• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

chrono01

I knew I shouldn't have started rerolling...

I've been at it for a few hours now...
Nothing of use in those few hours? That's insane. :(

Are you using the salted email method of re-rolling? If so, keep whatever accounts have usable SSR (in a text document or something) so you can return to it later if you don't manage to pull anything better. Best of luck to you!

Alfebit

Banned
Nothing of use in those few hours? That's insane. :(

Are you using the salted email method of re-rolling? If so, keep whatever accounts have usable SSR (in a text document or something) so you can return to it later if you don't manage to pull anything better. Best of luck to you!

I got a good roll a while back but I'm just trying for more.

And yes, I'm doing the salted email thing and writing down which accounts are worth keeping.

draw4wild

This is getting a little insane. Just realized I got a free premium ticket from my 6 day of logging in, pulled Aodios. Ive never seen him mentioned, is he any good? What does tension up mean? His weapon is a guitar so I already like him

It's pretty funny I pull him on my phone then have to go to my computer to translate to find out what his name is

This is getting a little insane. Just realized I got a free premium ticket from my 6 day of logging in, pulled Aodios. Ive never seen him mentioned, is he any good? What does tension up mean? His weapon is a guitar so I already like him

It's pretty funny I pull him on my phone then have to go to my computer to translate to find out what his name is

Tension is just another stacking attack buff, a real good buff, mind you. Gets insane if it ever lands a 3-4. Talking like 40-50% increases in damage on top of what you were doing before.

About the character, he's good. Deals lots of damage, can pull aggro to himself for awhile. Buffs to the team when you want to ougi the crap outta whatever you want.

Rixa

Hard, you need to be in a guild good enough to qualify and win, considering the low member limit of guilds it can be tough to get a spot.

Edit: Blew the rest of the jewels I had, had 9K jewels, out of three pulls got 1 SSR (Medusa - boo) and 2 B tier SR's. Would have been happy with just one new SSR character. Hopefully the free rolls deliver.
Grats \o_ for Medusa, see below ;)

I'm doomed.
No you are not. + 100% atk is fucking awesome bonus. It seems you have really great pull luck too, grats for allt hose ssr units you have (I have now 7, see below more). Check your friend request, tossed you fr as usual with familiar name ;), also see my party what Iam using in Celeste loot pic.

Hope you don't mind the add! I have no friends so far as I'm just getting the hang of these menus. I'm also playing on my iPad so no Chrome translations for me. If anyone would like to add a low level newb my ID is, 9905670, username is TbkGaf.
Same to you, tossed fr, check your friend requests.

Tension is just another stacking attack buff, a real good buff, mind you. Gets insane if it ever lands a 3-4. Talking like 40-50% increases in damage on top of what you were doing before.

I made my new record yesterday in damage made by one character.
Chain 1 + Ougi + Tension 4 + weak point -> Enemy Odin got 631200 damage. Tension rocks and gives nice - huge boost to damage.

My luck turned finally. Second day freebie ten rolls and todays first Celeste:
Screenshot_2016-03-29-23-17-37.png
Screenshot_2016-03-30-06-29-58.png
Hauling Arulumaya & Medusa from pulls and Celeste Claw from Celeste.

Funny how my few SSRs are divided between elements.
I have good ground for team building in every element now.

Yu Narukami

I'm trying to start a story mission but every time i get a caution message and it puts me back at the team rearrange menu. Anybody know what i should do?

Uthred

That new Akagi game tie-in is an easy 300 gems, just install the apk on your emulator/android device (https://apkpure.com/%E8%BF%91%E4%BB%A3%E9%BA%BB%E9%9B%80%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA-%E9%97%98%E7%89%8C%E4%BC%9D/jp.co.cygames.tohaiden) go into Granblue, hit Top, scroll down until you see the Akagi banner (directly above Campaign), use the blue [AD] button to launch the app, close it down, go back to Granblue and there's your gems (I did start up a match in the Akagi game but I'm not sure if thats required)

I'm trying to start a story mission but every time i get a caution message and it puts me back at the team rearrange menu. Anybody know what i should do?

You likely need a specific unit in your team, try using google translate via Chrome

chrono01

No you are not. + 100% atk is fucking awesome bonus. It seems you have really great pull luck too, grats for allt hose ssr units you have (I have now 7, see below more). Check your friend request, tossed you fr as usual with familiar name ;), also see my party what Iam using in Celeste loot pic.
Added you!

Yeah, my luck has been better than normal for my start of GBF. Here's hoping it continues. I really love this current campaign, though. It gives me something to look forward to each day, and not just a single summon either. What other gatcha game gives away TEN premium rolls during a day during a rate-up with exclusive units? That's unheard of! Let's hope it becomes a regular thing, but I'm guessing it might just be for the extra special events. Still, really cool though.

Congrats on your loot too! You seem to be doing pretty well yourself. A mix of SSR, similar to me. It's actually preferred, since it gives us a lot of potential teams to work with, as you pointed out. :)

Rixa

Added you!

Yeah, my luck has been better than normal for my start of GBF. Here's hoping it continues. I really love this current campaign, though. It gives me something to look forward to each day.
Congrats on your loot too! You seem to be doing pretty well yourself. A mix of SSR, similar to me. It's actually preferred, since it gives us a lot of potential teams to work with, as you pointed out. :)

PSA: Please hurry and try to get level 30 asap so you open those Magnas. During this event they are now 2 BP each to leech and summon as half price.

Try to leech as many Magna battles as you can, it really doesnt matter what Element magnas you go in this point (focus later). Just try to grab shitton of stuff from them and maybe get lucky pull with SSR (even better if they are not HP weapons).

Do story to get that missing level, you get 1½ exp from story missions with half ap price. Use pots if needed. Also _dont_ hesitate to use souls for BP. We dont know when next Magnafest is, its better to leech 2 BP costing Magnas than 5 BP (which is normal price).

chrono01

PSA: Please hurry and try to get level 30 asap so you open those Magnas. During this event they are now 2 BP each to leech and summon as half price.

Try to leech as many Magna battles as you can, it really doesnt matter what Element magnas you go in this point (focus later). Just try to grab shitton of stuff from them and maybe get lucky pull with SSR (even better if they are not HP weapons).

Do story to get that missing level, you get 1½ exp from story missions with half ap price. Use pots if needed. Also _dont_ hesitate to use souls for BP. We dont know when next Magnafest is, its better to leech 2 BP costing Magnas than 5 BP (which is normal price).
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll get right on that.

I was kind of waiting to do the story, so I can experience everything in context/English while I go through it, but I guess I'll take advantage of the 1/2 AP event to at least reach Rank 30 to unlock the Magna battles (as well as participate in the reduced BP for those). I'll just go through and read up on whatever story elements I missed when the English translation is released.

I was actually wondering about when those were going to unlock as well, I'm rank 26 now so I should really get on it while this event is active.

Rixa

Yeah. If I remember right "Normal" Magnas open at 30 and higher stuff (lvl 100) opens at 40, Proto Bahamut opens at 50. Then there are those HL multibattles that you need to be at 101 level to participate.
First Proto Bahamut you can do at level 80 (which gives Horn as reward).
Those higher multibattles dont yield so good rewards than Magnas so it might not be good idea to do them at this point (when you open them).

I've finally got some SSR on the accounts I've been rerolling, the summon Quetzcotal on one and Eugen on the other. Which do you guys think I should keep?

Oro

Managed to reroll Silva, Aoidos, Yoda, and Oceanus. Now I just have to figure out how to play the game now.

Yaari

That new Akagi game tie-in is an easy 300 gems, just install the apk on your emulator/android device (https://apkpure.com/%E8%BF%91%E4%BB%A3%E9%BA%BB%E9%9B%80%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA-%E9%97%98%E7%89%8C%E4%BC%9D/jp.co.cygames.tohaiden) go into Granblue, hit Top, scroll down until you see the Akagi banner (directly above Campaign), use the blue [AD] button to launch the app, close it down, go back to Granblue and there's your gems (I did start up a match in the Akagi game but I'm not sure if thats required)

You likely need a specific unit in your team, try using google translate via Chrome

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. I started it up but it doesn't seem to give me anything in Grablue (Checked my mailbox too).

chrono01

I just unlocked the second island. I had some sort of prompt after I did, but I wasn't playing in Chrome at the time (was using the Chrome App for ease of use) so I couldn't translate. It was a graphic with characters and an image of a multi-battle. They had two options at the bottom, one brought me to a name prompt and the other to what looked like a guild selection menu. I'm guess that to get me to choose a guild? Anyway, since I didn't know how to leave when I joined one (and am waiting for a spot in either the current GAF guild or another that might possibly start up post-English release) I just hit My Page and backed out of it.

I unlocked the Dark Fencer class! After I master this one, which should be the one I focus on next?

I'm nearly to Rank 30. I should easily hit it by today, and then I can focus on grinding some of those magna while the 1/2 BP event is ongoing. Thanks for the recommendation, Rixa!

Edit: I just did an Extreme+ Behemoth and got an SS Light weapon. Not sure what it is, but I'll take it.

Yaari

I just unlocked the second island. I had some sort of prompt after I did, but I wasn't playing in Chrome at the time (was using the Chrome App for ease of use) so I couldn't translate. It was a graphic with characters and an image of a multi-battle. They had two options at the bottom, one brought me to a name prompt and the other to what looked like a guild selection menu. I'm guess that to get me to choose a guild? Anyway, since I didn't know how to leave when I joined one (and am waiting for a spot in either the current GAF guild or another that might possibly start up post-English release) I just hit My Page and backed out of it.

I unlocked the Dark Fencer class! After I master this one, which should be the one I focus on next?

I'm nearly to Rank 30. I should easily hit it by today, and then I can focus on grinding some of those magna while the 1/2 BP event is ongoing. Thanks for the recommendation, Rixa!

Edit: I just did an Extreme+ Behemoth and got an SS Light weapon. Not sure what it is, but I'll take it.
Yeah that should be a GW weapon. What type of weapon did you get? That's pretty lucky.

Aim for Sidwinder/ Weaponmaster / Hawkeye. They are the usual classes and will help your progress.

In Discord earlier today, it was told that you need JP Mobile number it to work.

I reinstalled Andyroid and I managed to claim the 300 now. This time, I didn't even start the game, I just clicked on the bar below [AD], its blue and it allowed me to claim them.

Note: I did boot up the game prior to this. Maybe it remembered that.

Either way, 300 free gems during this legfest is always appreciated.

chrono01

Wouldn't that be the GW Light weapon then?
Probably, I'm not entirely sure on these things, haha. I'm still learning everything. It seems like it. \o/

Yeah that should be a GW weapon. What type of weapon did you get? That's pretty lucky.

Aim for Sidwinder/ Weaponmaster / Hawkeye. They are the usual classes and will help your progress.
It was a sword. I knew something was strange when the gold chest that dropped after we killed the Behemoth did a shake/flip in the air and made a distinct sound.

And thanks, I'll aim for those classes after I finish off Dark Fencer. :)

garath

You are too lucky chrono lol.

I've resigned myself to no GW weapon this time around. Maybe next time when I can solo the very hard eye I can pull it out. As it is, I've done over 700 pulls and no weapon. With the 1/2 BP event it doesn't make sense to keep working on GW.

chrono01

When does the GW end? I'm tempted to waste away my AP and BP doing magnas/hard versions.
The 31st (JST). Not much time left. :(

I've resigned myself to no GW weapon this time around. Maybe next time when I can solo the very hard eye I can pull it out. As it is, I've done over 700 pulls and no weapon. With the 1/2 BP event it doesn't make sense to keep working on GW.
Oh man, I know. I don't know what's going on, I'm never usually this lucky in gatcha games. I know eventually it'll all catch up to me and I'll be struck with negative luck until the end of time. :/

I'll get to rank 30 in a couple of hours when I get home, so this will be my final Extreme+ Behemoth. Gonna focus on Magnas after this.

I also did some Angel Dungeons just now, what a way to spam your inbox full of weapons.

Rixa

When does the GW end? I'm tempted to waste away my AP and BP doing magnas/hard versions.

Chrono indeed is lucky :D.

Gw ends today, not sure how many hours. I stopped doing gw yesterday and will continue whenever it happens next time. I have only one gw weapon (pulled my gacha to empty since I had around 70 items left when I pulled axe). Half event is so good that screw some stupid VH Eyeball farming.

Gizuko

The 31st (JST).

I'm better off using my AP/BP with magnas then.

Congrats on getting that GW weapon as a drop, I thought it was a legend lol.

Gw ends today, not sure how many hours. I stopped doing gw yesterday and will continue whenever it happens next time. I have only one gw weapon (pulled my gacha to empty since I had around 70 items left when I pulled axe). Half event is so good that screw some stupid VH Eyeball farming.

I know right? It's even worse when you use Yoda to one-shot it - I probably can't beat it without him though.

chrono01

It scares me too. O_O

I'm going to go all-in next time GW returns, since I know what to expect (more-or-less). I wish you better luck next time.

I'm better off using my AP/BP with magnas then.

Congrats on getting that GW weapon as a drop, I thought it was a legend lol.
Yeah, if you have grinding to do, better get at it!

And thanks. :)

linkent

What do you guys do if the battle screen stucked?
Mine was stucked on Battle 2/2.
Reload and restart doesnt work, so i cancel the quest and start over.
Now it is stucked at battle 1/2

Rixa

What do you guys do if the battle screen stucked?
Mine was stucked on Battle 2/2.
Reload and restart doesnt work, so i cancel the quest and start over.
Now it is stucked at battle 1/2

Copypaste link and open new browser in dev mode. Atleast it fixes situations when F5 doesnt work.
Or just open new browser and log to it and continue battle.

linkent

Copypaste link and open new browser in dev mode. Atleast it fixes situations when F5 doesnt work.
Or just open new browser and log to it and continue battle.
I am on iphone(should have mention that first)
Killing the app doesnt work.
Is there an option to download all the data first or we have to download data everytime we do a new quest?

draw4wild

Should I feel guilty at all going into other people's multi battles and using Yoda to kill it in round 4? Last one I did the mob was at like 2%health but Yoda still hit it for 999999dmg giving me mvp

Also got a Leviathan SR summon to drop from someone's Hard multi battle. Is this the one I need for a water team? Still using the original proto Bahamut you start the game with

Gizuko

I got 2 SSR levi weapons to drop in around 3 days but no SSR summon so far (I actually want the summon). This 1/2 AP/BP event is the best.

Should I feel guilty at all going into other people's multi battles and using Yoda to kill it in round 4? Last one I did the mob was at like 2%health but Yoda still hit it for 999999dmg giving me mvp

Also got a Leviathan SR summon to drop from someone's Hard multi battle. Is this the one I need for a water team? Still using the original proto Bahamut you start the game with

Don't feel bad, unless it's a guildmate. I don't, at least.

And you want the SSR summon that drops from magnas, although the SR version is not bad by any means if you are starting.

Yes, you should but not too much. The whole reason you use yoda is to help skip a lot of the grind at the start and mid game.

Now in Co-op, don't spam yoda, at least not till everyone gets there licks in for exp.

Top Bottom