• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Gizuko

I would bet those images and buttons were translated a while ago actually. Going by what happened to the recommended party button, some Japanese words are shorter/longer than their translated counterparts so they might have had to redesign said buttons/stamps (which obviously takes some time).

This is just a wild guess, though, but it'd make no sense to stall the translation's progress for that, and there's no need to hurry the image editing unless they are about done with the rest, so it's a good sign considering all the above.

Didn't they say that a long time ago and they haven't said anything since?

Well as far as I know that's the last update on the matter yeah :/

I've been waiting for the presumed English patch to hit before I start.

Same. I've had the app installed for a little while now but I haven't jumped in yet. If today is not the day, I'll be a little bummed because I'm off tonight, so there's plenty of time to play away. But I'll be happy when I can get it... just happier if it's sooner, heh.

That's me aswell, I know there are plenty of guides out there but I just can't enjoy a game if I can't read it :(

DJIzana

I'll wait until end of March before I start asking on their (and Cygames) Twitter feed. March still isn't over just yet! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!

kiryogi didn't lie

-------

Oh btw, GAFCypher Guild is filled up, RIP newer players

Someone might want to create another guild for GAF/lurkers who are going to start when English hits.

Nice thing is that you'll have at least a few months to think of a nice name :^)

chrono01

-------

Oh btw, GAFCypher Guild is filled up, RIP newer players

Someone might want to create another guild for GAF/lurkers who are going to start when English hits.

Nice thing is that you'll have at least a few months to think of a nice name :^)
I was just going to ask for an invite to the guild, now that I've gained rank over the weekend. I didn't know they had such a lower limit. Oh well, punishment for procrastination, I guess. :/

Yaari

Yeah the 30 player limit is incredibly low. Oh well, most of the fun is in the Discord App anyway. There's not much to see in the guild. Just KenjiGlove begging for rupees.

Thirty is a fine number, any more and it would be super hard to coordinate with so many people (30 is already hard enough).

I'd rather have them be smaller so that it's easier to keep everyone under my thumb guide and help.

kiryogi

Banned
kirkir confirmed pathological liar

burn the witch

D:

image.php

chrono01

Yeah the 30 player limit is incredibly low. Oh well, most of the fun is in the Discord App anyway. There's not much to see in the guild. Just KenjiGlove begging for rupees.
Wow, only 30? That's...very low, for some reason I was thinking it would be AT LEAST 50. :(

Thirty is a fine number, any more and it would be super hard to coordinate with so many people (30 is already hard enough).

I'd rather have them be smaller so that it's easier to keep everyone under my thumb guide and help.
Haha, fair enough! In any case, if there's a waiting list for the guild, feel free to add me to it (in case any of the current members decide to quit, for whatever reason).

Quonny

Tempted to just tinker and just try to play the game in Japanese now.
I tried. I really did. But I just can't get a grip on it. What I want to do really is just reroll repeatedly until I get a good unit then wait until English to actually play it, but all the guides I found about rerolling have screen grabs that look nothing like what I'm seeing when I try to make a new account, so I just give up.

kiryogi

Banned
More assets, but the interesting thing is GW assets are not translated. So probably not getting anything during GW. That said, the Crew Chest is really new, so clearly they're adding english assets during each maint.

Gizuko

I tried. I really did. But I just can't get a grip on it. What I want to do really is just reroll repeatedly until I get a good unit then wait until English to actually play it, but all the guides I found about rerolling have screen grabs that look nothing like what I'm seeing when I try to make a new account, so I just give up.

Have you tried this one? https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

It's pretty straightforward about everything, and pretty clear on how to use dev mode.

You can check this other guide too, there's a section full of UI translations (with pics!) in case you get lost once ingame (accessing the gacha etc): http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/240/granblue-fantasy-ultimate-guide

kiryogi

Banned

A few other GAFers might be able to help you out, we have some folks that just freshly joined that have been at the reroll game and now they're actually playing.

Folks should join us in the Discord text chat for comprehensive live help and chatter. ;d

Ranmo

A few other GAFers might be able to help you out, we have some folks that just freshly joined that have been at the reroll game and now they're actually playing.

Folks should join us in the Discord text chat for comprehensive live help and chatter. ;d

I think I'll do this. Only thing I'm concerned with is the re-rolling battle.

Ranmo

So I'm tackling the JP version of the game. I mostly got weapons on my rolls following that guide. But I got one SSR character. Only one character, but I'm guessing I'm good to go with this account?

W94Gm8K.jpg

Not sure if optimally I'm supposed to be going for more than one.

So I'm tackling the JP version of the game. I mostly got weapons on my rolls following that guide. But I got one SSR character. Only one character, but I'm guessing I'm good to go with this account?

You poor, poor thing. The character, not you.

kiryogi

Banned

W94Gm8K.jpg

Reroll. She's a mid/end game char if that, as you'll need certain units to support her. She gets a massive 1 turn debuff if she gets hits.

Ranmo

Reroll. She's a mid/end game char if that, as you'll need certain units to support her. She gets a massive 1 turn debuff if she gets hits.

Ah, ok. She seemed really cool too. I liked the chainsaw. Guess I know what I'm doing during lunch break at work tomorrow. Rerolls!

Rixa

My hunt for new main summon started nicely. Second run on Very Hard difficulty:
3 More to go, lets see if I get the mats first for buying these or the rest from drops. Time to burn some ½ pots.
That dropped when Diablo had 2 Treasure Hunts on.

Yu Narukami

Something weird is happening with my game. I choose an island with a number next to it. But when I'm at the quest screen there are no quests and the same thing happens with other islands. I already tried to close the app but when I open it there are still no quests.

Gizuko

Finally got Dark Fencer and a weapon pool full of SR weapons!

Nothing too out there, as Chevalier only ever graces me with +hp weapons and I have barely enough to use them (although that includes a SSR staff), but good enough as a milestone.

Nothing too out there, as Chevalier only ever graces me with +hp weapons and I have barely enough to use them (although that includes a SSR staff), but good enough as a milestone.

Keep it up! Progression is super satisfying. I've been in 2 months now and have a pool of slvl10 stuff. Never thought I'd be able to MVP magnas, but there you go. Now I get to beg colo to drop staves so I can MLB my pool.

Rixa

Fyi: Sad thing with Chevalier (Light) and Celeste (Dark) Magnas is, that all SR weapons they drop are +HP. You need to get those sweet SSR weapons, so keep grinding ;).

Gizuko

Keep it up! Progression is super satisfying. I've been in 2 months now and have a pool of slvl10 stuff. Never thought I'd be able to MVP magnas, but there you go. Now I get to beg colo to drop staves so I can MLB my pool.

Yeah, I don't know wether it's due to no party cost system or due to the fact that every little step helps, but this is very satisfying. I'm going to try to clear those event bosses on a 3-day rotation next.

Fyi: Sad thing with Chevalier (Light) and Celeste (Dark) Magnas is, that all SR weapons they drop are +HP. You need to get those sweet SSR weapons, so keep grinding ;).

So they are fixed? That's actually a good thing, I was wondering wether I had really bad luck or it was just meant to be that way. In any case, the SR spear was a pretty good match for the fortress class, so it was alright in my book.

garath

I've still never seen higher than an SR weapon drop from any of the multi battles I've done :( must be pretty rare.

Ranking up is pretty slow going now. I've been in the 30s for a couple weeks now. Spent a lot of AP grinding the event.

Rixa

Talking about SR's. To get Lucius 5* you need:

- Get it to max level 70
- Do 3x30 ap Fate episode
- Battle 3/3 is not easy (I managed with 2nd try when I used Dark Fencer)
- Get the rupee (money)
- Get the items

Still missing some items & rupee. Rupee is not the hard part, you can easily get it more via coop and selling coins that coop drops (or those coop items that are 5k priced if you dont want to use them to coop item crafting).

Obviously SSR's 5* is even more difficult task.

Top Bottom