• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Pics_nao

Confirmed: Gacha rate up is a lie if you're me

Literally haven't gotten a single thing on rate up since playing at the end of June. Instead I get 4 dupes in two days. The fuck man. I just want Apollonia.

Here're some news: https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_e...ember_game_news_under_new_management/d9i5swx/

a881000b89.png

Caim :( I needed Arcarnum return.

Dragner

I already said on reddit Im against zodiac characters returning, nothing against people getting them, but against company lying to attract whales then saying they will be available again. Its a bad practice and one that can be sue worthy in some places where verbal contracts are taken seriously (See MTG reserved list).

Yeah going back on your word is usually not a good thing. Although the lesson is always don't say things you might want to take back later in the future.

Felessan

They still have 1 year lockout, that more than enough to justify whaling
It's just unreasonable from non-whale population point of view, as you remove character effectively forever (11 year rollover is just too much, it will be a miracle if a game survive for that long).

I already said on reddit Im against zodiac characters returning, nothing against people getting them, but against company lying to attract whales then saying they will be available again. Its a bad practice and one that can be sue worthy in some places where verbal contracts are taken seriously (See MTG reserved list).

??????

Those were HRT's policies, he's not the producer anymore so rules will certainly be different now.

HRT was also always against Sturm and Drang as playable characters, we now have a chance of them being playable as well.

Honestly, all the decisions so far have been great.

Lecia is good?

The tier lists haven't placed her yet, but I'd say she's very good. I think she's the only wind SSR that can cast Veil plus a variety of other nice party buffs.

Thing is, if you're a new player, you're not gonna find her useful. Unlocking her 3rd skill requires clearing Chapter 75(!) of the main story and getting there requires beating the final boss of the first story arc which can be a severe roadblock.

Lecia is good?

Have all of my salt.

Like Mr. Bubble said, you're not going to get the best use from her without her third skill, and that's only unlockable with a fairly advanced weapon pool to get to that point in story mode.

What I heard was that even then she doesn't really seem core to the current wind meta, especially after they removed the trial version's team reflect. Order takes a bit to set up, which limits its effectiveness. She's still a good character, but you won't be changing the core lineup of, say, Birdman, Seofon, Korwa, or Anchira.

Though, if you have a S. Zoi, you can go nuts with her backwater buff. (Wind meta already favors Tia guns, which she has great affinity for.)

captainpat

Fire is one of the strongest element. It's just not easy to get there.

I do hope to get Agni one day to work on fire build.

Isn't messed up though? That to get a powerful fire pool you have to get a summon that can't ticketed, 3 summons stones from gw, and either whale for your weapon pool, or do an absurd amount of Athena raids.

Gizuko

Fire has some really good builds, but let's not lose our heads. Even if you consider fire better than water, wind and earth (which is still debatable) it's lagging behind light and dark, same as the other 3. Being 3rd out of 6 isn't what I'd call "being one of the best", though maybe that's me.

Then again, Primal fire builds still lag behind Primal water builds (even going by raw numbers alone, fimbul and lumi axes are fully uncappable, while Athena swords aren't). Whale fire builds (crimson fingers) are pretty good, though.

So all in all, while fire is good (we do have some legit firelords here), as a whole it REALLY needs some love, which wouldn't be so obvious if it was one of the best elements.

Felessan

Isn't messed up though? That to get a powerful fire pool you have to get a summon that can't ticketed, 3 summons stones from gw, and either whale for your weapon pool, or do an absurd amount of Athena raids.
You can start off quite well with just simple Agni (80% boost)

So all in all, while fire is good (we do have some legit firelords here), as a whole it REALLY needs some love, which wouldn't be so obvious if it was one of the best elements.
I agree with your points.
For clarity - I don't put Fire/Water/Wind/Earth builds as in the same bracket as Light/Dark, as it's quite obvious that, even from overall balance perspective, that Light and Dark in it's own grade. It's quite obvious that those 2 treated as special elements their speed/chances to improve their pool reduced, but overall cap heightened.

captainpat

You can start off quite well with just simple Agni (80% boost)

I guess, but the drop rate of summons like agni are among the lowest (0.009%), and even then you're still gonna have to whale or do crazy amounts Athena raids to get the full use of it.

Really, hope this new producer simply has eyes (because you'd have to be blind not to see the issues with fire) and we get a fix in the re-balancing.

I guess I'm just gonna finishing this wind pool, work my way to a decent water pool and comeback to esser.

Gizuko

I agree with your points.
For clarity - I don't put Fire/Water/Wind/Earth builds as in the same bracket as Light/Dark, as it's quite obvious that, even from overall balance perspective, that Light and Dark in it's own grade. It's quite obvious that those 2 treated as special elements their speed/chances to improve their pool reduced, but overall cap heightened.

I do agree that Light and Dark should belong in their own bracket - there's also the fact that they don't even have a "weak" element, and their 100% summons have no condition/additional modifier.

When discussing an elements' overall utility however, I usually keep them in mind, since I consider them a nice benchmark to measure against.

* finally unlocks esser fight*
* can't beat esser*

What this game does to fire is so wrong.
I beat Esser with my Fire team when I ran around with a main 60% Ifrit summon

It's hard, but you have to come up with a good strat to take her down. Alternatively, you could use a Water MC for debuffs if you have no other stronger element and if your team is strong enough.

Aw man so I'm kind of stalled out and I'm not sure what I should be doing to progress. I'm stuck at 52-4 and I'm not even close to being able to beat yggdrasil malice. I've cleared out pretty much every single non-raid free mission available. I have one or two omega weapons for most elements and a couple SSR gacha weapons. I have most tier 3 classes mastered. Am I really supposed to be spending all my time fighting tia showdowns for anima and leeching and hosting tia omega raids? Because that was pretty boring even when I could do it at an accelerated pace in magfest.

Felessan

0 ap quest.
Grats!

Is there anything I can read what to do after I get done with Magna build?
I almost hit a ceiling. I have 600k/750k atk power (3 lumi sword @ sk15, some MLB guns, EXes and Bahamut Dagger). I can try to improve by another 100k, but I am really dependent on swords drop.

Finally reached lvl 101, wish it was more clearly defined how to finally 4 star my luminiera weapons, though maybe it was clear, I had always avoided doing any raids like Proto Bahamuto and Apollo.

Now that I got that out the way, lengthy grind for 200 sword, harp, and gun stones ;(

garath

Finally reached lvl 101, wish it was more clearly defined how to finally 4 star my luminiera weapons, though maybe it was clear, I had always avoided doing any raids like Proto Bahamuto and Apollo.

Now that I got that out the way, lengthy grind for 200 sword, harp, and gun stones ;(

Host and beat lumi HL and that will unlock the 4* for your lumi weapons.

It takes stones for that weapon type and element. I.e. gun stones and light elements plus a handful of other mats and urns. The urns come from beating Apollo HL.

Gizuko

Finally got around finishing ch.75 and unlocked Lecia's 3rd skill - I'm not sure if she has had an effect on HL wind teams, but I'm having a real blast with her, she has effectively replaced Petra in all my teams (I run Korwa/Andira/Lecia, so Petra was a bit too much support anyway).

Really, really impressed with said team.

She also melts Baihu if coupled with Zoey.

captainpat

Creed farming is the worst. I need 25 warrior's creeds. I've gotten two and had to drain 30 pots to do so. It would be at least bearable if ex stages gave decent loot.

Verelios

Creed farming is the worst. I need 25 warrior's creeds. I've gotten two and had to drain 30 pots to do so. It would be at least bearable if ex stages gave decent loot.
I'm almost out of 3rd tier classes to level, but I really dislike Coop, and I can imagine getting a 4th tier job being horrible

Top Bottom