• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Ultimadrago

This dagger?
2fcced07957019548b3543099ff9dee1.png

That dagger!

Falk

that puzzling face
Joker expressly disqualifies a Royal Straight Flush, but nothing else.

The actual answer:
Straight Flush is a 25x payout
Royal Straight Flush is a 250x payout

Getting a J club would be a lower than 1-in-10 chance. Hence discarding the Joker would mean a <10% chance to multiply the payout tenfold, which is a losing proposition from a pure odds standpoint. Also not to mention in both cases the cap is still 1.5M payout.

Ultimadrago

Joker expressly disqualifies a Royal Straight Flush, but nothing else.

The actual answer:
Straight Flush is a 25x payout
Royal Straight Flush is a 250x payout

Getting a J club would be a lower than 1-in-10 chance. Hence discarding the Joker would mean a <10% chance to multiply the payout tenfold, which is a losing proposition from a pure odds standpoint. Also not to mention in both cases the cap is still 1.5M payout.

So what did you do?

Li Kao

Ok so after getting the 10k dagger that boost honor during event I worked a littler more in order to get another 10k weapon. But they don't seem so enticing, what shoul I choose GAF ?

Anemoi Silver Lyre - Skill XP+
It's a skill so it should work even in the weapon pool, right ? But on the other hand I can't say EXP is so hard to get in this game. Maybe it will become incredibly longer to advance in levels ?

Broadsword of Earth - Boost DEF for earth ch and HP for all
Not really interested at first glance

Septian Burner - Drop rate + if equipped
Need to be a main weapon ? Meh :-/

So which one ? Or another thing maybe ?

Goroh

Ok so after getting the 10k dagger that boost honor during event I worked a littler more in order to get another 10k weapon. But they don't seem so enticing, what shoul I choose GAF ?

It's a skill so it should work even in the weapon pool, right ? But on the other hand I can't say EXP is so hard to get in this game. Maybe it will become incredibly longer to advance in levels ?

Those weapons are useless outside of being fodder. If you can't choose an elemental weapon of the stronger ones, just get all potions/seeds/etc. and conserve points till you have a favorite element. Points remain between runs of this event, spend only if you are at the limit.

I got multiple copies of many of them. Useful for skilling up SSR weapons or Baha weapons

Sheiter

Seconding the suggestion to spend your points on the pots/berries/certs. Otherwise if you want to, they stay between events so you could just save them for the next time celestials comes back.

Rarutos

It's not really worth doing Monday's trials because they don't include Very Hard. You should do the Oblivion Trial when it pops into rotation (if you can), or the Scarlet Trial on whatever day it was (I think Tuesdays?).

I needed 50 Abysm Orbs too and I just traded up my lesser orbs every day in the Shop, and did Oblivion Trial when it was up and got them eventually. Though Oblivion Trial only gave me 1-2 a run... Not really worth it outside of half AP unless you're going for scales too. Or I might just have bad luck, maybe.

omlet

What element are you mainly playing right now? The fire katana and the earth fist are both good weapons to grab for those elements. From what I have heard, the water axe and wind weapon are also good for early/mid game, though depending on luck and how much you play you may progress past the point of getting a lot of long-term value out of them.

Pics_nao

Grinding Tier 1 Orbs.

[/QUOTE]

I feel like dying trying to grind abysm orbs. If I'm lucky I'll get one per run. More often than not I don't get one. And I have to do this 50 times. Thankfully I had some stones to just straight up buy some to uncap Vira. Now I need to get 50 more to uncap Lady Grey.

Ranmo

I want Summer Zeta so bad. I'm tempted to throw money on rolls.

Also thanks for the Vol. 8 link. Went ahead and snagged that.

Li Kao

Got SSR Petra on my free draw yesterday ! Fist "team staple" character on the tier list ! And she's wind so the wind and dark teams keep growing nicely (Lennah/Petra and Danua/Cerberus).

Now I know it's an OCD question, but does Petra appear in the story ? Her fate episode summary seems to imply so.

Li Kao

So the only use of rusted weapons involve leveling them to 100 and *insert grindy thing* ?
I've got some double and without reading too much into the exact process yet, would I be wrong to fuse them together ?

So the only use of rusted weapons involve leveling them to 100 and *insert grindy thing* ?
I've got some double and without reading too much into the exact process yet, would I be wrong to fuse them together ?

If you don't fuse them together you can't level them up to 75(!) ;)

------

To be more precise

Guild War Weapon (element change)

Fully uncap and max level your rusted weapon and throw in these things, the first two items depend on the element that you want for your GW weapon.

------

Bahamut Weapon

Fully uncap and max level your rusted weapon, after that gather a horn from Proto Bahamut. (You can get one for hosting him for the first time.

After that you'll have to max the Skill level of your new weapon (very hard!), gather some dragon scales and more horns (also annoying!) and you're done.

Outside of that I can't really come up with a use for Rusted weapons unless I'm forgetting about something important.

Uthred

New event seems fairly straightforward, Water weapons seem a bit rubbish, probably try and MLB the Cerberus Dagger and leave it at that

I can farm decently new event with light team but I don't have a dark team.
I've a nice water team but I've shitty earth team so it's not easy for me to farm, orz.

But reading comment above me above water ele weapon, I mgh just skip it then.

Well I might be wrong about the water weapons, their skills just didnt strike me as that good. I'm sort of the reverse of your situation, I have a dark team but no real light team to farm and I have an ok earth team but no real water team ;)

Chaos17

I can farm decently new event with light team but I don't have a dark team.
I've a nice water team but I've shitty earth team so it's not easy for me to farm, orz.

But reading comment above me above water ele weapon, I mgh just skip it then.

Edit: it wasn't mad idea to try doing omega instead of the event, first time I get that summon.

Cp-_T0YWYAAAN1K.jpg

Well I might be wrong about the water weapons, their skills just didnt strike me as that good. I'm sort of the reverse of your situation, I have a dark team but no real light team to farm and I have an ok earth team but no real water team ;)
As you can see my earth team is... I don't lnow I can't find balance between by earth chars and for making things worst, I've not been blessed with earth weapons so I'm kidda shitty with earth for solo farm, lol

Edit: here're my earth chars, I don't know if I picked the right char for my team, I just tried to pu the chars that have better ranking in tier list -.-'
Cp_A6FNXYAAOM47.jpg

So I don't know if I made the right choices (Narumya is just there to leech exp XD)

Top Bottom