as good as mine, but shit some of you guys are fiends. It's really how you pace yourself and if you're willing to put the time and resources to get to x goal in x time.

You'll hit walls. You get over them. Just gotta know which events and which times are worth investing in.

*cough* Stealth Brag!*cough*

Seriously though, I'm coming to terms quick with that last sentence. At first I thought it was "wrong" to skip unnecessary events, but now I couldn't be happier to take a break from them. I pull the Crystals and vrrrrmm, I'm out~

chrono01

I've been farming Extreme non-stop for the dark event sword. At this rate, I'll have it fully capped with tokens before I get a single drop. :/

I've been farming Extreme non-stop for the dark event sword. At this rate, I'll have it fully capped with tokens before I get a single drop. :/

just wait since the next part of the Tales collab probably won't have 4 copies of the ssr weapons to trade since its not a rerun

orz

dennism

Same here, though the going has been slower past level 30. I hoping that my 5-star Yuri will hang on to level 50; I have had to revive a couple times so far. I can't do extreme reliably yet either, unless I have Yoda ready to ougi at the start of the boss battle.

use your rainbow balls to do 10 x 1 summons, and use any 4-5* units you get. level them up and it'll be easier. I'm at 46 now, it's getting rough but haven't had a wipe yet.

chrono01

Well, at least it's an option. :/
That is true. If it weren't, I'd probably have a single copy. At least this way I CAN MLB it, if I consume enough AP potions.

just wait since the next part of the Tales collab probably won't have 4 copies of the ssr weapons to trade since its not a rerun

orz
We're doomed. Probably.

It's a dark staff. The Katana will probably be better.
Yeah, I'm definitely MLB'ing the katana. I'll probably try for the staff too, but I'm guessing it won't have another + Dark ATK buff (probably + Dark HP, if I'm guessing right).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Did a couple of pulls with premium currency I ended up getting druing Tales of Asteria's auto grind and got four different 5* pulls.

I wonder where that luck hides while I'm playing games I actually care about.

Top Bottom