• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

bye cerbeus and fenrir, you were fun to punch for a day

CqCa50CXYAARwDl.jpg

new summer character to come out tomorrow
who could it beeeeeee

So as a fairly new player, I'm curious: what can I realistically expect to get out of this Cerb/Fenrir event? I can clear the hards easily enough and I suspect I could even hang with the VH modes at this point, but that might be dicey/depend on what I get as support summons.

Ideally I'd like to get the summons themselves because what I really need right now are some good anchor summons for teams, and while I know Cerb and Fenrir aren't top-tier they're a damn sight better than all my SR summons. It seems like getting the materials for even one from just Hard or VH might be a bit rough, though. Fenrir's been generous so far but I fully expect that worm to turn.

Still enjoying the game, too - I did manage to squeeze some Four Beasts participation in, and I'll easily have 6000+ crystals saved up for Legfest. I should probably save the Premium Ticket I get tomorrow for that as well, shouldn't I?

Chaos17

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=9316

Are you ready for 3 week of 1/2 AP & BP?
Magfes is on!

Nice!

Magnafest is finally starting tomorrow and they increase the daily raids limit to five... Where the free time go
Yeasss!!

So as a fairly new player, I'm curious: what can I realistically expect to get out of this Cerb/Fenrir event? I can clear the hards easily enough and I suspect I could even hang with the VH modes at this point, but that might be dicey/depend on what I get as support summons.

Ideally I'd like to get the summons themselves because what I really need right now are some good anchor summons for teams, and while I know Cerb and Fenrir aren't top-tier they're a damn sight better than all my SR summons. It seems like getting the materials for even one from just Hard or VH might be a bit rough, though. Fenrir's been generous so far but I fully expect that worm to turn.

Still enjoying the game, too - I did manage to squeeze some Four Beasts participation in, and I'll easily have 6000+ crystals saved up for Legfest. I should probably save the Premium Ticket I get tomorrow for that as well, shouldn't I?

1. I'm not an old player but I will tell you do not have to bother yourself with the event too much because tomorow we will get a discount to farm/leech any raids and omega raids weapons are a must have in general. You will probably also get 1 or 2 summons too. Because omega raids guarantee you 4 golden treasures boxes whatever your ranking is.

2. It is adviced to not draw outside of legfest but seriously it's totaly random, I've seen people use 3-4 x 10 pulls (3K crytals) and got 0 SSR during legfest.
So it's your choice (tho, it doesn't hurt to wait) but be sure to always use 3k crystals because at least you've a guarantee SR.
Me, I will probably start to pull outside of legfest because I want to complete my teams with some specific chars.

Falk

that puzzling face
2. It is adviced to not draw outside of legfest but seriously it's totaly random, I've seen people use 3-4 x 10 pulls (3K crytals) and got 0 SSR during legfest.

You could assume that with the exact same luck/rolls/whatever euphemism you subscribe too, however they're handled server side, outside of legfest would also have been 0 SSR anyway.

Playing the numbers game in gacha isn't about guarantees. It's about maximizing chances.

You should expect that it will be fairly easy to get one copy of an event SSR weapon or summon, but very hard to get multiple copies and max level break them. Much easier for SR weapons. If you're still pretty new just getting one SSR or 3-starring a SR weapon should still be helpful to you, even if most people will just write that off as upgrade fodder.

Kohak

Neo Member

You can probably get enough materials to make either the dagger or the axe depending on what you want. It is most likely impossible for you to nab the newer weapons as those require clearing the nightmare difficulties. From what I have heard, the dagger is fairly good for dark pools when max limit broken. Though it might take quite a while to farm the mats due to the lower amount of drops for low difficulties. The summons might be okay to replace your current SR summons. Especially if they actually help power up your team.

I don't know what characters you have but saving all your rolls for a legfest isn't usually a bad idea when starting out. Just pray you do not get screwed over by the whims of the RNGoddess.

Anyways, hope you get flips to lessen the grind. Enjoy Grindblue Fantasy mate. It is a long ride.

You should expect that it will be fairly easy to get one copy of an event SSR weapon or summon, but very hard to get multiple copies and max level break them. Much easier for SR weapons. If you're still pretty new just getting one SSR or 3-starring a SR weapon should still be helpful to you, even if most people will just write that off as upgrade fodder.

You can probably get enough materials to make either the dagger or the axe depending on what you want. It is most likely impossible for you to nab the newer weapons as those require clearing the nightmare difficulties. From what I have heard, the dagger is fairly good for dark pools when max limit broken. Though it might take quite a while to farm the mats due to the lower amount of drops for low difficulties. The summons might be okay to replace your current SR summons. Especially if they actually help power up your team.

I'm pretty much at the stage still where SSR anything is a big help - so the axe and dagger would be pretty good, yeah. Ditto the Fenrir summon - while the Cerb summon is kind of pants, Fenrir would be a good place to start on building a Water team.

I'll see what I end up scrounging up - the Fenrir axe is definitely doable, and we'll see about the summon. Also lol I was not ready for Very Hard just yet. Gonna need some kinda better gear/a better 4th member for Earth Team for that.

Oh, and thanks for confirming how the other SSR weapons worked dropwise, I was curious.

Anyway, thanks dudes!

Another very newbie question though - are there any limits on aura stacking between your own main summon and a friend support summon? Like, is it possible to have an Athena, pick another Athena, and they'll stack cleanly?

Falk

that puzzling face
They do stack additively.

The big catch (and there's a lot of nuance being obfuscated by this statement) is that there are a few multipliers that stack multiplicative vs each other, and just by simple maths it's really hard to get an additive stack to outperform a multiplicative one.

However, those other parts of the equation do rely on you having something of a decent weapon pool since they all affect skills rather than being a straight out % buff

I'm able to farm VH for Cerberus really easily, can't manage Extreme though. Should be able to get most of the items except the one that needs the ribbon. Not too bad.

And I guess i'll be leeching quite a few raids tomorrow. Already picked up one SSR summon and a SSR gun from random joins.

omlet

1. I'm not an old player but I will tell you do not have to bother yourself with the event too much because tomorow we will get a discount to farm/leech any raids and omega raids weapons are a must have in general. You will probably also get 1 or 2 summons too. Because omega raids guarantee you 4 golden treasures boxes whatever your ranking is.
Need to point out the bolded is misleading and also simply not true. While 4 chests is normal, you can occasionally get as few as 2 gold chests from omegas even with full participation credit. Also, the usual 4 gold chests will not contain SSRs, anyway. They will be a mixture of SRs, exp fodder and other materials (useful eventually but not as a new player). Gotta hunt for those very rare gold chests that flip quickly in midair when they pop out (aka "flips"). Those are the ones that have the goods.

As for the event, the event summons are worth grabbing as a new player, but long term I'm not sure how valuable they are. I wouldn't advise you spend tons of pots for the summons. Cerb, at least, is not great for dark when you consider the ease of getting MLB Celeste and Diablos, and the power that some gacha luck can provide (Olivia, Odin, Bahamut). Maybe Fenrir is good for water, but I don't play water so I don't keep up with their meta closely. If nothing else, they're SSR summons so their pure HP/ATK boosts provided will outperform non-SSR summons.

Yeah I am going to say grinding events like this as a new player is a losing proposition. You might not get enough drops to fully uncap a weapon or a summon.

It's better to farm hard and omega raids to build up a weapon/resource pool for your self starting tomorrow.

Goroh

A word of advice: the new bow from fenrir is VERY good for water. It's highly recommended to farm one and 4star it for everyone serious about their water team.

Uthred

Yeah I am going to say grinding events like this as a new player is a losing proposition. You might not get enough drops to fully uncap a weapon or a summon.

It's better to farm hard and omega raids to build up a weapon/resource pool for your self starting tomorrow.

I wouldnt say go all out on grinding them but it could be a good idea to burn some AP on them just to get the various certs which can be tough to get as a new player

Thats it, thanks

Is there another way to uncap the event summon/weapons other than use bricks/stones? You can only get 1 from the event, right?

MSMrRound

CqCa50CXYAARwDl.jpg

new summer character to come out tomorrow
who could it beeeeeee

Summer Zoey exclusive to JPN credit card holders.

RIP.

Magfest. I'm preparing myself to start clicking those "pending battles" screen, cuz omegas will pretty much get one shotted by others even before I have a single chance to hit ._.

Is there another way to uncap the event summon/weapons other than use bricks/stones? You can only get 1 from the event, right?
No, you can get several from the event but the cost usually goes up with each new copy you buy. For example for this event 4 copies of the old weapon can be bought, for the new weapon only 3. There is also a chance that the bosses will drop weapons or summons.

No, you can get several from the event but the cost usually goes up with each new copy you buy. For example for this event 4 copies of the old weapon can be bought, for the new weapon only 3. There is also a chance that the bosses will drop weapons or summons.

Oh nice, must've misread that. I'll try and see how much I can grind through.

dennism

full party break assassin is crazyyyyyy

it's a little funny hearing that the producers do acknowledge that wind is op at the bottom of the article after they released a very op upgrade to a wind unit

"this is the last op unit, we promise!"

man fenrir lv120 is rough, that hrootvinir just shreds my entire team, and it removes all her debuffs and gives her an attack buff, so op. lunar cry deals decent damage and gives her atk/da/ta buff as well.. cerb's so weak in comparison..

Chaos17

I think a new player ought to just wait until the event end of the month, at least events give you the token draw, badge rewards, and honor credits rewards, and usually have good SR's and SSRs.

I like this kind of events with those rewards so much loot and get also usualy free SR char (some are quite decent/good for beginners) *_*

So in comparison with the four main elements, where do Light & Dark stand exactly in terms of power? I am trying to be objective here and get a stance of everything being taken into account (characters, their abilities, summons, weapon pool, etc) but I've only been playing for a few months and don't pay much attention to the power curve or introduction of new summons/weapons, etc

1. Wind
  2. Water
  3. Dark
  4. Light/Earth?
  5. Fire

EDIT: Also, why do the devs state they are trying to put the elements in line with power-curve compared to dark/light? I thought those elements were under-powered and incredibly difficult to grind for.

EDIT: Also, why do the devs state they are trying to put the elements in line with power-curve compared to dark/light? I thought those elements were under-powered and incredibly difficult to grind for.

Light and dark are supposed to be the strongest elements.

Light and dark ignore the advantage/disadvantage of the other 4 elements so that makes them more useful/all purpose. Their biggest damage summons add 120% buff instead of 80% like other elements. Light has the strongest end game weapons with swords, that have 2 attack buff skills.

omlet

So in comparison with the four main elements, where do Light & Dark stand exactly in terms of power? I am trying to be objective here and get a stance of everything being taken into account (characters, their abilities, summons, weapon pool, etc) but I've only been playing for a few months and don't pay much attention to the power curve or introduction of new summons/weapons, etc

1. Wind
  2. Water
  3. Dark
  4. Light/Earth?
  5. Fire

Dark and light are hard to grind for because they are very strong. Getting a strong dark or light grid (let's define that as a full grid of 3* MLB SSR weapons for simplicity) takes more work, generally, than it does to get the equivalent from the other four elements. Dark gets celeste axes which have really high max attack, and light gets lumi swords, the most broken weapon in the game. So broken that cygames limited them to 4 per account, ever, from renown shop, rather than 2 per month like any other omega weapon. Dark and Light also never have an elemental disadvantage. Dark and Light also have the strongest summons.

The main reason dark or light might be considered weak is their team comps might be considered less flexible, their best summons are hard to get, and it takes longer to get a good grid, so wind grid with 2 months of investment is likely to be a lot stronger than a light grid with 2 months of investment.

Wind is considered pretty absurd because Tiamat omega is the weakest omega, Anat is the easiest 80% summon to get, Wind carbuncles are obtainable without gacha luck, and wind has some amazing ssr character party synergy. Wind's main weapon is generally tiamat gun and guns have great stats. It's called windmeme for good reason.

Earth can be strong but has an elemental disadvantage against the "intro" omega (tiamat). Earth also, generally, gets a lot of its damage by building up for ougi burst damage, vs spamming damage skills or setting up disgusting buff->auto->win teams.

I'm not too sure about water. Except they have Yoda and some other really good SSRs. Seems like water is not that popular but I don't think it's because water is weak.

Finally, fire, which everyone likes to say is the weakest. And it is, generally. Not only are colossus staves low on their max stats, colossus is one of the tougher of the 4 elemental omegas to fight, for comparatively bad rewards. It's not all gloom and doom in fire land, though. Fire has some good characters, including plenty of Erune. Also this year fire was blessed with lots of event weapons, and good ones, at that, so getting off the ground was more a matter of effort than luck. (Fire is my strongest team right now as a result.)

The problem that especially plagues fire and earth is that both of these teams are "slow" in battle. While this doesn't really matter when you're soloing stuff, you have to remember that a very large chunk of GBF is actually more like an MMO. DPS races are key to getting that MVP or vice-MVP score on raids which grants extra treasure chests. Ougis take a long time to activate because of the animations, which hurts ougi-centric earth teams, and fire gets a lot of its damage from active skills which can be nice while soloing (you can crap out some nice damage without giving the boss a turn) but add a lot of time to your turns, thus lowering your overall DPS compared to a team that can keep high uptime of multi-attack buffs with echo damage. There are ways both earth and fire can work around this to an extent.

In just terms of raw power with endgame setups, an overall ranking probably is something like Light > Dark > Wind > Water > Earth > Fire, but you also have to consider a lot of other factors, like the element of the boss you're facing, the party comp you're using, and the accessibility of building a strong party of that element. If your goal is just to get strong in a hurry, go wind. If you don't mind the long ride, pick whatever element you like and you can make it strong in the long run.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would say all the recent dark weapons being given from events make building a dark grid incredibly bearable. I have a rock solid dark weapon grid.

cress2000

I hate that Extreme Cerberus doesn't enter break made until her last bit of health (if she's not killed by charge attacks). I can't really take advantage of summer Zeta's break mode annihilation :\

Pics_nao

Why is creed farming so soul crushing? Two different lobbies today and only managed to get one in each with max treasure boosting after 45-50 minutes

Top Bottom