• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Rixa

Does that mean she's expensive?

That means, this time @Kiryogi had insane good luck. I made almost 60 pulls (5x10 pulls + single ones) last LegFest when rates were doubled from 3% -> 6%, I did get 0 ssr.

So yeah you can say the character is expensive if you arent super lucky to get it with 12 pulls.

Ultimadrago

That means, this time @Kiryogi had insane good luck. I made almost 60 pulls (5x10 pulls + single ones) last LegFest when rates were doubled from 3% -> 6%, I did get 0 ssr.

So yeah you can say the character is expensive if you arent super lucky to get it with 12 pulls.

Cray Cray.

so i'm not sure what I should focus on for the rest of the event

getting enough mats to get two more copies of the ssr summon (going very slow since I only really do very hard thanks to a lackluster water team) or try and get the ssr axe to drop (still doing very hard as well)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Cd3z5DKUsAA1wwr.jpg:orig

Jacknod.

Yu Narukami

This is driving me crazy. I rerolled 5 times already and I always get the same weapons, summons and that archer guy. Am I doing it wrong?

kiryogi

Banned
This is driving me crazy. I rerolled 5 times already and I always get the same weapons, summons and that archer guy. Am I doing it wrong?

Yuuuup, that roll youre doing is always fixed. You're supposed to roll afterwards with something else. I never did the reroll thing so I'm not sure, but I know you're doing it wrong.

expressioned

Neo Member

Hey there,

Made the exact same mistake as you back when I started rerolling. Are you rerolling during the very first roll during the tutorial or is it after the tutorial?

What you're meant to do is the following:

1. Clear the tutorial (When you get to tutorial/12, you can skip straight to tutorial/32. That helps speed up the process by quite a bit)
2. Claim one ticket from the town by clicking on the 4 icons. The order is top, left, right and bottom. You should receive a ticket from this.
3. Right after the tutorial, you should have received one more ticket as well. This puts you at 2 tickets; this is what you need to be using during your rerolls.

Gizuko

Playing coop while still being low rank is nerve wracking. I always feel I'm dragging the team down (because I am), but the worst part is the lag. Can't even hit the "Ready" button properly.

m33pm33p

Banned
btw, who did you ended up picking for your Start Dash?

Since you bought it already you'll have to use it within a week of purchase.

Ended up picking Alistair (sp?). The water guy with really good buffing. Figure I'll use him, lily and Yoda as my main team for now and build from that.

Gizuko

Well, it's true I'm contributing, it's just that it isn't much most of the time. The rooms are for any rank, so I guess the host expects it anyway.

Okay after 20 rerolls i got an SR chick with dreadlocks and sunglasses. Should i reroll or is she good?

J-J is a boy I think.

Anyway, I wouldn't say he's worth keeping if you're already rerolling. Keep going unless you think he's super cool,

Keep rerolling until you get a SSR.

Not completely true due to the fact that some good 5* SR's exist, but it is a nice guideline.

It's probably best to reroll for a character you think is cool, or for a top tier SSR character. But it depends on your determination, at least you can keep your rerolled accounts in this so you'll always have something to fall back to.

If I start playing the JP version can I use the same account for the English version?

As far as we know, JP version will just get an English language option. So yeah, you'll always be able to use your same account.

Ryoukai

Playing coop while still being low rank is nerve wracking. I always feel I'm dragging the team down (because I am), but the worst part is the lag. Can't even hit the "Ready" button properly.

You''ll get used to it, most players don't even care who joins whether your a high or low rank.
Just don't use Yoda and you'll be fine in co-op rooms.

Vex_

Banned
Personally I'm like being able to read what I'm playing, but I guess the English patch hasn't been released yet. So it's a no go.

chrono01

So after grinding the Cinderella Girls event (on Hard, I can't handle Very Hard yet) I finally managed enough for the SSR summon. Just a single copy, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get Sachiko (I got all of the other girls, including the ones I needed to play the CG game for), but not much can be done. The Extreme quests are just too much for me right now.

My question is this: Do events in GBF ever make a return, and if so, do they share the collected items between them? Basically, can I save/stock-pile the exchange items now so I have less to gather next time? Ideally, I'd like to grab the SSR wind weapon, but I doubt I'll have enough exchange items in time. I might just choose one of the SR weapons if you don't get to keep the earned items for next time.

kiryogi

Banned
So after grinding the Cinderella Girls event (on Hard, I can't handle Very Hard yet) I finally managed enough for the SSR summon. Just a single copy, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get Sachiko (I got all of the other girls, including the ones I needed to play the CG game for), but not much can be done. The Extreme quests are just too much for me right now.

My question is this: Do events in GBF ever make a return, and if so, do they share the collected items between them? Basically, can I save/stock-pile the exchange items now so I have less to gather next time? Ideally, I'd like to grab the SSR wind weapon, but I doubt I'll have enough exchange items in time. I might just choose one of the SR weapons if you don't get to keep the earned items for next time.

Events do rerun, or at least non licensed collabs do. And yes, items can sometimes be shared, as with this event, you can actually go into the old Imas event shop and buy stuff there as it shares the same drops.

chrono01

Events do rerun, or at least non licensed collabs do. And yes, items can sometimes be shared, as with this event, you can actually go into the old Imas event shop and buy stuff there as it shares the same drops.
Thanks, much appreciated! I'll save the event items for a return then. At least it'll give me less to grind, in-regard to the SSR weapons.

Azusa

Don't hope for rerun in granblue. They can rerun it but it could be next year. So farm now and exchange for items when event ends.

chrono01

Don't hope for rerun in granblue. They can rerun it but it could be next year. So farm now and exchange for items when event ends.
No worries, I'll definitely farm whatever I can! I was just curious as to whether these event items would go to waste or not if I didn't spend them. Even if it does take a year, at least I know that there should be further use for them beyond this event, so I'd rather save for something I actually need rather than spend them on things just for the sake of it.

I'm tired of rerolling. It was my first SSR in 30 pulls.
Honestly, I'd wait for Legend Fest at the end of this month/beginning of next month. 6% chance to pull an SSR character, including Legend Fest-exclusive ones. Not only that, if you create your account during that time, you can opt to use your Start Dash Ticket for a Legend Fest-exclusive unit (the ones available at that time).

It's up to you, though!

chrono01

You can always exchange drop items in shop any time. All older event exchange banners are available in shop.
That's really cool, I just learned about that a little earlier on. It definitely lessens the stress of what I should/shouldn't buy, at least with the tokens already earned. Still a useful feature, for sure.

DJIzana

Yu Narukami

No worries, I'll definitely farm whatever I can! I was just curious as to whether these event items would go to waste or not if I didn't spend them. Even if it does take a year, at least I know that there should be further use for them beyond this event, so I'd rather save for something I actually need rather than spend them on things just for the sake of it.

Honestly, I'd wait for Legend Fest at the end of this month/beginning of next month. 6% chance to pull an SSR character, including Legend Fest-exclusive ones. Not only that, if you create your account during that time, you can opt to use your Start Dash Ticket for a Legend Fest-exclusive unit (the ones available at that time).

It's up to you, though!

But if I do that won't I have to restart if my pulls are shitty? I want to play now.

Azusa

I didn't reroll and doing fine. But then you need to drop some money in game. If you want to be f2p as possible then reroll for good SSR character.

chrono01

But if I do that won't I have to restart if my pulls are shitty?
You'll still need to re-roll during that time, but the rates for SSR will be higher and you'll have access to exclusive units. Your Start Dash Ticket you can purchase anytime within the seven days of you starting your account (once you roll something you're happy with). Don't worry if you pass on it though, as it will return around once a month until you do, so there's no real hurry.

Basically, re-roll during Legend Fest for easier-to-obtain SSR characters (and exclusive ones), as well as having a Start Dash Ticket (when you buy it) that's redeemable for all current Legend Fest SSR characters (during the time the account is created). It's better than re-rolling now, but you can keep at it if you're determined.

Top Bottom