• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

chrono01

Okay. I cant be mad & sad anymore for my non SSR LegFest pulls.

Got a Lady Grey. Now I just need 5 Gold Animas to lb her more and then get her to max level and lb it once more (when I have the stuff).

Darkness here I come.
Embrace the darkness.

Congrats!

Gizuko

Okay. I cant be mad & sad anymore for my non SSR LegFest pulls.

Got a Lady Grey. Now I just need 5 Gold Animas to lb her more and then get her to max level and lb it once more (when I have the stuff).

Darkness here I come.

Congrats!

Was hoping you'd break your streak soon.

I was going to use a KonoSuba reference for that "Darkness here I come" bit, but I realised it might have been a bit obscure :<

Rixa

Congrats!

Was hoping you'd break your streak soon.

I was going to use a KonoSuba reference for that "Darkness here I come" bit, but I realised it might have been a bit obscure :<

Thanks to both. Care to enlightnen that spoiler part?
I may be dumb or just dunno what it would mean :).

Edit: Ohh :D. ty tiltnkirby

Rixa

Meanwhile, lets go fishing.
GBFgonefishing.PNG

garath

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/915/guide-grind-weapon-pool

When I started I used mostly max lb attack magna SRs and random event weapons.

Awesome. Thanks :) I think I'm starting to get it. Now my goal is to get the skill levels up for my weapons.

Great news! I'm glad I didn't wait though. I still balk at spending $30 on a mobile game but maybe if I'm still playing I might do that start dash. We'll see.

DrAg0nBoY

So after seeing this getting a localization I tried to make an account and got Eugen (SSR) version. Just want to know if I should keep that account or try to reroll and get something better?

Yaari

So after seeing this getting a localization I tried to make an account and got Eugen (SSR) version. Just want to know if I should keep that account or try to reroll and get something better?

Id personally keep trying until I got 2 SSRs. It's really a great opportunity. And you can write down the details of that account and roll another 10 tomorrow.

Eugen is an S tier Earth unit. But Earth isnt really a great element to get started with from what I understand.

Once you get the thing figured out, it takes about 3-4 minutes per reroll. It's pretty fast on PC.

Make sure you take advantage of the free 10-roll event that's going on on every reroll you do, you could very well get started with more than one SSR that way. Eugen's good, so I would keep a record of that account, but it's worth trying a few more rerolls as well.

garath

Nice. Got my first magna summon. The light one from Chevalier. It's pretty hard to level up summons though. Level material isn't nearly as prevalent as weapon materials.

Make sure you take advantage of the free 10-roll event that's going on on every reroll you do, you could very well get started with more than one SSR that way. Eugen's good, so I would keep a record of that account, but it's worth trying a few more rerolls as well.
Do we know when this event ends?
I'd rather wait for the English translation to be released to start playing but if the event is finished by then, it would feel like a waste.

Gizuko

What I got. is it worth a damn?
Try to get 1 or more SSRs, since you can do an extra 10 pull every day during the current event. Don't settle for SR even if they are really good (if you are rerolling, I mean).

It'll definitely be over by English release.

It seems they localized this event's assets, unlike GW's, so it might actually happen before it ends. Wouldn't hold my breath, though.

This isn't a rerol. I already have one (I've been told) SSR. This is just my free roll from the event. Shame it's useless

Oh ok, no worries then. SR characters aren't necessarily bad though, and it IS only a 6% chance of a SSR. I rolled twice today and got nothing out of 2 ten rolls so it happens.

Yaari

Wait there's a free 10 roll every day? I thought it was some arond one off thig. How many days I've missed so far?

2 or 3? But there's still 3-4 more. I suggest making 10 accounts, rolling them every day, and one should stand out with like, 5~ SSRs. If you are lucky.

2 or 3? But there's still 3-4 more. I suggest making 10 accounts, rolling them every day, and one should stand out with like, 5~ SSRs. If you are lucky.

Not interested in rerolling, I will stick with what I ahve which is 2 accounts, one completely abandoned and just collecting dust one only 90% abandoned and collecting dust, all till english version comes out.

So, here's another account's result:
download

Even pooer, but this character is hot... I mean, has a very appealing design, so can I make her work somehow?
download

Renkax

English text for the JP version?! Or is it a true western release?:eek: really happy to hope back in this game and have clue of what I'm doing lol

garath

Its almost tempting to reroll my existing account with all these freebies. Having 7-8 SSR units instead of the 3 I have might be worth sacrificing the last couple months of play.

Azusa

English text for the JP version?! Or is it a true western release?:eek: really happy to hope back in this game and have clue of what I'm doing lol

eng language option in jp ver.

Its almost tempting to reroll my existing account with all these freebies. Having 7-8 SSR units instead of the 3 I have might be worth sacrificing the last couple months of play.

Never worth. Granblu is all about weapons. SSR character cant carry you. Only Yoda can and only in early game.

Do we know when this event ends?
I'd rather wait for the English translation to be released to start playing but if the event is finished by then, it would feel like a waste.

You wouldn't miss out much by not waiting for the English translation, rerolling and grabbing the 10-roll gacha only requires you to play through (and after that skip though) the tutorial. Obviously if you don't care for getting a better start then waiting is fine, but otherwise I would definitely go for it while the event lasts because you're essentially getting $30 a day for free.

Yaari

Like Azusa said, its about weapons. But I still started over when I was nearly 3 weeks in after I had bad legfest results and obtained a single 10roll 4 SSR account.

It's your call really. If you get 2 SSRs that fit well together, then you have a nice team to build with.

If you can get the thing going on a PC then its pretty fast too. And IMO, 10 rolls are actually fun to do. Much better than the 1 or 2 rolls at a time, some of us had to go through. Haha.

ah_hia

I can finally understand the story on the 11th.
I wish Chain chronicle jp will do an english update as well but that that game is going downhill anyway.
Anybody know where the language setting will be located in the game or is it too early for it to be there? &#968;(&#65344;&#8711;´)&#968;

You wouldn't miss out much by not waiting for the English translation, rerolling and grabbing the 10-roll gacha only requires you to play through (and after that skip though) the tutorial.
Yeah, and I figured that once the English translation is released, I'll still be able to use a dummy account to replay the tutorial in English (if there's no way to replay it in-game) and then switch back to my real account to start playing for real.
These free 10-rolls are really tempting. I guess the reroll madness starts tonight for me.

Rixa

I can finally understand the story. I wish Chain chronicle jp will do an english update as well but that that game is going downhill anyway.
anybody know where the language setting will be located in the game or is it too early for it to be there? &#968;(&#65344;&#8711;´)&#968;

JPCC wont do it. Its Segas game and they already closed one game in the west that was in soft launch (War Pirates).

As others have said, this game isnt only for SSR units, its the weapons that matter. Best weapons are gained in game by grinding & rng, not from gacha.

Yeah, and I figured that once the English translation is released, I'll still be able to use a dummy account to replay the tutorial in English (if there's no way to replay it in-game) and then switch back to my real account to start playing for real.
These free 10-rolls are really tempting. I guess the reroll madness starts tonight for me.

GBF day changes in 6h53mins from now. If you start after it you lose one 10 rolls. So try to start earlier than game day change.

GBF day changes in 6h53mins from now. If you start after it you lose one 10 rolls. So try to start earlier than game day change.
Ah, thanks, that's good to know. That should leave me 4 hours to try and get one/several good accounts once I get home from work.

Gizuko

Yo, farm this event like there's no tomorrow, Silver certificates can drop! (I thought they were only available in the shop)

There's an English beta?

Random accounts were chosen for the Alpha, and they have the ability to cange the language from JP to English. Not everyone has it.

Yeah, got an in-game mail that let me change the language option to English.

Can you tell step-by-step what you had to do to get into it? Just so I and others aren't missing something while looking whether or not they've been selected.

Korrop

Neo Member
Random accounts were chosen for the Alpha, and they have the ability to cange the language from JP to English. Not everyone has it.

Can you tell step-by-step what you had to do to get into it? Just so I and others aren't missing something while looking whether or not they've been selected.

If you have access to the English language option you should have gotten an in-game mail letting you change languages. Under settings there's an new option to change languages. It's the very last option in settings.

Thought I'd post here since it's more active than the other thread.

Is there going to be an english account registration portal? How do I start rerolling so I'm ready? I think some of the guides out there online are old....

Probably not, this guide should still be fine though.

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

Only change is that you can skip directly from tutorial/12 to tutorial/32. (it'll bump you back down to 30 and from there you can continue)

Oh and don't bother with the Magazine tickets, they're not worth the time it takes to enter them for rerolls.

DrAg0nBoY

So I did some rerolls and would just like to know which account to keep, because I don't think I will have the will to do rolls on all of them:
Eugen (SSR)
Sochie (SSR)
Sara (SSR)
Lennah (SSR)
Amira (SSR)
Magisa (SSR)
Metera (SSR)

If I even should keep one and not roll for another one.

draw4wild

I'm actually doing this with a few accounts. I'm no where as invested as you (only 1 week in and no money spent) but if one of the accounts look good at the end of the 6 days then I'll consider switching. This seems to be the best time we're ever going to get when it comes to rerolling

As it is now, my main account is still having the best luck with 5SSRs including Yoda.

Top Bottom