• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Eridani

Well, I was planning on waiting for the English patch to come out, but this event seems too good to pass up, so I just started today. I managed to roll Beatrix after 60 gacha rolls. Is she any good or should I keep rerolling? After reading what her skills do, she certainly seems interesting, but is she any good?

Razmos

I just did a single 300 crystal pull and got my first SSR!
5j1PWp2.jpg

Is she good? I literally have no idea

kiryogi

Banned

Good Earth Support. I am jelly :eek: She's no Cag, but she supplements.

Well, I was planning on waiting for the English patch to come out, but this event seems too good to pass up, so I just started today. I managed to roll Beatrix after 60 gacha rolls. Is she any good or should I keep rerolling? After reading what her skills do, she certainly seems interesting, but is she any good?

She is fun to play with, and probably Dark's only semi Tank. The thing about Beatrix is, she's not necessarily bad, but everyone else in SSR Dark is so much bettter.

Also because Dark. . . is misery.

garath

Got my first magna weapon drop! Woo. Exciting times. Got a dark spear from Celeste.

And got my Ferri her third star. The fourth looks achievable except for 3 gold papers. Ouch. I don't even know where to get those normally. They were super expensive in the last event.

Finally making some good progress but it still feels like a drop in the bucket. I don't have any prayers of soloing any magna or even something more than hard/very hard with the right team. Gotta keep grinding.

kiryogi

Banned
Got my first magna weapon drop! Woo. Exciting times. Got a dark spear from Celeste.

And got my Ferri her third star. The fourth looks achievable except for 3 gold papers. Ouch. I don't even know where to get those normally. They were super expensive in the last event.

Finally making some good progress but it still feels like a drop in the bucket. I don't have any prayers of soloing any magna or even something more than hard/very hard with the right team. Gotta keep grinding.

Events, boss drops, Bahamut raids.

Uthred

Day 2

Free 10 pull: 2 SR - Daetta (B tier) / Farrah (B tier)
Jewel 10 pull 1: 1 SR - Earth Carbuncle
4 Single pulls: Junk

Still haunted by the fact the only SSR character I've got was a dupe Zeta. Only another 250 pulls to go until I can take advantage of that great compensation system ;)

muu

Of 60 I've done in this current fest I've gotten 2 Granis.

I'd caution against doing too many stone pulls this time around, you'll have a chance at summer / winter limited characters later who are actually time limited.

kiryogi

Banned
I wanted that fork SR D:

And yeah, I got 1 Gold moon and a handful of silver moon. Did a 2nd 10 pull, nothing but silver/bronze.

Got her from today's free 10-pull as well, she's actually the character that first made me interested in Granblue just from looks so I'm really happy to have her. (even though she doesn't fit in my party right now)

Gizuko

Is there any summon database with profile pictures? I got this Light... Cherubim? With 50% light attack up. Wanted to see what it does when summoned.

Ranmo

Woo! 2 SS pulls for today! I'm hyped for tomorrows spins.

Now the game needs to finally have an English setting and the addiction will come naturally.

Gizuko

chrono01

What was your ID again, last time I couldnt add you as friend. Now I think I can if you have done story somewhat (4 chaps or so).
I surprise ticketed Vampy and my party is 2xSSR 3xSR
Vargeras / Vampy / Lucius (honestly he is SSR in disquise) / Will / Vila

My leader / friend summon is this and its totally grinded in game in 3 days time from 0 copies to MLB.
Oh wow, sorry about that. I completely forgot to re-post my ID once I hit the appropriate level to add people (and have them add me). :(

I'll post my ID in a bit, just in the middle of a few things. I'm jealous of that Vampy, but she will be mine soon!

Alfebit

Banned
Finally was able to get this on my phone. Why doesn't this "ultimate guide" tell me how to even get passed the first few screens?

Edit: Ok so Is there a tutorial for if I'm not using Chrome?

draw4wild

Second day 10 pull, got Cagliostro and 5 SR characters I have to look up. She's top tier Earth support right?

In 2 days of 10m celebration so far I got Cagliostro, Magisa, and Lancelot. It's a success at this point even if I get nothing the next 5 days. Not sure what element team to work on first and use with start dash? Guess my choices are Sara, Altair or Juel at the moment? I'll probably hold off on it till next month since it expires tomorrow and I want to see what I roll the next 5 days

Cornisath

Neo Member
I just started today and did a few rolls.

IvqGmHx.jpg

This seems to be the best of what I have gotten so far, and I was wondering if it is good enough to start with or if I should keep rerolling.

Uthred

First 10 pull on unsalted email:

2 chara SSR.

I got SSR Eustace and Sara. Earth team time, I guess?

Indeed, thats a great start to an Earth team, you could Start Dash Cagliostro and you're set (until you get to HL when you need to grind out two Guild Wars characters for the top tier earth team, but thats not a concern for months)

Second day 10 pull, got Cagliostro and 5 SR characters I have to look up. She's top tier Earth support right?

In 2 days of 10m celebration so far I got Cagliostro, Magisa, and Lancelot. It's a success at this point even if I get nothing the next 5 days. Not sure what element team to work on first and use with start dash? Guess my choices are Sara, Altair or Juel at the moment? I'll probably hold off on it till next month since it expires tomorrow and I want to see what I roll the next 5 days

Altair and Lancelot would give you the core of your endgame Water team, Water is a "better" element than Earth or Fire so my recommendation would be to go with that. You could get Sara but then you'd have two Earth supports which would be ok but a bit slow going, you could go for an Earth attacker (though you'd probably get more mileage out of Sara in the long run, if you have the Earth Idol from the recent collab she's a great SR earth DPS character). Magisa is good in mid to late game but I'd probably suggest Start Dashing Clarice over Yuel (unless you prefer the look of Yuel). Whichever you go with I'd suggest waiting until the free 10 pulls end if you can (if your start dash is going to run out you could consider waiting the month, what you have should be fine for the first month).

chrono01

I just did my second free ten-pull. Nothing of real use, aside from a couple SR. I had just under 6000 crystals, so I did another ten-pull. I got two SSR, Yuel (Fire) and Sara (Earth) out of it, and a couple more SR including a super-cute bunny girl. No complaints!

BTW, here's my ID (sorry for the delay). I'm currently leading with a Level 40 Bahamut summon. Speaking of, how do you LB these things? Please tell me I don't need to pull another Bahamut summon...

Anyway, my ID!

kiryogi

Banned
I just did my second free ten-pull. Nothing of real use, aside from a couple SR. I had just under 6000 crystals, so I did another ten-pull. I got two SSR, Yuel (Fire) and Sara (Earth) out of it, and a couple more SR including a super-cute bunny girl. No complaints!

BTW, here's my ID (sorry for the delay). I'm currently leading with a Level 40 Bahamut summon. Speaking of, how do you LB these things? Please tell me I don't need to pull another Bahamut summon...

Anyway, my ID!

Another 3 Bahamuts or get esports and win the MLB stones from GW. OR whale and use moons

chrono01

Another 3 Bahamuts or get esports and win the MLB stones from GW. OR whale and use moons
Welp.

How difficult is it to win the stones from GW? I'm guessing hard. It has to be hard. BTW, if anyone sends a request and your name doesn't match the one here, just let me know.

Uthred

Welp.

How difficult is it to win the stones from GW? I'm guessing hard. It has to be hard.

Hard, you need to be in a guild good enough to qualify and win, considering the low member limit of guilds it can be tough to get a spot.

Edit: Blew the rest of the jewels I had, had 9K jewels, out of three pulls got 1 SSR (Medusa - boo) and 2 B tier SR's. Would have been happy with just one new SSR character. Hopefully the free rolls deliver.

chrono01

Hard, you need to be in a guild good enough to qualify and win, considering the low member limit of guilds it can be tough to get a spot.

Edit: Blew the rest of the jewels I had, had 9K jewels, out of three pulls got 1 SSR (Medusa - boo) and 2 B tier SR's. Would have been happy with just one new SSR character. Hopefully the free rolls deliver.
I'm doomed.

I'm still hoping a slot in the GAF guild opens up. Maybe someone will get extra salty about not getting anything with these free rolls and they'll quit, then I can slide right in. Oh, I mean, what a tragedy that would be! Yes, a true shame, but I would happily sacrifice myself to keep that (newly vacant) slot warm. Oh yes I would.

BTW, sorry to hear about your luck. I believe the Medusa summon is pretty decent, though. She's at the higher end of damage increases (80%), but then that's fully leveled and LB, and considering how "fun" that will be, it'll be a while. :(

Either way, I hope things turn around for you soon!

Uthred

I'm doomed.

I'm still hoping a slot in the GAF guild opens up. Maybe someone will get extra salty about not getting anything with these free rolls and they'll quit, then I can slide right in. Oh, I mean, what a tragedy that would be! Yes, a true shame, but I would happily sacrifice myself to keep that (newly vacant) slot warm. Oh yes I would.

BTW, sorry to hear about your luck. I believe the Medusa summon is pretty decent, though. She's at the higher end of damage increases (80%), but then that's fully leveled and LB, and considering how "fun" that will be, it'll be a while. :(

Either way, I hope things turn around for you soon!

Not sure how good the guild needs to be to qualify, I know the top guilds on 4chan seem to do ok but they seem to be fairly whale heavy.

Medusa does look good and seems a bit easier to skill-up now, the inevitability of poor rolls always seems worse when you save up for a legendfest, clearly I should be rolling all the time to lessen the pain ;)

Noi

So I'm interested in playing this when the English option rolls around, but I figured I may as well start the re-roll process during these whole free 10 rolls. Missed day one, but whatever.

I have no idea what I'm doing though, so I was hoping I could get some help. I followed a guide, did my 10-pulls for ten different accounts, and picked out the ones I got any SSRs on. Should I keep doing the 10-pulls in all of these accounts and see what the result is, or are some of these not good?

http://imgur.com/a/yKXr7 for a gallery of the things I got.

Yaari

So I'm interested in playing this when the English option rolls around, but I figured I may as well start the re-roll process during these whole free 10 rolls. Missed day one, but whatever.

I have no idea what I'm doing though, so I was hoping I could get some help. I followed a guide, did my 10-pulls for ten different accounts, and picked out the ones I got any SSRs on. Should I keep doing the 10-pulls in all of these accounts and see what the result is, or are some of these not good?

I'd say keep rerolling, it can turn around on a single day of rolls. I don't recognize characters with weapons alone, but you got some SSRs and that's pretty much always a good start.

kiryogi

Banned

I see some nifty SSRs there. Account #10 has the famed dirty Yodar. Great for beginners.

Account #5, you have a decent light summon in the form of Apollo, but it looks like you also have Charlotte, a good water utility tank.

Account #8, you have Odin, who's a great summon for light/dark, and you also have Heles, a decent Fire attacker.

Account #9 is Beatrix...keep trying.

chrono01

Medusa does look good and seems a bit easier to skill-up now, the inevitability of poor rolls always seems worse when you save up for a legendfest, clearly I should be rolling all the time to lessen the pain ;)
Yeah, this is what I plan on doing. Just rolling whatever (saving for ten-pulls and then going all-out) and not waiting for a specific event unit. That's just heartache waiting to happen. :(

As mentioned Account $8 looks good, but if you're determined you could probably re-roll for something better. If not, that's a very solid start!

Hope you don't mind the add! I have no friends so far as I'm just getting the hang of these menus. I'm also playing on my iPad so no Chrome translations for me. If anyone would like to add a low level newb my ID is, 9905670, username is TbkGaf.
Not at all, I'll accept any GAF member who sends an invite my way. Accepted!

kiryogi

Banned
Not sure how good the guild needs to be to qualify, I know the top guilds on 4chan seem to do ok but they seem to be fairly whale heavy.

Medusa will be the best Earth summon you can get until either Ygg SSR MLB or Titan. Medusa also has great utility with the ability to blind and break lock, it's a winner.

Uthred

Account 5 has Apollo and Charlotte, Charlotte is a pretty good Water character who is useful at more or less all levels of play, you could Start Dash Altair at some point and that'd get your water team quite far.

Account 8 has Odin and Heles, Odin is a good summon, but awkward to limit break. Heles is at best ok, she's solid but not amazing for the early game, picks up a bit in the mid game but offers little to nothing for Magna's and HL's.

Account 9 has Beatrix, more or less a second string Dark Unit

Account 10 has Yoda, who will more or less carry you through the early game and well into the mid game.

I'd go with 5 or 10, I'd lean towards 5 if you were going to start dash and were happy to invest in the long game or 10 if you prefer an early boost.

BJK

Loving the free pulls; I've picked up Heles and Sara (tripling my SSR character count).

Had been going with a full water lineup; not sure if I should bench (sub) the two SR water characters I have (the main story healer and the first SR from last week's event) and run with my SSRs.

Ala Alba

I pretty much started today also. Well, I started before the new day began, but I didn't realize that the first 10-pull was not part of the promotion until past the dag change. >_>

Anyway, I did 40 re-rolls today, and I'll probably reroll another 20 times a day for as long as this promotion lasts. I figure I'll keep doing the daily 10-pulls for any reroll that looks promising, and then compare them all at the end. If the server isn't congested, it takes less than 5 minutes per reroll anyway.

Quick question, I've been following https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling as a guide for rerolling, but can the JDA tickets even give anything other than R results?

SSR Results so far:

#17: Sophia

#27: Cerberus

#29: Sarunan (Light version?)

#31: Juel (Yuel?), Lancelot

#33: Sarunan (Dark version?), Karumerina (Carmelina?), Heruesu (Heles?)

#34: Neptune (Summon)

#35: Varuna (Summon)

#36: Io

#38: Silva

#39: Sarah

Any of these basically worthless?

kiryogi

Banned
I pretty much started today also. Well, I started before the new day began, but I didn't realize that the first 10-pull was not part of the promotion until past the dag change. >_>

Anyway, I did 40 re-rolls today, and I'll probably reroll another 20 times a day for as long as this promotion lasts. I figure I'll keep doing the daily 10-pulls for any reroll that looks promising, and then compare them all at the end. If the server isn't congested, it takes less than 5 minutes per reroll anyway.

Quick question, I've been following https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling as a guide for rerolling, but can the JDA tickets even give anything other than R results?

SSR Results so far:

#17: Sophia

#27: Cerberus

#29: Sarunan (Light version?)

#31: Juel (Yuel?), Lancelot

#33: Sarunan (Dark version?), Karumerina (Carmelina?), Heruesu (Heles?)

#34: Neptune (Summon)

#35: Varuna (Summon)

#36: Io

#38: Silva

#39: Sarah

Any of these basically worthless?

Accounts 38 and 39 are winners.

Yaari

Don't bother with the JDA tickets. Waste of time. I can't guarantee they give anything better than R, but I definitely know its not worth the small chance.

garath

Anyway, my ID!

Man. You are beyond lucky. Lol. You started what, a couple weeks ago and have like 6 SSR and a bahamut summon? Good man!

chrono01

Man. You are beyond lucky. Lol. You started what, a couple weeks ago and have like 6 SSR and a bahamut summon? Good man!
I re-rolled for Bahamut and ticketed a few SSR, but yeah. I'm off to a decent start, haha.

Characters:

Katarina
Narumeia
Yuel
Sara
Metera
Vargeras
De La Fille

Summons:

Bahamut
Hades
Nataku
Medusa
Brynhildr (Cinderella Girls event)

I know my luck is going to give out eventually, I'm just enjoying the ride for now.

kiryogi

Banned
I re-rolled for Bahamut and ticketed a few SSR, but yeah. I'm off to a decent start, haha.

Characters:

Katarina
Narumeia
Yuel
Sara
Metera
Vargeras
De La Fille

Summons:

Bahamut
Hades
Nataku
Medusa
Brynhildr (Cinderella Girls event)

I know my luck is going to give out eventually, I'm just enjoying the ride for now.

You are way more than set, now to just keep playing :D

Top Bottom