• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

I didn't see a paypal option when I checked out the mobage coin bundles, where is it located? I have a credit card but paypal would definitely be preferred.

I used the android app, it's all done via the Google integrated system.

I think you can do the same if you just use an emulator like Bluestacks.

bjork

I'm still going to try this once the english is implemented, it's just been sitting on my phone for a couple weeks now. But I was looking at the JP app store, and there's a flood of one-star reviews. What happened? People angry at gatcha rates or something?

Azusa

I'm still going to try this once the english is implemented, it's just been sitting on my phone for a couple weeks now. But I was looking at the JP app store, and there's a flood of one-star reviews. What happened? People angry at gatcha rates or something?
Yeah, it's about that gatcha story in bloomberg.

Uthred

Anyone manage to get Rage of Bahamut running in Chrome? Figured I might as well slog through it for the collab rewards but it keeps saying browser not supported.

Anyone manage to get Rage of Bahamut running in Chrome? Figured I might as well slog through it for the collab rewards but it keeps saying browser not supported.

It worked for me using dev mode, I have no idea which buttons to press to after I got into the game though.

In the Chrome app I get this:

5fOaQSp.png

DJIzana

What are the chances of their PS4 game halting development because of this scandal or investors backing out?

Really hoping I'll still get to see what Cygames has in store for their PS4 game. I bought the art book and man, there's nothing this stunning out there. I want to see how this will translate in their anime / console game... hope it just won't fall before I get to see them put it out.

BJK

Thanks! It took an Elixer but I managed to get through and unlock the last character. I've been making sure I had them all in my party after unlocking and am close to maxing affinity with the 3 I already unlocked so I'm on a good track for that. Enjoying the game alot so far. I imagine the event would have been alot easier with an earth weapon but I haven't had good luck with those and have yet to acquire one.

Bumping an old update, because this is about where I am on the event. I can farm the Green Pinya (or however its spelled) on Hard difficulty, but just barely. That means I can get the gold and silver statues, but not the red flask-looking drops. (Do those only drop off the V. Hard fight?)

EDIT: Just got my 1st flask from Hard mode, so it's just going to take a long time to grind out.

Content to just play the Chrome App version of the game, and not futz with the phone-version-in-browser method for playing.

chrono01

I can't finish the Cinderella Girls event. I'm on the last battle, and the level 20 green Pinya keeps one-shotting all of my characters for like...1300+ HP. I can't kill him fast enough either, without wasting my friend summon, and if I do I won't be able to kill the actual boss. My core main characters are Level 26-27, is that too low?

Rixa

I can't finish the Cinderella Girls event. I'm on the last battle, and the level 20 green Pinya keeps one-shotting all of my characters for like...1300+ HP. I can't kill him fast enough either, without wasting my friend summon, and if I do I won't be able to kill the actual boss. My core main characters are Level 26-27, is that too low?
Have you tried using custom team. Element that has advantage against boss element + using summon that give +% atk to that element?

Maybe try using different job? Level up characters by doing story missions onwards (the give good exp).

chrono01

Have you tried using custom team. Element that has advantage against boss element + using summon that give +% atk to that element?

Maybe try using different job? Level up characters by doing story missions onwards (the give good exp).
Unfortunately, my team is a mixture of different types right now (Fire, Light, Dark, Water in my main team). I'm working on dark, and grabbing Katarina when I get my Start Dash ticket, but right now it's...difficult.

Anyway, I grinded through it by using an Elixir. I don't mind, since the CG event gave me three of them so I can spare it just to see me unlocking a character I wouldn't otherwise be able to get. I unlocked the "daily" dungeon now, but I'm guessing I won't be strong enough (or even have enough time) to get the items for Sachiko. :(

kiryogi

Banned
Unfortunately, my team is a mixture of different types right now (Fire, Light, Dark, Water in my main team). I'm working on dark, and grabbing Katarina when I get my Start Dash ticket, but right now it's...difficult.

Anyway, I grinded through it by using an Elixir. I don't mind, since the CG event gave me three of them so I can spare it just to see me unlocking a character I wouldn't otherwise be able to get. I unlocked the "daily" dungeon now, but I'm guessing I won't be strong enough (or even have enough time) to get the items for Sachiko. :(

Oooh, in the mean time, if you can, try to get Grande as your friend/support summon, that will elevate your team's damage up dramatically. (100%/200% respectively as long as you run a mixed element team)

Gizuko

Nearly used a rusted sword as fodder (since it dropped from the angel dungeon). Good thing I realised it actually had an attribute and the design didn't match.

I'm not sure I get how you upgrade them, though. Should I level it normally and then limit break them with a magna weapon? Should I level said magna weapon as well?

Nearly used a rusted sword as fodder (since it dropped from the angel dungeon). Good thing I realised it actually had an attribute and the design didn't match.

I'm not sure I get how you upgrade them, though. Should I level it normally and then limit break them with a magna weapon? Should I level said magna weapon as well?

You can't LB rusted weapons with a magna weapon, only the exact same weapon can be used.

If you want to, you can grind Rusted weapons from Proto-bahamut raids. Limit break one fully (i.e. get four copies) and max level it.

After that you only need a Bahamut horn (rare Proto-baha drop) and you can turn it one a useable SR weapon with a very strong skill. Some extra steps allow you to turn it into a SSR.

The dagger and sword are good, mainly because their skills are the most useable (both increase the stats of human characters)

Gizuko

You can't LB rusted weapons with a magna weapon, only the exact same weapon can be used.

If you want to, you can grind Rusted weapons from Proto-bahamut raids. Limit break one fully (i.e. get four copies) and max level it.

After that you only need a Bahamut horn (rare Proto-baha drop) and you can turn it one a useable SR weapon with a very strong skill. Some extra steps allow you to turn it into a SSR.

The dagger and sword are good, mainly because their skills are the most useable (both increase the stats of human characters)

I expected a grind to make it usable, but this means it will be a very long term project. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Guess I'll keep grinding hard unknown monster to get the last SR idol or a decent summon, since I don't dare do the vhard version.

Rixa

I expected a grind to make it usable, but this means it will be a very long term project. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Guess I'll keep grinding hard unknown monster to get the last SR idol or a decent summon, since I don't dare do the vhard version.
Also do remember that to participate to Proto Bahamut you need to be rank 50 or higher.

Azusa

I'll add that until rank 80 bahamut weapons will have reduced stats and overall bahamut weapons aren't good for beginners. Bahamut weapons add +% to damage. If you weapon pool is weak you'll get low +dmg. Maybe lower than just random levelled weapon.

Save all rusted weapons. They not only required to craft bahamut weapon but later on you need them to make a guild war character. For now you can limit break them if you get another copy of the same weapon type.

garath

Guess the Fred summon shards for anniversary is over? Didn't get one yesterday. At least I got one SR char out of them. Not too shabby.

Was able to LB my Ferri again. She's pretty strong now. I just need to finish story chapter 24 to unlock her next skill. Whatever that is.

Gizuko

Oh, I'll save it for now then. It's true my weapon stash is a bit pitiful. Thank you all once again for the input, this game's mechanics aren't easy to grasp.

By the way, how would everyone prioritise ssr? Weapon>summon>character?

So far I was going with summon (because I have the starter ssr and a carbuncle) > characters > weapons, but I read characters are a bit lackluster without decent weapons.

Also, they are translatting the UI! They translated the recommended team button at least.

Azusa

Oh, I'll save it for now then. It's true my weapon stash is a bit pitiful. Thank you all once again for the input, this game's mechanics aren't easy to grasp.

By the way, how would everyone prioritise ssr? Weapon>summon>character?

So far I was going with summon (because I have the starter ssr and a carbuncle) > characters > weapons, but I read characters are a bit lackluster without decent weapons.

Also, they are translatting the UI! They translated the recommended team button at least.

Weapon >>>>>>>>>> everything else. Its your main stats and skills.

Try to get attack weapons. Farm events, multiraids and daily bosses. And if you see "HP" or "VIT" skill - its useless for you.

The best way to get summons is to farm daily bosses.

On 2nd anniversary update they introduced a new daily dungeons: old summon events on 72h rotation. They are very good summons and if you can start farming them. You can exchange dropped items in the shop to get summon / weapons / job points / ap pots / summon fodder / and certificates. However they have removed normal difficulty so it can be a bit hard to start farming it.

The Conquest Bosses which have appeared as Events thus far can now be fought regularly. They’re found in the Extra Quests section and will rotate every 72 hours (3 days). The bosses are: Ifrit, Cocytus, Vohu Manah, Sagittarius, Colow, and Diabolos. A new difficulty, Maniac, has also been added, while Normal difficulty has been removed.

Gizuko

Weapon >>>>>>>>>> everything else. Its your main stats and skills.

Try to get attack weapons. Farm events, multiraids and daily bosses. And if you see "HP" or "VIT" skill - its useless for you.

The best way to get summons is to farm daily bosses.

On 2nd anniversary update they introduced a new daily dungeons: old summon events on 72h rotation. They are very good summons and if you can start farming them. You can exchange dropped items in the shop to get summon / weapons / job points / ap pots / summon fodder / and certificates. However they have removed normal difficulty so it can be a bit hard to start farming it.

Thank you for the write up, I really appreciate your writing this since it seems I have been doing things painfully wrong. I need to start leveling all my (mildly useful) weapons right away.

I think I might be able to beat water bosses (maybe fire as well), so I'll keep that in mind as well.

Uthred

finallyyyyy, got all the damn pink stars I needed

now I need to see how many more mats I need to get enough copies of the fire axe and ssr summon

You can only buy three copies of the axe so you'll need to get lucky with drops. For the SSR summon the cheapest way is to buy two via the shop and two via the event.

You can only buy three copies of the axe so you'll need to get lucky with drops. For the SSR summon the cheapest way is to buy two via the shop and two via the event.

oh yeah, cause i would need 4 copies overall

that's pretty fine, considering even if I get 3 copies of the axe would be a great boon to my team's strength

froliq

Registered last month but only started playing this week for the event. Got a good grasp of the game except for the weapons. Not sure what weapons I should be levelling up.

Also since I started with Yuel, I guess should I be using my anniversary ticket on a fire character and does start dash even return when I've bought the anniversary ticket? Hope to see the english translation soon before I go deep in on story and such.

m33pm33p

Banned
OK all, finally got my start dash to pop again and looking for some advice..My current setup..

Yoda - Main Party
Jeanne D'arc - Main Party
Sara - Main Party
Lily - Secondary Party
Vila - Secondary Party

1) Who should I grab with my Dash Ticket? I'm thinking I need a healer?

2) Should I switch up any character between my main and secondary parties? Main party being the frontline 3 and secondary being the backline 2.

OK all, finally got my start dash to pop again and looking for some advice..My current setup..

Yoda - Main Party
Jeanne D'arc - Main Party
Sara - Main Party
Lily - Secondary Party
Vila - Secondary Party

1) Who should I grab with my Dash Ticket? I'm thinking I need a healer?

2) Should I switch up any character between my main and secondary parties? Main party being the frontline 3 and secondary being the backline 2.

Well, excluding Yoda you have all characters from a different element (assuming your Vira is SSR btw).

I don't see why you shouldn't wait until next month, after LegFest you might have gotten some other SSR characters and then you can Start Dash whoever you're missing.

I mean, you've got Yoda after all so you're already set for the early game, I don't think you'll gain that much more mileage by getting an SSR you can use right now instead of one month down the line.

Better to just make an informed decision next month, or even the month after that, there's no rush.

Ryoukai

Don't know where my friend got this but hype!

9835786.jpeg

99c9cb6.jpeg

Edit: 6 hour maintenance on the 22 this month.
Edit2: It was datamined

Azusa

It would be a bad idea to introduce English right before GW.

During GW no one can join guilds. Also lags.

Translation isn't bad at all. Omega? OK we can continue to call them magnas or we can switch to omega. It doesn't matter at all. It is important that content is the same.

DJIzana

Don't know where my friend got this but hype!

9835786.jpeg

99c9cb6.jpeg

Edit: 6 hour maintenance on the 22 this month.
Edit2: It was datamined

Oh god help me... been waiting for this!!!!!! This will be my first ever truly mobile only game. #HYPE!

Now... just hope the negative controversy (from their gacha system) doesn't affect the release of their console game or the anime.

English version just means more sales for them though, I hope! :D

Ryoukai

It would be a bad idea to introduce English right before GW.

During GW no one can join guilds. Also lags.
Whelp, can't help it. It already seems to be done. The fact that we have a huge maintance only means they're adding a new system of some sort and this was datamined recently. Guild War can be a new event that's beginner friendly, but who knows?

a1e534b.jpeg

9f321e3.jpeg

Ryoukai

Guild War never be beginner friendly. As I said during Guild War no one can create, join or leave guilds.
You don't need a guild to participate in the event. I think it's a good start since guild war can provide the best SSR weapons in the game.

Gizuko

I'm noticing some buttons are showing up in English, they seem to be prioritising the UI. I guess it's less bizarre to see "OK" besides the kanji for cancel or go back than to see some story excerpts in English and some in Japanese.

Azusa

You don't need a guild to participate in the event. I think it's a good start since guild war can provide the best SSR weapons in the game.

Those who started right before GW wont be strong enough to farm it and wont have enough AP pots to get weapons. Also in the initial stage GW weapons are nothing special.

Ryoukai

Those who started right before GW wont be strong enough to farm it and wont have enough AP pots to get weapons. Also in the initial stage GW weapons are nothing special.
You don't need to contribute much in Guild war, you can leech for tickets and medals. There is always an option to farm eyeballs which are accessible to any new player and can host the extreme raids to public. If you think GW weapons are useless, you're wrong. They provide the best stats which is the average 2100 in stats when max limit-break, give ex attack skill, and able to change into any element. They're also easily obtainable throughout the year since usually guild wars occur every month, making it easier for people that couldn't max limit-break the weapon the first time.

MiTYH

Wait, what? When is maintenance? WHEN IS ENGLISH?

EDIT: Oh, I see. 22nd. So far away!

Also, how do we change languages (eventually). IE what's the path navigation?

Quonny

I can't do it. I tried. I installed the game, but the menus are way too confusing without English.

rip my dumb brain

Bring on the 22nd.

Top Bottom