• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

garath

Wind team is complete outside of two skill levels and fully uncapping all my guns (yes, I know that means it's not really close, but still).

I have a light team, should I start using my renown on light weapons to build that up? And it's the sword you buy, right?

Are all your guns 3*? When I think fully uncapped think 4* which is a whole new layer of crazy.

But if your guns aren't all 3* yet then I'd strongly suggest sticking it out. Keep getting guns, keep farming tiamat. Finish the pool. There's a pretty significant power difference between a bunch of 1* slvl 10 guns and a bunch of 3* slvl 10 guns.

I made that decision myself and it took an extra month or two but worth it IMO. My wind pool is pretty good now.

Jindrael

Banned
Star legend decided to be really generous for me!

.eJwVyUEOgyAQAMC_cGfZXVCI3-gDDEWCNioEtqemf2861_modz_VonaRNhZjtmOk2jcYUnssGUqt5cyxHQNSvUwUiWm_8i3D0GQZgwvM3gbG2bNhsoiO2Hoi63ByzjxSz_kee5WVkWaNQRNqRu1I47S-GlzPEiHSfxE9nIdkaHdR3x80zi69.ce7-vIRT0xyVK5n4Rzrau-XOmr4.png

I guess my decision to go dark has now been fully acknowledged by the game! :D

Li Kao

Hmm, so I don't think I have it in me to farm the event for gold nuggets, so that's one thing.
And globally this event bore me to death.

That being said, I have enough Honor (10 000) to buy the Dagger (Flohrenberk), is it a good investment ? I mean the other weapons are 30 000 so that one seems fishy, but at lvl 100 it boost the honor gained during event, seems really good, no ?
What do you think ? Dagger or continue farming for a 30 000 weapon ? (knowing that I'm still a noob with a mixed color SSR team)

And am I wrong in thinking that this lvl 100 boost will be activated when the weapon is in the weapon pool ? No need to main it ?

Velinos

Hmm, so I don't think I have it in me to farm the event for gold nuggets, so that's one thing.

That being said, I have enough Honor (10 000) to buy the Dagger (Flohrenberk), is it a good investment ? I mean the other weapons are 30 000 so that one seems fishy, but at lvl 100 it boost the honor gained during event, seems really good, no ?
What do you think ? Dagger or continue farming for a 30 000 weapon ? (knowing that I'm still a noob with a mixed color SSR team)

And am I wrong in thinking that this lvl 100 boost will be activated when the weapon is in the weapon pool ? No need to main it ?

Go for the dagger, the honor boost will help in other events. You are correct that you still get the honor boost if it is not your main.

Sheiter

The dagger is definately the best investment if you're newer and havn't really decided on a main element yet. The point gain bonus will help you in story events and the unite and fight event.

Pics_nao

Wait, the dagger gives bonus points during the story? How and what're you even getting points for during the story?

Speaking of which? I've been stuck on chapter 61 for a week now.

story events = scenario events

like the last three summer events where get points from doing fights/raids

the dagger will boost those points gained

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait, the dagger gives bonus points during the story? How and what're you even getting points for during the story?

Speaking of which? I've been stuck on chapter 61 for a week now.

You're going to be stuck between there and 62 till you can solo Omegas really.

edit: I am a bad person

vsAFJfl.png

I love the bday voiced messages from characters today. if only sr stan was real Id love him to give me a backrub and SR Feather too. I wish SSR Alberts was longer. And summer De la Fille was nice.

Vrym made me laugh.

demidar

What do you guys think of Summer Heles' skills? Any good?

She seems okay. At first, guaranteed triple attacks (and 1-hit counter) and Overdrive Assassin effect work well together, but to be honest you'd want to spend Overdrive Assassin on a Chain Attack instead, so that skill is kind of a waste. Charm is pretty good though, but another attack skill would be preferable (well she is Balanced).

Ultimadrago

So nice to not bother with Celestial this time around. I've been spending more time taking advantagr of the 1/2 AP special missions. It should pay off down the line (as much as Granblue can anyways).

Is Dark Fencer worth spending Extended Mastery in, or is it more of a 'early game' class and I shouldn't bother?

Had a SSR summon drop while leaching an Omega raid. I'm pretty ok with this.

Also, where is the best place to rank up?

Uthred

Is Dark Fencer worth spending Extended Mastery in, or is it more of a 'early game' class and I shouldn't bother?

Had a SSR summon drop while leaching an Omega raid. I'm pretty ok with this.

Also, where is the best place to rank up?

You will be using Dark Fencer for literally months

omlet

Spend the points, at least on atk+, debuff+, double attack rate+. You won't regret it unless you play really casually, don't solo much, and call for help as soon as you start any multi-raid (thus giving up MVP). Even if you beeline for Chaos Lewder when it's released, chances are you're weeks, if not months, away form unlocking it.

Li Kao

I'm so tempted to burn some crystals on gacha, but I know I won't obtain shit and should wait for legfest.
My free draw got me Cerberus. Hey it's only my second one described as just waifu material in the tier list. I think the game is trying to tell me something.

Hey all, just to be sure, this method of rerolling still works, right?

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php/Rerolling

Either I'm doing the email salting wrong (which is weird because the first email I used was also salted), or something else is going on; either way, I'm not getting subsequent account verification codes in my email.

edit: n/m, herpaderp spam filter

Hey all, just to be sure, this method of rerolling still works, right?

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php/Rerolling

Either I'm doing the email salting wrong (which is weird because the first email I used was also salted), or something else is going on; either way, I'm not getting subsequent account verification codes in my email.

After 10 or so accounts, they block you from making new accounts. I think you have to do some vpn or IP changing stuff to keep rerolling after that point.

massive improvement over her regular version for sure
crazy long cooldowns though lol

She seems okay. At first, guaranteed triple attacks (and 1-hit counter) and Overdrive Assassin effect work well together, but to be honest you'd want to spend Overdrive Assassin on a Chain Attack instead, so that skill is kind of a waste. Charm is pretty good though, but another attack skill would be preferable (well she is Balanced).
Yeah, she doesn't seem too great but not really trash either. I just love her design (both regular and summer) so at least she seems usable.

After 10 or so accounts, they block you from making new accounts. I think you have to do some vpn or IP changing stuff to keep rerolling after that point.

Fair enough, I'll note any accounts I might want to keep. (My first serious one netted me the R-quality summer event girl currently going - she's only R but that's still like hmmmmmm
emot-v.gif
)

Also, I'm actually impressed by the beginner offer they have going - unless I'm mis-reading, pay basically the price of a 'normal' game purchase, and in exchange you get a 10-pull AND just straight-up a wai SSR character of your choice. Granted if they want people to experience the content linked to these characters they need to do stuff like this, but that's still a lot more generous than many games I've seen and seems like a good deal, especially if you have a character you rather want (and admittedly, I do).

EDIT: Hey, I drew an SSR off the non-ticket daily free!

... it's Delafille.
emot-v.gif
Noting this account for sure but man, I feel vaguely trolled atm.

EDIT AGAIN: ... what the fuck I also drew the Athena summon

I am thinking I should just keep this one

EVEN FURTHER EDIT: It's Summer Fille, actually, so she's solid instead of pure garbage

Gonna reroll once or twice more but I'm thinking I can't really do much better

The thing to keep in mind is that you need more than one character to make a difference, or one specific character like Yoda. So being able to buy one character isn't game breaking or an easy ride straight to end game.

Top Bottom