• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Gizuko

Free stuff is always great news!

Thank you for pitching in Kenji, I honestly was only going for the free crystals since I can't solo/compete for points on Hard Ygg yet.

Ranmo

So I'm tackling the JP version of the game. I mostly got weapons on my rolls following that guide. But I got one SSR character. Only one character, but I'm guessing I'm good to go with this account?

W94Gm8K.jpg

Not sure if optimally I'm supposed to be going for more than one.

Is it truly that much of a disadvantage of I stick with this roll? The empty re-rolls are destroying me from the inside.

kiryogi

Banned
Is it truly that much of a disadvantage of I stick with this roll? The empty re-rolls are destroying me from the inside.

So here's her gimmick, the longer she doesn't get hit, she gets a atk/double/triple attack up stack. But if she gets hit, that stack resets, and for 1 turn, she get's atk/def/double/triple attack down. She hits like a wet noodle and probably gets offed in one hit if the enemy felt like hitting her again.

You can start, it's just going to be a lot tougher with her nerfs then with most other SSRs. She brings next to nothing to the table starting out and needs to be babysat for awhile to even start thinking about carrying the team. If she gets hit you'll have to build her passive back from square one, so it's back to being useless.

If you can accept that, go ahead and begin.

Ranmo

Ah. Sounds pretty cool actually. Though I can see how it would be problematic. I'll do some more re-rolls as the day goes on but I may end up sticking with it. Don't really care about steamrolling the early portions of the game. Sounds like a character I'd love to have once I get settled in.

Really appreciate the explanations!

garath

Keep it up! Progression is super satisfying. I've been in 2 months now and have a pool of slvl10 stuff. Never thought I'd be able to MVP magnas, but there you go. Now I get to beg colo to drop staves so I can MLB my pool.

So how did you get to MVP'ing magnas from scratch in those two months? I'm probably not playing as much as necessary to get there but my progression right now has stalled a bit. Were you grinding a particular magna? Using a lot of BP restoring things? Use AP to go through story multi battles?

Im rank 38 and I have all SR weapons now. Some 1 star. I have two SSR weapons. Only one SSR unit - Ferri. She's 52 and climbing. I have her at 2 stars now. All my SR units are 1 or two stars.

Summons are coming along. I have the girls from two events ago and the summon from the latest event at 2 stars. Leveling is slow for her. Not enough materials.

Up to level 25 in the story. Ferri just got her third skill (had to beat level 24).

I'm plugging right along but nowhere near soloing or MVP'ing anything more than a hard multibattle. Maaaaybe very hard if my water team can play.

Just interested in your strategy to climb quickly :) seems like you did a great job.

So how did you get to MVP'ing magnas from scratch in those two months?

A few things I can think of that would help:
- Not starting in dark or light
- Targeting one magna element to farm
- Lots of playing and grinding
- Capping Valor seals to buy stuff
- Luck
-- In the gacha and drops

Is there any particularly efficient way to do this or is it just clearing hards/leeching magnas? (Hosting if you can)

Yes, depending on the amount of Rares and S.Rares in your main party at the end of the battle you'll get some bonus Valor.

Just create a team with three rares, and do the minimum required contribution to claim the valour.

Rares give more valour faster, but it caps out fast so you'll have to switch out to a full S.Rare party at some point every week.

Velkyn

Day two of rerolling here, best I've ever seen is a rare in a single pull. Really want to play this, but I can wait for an SSR if I have to.

As an aside, since the English assets are out there and seem quite substantial, has anyone made a stab at an unofficial patch while we wait on the English version? I realize we're supposed to have it within the week, but given the level of completeness, isn't it possible to cobble something together?

garath

Day two of rerolling here, best I've ever seen is a rare in a single pull. Really want to play this, but I can wait for an SSR if I have to.

As an aside, since the English assets are out there and seem quite substantial, has anyone made a stab at an unofficial patch while we wait on the English version? I realize we're supposed to have it within the week, but given the level of completeness, isn't it possible to cobble something together?

The rolling would be easier during a legfest. I think there is usually one near the end of the month? I haven't been playing that long so can't say for sure.

Yaari

Yeah we're pretty much expecting a Legfest after Guild War. But then again, just keep rerolling. You might just want to be ready to go during the 10mil celebration too.

In the end you are going to have to reroll anyway, be it now, or during Legfest. Might aswell keep it up.

draw4wild

I've gotten in on the reroll game too. I'm up to +30 on my email so far, did pull 1 SSR summon so far at +14 but nothing but rare weapons since.

DJIzana

Ugh... I freaking love the artwork for this game. I mean, heck, everything... even the older short commercials!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlhR4QBjlw

I really wish I could find some wallpapers for my desktop on this game. Heck, even tumblr is hard to come across gifs or that kind of thing. The only thing out there is the amazing character art, it seems. :'(

Vex_

Banned

I'm sorry. Did someone say English? You have my attention now. There an English patch?

Yaari

We're expecting one, it's not quite there yet though. Could happen within the next few weeks, they have been adding assets pointing to an English language setting.

DJIzana

Is there much of a story to the game or any cool cutscenes like what can be found from the PV video I linked above? (You'll have to pardon my ignorance. This will LITERALLY be my first ever mobile only game).

I mean... it doesn't bother me too much if there's not. The anime and PS4 game (hopefully Granblue is what their PS4 is) will be more than enough, I'm sure.

kiryogi

Banned
Is there much of a story to the game or any cool cutscenes like what can be found from the PV video I linked above? (You'll have to pardon my ignorance. This will LITERALLY be my first ever mobile only game).

I mean... it doesn't bother me too much if there's not. The anime and PS4 game (hopefully Granblue is what their PS4 is) will be more than enough, I'm sure.

Yeah there's a fully voiced main scenario, no fancy cutscenes like the PV though :eek:

That said, looks no no Legendfes this month due to Guild War. Instead, we will be having another Star Legend.

chrono01

Yeah there's a fully voiced main scenario, no fancy cutscenes like the PV though :eek:

That said, looks no no Legendfes this month due to Guild War. Instead, we will be having another Star Legend.
And I have so many crystals to spend. :(

I can't even participate in the GW event since:

A) I'm likely not high enough
B) no Guild

Oh well, I'll just keep grinding dailies.

kiryogi

Banned
And I have so many crystals to spend. :(

I can't even participate in the GW event since:

A) I'm likely not high enough
B) no Guild

Oh well, I'll just keep grinding dailies.

You can actually even if you're guildless. Guild War constitutes two things, the actual war, and the event period.

The war is a competitive event that does require you to be in a guild to reap the benefits.

The event itself is just like any other GBF event. There will be event monsters that you need to farm for drops so that you can roll in the event Gacha. In this event Gacha is where you get the fabled GW weapons. So choose wisely! GW weapons are what enable you to get the most powerful SSR characters in the game, not to mention the GW weapons themselves are pretty awesome.

chrono01

You can actually even if you're guildless. Guild War constitutes two things, the actual war, and the event period.

The war is a competitive event that does require you to be in a guild to reap the benefits.

The event itself is just like any other GBF event. There will be event monsters that you need to farm for drops so that you can roll in the event Gacha. In this event Gacha is where you get the fabled GW weapons. So choose wisely! GW weapons are what enable you to get the most powerful SSR characters in the game, not to mention the GW weapons themselves are pretty awesome.
Oh nice, thanks!

Is that also how I LB my summons? I know it's probably beyond my skill/level right now, but I have a Bahamut SSR and am curious how difficult it is to LB him beyond Level 40 (since pulling a dupe I...well...unlikely). -_-

In any case, I hope to be in a guild for the next event (and more prepared). If not the GAF one, then I'm sure there will be plenty of English ones being created when the English patch is released.

So how did you get to MVP'ing magnas from scratch in those two months? I'm probably not playing as much as necessary to get there but my progression right now has stalled a bit. Were you grinding a particular magna? Using a lot of BP restoring things? Use AP to go through story multi battles?

Im rank 38 and I have all SR weapons now. Some 1 star. I have two SSR weapons. Only one SSR unit - Ferri. She's 52 and climbing. I have her at 2 stars now. All my SR units are 1 or two stars.

Summons are coming along. I have the girls from two events ago and the summon from the latest event at 2 stars. Leveling is slow for her. Not enough materials.

Up to level 25 in the story. Ferri just got her third skill (had to beat level 24).

I'm plugging right along but nowhere near soloing or MVP'ing anything more than a hard multibattle. Maaaaybe very hard if my water team can play.

Just interested in your strategy to climb quickly :) seems like you did a great job.

I won't lie, I've spent some money on the game, but not an extraordinary amount. I ticketed Yuel with start dash, got Heles from my first legfest, and was lucky to get Tina too. From there I went through the story as much as I could, did what was possible in events. Leeched Colo magnas a good bit, all 3 VH Colos every day. Once you can solo your element's VH no problem you should be getting your SR's at a good clip.

I honestly don't know how much it benefited me but I also leeched enough proto bahas to get the SR spear and staff due to my 3/4 erun team.

At the last ticket pick I went against getting another waifu (believe me I wanted to), and went for Yoda which pretty much was the best idea ever. I probably could have MVP'd Tia without him, but now I can MVP Tia and Colo during AT no problem.

I'm rank 74, feeling pretty good, but I do need more staves now. Hope that helped, it's difficult to recount what exactly I've done, but that's the gist of it.

i mean there's still the possibility of legfes that starts on the 30th and spills into next month

i imagined it would have started after guild wars anyway

DJIzana

Nice. I hope the story will be translated at least as well (besides just the normal game functions). I don't expect any voice over (obviously).

Yaari

This isn't really part of the celebration too, right. I mean they do this every month. The dream of a ST is still going strong. :D

Is the GW event something everyone can compete in, or is it an high-level thing? Not talking about the competitive part of it, but the event mobs.

Gizuko

Did you know a cat's paws can be used to navigate a touchscreen? I discovered it as my cat went ahead and "pressed" the ok button while I was taking a look at the SSR axe (left the tablet on a chair for a while and when I came back my cat was standing on it).

Who even needs an axe this early?!

garath

So it looks like with the GW event incan choose an SSR weapon on the second tab? Is that right? Just a free SSR weapon? Or do I choose one to work toward or something? Which one is worth investing in?

Gizuko

So it looks like with the GW event incan choose an SSR weapon on the second tab? Is that right? Just a free SSR weapon? Or do I choose one to work toward or something? Which one is worth investing in?

It seems you choose a weapon to try for when pulling in the gacha, and you can only change it when you pull it.

Did you know a cat's paws can be used to navigate a touchscreen? I discovered it as my cat went ahead and "pressed" the ok button while I was taking a look at the SSR axe (left the tablet on a chair for a while and when I came back my cat was standing on it).

Who even needs an axe this early?!

Did the cat choose the GW Axe?

Damn, that cat knows his stuff then, good pick.

alben

Neo Member

The weapon you choose is the weapon you can pull in the event gatcha.

With these weapons you can unlock a GW char, but that's a long term goal, and getting the weapon to MLB is the easy part.
They are solid light weapons, so you can pick a weapon type you lack for the light element.

garath

Thanks guys. So for choosing a weapon, what does a whip count as? That's currently my only light SSR. It must be a sword or dagger since I'm using it as a dark fencer.

linkent

So my friend wanted to play this.
He will always reroll till he get the best character usually.
I know that most comments are any SSR will be ok.

But which one is the best character in this game like LogLuffy in OPTC or Broly/Gogeta in Dokkan or Grimmjow in Bleach?

Are all legend exclusives equal? Or there is a Boa tier(optc)?

Azusa

The most strongest/broken characters are only available in Guild Wars and you have to grind to get them.

In gatcha there are some very strong characters but you need a team to support them. So just pick someone from the pool of strong SSR and start there.

You can get the best character that can shine in the late game content (HL) but you will struggle in the beginning and maybe it will take you many months to reach end game. Or you can pick the best early/mid game characters and progress faster.

Get yoda for the best early and some parts of the mid game.

garath

Cu0mlIa.jpg

What's this? Is this something I should exange for or summon behemouth?

Where are the characters we grind for?

Is there an actual guild wars component here? I.E. fighting other guilds or is it just get as many points as possible in the event?

Sorry for all the questions :) doesn't help that I'm not playing on PC so I have Google translate available. Doesn't work on mobile chrome for some reason.

Ryoukai

What's this? Is this something I should exange for or summon behemouth?

Where are the characters we grind for?

Is there an actual guild wars component here? I.E. fighting other guilds or is it just get as many points as possible in the event?

Sorry for all the questions :) doesn't help that I'm not playing on PC so I have Google translate available. Doesn't work on mobile chrome for some reason.
That image you posted is a hell difficulty raid that's available after the qualifying phase. Have to waste several materials to host one and need a couple of guildmates to contribute since obtaining the material is limited to per person.
Guild war characters, they're unlocked by awakening the guild war weapon that's available right now through the ticket gacha, the process has multiple steps and getting the material will take you months to complete.
As of right now guilds are competing to qualify which only last a day. The top 2400 guilds will be able to qualify and compete other guilds that are in the 2400. Even if your guild doesn't qualify you'll be able to still do the event, but will miss out bonuses that qualified guilds get.

Edit: when competeing guild vs guild, the battle determines which guild has the highest points.

draw4wild

So I'm at +45 of my salted email so far. There was a SSR summon crystal at +14 and then 3 SR characters at +41,+43,and +44. No SSR hero yet. I haven't been doing the JDA codes on my rerolls, just the 2 crystals, can you get SSR from the codes?

My plan is to roll until I get an SSR hero, then use start dash to get a complimentary character to whoever I pull. I don't plan on spending money until English release tho. Is there a time frame I have to use the start dash by? I don't want to spend all this time rerolling now only to lose out on the start dash ticket because English doesn't get patched and my account is too old

m33pm33p

Banned
Can anyone explain what this "star legend" is? I understand how legendfest works at the end of the month but what is this star legend?

Yaari

So I'm at +45 of my salted email so far. There was a SSR summon crystal at +14 and then 3 SR characters at +41,+43,and +44. No SSR hero yet. I haven't been doing the JDA codes on my rerolls, just the 2 crystals, can you get SSR from the codes?

My plan is to roll until I get an SSR hero, then use start dash to get a complimentary character to whoever I pull. I don't plan on spending money until English release tho. Is there a time frame I have to use the start dash by? I don't want to spend all this time rerolling now only to lose out on the start dash ticket because English doesn't get patched and my account is too old

JDA codes aren't worth the efffort. Use them once your set on an account. Not sure about SSr on those but I'm going to say its not possible.

Start Dash is a week after acount creation, then comes back every month for a set period, until you use it.

Top Bottom