• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

kiryogi

Banned
I definetly wouldn't mind giving away the extras should someone like one of the account. Do you have an opinion on the water, dark, or light accounts? I feel light is a little weaker overall but I have a crush on Jeanne which is why I'm even considering it
Light and dark is suffering. It's a lot harder to build up a light and dark pool than to build up a pool based off the main 4 elements.

This is Dark/Light life VS the main 4
HyYpTMO.png

Sheiter

CZIIsJD.png

Went crazy with the rolling for this event. Started playing ~2 weeks before it started but am most likely switching accounts with how some of these turned out. I know Lucifer and Grande are super rare gacha only summons but with the Lucifer account failing to turn out many good light units and the Grande account being generally lackluster combined with me really just wanting to focus on the 4 main elements as a relative newbie i have no clue which account to take as my main right now. I'd prefer to either pick an account with Yoda or start dash him so I can start to MVP magna's and do events asap but I don't really see any good teams formed on many of my accounts. And insight would be appreciated before I decide tomorrow.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
When do the free rolls end? That way I know when to buy the start dash. Also, anyone know how to change email address, username, and how to get the start dash?

EDIT: Whoops. Saw the post about only one more day.

Ala Alba

Went crazy with the rolling for this event. Started playing ~2 weeks before it started but am most likely switching accounts with how some of these turned out. I know Lucifer and Grande are super rare gacha only summons but with the Lucifer account failing to turn out many good light units and the Grande account being generally lackluster combined with me really just wanting to focus on the 4 main elements as a relative newbie i have no clue which account to take as my main right now. I'd prefer to either pick an account with Yoda or start dash him so I can start to MVP magna's and do events asap but I don't really see any good teams formed on many of my accounts. And insight would be appreciated before I decide tomorrow.

Yeah, my Lucifer and Bahamut accounts are even worse than that. No SSR characters at all.

So many accounts, you guys...

1. Highest progress, the one I played the most, has Clarisa and Rosetta
2. The one I got first, has Sarunan, Percival, Nezahualpilli, Metera
3. No SSR characters, one SSR summon (some light elemented shota)

And even then, 3rd account was made simply because I have a gacha addition and watned another excuse to roll...

How are you managing 55 accounts for rolling and still keep any sort of sense of them, I have no idea.

draw4wild

Took me awhile to get through all those. Based on what I've read all week I think these accounts deserve consideration

12 for fire
20 for water
39 for water plus lucifer
51 has a lot of quality units
52 for earth with eugen and Sara
55 for Yoda plus a good start to a dark team

These are my opinions from reading everything I could read this last week. Also, I sent you a PM, I'd love the Luci account if you decide against it, I want the misery of light grinding

So I ran 4 accounts through and ended up with (so far, I guess I still have tomorrow before I make a choice)

1. Charlotta, Rosetta
2. Narumeia, Yuel, Apollo
3. Narumeia, Vira, Vampy
4. The Grand Order, Arulumaya

Roll 3 has all characters that I like, but Roll 4 has the Grand Order. Is the Dark type such a big issue (or the flip side, is the Grand Order such a big deal) that it'll noticeably bother me later on? Because Vira and Narumeia are pretty sweet.

kiryogi

Banned
So I ran 4 accounts through and ended up with (so far, I guess I still have tomorrow before I make a choice)

1. Charlotta, Rosetta
2. Narumeia, Yuel, Apollo
3. Narumeia, Vira, Vampy
4. The Grand Order, Arulumaya

Roll 3 has all characters that I like, but Roll 4 has the Grand Order. Is the Dark type such a big issue (or the flip side, is the Grand Order such a big deal) that it'll noticeably bother me later on? Because Vira and Narumeia are pretty sweet.

Did you not see my image? D: Dark has a lot of issues going against it right now.

Issue #1: The drop rate for the SSR weapons that actually matter for your pool is astronomically low compared to the main 4. Not only that, the SR weapons, the less rare of the bunch, are pretty useless because they have HP up not attack up. But because you are Dark, you really have no choice but to accept those.

Issue #2: Your only other chance to get dark weapons is from events, and we recently had a streak of 3 Dark Events in a row. It's going to be a Dark dry spell for awhile.

I mean, if you can be a trooper like Rixa and really like those chars, by all means go for it. But be prepared to realize your progression compared to your peers, will be a lot slower.

Sheiter

Took me awhile to get through all those. Based on what I've read all week I think these accounts deserve consideration

12 for fire
20 for water
39 for water plus lucifer
51 has a lot of quality units
52 for earth with eugen and Sara
55 for Yoda plus a good start to a dark team

These are my opinions from reading everything I could read this last week. Also, I sent you a PM, I'd love the Luci account if you decide against it, I want the misery of light grinding

After doing more reading and talking on discord I'm leaning towards taking 39 and just focusing on water with lucifer as a friend acquiring stat stick until I eventually build a light team, but If I decide against it I'll let you know.

I'd go with #3, personally.

Oh nah, don't listen to that. Extreme is only an option later on. Early on, you can farm mats from Angel Halo dungeons, or from the dailies, which rotate every daily.

I'd go with Team #1. Rosetta is extremely good for almost any team and Lancelot is just a great damage dealer in general for Water. Meanwhile Yodar is a gimmick.

Thanks for the help guys. I just pulled Magisa on my Yoda team, so Team #3 is looking a bit stronger now. I'll see how the next two days ago, but Team #1 is probably going to be the one I'll main.

Lockon

Barely get any SSR on 30 accounts today. New today in bold

+1 Sophia Albert
+2 Gandagouza Ferri + ssr summon Nataku
+3 Vampy + ssr summon Prometheus
+4 Cagliostro + ssr summon Satyr
+5 Yoda Gawain
+6 Sochie Clarice
+7 Zaruhamerina Catalina
+8 Magisa Sarunan (light) Zeta Karumerina Petra
+9 Petra Bazaraga Lancelot + 1 ssr summon Gurani
+10 Serueru
+11 Sarunan (dark)
+12 Arurumeiya
+13 Aretia Cagliostro Gandagouza
+14 ssr summon The Order Grande Siren
+16 Zaruhamerina Karumerina
+17 Heruese Ferri
+19 Zeta Lancelot
+20 Aretia Metera Narumea Sarunan (dark)
+21 Arurumeiya + 1 ssr summon Satyr
+22 Vila + 1 ssr summon Satan
+23 Clarice Karumerina Fina
+24 Lady Grey Aretia Gawain Metera Serueru
+25 Eugene Sarunan (dark)
+26 Lily Juel
+28 Arurumeiya
+30 Sarunan (dark) Bazaraga Gawain + 1 ssr summon Medusa

I am confused. So I remember pulling Rosetta, I even made a screeenshot I believe... I have her SSR weapon equipped. But she isn't in my character list? Did she get turned into a moon stone cuz I already have a story one? But that one is SR...

Sheiter

I am confused. So I remember pulling Rosetta, I even made a screeenshot I believe... I have her SSR weapon equipped. But she isn't in my character list? Did she get turned into a moon stone cuz I already have a story one? But that one is SR...

Make sure sr rosetta isn't already in the party as i don't believe you can use both at once.

garath

So as far as working toward an element. I think I'm naturally leaning toward blue since I have a couple of good blue units:

Lancelot SSR
Sig SR
Uramnuran SR

And I'm getting a decent water weapon pool with Lancelot's sword at skill level 3 and a couple of SR Magna with a couple skill levels and a star each.

Alternatively I could see going wind since I have:

Rosetta SSR
Metera SSR
Mimurumemoru SR

Weapon pool isn't as good though.

Still playing a mix since I have Ferri with 3 stars. She usually keeps up in damage even without the elemental advantage.

I don't have a summon that buffs Wind or Water either though.

sj00

I got through the "let's hang" event, but am having trouble understanding what the value of the R/SR drops are. Instead of a normal element type, they have a prism and some text. What does that mean? What are they used for? e.g.
oeYFh16.jpg

I got through the "let's hang" event, but am having trouble understanding what the value of the R/SR drops are. Instead of a normal element type, they have a prism and some text. What does that mean? What are they used for? e.g.
oeYFh16.jpg

They're used as fodder to level up your weapons. Don't hesitate to use them and their summon counterpart!

kiryogi

Banned
oeYFh16.jpg

The prism-gemmed weapons are quite literally meant to use used as fodder. They're known as Angel weapons.

draw4wild

I wonder, are they going to make it easier for us to spend money once the English patch hits? Seems silly they would go through the trouble of what looks to be a high quality translation only to make us have to jump through hoops to spend money on the game, which is ultimately their goal

kiryogi

Banned
I wonder, are they going to make it easier for us to spend money once the English patch hits? Seems silly they would go through the trouble of what looks to be a high quality translation only to make us have to jump through hoops to spend money on the game, which is ultimately their goal

? It's pretty easy to spend money right now if you're on a Android phone. You just make purchases with Google Play.

Vamphuntr

There's actually a DeNa English portal for some games so it would be nice that if you set the game in English that you can pay through there.

Elepsis

Neo Member
I just want to +1 my incredulousness about how y'all are running through 50+ accounts. But I must say, it explains how you're all doing so well.

I re-rolled 10 times, with each account having 3 days of rolls now. Of those, the only one with two SSR anythings has two summons, and all the others have a single SSR each.

I'm hoping that tomorrow one of the accounts that already have an SSR gets another, and my decision about which one to start with becomes clearer.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Whelp, uh, upon surveying in Discord, there's no easy way besides getting a Mobage prepaid card. lol D: But for Android users, it's easy as pie.

Can't i just load my acct onto the google chrome, buy the money there, and then transfer over the acct to ios?

kiryogi

Banned
Can't i just load my acct onto the google chrome, buy the money there, and then transfer over the acct to ios?

Um, if you can get the Google Play store to open up from there. Possibly if you run it emulated and have it linked there. But I tend to just do transactions on my phone.

chrono01

Yes pls I want to spend money on iOS. The link Chronos linked declined my CC information for some reason.
Sorry it didn't work out for you, it went flawless for me and I used my credit card. :(

There are other places though, all you need is the Mobage card. Play-Asia sells them too, and will email you the code upon purchase.

Whelp, uh, upon surveying in Discord, there's no easy way besides getting a Mobage prepaid card. lol D: But for Android users, it's easy as pie.
Yeah, this is what I've been doing. It's not too bad, but is slightly more trouble than I would like. I only spend money on Surprise Tickets though (aside from the Start Dash one), and they don't come round that often.

razterik

Is there an option to enable/disable Autobattle in the settings? It kind of just disappeared a few days ago and I haven't been able to figure out how that happened.

And there's some sort of trophy listing that gives out crystals for certain achievements, right? Found it once and now I don't remember where it was after I earned a few more.

English can't come soon enough so I can stop getting lost in the menus, haha.

Got Sara and Narumeia in today's 10 pull.

Is there an option to enable/disable Autobattle in the settings? It kind of just disappeared a few days ago and I haven't been able to figure out how that happened.

And there's some sort of trophy listing that gives out crystals for certain achievements, right? Found it once and now I don't remember where it was after I earned a few more.

English can't come soon enough so I can stop getting lost in the menus, haha.

Got Sara and Narumeia in today's 10 pull.

Auto battle is only open for single player content. If it's open to multiplayer, it's turned off.

Titles give crystals as rewards, yes. Go to profile
above your name is a should be a pencil
click it first blue button
then the blue button at the top of the new screen after that.

2/65 so far on SSRs. I just can't get over how good I am at reverse gacha.

razterik

Thanks! Still have no idea what I'm doing, but this thread has been very helpful.

Auto battle is only open for single player content. If it's open to multiplayer, it's turned off.

Yeah, I got that part. I was trying to use it in single player daily dungeons and the little Auto text button in the corner is gone now.

Thanks! Still have no idea what I'm doing, but this thread has been very helpful.

Yeah, I got that part. I was trying to use it in single player daily dungeons and the little Auto text button in the corner is gone now.

Are you looking for it before the fighting happens? Because it'll pop up in the corner once everyone starts attacking every turn.

Edit:
I'm fucking dumb. Text. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, yes you can, hold up as I pic this post up.

Back into Menu and scroll to the bottom to options, it's right next to the help button and right below list:

After that we want game settings, you can do stuff like set emotes, game speed, summon animation shortening and whatnot:

Keep scrolling down, this set of options is right after the emote select:

DrAg0nBoY

Guys I have a question about the class (job system). I have now a level 20 Fighter class. What should I do know? I mean, can I change the warrior job to something else? Also can I pick something from the second tab? Can I max all the jobs in all the tabs?

Guys I have a question about the class (job system). I have now a level 20 Warrior class. What should I do know? I mean, can I change the warrior job to something else? Also can I pick something from the second tab? Can I max all the jobs in all the tabs?

You can max all jobs and swap at any time you wish. You gain new skills to sub into other jobs as you learn them. You also get mastery bonuses for your MC as you max out jobs, like extra damage, debuff success rate and other stuff.

To get a tier 2 job, you need to master two classes from tier 1, it'll show you which ones. Same with tier 3, it'll want two tier 2 classes to be mastered before you can buy them.

It's advised to work towards Dark Fencer(in tier 3), as it's the best jack of all trades class, that can support the team extremely well with attack/defense debuffs, a slow and a gravity, stuff you're likely not have access to with most party members.

You should also level a sidewinder for Arrow Rain 3, that skill stacks with DF's mist skill for even more attack down, making even magnas hit like kittens.

razterik

Are you looking for it before the fighting happens? Because it'll pop up in the corner once everyone starts attacking every turn.

Edit:
I'm fucking dumb. Text. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh man, now I feel bad that you worked on all that, but I didn't mean Auto for story scenes. Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the word "Auto" that was a button for Auto battle that appeared above the main character's portrait/info during a dungeon after hitting the Start/Fight/whatever button. That's missing now.

It was around this spot, I think?

Noi

Oh man, now I feel bad that you worked on all that, but I didn't mean Auto for story scenes. Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the word "Auto" that was a button for Auto battle that appeared above the main character's portrait/info during a dungeon after hitting the Start/Fight/whatever button. That's missing now.

I actually randomly stumbled on that the other day. Just tap that corner again. It's weird.

Rixa

Click Menu (when in battle), click auto there, activate it in battle screen.

Nah, don't be. You think I got something better to do other then answer questions?

Not really.

Top Bottom