• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Quonny

I'm buying one of each of the new event weapons and using them as fodder. People are stockpiling unknown weapons for elements they aren't within a year of using for reasons I don't understand.

I'm likely never going to make a fire team, and a dark team is such a pipedream right now that it'd be silly to save 4 SSR weapons for a possibility. I have my wind team, and I'm planning a light team. Thanks to these two events I already have my two light SSR unknowns. I'm not even close to finishing my wind team, and it'll be 4+ months before I even have a somewhat acceptable light team.

Stockpiling these weapons, blowing half lix and time to get a bunch of weapons you'll probably never actually use is super weird. If you're just going to skip the event, spend the minimal time and effort and get one of each weapon for easy SSR fodder.

The point is that you will end up with more SSR weapons than you need in the first place just by trying to get the "optimal" ones with damage skills.

Getting SSR fodder is trivial in the first place that you don't have to farm unknown weapons if that's what you are looking for.

why even get copies of the ssr weapons if you are going to use them for skill fodder considering how many skill fodder you'll get trying to get the magna weapon of choice

/looks at all the collo katanas i have

why even get copies of the ssr weapons if you aren't going to use them for skill fodder considering how many skill fodder you'll get trying to get the magna weapon of choice

/looks at all the collo katanas i have

I used all the SSR Books I got from the morphe event to get my Hauteclaire to skill level 10.

Here's mine weapons.Was considering going to about 8 magnas...but Luminiera seems intent on not dropping anything so I have to grind for pendents. I have tons of SR luminiera's but even at limit broken level still weaker than my non magna's...
ClAbuSdUoAA0_rl.jpg:large

Grzi

You guys are crazy. My grid only 32 days in. I wonder if I can catch up like that in 30 more days.
e2109592c6.jpg

I don't understand this post. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's an amazing pool to have in just a month of playing the game.

Or is that the joke? :(

Vaettir

I don't understand this post. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's an amazing pool to have in just a month of playing the game.

Or is that the joke? :(

I have no clue. Seeing people with grids that can tackle even harder end game content and MVP some Omegas in two months seem more impressive to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
A lot of it depends on 1) luck and 2) how much you went all-in on Omegafest/Magnafest/whatever it's called nowadays.

Having a maxed +99 is a sight to behold at 30 days though, lol.

Vaettir

A lot of it depends on 1) luck and 2) how much you went all-in on Omegafest/Magnafest/whatever it's called nowadays.

I didn't do too many during that 1/2 event until near the last couple of days. I jumped in Celeste Omega whenever I saw it on my raid list. But using tweetdeck does wonders and I wished I used it more along with the daily twitter refresh. That +99 naturally came in from those boosted +1 draw rates. About 6-8 of the R weaps I got from each crystal drawing were +1s.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Well, keep in mind that I would guess that some of these weapons are not MLB, or even uncapped at all. It's not too crazy to have these weapons if you haven't MLB them.

omlet

Started during magnafes / Sakura Taisen, so 3 weeks ~ish.

Getting 3 MLB event weapons was a nice boost.

Now if I could just do better on gacha than 1 SSR summon and 2 SR characters out of 90 legfes pulls.

With Stahn and Milla as two really promising looking SRs, I may have an all-SR fire team main shortly since Zeta is so..... niche. Depends on how I can do without Zahl's Refresh (which I usually need to get me through boss fights, but maybe won't need if my team is doing better DPT).

anywho it really is all about luck. I haven't had a magna weapon drop for my pool in 3 weeks now? Maybe 4, it's been a while so I can't even keep track of how long it's been.

Kortez

Neo Member
Every time I see someone complaining about a bad weapon pool then they post up an image of a bahamut weapon, and a few +99 omega weapons at skill lvl 10 with a few max unknowns for good measure I wanna scratch my eyes out. This is a actual bad weapon pool, bask in its glory! I bought one of those gloves with pendants so I only got TWO omega drops in all this time, 3 months of playing, now rank 77, farmed every single omega fest since I started. My luck with drops is so bad its actually impressive.

5P0fsFC.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Every time I see someone complaining about a bad weapon pool then they post up an image of a bahamut weapon, and a few +99 omega weapons at skill lvl 10 with a few max unknowns for good measure I wanna scratch my eyes out. This is a actual bad weapon pool, bask in its glory! I bought one of those gloves with pendants so I only got TWO omega drops in all this time, 3 months of playing, now rank 77, farmed every single omega fest since I started. My luck with drops is so bad its actually impressive.

5P0fsFC.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

In my defense, I have never gotten an Omega SSR from a red chest. All of mine are from gold chests. =/

5P0fsFC.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

Oh yeah? Well my strongest weapon is a 1295 attack power MLB SR chevy lumina spear.

Hitting two months now, I think? Rank 83. I made the newbie mistake of combining my colo staves as I got them because I didn't know better.

So that's 8 staves total in my career. Sadly, I didn't take advantage of the last magfest to its fullest since I ended it with 200 berries. Now I'm at 500 berries and I'm raring for the next magfest.

Falk

that puzzling face
In my defense, I have never gotten an Omega SSR from a red chest. All of mine are from gold chests. =/

I read somewhere (and I don't have any empirical evidence) that SSR rates from gold chests and red chests are 1%/15% for red/green/blue/brown and 1%/5% for white/black, so it's far more common to have gotten everything out of gold chests as white/black than the four elements.

Hachitora

Bad weapon pools, eh?

The first one is the weapons based on raw power, the other is the set that the game gives me when I auto select, which seems to be based on fire weapon skills? Tbh I'm a scrublord at this game so idk what's optimal. Though I've been playing for quite some time. Started around the first Tales collab, took a massive break, came back for the rerun of the im@s event (the one with Sachiko) and have been playing since.

Verelios

Wow, 5 gold Animas away from 4th Fire sword and it freaking drops with an hour left to spare. 134 runs. 1.3.4. Runs.

Granblue Fantasy.

Rixa

Remembering those warnings when I started in February (4 months ago) that dark is hard to grind. Then seeing those weapon pools posted here & hearing curses in Discord (Fire especially). Now Iam thinking Dark aint hard at all...
Iam rank 86, been taking GBF lightly last month or so, playing daily tho.

Dark being suffering is a Myth that I dont agree.

Remembering those warnings when I started in February (4 months ago) that dark is hard to grind. Then seeing those weapon pools posted here & hearing curses in Discord (Fire especially). Now Iam thinking Dark aint hard at all...

I started Aprill 11th(so about 2 months ago, though i did have the 70 pull from the previous month) with the english release and went dark despite all the warnings from people that it was the worst element to farm for, I am now rank 82

Yeah, either I have the devils luck, or I'm going to have to agree with you that the myth isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

linkent

No, you automatically pull right after you finish paying for the Star Gacha. It's just a 10-roll, not a ticket.

guess i will wait for surprise ticket then.

new SSR credit to u/sealbutts @ reddit.
Forte (SSR) (Seiyuu: Misawa Sachika)
Element: Dark
Type: Attacker
Race: Draph (we were right haha)
Abilities:
3.5~4.5x Dark damage to enemy (single target)
ATK+ on all allies, ATK- on all enemies
Self crit & DA+
Ougi: Massive dark damage / Next Ability1 will trigger twice.
Support: increases self ATK every turn.

Grzi

Hosted an Omega Colossus raid - got a cane (don't even have a fire team yet).

Hosted an Omega Leviathan raid right afterwards - got a dagger.

Not bad.

h0tp0ck3t

I started Aprill 11th(so about 2 months ago, though i did have the 70 pull from the previous month) with the english release and went dark despite all the warnings from people that it was the worst element to farm for, I am now rank 82

Yeah, either I have the devils luck, or I'm going to have to agree with you that the myth isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I started when game went up with English translation. I have one Celeste Harp. The myth is real

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

This is like someone hitting the lottery and then saying "man, getting rich is easy, I dunno why you guys are poor." :p

Everyone just said that it is HARDER than the other elements, which is, literally, true, since the drop rates on SSR items are lower (or so I'm told). Doesn't mean that it's impossible, and I actually think it's the most popular element in Japan, or so I read.

I have so many dark characters, it should be my next team. Wind is just a lot easier with 2 usable omega weapons.

The light grind has been suffering for me.
Started playing when english was released and i'm only rank 75. Been spending my ap pretty religiously too. I've only ever gotten one gun drop from chev. If it weren't for all the light unknowns from events lately i wouldn't have kept my sanity from this grind.

Ugh!

When are we getting the summer characters!? Don't tell me I'm going to need to pass another LegFes by, my summoning finger is itching. :/

it's not a legfes (no rates up), just new characters fes (they need a name for this)

they will probably hold the usual legfes at the usual end of the month

Started playing when english was released and i'm only rank 75. Been spending my ap pretty religiously too. I've only ever gotten one gun drop from chev. If it weren't for all the light unknowns from events lately i wouldn't have kept my sanity from this grind.

Luminiera Omega drops so much SR's for me and the SSR Summon.

muu

Don't think my light team started being really useful till I was close to a full year of playing. The current endgame setup is basically a full rack of swords, which probably won't happen in your lifetime unless you plan on ponying up for a whole ton of damascus ingots, and will likely be overtaken by something new in the long term.

The game at its current state strongly favors wind teams for all but the most IAP-heavy player, and without significant buffs to fire/earth/water it's going to stay that way. I recommend you take a look at going that route while continuing to build light if you want to get a decent feel for progression.

Top Bottom