• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Uthred

My water team is rather shite, this is going to be a slog

Wouldn't that make it better than legfest? It is it not for crystals?

Btw, thanks for your post on progression..I did read it even if I didn't respond. Was very helpful :)

Mobacoin only, its basically 3000 yen for one random SSR

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
What's the best way to farm red dragon scales? Need so many to limit break my fire SSRs.

Also I still have no clue what to do with the zenith points...from what I understand each class has a different pool of zenith points?
And the attack up one (up to 3000?) is good for starting out?

draw4wild

So for anyone rerolling, I just read (and confirmed) that when skipping the tutorial, you can go from 12 right to 32, the game will rest you back to 30 but its easier to finish from there.

And on account 54 I just rolled a SSR Cerberus, since I never see her mentioned and she's a dark element I'm assuming I'm to keep rerolling?

Ranmo

So for anyone rerolling, I just read (and confirmed) that when skipping the tutorial, you can go from 12 right to 32, the game will rest you back to 30 but its easier to finish from there.

And on account 54 I just rolled a SSR Cerberus, since I never see her mentioned and she's a dark element I'm assuming I'm to keep rerolling?

54? Dang, kudos to you man. I think I'm just going to start playing with my current set and dump money once the game is available in English.

chrono01

So in regards to the GW event, where should I be grinding? I have no guild, not sure if that matters.

Also, how do I LB my characters? I'm short one of those larger red/orange stone things for my SSR characters, and I have no idea where to get them. They've been capped at Level 40 forever. :(

So in regards to the GW event, where should I be grinding? I have no guild, not sure if that matters.

Also, how do I LB my characters? I'm short one of those larger red/orange stone things for my SSR characters, and I have no idea where to get them. They've been capped at Level 40 forever. :(

join other people's raids and host your own, do the hard and very hards ahriams for meats that you'll need so you can host the behemoths raids

i believe you can also use the betting tickets to bet on which sides will win later on

i assume crystals? one of the daily extra quests have them and you can trade for higher level ones through the shop

Stider

Well, finally decided to get rerolling done as can't be bothered waiting for English release and have rolled SSR Magisa. Is she good to start with or more of a end game use? Also, reading here I understand the best way to get an early boost right now would be to buy the start dash ticket and possibly the 10x mobacoin draw for a guaranteed SSR?

chrono01

join other people's raids and host your own, do the hard and very hards ahriams for meats that you'll need so you can host the behemoths raids

i believe you can also use the betting tickets to bet on which sides will win later on

i assume crystals? one of the daily extra quests have them and you can trade for higher level ones through the shop
I really should use the shop more, I keep forgetting it's there, haha.

Thanks for the post, by the way. It was very helpful. :)

Well, finally decided to get rerolling done as can't be bothered waiting for English release and have rolled SSR Magisa. Is she good to start with or more of a end game use? Also, reading here I understand the best way to get an early boost right now would be to buy the start dash ticket and possibly the 10x mobacoin draw for a guaranteed SSR?
I'm not sure if Magisa is a good unit to start out with or not. I'll let those more knowledgeable answer, haha. She's an SSR, and has great art, that much I know!

And yes, if you can afford it, purchase the Start Dash Ticket and grab a unit that benefits your starting SSR. You can try doing the 3000 coin draw too, but you might be better off waiting for a Surprise Ticket (even though we just got one recently, so it could be a while) instead so you can choose which SSR to compliment your team.

whats a good waifu GW to hopefully try to get? wasnt there a link posted here earlier?
Try checking here.

Here's your GW waifu:
index.php

Caim

Just downloaded the Chrome app version of this game but I'm assuming I can only run the machine translation if I'm playing it via browser with Developer mode on?

But isn't she Fire-Type? All I'm seeing is Light-Type weapons to go for.

But yeah that was the link I was looking for, thanks.
Oh, all GW weapons starts out LIGHT. (you can element change them though with mats)

Character unlocks are only associated to the type of weapon (ie. gun for that girl).

Ohhhhh gotcha. Well I went with the Bow lol. Am I set in this choice or do I get to choose later during the event?
Locked until end of Guild Wars.

This is why you kinda want to get all 4 bows in one shot (to upgrade 3*), else you'll have to repick bow next time GW is up to complete.
Pray RNG for this, or grind grind grind.

Yaari

I wish I saw this earlier, I chose sword. :/

Oh well, learning things!

I took Harp instead of Bow. I wanted Song. Bleh.

Apparently the Harp is good too, but I'm still bummed out. Even though I have months of grinding ahead, it kind of sucks.

chrono01

I took Harp instead of Bow. I wanted Song. Bleh.

Apparently the Harp is good too, but I'm still bummed out. Even though I have months of grinding ahead, it kind of sucks.
Yeah, I wish I did some research before. Oh well, can't be un-done now!

It's highly unlikely you'll unlock a GW character before multiple Guild Wars event passes.
The grind required is unreal.

Just get that sword next time.
Yeah, I don't expect to get the sword this time, unless RNG is kind to me. When I do get my sword though, I'll definitely switch to Bow. It's unfortunate that you're locked to the specific weapon you chose. I wish they told you what character comes along with which weapon. :(

Gizuko

Bah. I took sword too. I wanted something I could use with my dark fencer.

I haven't been lucky yet. No sword yet.

I actually pulled mine earlier, but didn't give me an option to switch, only to reset the box (the gacha pool is limited and can be seen below the gacha), so I don't know whether I misread that before or simply reset too fast.

m33pm33p

Banned
Apparently the SSR I got today was Metera.

Does anyone know what's so special about her? She's rated as top tier on a couple tier lists Ive seen.

kiryogi

Banned
Apparently the SSR I got today was Metera.

Does anyone know what's so special about her? She's rated as top tier on a couple tier lists Ive seen.

Metera is pure damage, sorry I didn't reply earlier. She can also charm at will and cast slow with her stack mechanic. In other words, she has utility as well.

whats with the medals during GW? are they like achievements? how do we get them or are they RNG stuff

Medals are from participating in GW. You get some just for doing the event, but the rest can only be achieved if you're qualified in the prelims with a guild.

m33pm33p

Banned
Metera is pure damage, sorry I didn't reply earlier. She can also charm at will and cast slow with her stack mechanic. In other words, she has utility as well.

Medals are from participating in GW. You get some just for doing the event, but the rest can only be achieved if you're qualified in the prelims with a guild.

Awesome. Thanks.

draw4wild

So oddly enough on my +100 email I got my second SSR Gandagouza. That gives me him and Cerberus to choose from so far. Are either of these viable or should I keep going?

So oddly enough on my +100 email I got my second SSR Gandagouza. That gives me him and Cerberus to choose from so far. Are either of these viable or should I keep going?

If this was last month, it'd be Cerberus. But Ghandagoza is kinda good now, so you can go with that.

I lucked out on a SSR lily on my second reroll. She's a support type tho, so is she good enough to start, or should I continue to reroll for a more offensive hero?

Stider

Decided to buy the star legend pack. Currently have Magisa and thinking of getting the starter dash for Lucifer/Bahamut, who would be best to grab from those available? Also, do I get both the weapon and character, the pictures seem to imply that but I don't understand Japanese.

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Decided to buy the star legend pack. Currently have Magisa and thinking of getting the starter dash for Lucifer/Bahamut, who would be best to grab from those available? Also, do I get both the weapon and character, the pictures seem to imply that but I don't understand Japanese.

You can't starter ticket lucifer or bahamut and these guys are summons so you don't get any character with them.

When you redeem the ticket you choose a weapon (but it'll also show the SSR character it comes with, it will be really clear when you go to the redemption page). So you get the weapon which unlocks the character.

Stider

You can't starter ticket lucifer or bahamut and these guys are summons so you don't get any character with them.

When you redeem the ticket you choose a weapon (but it'll also show the SSR character it comes with, it will be really clear when you go to the redemption page). So you get the weapon which unlocks the character.

Thanks for the info, decided to go with Yodaraha as he seems pretty good and water looks to be good for this event.

Azusa

Sorry for small img but its the only one I have found.

This a number of GW characters in game on August 2015.
PJVKOvp.jpg

1sr - Siete
2nd - Song
3rd - Esser
4th - Sarasa

m33pm33p

Banned
Thanks for the info, decided to go with Yodaraha as he seems pretty good and water looks to be good for this event.

Yoda will carry you pretty far early game. He'll allow you to complete events you otherwise probably wouldn't be able to.

He starts with 3 stacks of his special move and when he has ANY stacks, he will always attack 3 times, losing 1 stack each round. Once your Ougi is full, he will do an enormous amount of damage depending on stacks. 1 Stack = 333k damage, 2 Stacks = 666k, 3 Stacks = 999k.

Once you limit break him, he also gets a skill at lvl 45 that lets you reset his stacks at any point in time.

garath

Well I got a small bit of luck. Got the SSR fire summon to drop from the extreme event mob. If I keep getting gold medals like I have been then I might get to star him too.

Still no weapon though :(

Velkyn

No SSR yet, but my 19th salted email just got Yoda in one of the legend pulls. Is he good enough to stop, or am I really better off holding out for an SSR chara?

Gizuko

Is she called Sochie? Forgot to look her name up.

I'm a bit bummed she is an utility character, I actually wanted to go the Superstar route, but I might end up lacking firepower. I'm still very happy, though.

Rixa

Is she called Sochie? Forgot to look her name up.

I'm a bit bummed she is an utility character, I actually wanted to go the Superstar route, but I might end up lacking firepower. I'm still very happy, though.

Wow, grats for double SSR. On my GBF days, I havent pulled double SSR at all :/. So you did really good.

On my personal grindfest. Did this in 3 days, from 0 to mlb. Shitton of pots used (over 60) and time. Got one Summon as drop (3rd run) and one ssr bow. I did Very Hard difficulty. Now to get fodder to feed it to max level in about one year or so.

I grind few times more Diablo to get materials to buy 2nd bow. Then its GW time.

Why is the event greyed out right now? I can't start anything?

guild wars are annoying :p

basically, the event runs in sessions as it's for guilds to amass points during the time and then they take a break during the time Japan is supposed to be asleep until starting back up when its morning there

Ranmo

My re-roll luck needs to kick in. I need that white haired character with the gun who is in the front of the gacha art today.

I got some water taru girl in yellow on my 19th salt. Still not what I want. But worth remembering.

Top Bottom