• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Aww shit:

gYUXljn.png

I can't get this account banned now. Gonna change my email with a quickness.

h0tp0ck3t

I was gonna try this out tonight but does this mean you can't reroll anymore or is it just banning people using multiple accounts on one email address?

Noi

Round 4! How did my teams fare.

Accounts
#1 - Aoidos, Magisa, Riruru
#5 - Charlotte, Heles, Altheia. Summon: Apollo, Athena
#7 - De La Fille, Agielba. SSR Summon: Kaguya, Lich
#8 - Heles. Summon: Odin,Flam=Glass
#9 - Beatrix, Vira (SSR)
#10 - Yodaraha, Catherine
#11 - Petra (SSR), Arulumaya, Albel
#12 - Zeta, Vampy, Salhamerina. Summon: Athena, Medusa
#15 - Rackman (Limited Ver.), Vira (SSR), Claris, Lancelot
#19 - Arulumaya. Summon: Siren, Dark Angel Olivier

Holy moly. I thought #12's dominance was secured, but then it seems #1 heard me laughing at it yesterday and decided enough was enough by getting both Magisa and Riruru in the same pull. Similarly, #15 got two in one pull and now sports a limited SSR, and /three/ S ranks. A lot of the others struck out, though #12 managed to pull an earth summon (which doesn't help the fire team comp much). I kinda wanted team Yoda to be luckier than it has been, but it seems to be stuck in a rut, haha.

Guess I really am gonna have to wait and sit until all the rolls are done before I pick a team. Never say never and all that.

SephiZack

Bought the Start-Dash ticket and got SSR Makyura Marius.
Now I don't know which character to choose because I have started two days ago and I don't know what the meta is in this game. I read that early game Yoda is OP but I'm worried that he might be useful only the first few days and maybe I should get a character that will be useful late game. I'm not sure

My current SSR characters are:
Percival (fire)
Clarice (fire)
Caterpillar (current event fire summon)
Altair (water)
Lily (water)
Makyura Maryus (water summon)
Io (light)
Meruu (earth)
Cybele (earth summon)
Rena (wind)

A suggestion from someone who knows how to play would be appreciated, thanks

Uthred

Three SSR's in one pull, that wounds my soul ;), congrats

Single Pull: Junk / Free 10 Pull - SR (Arusha). Good SR but still, boooooo / Jewel 10 Pull - Nothing but R & SR dupes, double booo

Bought the Start-Dash ticket and got SSR Makyura Marius.
Now I don't know which character to choose because I have started two days ago and I don't know what the meta is in this game. I read that early game Yoda is OP but I'm worried that he might be useful only the first few days and maybe I should get a character that will be useful late game. I'm not sure

My current SSR characters are:
Percival (fire)
Clarice (fire)
Caterpillar (current event fire summon)
Altair (water)
Lily (water)
Makyura Maryus (water summon)
Io (light)
Meruu (earth)
Cybele (earth summon)
Rena (wind)

A suggestion from someone who knows how to play would be appreciated, thanks

The early and mid-game generally takes a few months to get through (depending on luck and time invested of course), so Yoda is useful for a good while. If you got Yuel you would have both an excellent starting fire team and an excellent end game fire team. However Percival+Clarice will get you a good way with fire, if you wanted to buff another element I'd suggest Silva or Lancelot for Water. Both do well at all stages of the game, of course Yoda also pairs well with Altair.

chrono01

Oh, hell. They're banning salted email accounts? Now I'm worried. I have the Bahamut summon, multiple SSR, and I spent close to $100 CDN on my account. :(

If you change your account email, I assume your password stays the same? I'm afraid of getting locked out of my account.

Yaari

Oh, hell. They're banning salted email accounts? Now I'm worried. I have the Bahamut summon, multiple SSR, and I spent close to $100 CDN on my account. :(

If you change your account email, I assume your password stays the same? I'm afraid of getting locked out of my account.

Lol naw they won't ban anyone that paid money.

This whole banning thing is blown up anyway.

Caim

I'm assuming you can only change your name once every 90 days? I think messed up because I didn't know what menu I was in at the time and I'm stuck with the name you start with. I'm on iOS if that helps.

SephiZack

Is there a waitlist to get into the GAF guild or will someone create a second guild?

The early and mid-game generally takes a few months to get through (depending on luck and time invested of course), so Yoda is useful for a good while. If you got Yuel you would have both an excellent starting fire team and an excellent end game fire team. However Percival+Clarice will get you a good way with fire, if you wanted to buff another element I'd suggest Silva or Lancelot for Water. Both do well at all stages of the game, of course Yoda also pairs well with Altair.

If I have the ticket, can I claim it after 7 days when the promotion is expired? Because I think I will wait for the free 10-pulls to finish and in the meantime I will also get another 3000-crystal pull.

Thanks for the help.

Vamphuntr

Do you have a guide on how to buy stuff? I checked the guide in the OP with no luck.

I

If I have the ticket, can I claim it after 7 days when the promotion is expired? Because I think I will wait for the free 10-pulls to finish and in the meantime I will also get another 3000-crystal pull.

Thanks for the help.

when you click on the start dash banner, there should be a date showing when it ends

you can compare that with when the current legfes ends

of course, start dash comes back every month or so, so you can always wait

I still haven't bought it yet and i started in like july lol

chrono01

Do you have a guide on how to buy stuff? I checked the guide in the OP with no luck.
I only know how to do it on iOS, since I don't have an Android device. I think if you're on Android, you can download/install the Granblue Fantasy APK, link it to your Google Wallet, and purchase in-game currency with ease. I can't do that on iOS, since all of the Android emulators don't agree with my PC. :(

What I do is purchase pre-paid cards (I use precamo.com/mobage) and then add the value to my Mobage account. It then shows up for use in Granblue Fantasy. You don't get the whole value of the card though (it's usually a hundred or so less than the advertised amount), so you can't buy a 3k yen card and then grab a Start Dash/Surprise Ticket with it. You'll need to purchase the 5k yen one, but whatever you don't use will remain for next time, so it's not too bad.

I can do up a guide of sorts later if you want. Buying the card on precamo is pretty easy (use Chrome and the translate function if you really need to), and adding it to your Mobage account is equally as simple.

Faynwulf

The ban rumors made me a bit scared so I think I'll keep this account:
Henriette, Siegfried, Seruel, Zeus (Summon), Catalina

Is this good enough for a start?

Vamphuntr

I only know how to do it on iOS, since I don't have an Android device. I think if you're on Android, you can download/install the Granblue Fantasy APK, link it to your Google Wallet, and purchase in-game currency with ease. I can't do that on iOS, since all of the Android emulators don't agree with my PC. :(

What I do is purchase pre-paid cards (I use precamo.com/mobage) and then add the value to my Mobage account. It then shows up for use in Granblue Fantasy. You don't get the whole value of the card though (it's usually a hundred or so less than the advertised amount), so you can't buy a 3k yen card and then grab a Start Dash/Surprise Ticket with it. You'll need to purchase the 5k yen one, but whatever you don't use will remain for next time, so it's not too bad.

I can do up a guide of sorts later if you want. Buying the card on precamo is pretty easy (use Chrome and the translate function if you really need to), and adding it to your Mobage account is equally as simple.

Thanks a lot! I think I will manage to do it. I can read a bit of Japanese.

SephiZack

On android, I downloaded Granblue from the QooApp app and then when I tried to buy the start-dash ticket in the shop, the payment thing from Play Store came out and I made the purchase as if it was any other purchase on the Play Store

Yaari

Just got Amira from 1 of my 2 10rolls. Total of 20 SSRs now.

Been playing a little longer but the event has been good to me.

Ala Alba

Well, all my accounts are still alive, so that's good. Didn't really get anything great, but I guess that balances out my previous good luck.

Just give me something complimentary on my Bahamut or Lucifer accounts, plz...

pach6dK.png

As always don't even know if this wasn't a waste of my time to 10roll (once again, not a reroll, just regular crud I am accumulating from these free 10 rolls on an actual account I plan using anyway)

Gizuko

Does anyone use Discord on their phone/tablet? I'm considering installing it, since I usually am away from my Pc, but don't want my table's battery life to go down the drain (I really need it to work for long periods of time without recharging.

pach6dK.png

As always don't even know if this wasn't a waste of my time to 10roll (once again, not a reroll, just regular crud I am accumulating from these free 10 rolls on an actual account I plan using anyway)

Carbuncles (SR summon) are good, since they raise attack and defense for their element.

chrono01

Aww shit:

I can't get this account banned now. Gonna change my email with a quickness.
You're set. Enjoy. :)

Got this from my 10 pull today:
Jealousy engaged!

Congrats.

The ban rumors made me a bit scared so I think I'll keep this account:
Henriette, Siegfried, Seruel, Zeus (Summon), Catalina

Is this good enough for a start?
Catarina/Katarina is my waifu, you did great. Zeus is a great summon too. I assume the Katarina is the SSR version and not the SR one we all get?

Just got Amira from 1 of my 2 10rolls. Total of 20 SSRs now.

Been playing a little longer but the event has been good to me.
Congrats! Nothing but salt from my ten-pull. :(

razterik

Is there some sort of anti-Yoda support group? Joining a raid only to watch the boss get one shot from almost full health after a turn or less is really annoying.

Having decent luck with 10 pulls, average one SSR per day so far. Yesterday was Vira and today Catalina, who I guess have some sort of story connection? Can't wait till English and I can understand this stuff.

chrono01

Is there some sort of anti-Yoda support group? Joining a raid only to watch the boss get one shot from almost full health after a turn or less is really annoying.

Having decent luck with 10 pulls, average one SSR per day so far. Yesterday was Vira and today Catalina, who I guess have some sort of story connection? Can't wait till English and I can understand this stuff.
Vira is yandere towards Katarina.

Nice job on the pulls. I had great luck in the beginning, averaging one SSR per day like you. Last three days nothing, though. :/

As for Yoda, he's definitely going to be the next character I Surprise Ticket. I was going to do Vampy, to complete my dark-team, but I need Yoda first for easy magna grinding. I see the importance of it now.

Lockon

Second day of rolling, new units from today in bold:

1. Magisa Sarunan (light) Zeta Karumerina
2. Petra + 1 ssr summon Gurani
3. Serueru
4. Sarunan (dark)
5. Arurumeiya
6. Aretia Cagliostro
7. Zaruhamerina Karumerina
8. Heruese
9. Zeta Lancelot
10. Arurumeiya + 1 ssr summon Satyr
11. Vila + 1 ssr summon Satan
12. Clarice Karumerina Fina
13. Lady Grey Aretia Gawain Metera Serueru
14. Lily Juel
15. Sarunan (dark) Bazaraga + 1 ssr summon Medusa

Guess no. 1 and 13 are the best right now?

Lockon

I went to dinner and thought might as well roll everyday on all my 30 accounts, glad I did:
Bold = I got it today

+1 Sophia Albert
+2 ssr summon Nataku
+3 Vampy
+4 Cagliostro + ssr summon Satyr
+5 Yoda Gawain
+6 Sochie
+7 Zaruhamerina
+8 Magisa Sarunan (light) Zeta Karumerina
+9 Petra + 1 ssr summon Gurani
+10 Serueru
+11 Sarunan (dark)
+12 Arurumeiya
+13 Aretia Cagliostro
+16 Zaruhamerina Karumerina
+17 Heruese
+19 Zeta Lancelot
+20 Aretia Metera Narumea Sarunan (dark)
+21 Arurumeiya + 1 ssr summon Satyr
+22 Vila + 1 ssr summon Satan
+23 Clarice Karumerina Fina
+24 Lady Grey Aretia Gawain Metera Serueru
+25 Eugene
+26 Lily Juel
+30 Sarunan (dark) Bazaraga + 1 ssr summon Medusa

So is Yoda really really good that the account I got it on is better than the current ones that have 4-5 SSR?

chrono01

I went to dinner and thought might as well roll everyday on all my 30 accounts, glad I did:
Bold = I got it today

+1 Sophia Albert
+2 ssr summon Nataku
+3 Vampy
+4 Cagliostro + ssr summon Satyr
+5 Yoda Gawain
+6 Sochie
+7 Zaruhamerina
+8 Magisa Sarunan (light) Zeta Karumerina
+9 Petra + 1 ssr summon Gurani
+10 Serueru
+11 Sarunan (dark)
+12 Arurumeiya
+13 Aretia Cagliostro
+16 Zaruhamerina Karumerina
+17 Heruese
+19 Zeta Lancelot
+20 Aretia Metera Narumea Sarunan (dark)
+21 Arurumeiya + 1 ssr summon Satyr
+22 Vila + 1 ssr summon Satan
+23 Clarice Karumerina Fina
+24 Lady Grey Aretia Gawain Metera Serueru
+25 Eugene
+26 Lily Juel
+30 Sarunan (dark) Bazaraga + 1 ssr summon Medusa

So is Yoda really really good that the account I got it on is better than the current ones that have 4-5 SSR?
Yoda supposedly is a GOD early on. That being said, if you have an account with just him and more with multiple SSR (and you don't mind spending money), it might be worth going for the multiple SSR account and just getting Yoda with a ticket. It's up to you, though!

On the subject of magna, is there any way to search for a specific one or do I just have to continually refresh the list for the one I want? My clicking finger is getting tired.

On the subject of magna, is there any way to search for a specific one or do I just have to continually refresh the list for the one I want? My clicking finger is getting tired.

Make a tweetdeck search column with the magna name (i.e. LV70 コロッサス・マグナ for colossus) and copy paste like your life depends on it.

kiryogi

Banned
Is a full earth team a worthwhile investment? I also have an SSR earth summon.

A full team of a single element is a worthwhile investment period. You eventually want to transition into having a team for every element. But early on, you want to focus on a single element

Sara wouldn't be bad either. She's the best tank period in the entire game.

Ok I changed the emails to my two best rerolls. Let's hope nothing gets banned. One of them has order grande who I hear is really good. But she isn't a character?

pix

What website or account page do I use to login and change my email on my account im using from a salted email to a normal one?

chrono01

Ok I changed the emails to my two best rerolls. Let's hope nothing gets banned. One of them has order grande who I hear is really good. But she isn't a character?
If I had an account with either Bahamut, Lucifer, or Order Grande, I'd purchase Mobacoins and lock in that account. If you have the funds to do so, anyway.

As for Order Grande, she's a summon and a great one at that.

So like many others here, I'm a little concerned about the bans since I started a ton of salted accounts because of this event. Seeing as all the ones I care about are still working, I might just hold out solidifying an account until the 4th, but I might cave in before then.

Which of these three accounts do you think I should primarily stick with? This is my first of this type of mobage, so I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it once english releases. I saw Yoda has diminishing returns in the long run, which makes me think Team #1 with Lancelot and Rosetta is the way to go. None of these accounts have any worthwhile summons yet btw.

Top Bottom