• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Quixzlizx

I think I may just wait until the English version, because I'm apparently too stupid to follow this tutorial. When I try to get my tickets, I just get a dropdown menu with 4 buttons at the bottom that all do nothing, so I can't seem to redeem the 2 starting tickets.

I guess I can at least do the free 10-roll every day.

kiryogi

Banned
I think I may just wait until the English version, because I'm apparently too stupid to follow this tutorial. When I try to get my tickets, I just get a dropdown menu with 4 buttons at the bottom that all do nothing, so I can't seem to redeem the 2 starting tickets.

I guess I can at least do the free 10-roll every day.

the daily 10 roll is a lot more valuable than those tickets. This 10 roll is an actual roll in the cash gacha that has the 6% rate up. That's your goal in this reroll during the celebration,

Okay, re-rolled for a while, got an account with Cagliostro (Earth SSR, apparently S-tier). Going to keep logging in to all the accounts while the free 10-pulls are happening to see if one of them suddenly levels up, but otherwise, going to assume I'm going with that one.

Am I making a huge mistake?

Not at all, Cag is a great choice.

Elepsis

Neo Member
How are you people converting these to names? ihavenoideawhatimdoingdog.jpg

http://imgur.com/ZFlEE1q

OK, I think the SSR there is Lily. Is she a keeper?

If you go to the menu, then look at the List (first button in the third grouping), then switch to the first tab, you can see the character versions of your pulls. Click on each one and it'll show you their name. (Or, just correlate the picture to what's in the tier guides and find the character that way.)

Raika

What are the odds of pulling the exact same SSR summon in two consecutive days of free 10 pulls... :')

Hopefully these same odds allow me to pull Yoda/Altair for my water team. :[

OK Real talk, for folks playing. Here's the current event:

L.E.T.S. H.A.N.G.
Ce3kQH2UEAAzMRA.jpg:large

Join up with Lowain and his crew as they shoot the breeze and try to capture Katalina's heart! What rival awaits the trio?! (hint hint oneesama)

This event has a gacha similar to the GW event and the 5 singing flowers. Lowain is also a SR water character you can get if you build enough trust with him. Keep him in your party as you battle throughout the event and game to keep him permanently. To note, this is a fire event, so bring your water team!

You'll be facing Kyatapira and Vira as the big event summon:

Lowains skill set, borrowed from GBF Int:

Key items to get in this event:

Kyatapira-san (Catalina get it?) - SSR Fire Summon, good especially for new players without a fire summon. 50% fire increase and ougi accumulation down at 0 star state.

Courtship Bouquet - This is good for new players as well, this is a fire SSR weapon with large attack up, get 4 copies if you can or more!

Shit, I guess it's time to grind this even then because I currently only have a fire team and that summon and weapon would be great additions.

New player here. I'm prepping myself for the English release. I have no idea if who I got are any good.

eda2544fb50ffe80a593cb9611edc437.png
a4b329259bd492f1220ed102e3754e71.png

Please tell me the one with the mustache is good because he has the coolest looking character design I've seen so far.

New player here. I'm prepping myself for the English release. I have no idea if who I got are any good.

Please tell me the one with the mustache is good because he has the coolest looking character design I've seen so far.

Mustache guy will single-handedly carry you through early and mid game, you're good to go. The Fire SSR you got isn't top tier, but still decent.

kiryogi

Banned
Okay, re-rolled for a while, got an account with Cagliostro (Earth SSR, apparently S-tier). Going to keep logging in to all the accounts while the free 10-pulls are happening to see if one of them suddenly levels up, but otherwise, going to assume I'm going with that one.

Am I making a huge mistake?

eda2544fb50ffe80a593cb9611edc437.png
a4b329259bd492f1220ed102e3754e71.png

You got the two best potatoes in the game :eek:

DrAg0nBoY

L.E.T.S. H.A.N.G.

Join up with Lowain and his crew as they shoot the breeze and try to capture Katalina's heart! What rival awaits the trio?! (hint hint oneesama)

This event has a gacha similar to the GW event and the 5 singing flowers. Lowain is also a SR water character you can get if you build enough trust with him. Keep him in your party as you battle throughout the event and game to keep him permanently. To note, this is a fire event, so bring your water team!

Kyatapira-san (Catalina get it?) - SSR Fire Summon, good especially for new players without a fire summon. 50% fire increase and ougi accumulation down at 0 star state.

Courtship Bouquet - This is good for new players as well, this is a fire SSR weapon with large attack up, get 4 copies if you can or more!

What is the recommended level for this? Because I can't win in the first battle, lol.

Mustache guy will single-handedly carry you through early and mid game, you're good to go. The Fire SSR you got isn't top tier, but still decent.

Thanks! Does that also mean he's not good in endgame or just not as relatively good as other characters in endgame?

You got the two best potatoes in the game :eek:

If I could create a potato in FFXIV that looks like that guy, I'd actually want to play a potato.

Thanks! Does that also mean he's not good in endgame or just not as relatively good as other characters in endgame?

If I could create a potato in FFXIV that looks like that guy, I'd actually want to play a potato.

From what I've heard he's a bit too fragile in the end-game, so there are other characters that are a bit better. He doesn't become completely useless though.

kiryogi

Banned
What is the recommended level for this? Because I can't win in the first battle, lol.

:eek: go level more in story and come back, or come back with better weapons XD

The thing about Yodar is, he's a glass cannon and generates LOTS of hate. In endgame, he drops like a fly.

The Hot potato tho? She is super awesome support. Im constantly jealous of people that get her.

Gizuko

I have been mulling about this for a while, but I might as well ask since we are discussing Yoda:

Is it better to babysit him (get a defensive support and a tanky character) or simply try to ougi twice and call it a day? i.e. Going Holy Saber + Sochie vs Using Dark Fencer/Sidewinder and Altair so you can charge Yoda's ougi and still keep fighting once he drops. I'm not partial to do-or-die strategies, but Yoda drops way too fast.

kiryogi

Banned
I have been mulling about this for a while, but I might as well ask since we are discussing Yoda:

Is it better to babysit him (get a defensive support and a tanky character) or simply try to ougi twice and call it a day? i.e. Going Holy Saber + Sochie vs Using Dark Fencer/Sidewinder and Altair so you can charge Yoda's ougi and still keep fighting once he drops. I'm not partial to do-or-die strategies, but Yoda drops way too fast.

I treat him as expendable really. I was actually having this conversation on GBF Int and having a tank team such as DJ as DF, and then Katalina/Charlotte/Lancelot will work tons better for a long battle such as Mecha Kat. Goddamn she is tanky and hits hard.

Gizuko

I treat him as expendable really. I was actually having this conversation on GBF Int and having a tank team such as DJ as DF, and then Katalina/Charlotte/Lancelot will work tons better for a long battle such as Mecha Kat. Goddamn she is tanky and hits hard.

Well, I'm better off with Altair/Charlotte/Yoda for the most part then. Probably the best "tank" team I can build right now is Altair/Char/Sochie (or maybe SR Kat instead of Sochie/Altair), so I'm unlikely to solo Mecha Kat right now.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, I'm better off with Altair/Charlotte/Yoda for the most part then. Probably the best "tank" team I can build right now is Altair/Char/Sochie (or maybe SR Kat instead of Sochie/Altair), so I'm unlikely to solo Mecha Kat right now.

Just soloed her with that Team like a boss. Never doubt Dark Fencer folks. Slow and steady wins. That feeling of progression and success. This is why I love this game.

chrono01

L.E.T.S. H.A.N.G.

Is the only way to get the summon and weapon through tickets? My luck is horrible. :(

Rixa

About Halos.

I have said this earlier but here is "How to". You can find "Star Halo" timings from twitter (don't have a link sorry). Star Halo drops way more stuff than normal Halo.

- Halo is 3 times a day, one hour event.
- Exp is good.
- It can drop same wepons than Bahamut (Rusted Weapons)
- It drops shitton of material & leveling fodder
- It is easy, 2 difficult levels 10 & 20 ap usages
- Run 20 ap dungeon
- I dont bother to check if its star Halo or not, I just make one run and if it is Star Halo, make more runs, if not then I wont bother doing more runs.

How to find Halo dungeons said:
1. Event tab, there is (!) if Halo is on
GBFHalo2.PNG

2. Bottom one (light / yellow colour), Normal / Hard 30mins left
GBFHalo3.PNG

3. If you dont have ap, use ½ pot (_never_ use Elixir to refill your ap, ½ pots are for that use). You get plenty of ½ ap pots by playing, they are very common.
GBFHalo4.PNG

4. Battle 3/3, these are really easy. Rather level 7 than 17.
GBFHalo6.PNG

5. Spoils from Star Halo, you might get lucky and grab Rusted Weapon.
GBFStarhalo1.PNG
GBFHalo5.PNG

Normal halo gives around 1/3 amount of star halos spoils.

kiryogi

Banned
About Halos.

I have said this earlier but here is "How to". You can find "Star Halo" timings from twitter (don't have a link sorry). Star Halo drops way more stuff than normal Halo.

- Exp is good.
- Run 20 ap dungeon
- I dont bother to check if its star Halo or not, I just make one run and if it is Star Halo, make more runs, if not then I wont bother doing more runs.

https://twitter.com/granbluefantasy

^Bookmark this guys, this will be part of your daily routine.

About Halos.

- Exp is good.
- Run 20 ap dungeon

Is the only way to recognise star Halo just by the amount of loot you get? I was doing some yesterday but those were definitely normal Halo then.

Gizuko

Just soloed her with that Team like a boss. Never doubt Dark Fencer folks. Slow and steady wins. That feeling of progression and success. This is why I love this game.

I have seen the light, I'm a believer now.

Also, good going Rixa, most people will skip that part of the ultimate guide since it's not one of the main topics (weapons, events, summons, etc) so this will hopefully help people farm the Halo dungeon.

chrono01

I got the Mecha-Katarina from the tickets, and now it's asking me if I want to reset the box. They're giving me three options:

"1 round of contents"
"Third contents"
"4 subsequent contents"

Which do I choose? It says it's currently the second box.

kiryogi

Banned
I got the Mecha-Katarina from the tickets, and now it's asking me if I want to reset the box. They're giving me three options:

"1 round of contents"
"Third contents"
"4 subsequent contents"

Which do I choose? It says it's currently the second box.

Reset it and get another mecha kat. Don't reset it again if you already did. If you are on the second box. I'd just hit MyPage to exit out and don't make a mistake.

chrono01

Reset it and get another mecha kat. Don't reset it again if you already did. If you are on the second box. I'd just hit MyPage to exit out and don't make a mistake.
I'm still on the second box, no worries. I'll just back out then.

So when I get my second Mecha-Katarina, I reset it again and move to the third box, right?

kiryogi

Banned
I'm still on the second box, no worries. I'll just back out then.

So when I get my second Mecha-Katarina, I reset it again and move to the third box, right?

Yup this is the same procedure for all Event gacha including GW weapon. Unless you really feel like cleaning out the box. When you progress further along and can really farm tickets, that could be an option, as there's tons of other goodies you can get from the box.

chrono01

Yup this is the same procedure for all Event gacha including GW weapon. Unless you really feel like cleaning out the box. When you progress further along and can really farm tickets, that could be an option, as there's tons of other goodies you can get from the box.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Yeah, once I rank up and get more stamina (and become more powerful) I'll definitely farm it a bit more. As it is, I can't manage as many tickets as others, so my luck has to fall onto the gatcha to get myself a summon/weapon. I'm happy to get it so early on, maybe I can manage another by the end. Shame the weapon isn't in there, though, but maybe I'll get enough points to get it. I won't give up!

Gizuko

SSR magna weps have a rank restriction? I get reduced stats if I try to use them.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Yeah, once I rank up and get more stamina (and become more powerful) I'll definitely farm it a bit more. As it is, I can't manage as many tickets as others, so my luck has to fall onto the gatcha to get myself a summon/weapon. I'm happy to get it so early on, maybe I can manage another by the end. Shame the weapon isn't in there, though, but maybe I'll get enough points to get it. I won't give up!

Keep in mind box contents increase (or they did during GW) each time you switch, so I think skipping the first one after getting the target SSR is usually safe.

chrono01

Keep in mind box contents increase (or they did during GW) each time you switch, so I think skipping the first one after getting the target SSR is usually safe.
Awesome, thanks. I'll keep that in mind for future events (as well as when I rank up more).

Rixa

In discord were compairing raw damage to same element than party.
For example at rank 63 I do to Hard Celeste (12 ap):

Unbuffed:
- HawkEye 13k - 14.9k per hit
- Dark Fencer 13k - 14.9k per hit

Buffed / enemy unbuffed:
- HawkEye
-> Vaseraga skill to OD enemy 179k

- Dark Fencer 35k - 46k per hit
-> Vaseraga skill to OD enemy 259k
-> Vaseraga aoe skill to OD enemy 119k

Granted, DF has better unbuffs (if they land) than HE. HE is all about increasing loot.

Gizuko

So you could probably use either if the enemy had debuff protection/removal?

Was the weapon set normalized? As in, either all daggers or no swords and pistols to avoid extra stats. It's pretty interesting considering you might want to sacrifice some damage in exchange for better loot sometimes, I always thought the loss was bigger.

Azusa

Was the weapon set normalized? As in, either all daggers or no swords and pistols to avoid extra stats. It's pretty interesting considering you might want to sacrifice some damage in exchange for better loot sometimes, I always thought the loss was bigger.

I use dmg calc to see what is better to use.
http://hibin0.web.fc2.com/grbr_atk_calc/atk_calc.html

Rixa

When soloing harder stuff I say go with Dark Fencer, those debuffs (armor down, more turns before enemys first ougi) are so good.
When leeching magnas and other multibattles go with Treasure Hunter skill job and cast it first to enemy.
Also raise your other jobs to mastery level & learn new ones.

My weapon pool (after 2 month of grinding) & party:
Being dark has "some" flaws...

Venfayth

I'm rolling now but holding off for the English version to actually start playing. Not knowing what all the buttons do on every screen gives me a ridiculous amount of anxiety :p

After ~25ish rolls yesterday I ended up with a Vampy and Sieg, and then this morning I rolled a Riruru. Looking at that tier list I feel not too bad about those pulls!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I was thinking I shouldn't go through the story until the English option hit, but between the 1/2 AP event and the SSR rate being doubled, things are just too good right now to wait. Not even 24 hours in and I've already almost got enough crystals for a 10-pull, and I'm up to the water island in the story.

Downside is all my characters are starting to max out and I don't have the necessary materials to limit break them. Dangit.

Gizuko

I use dmg calc to see what is better to use.
http://hibin0.web.fc2.com/grbr_atk_calc/atk_calc.html

I actually didn't know this existed. Thank you for sharing, it will help a lot in the long run.

When soloing harder stuff I say go with Dark Fencer, those debuffs (armor down, more turns before enemys first ougi) are so good.
When leeching magnas and other multibattles go with Treasure Hunter skill job and cast it first to enemy.
Also raise your other jobs to mastery level & learn new ones.

My weapon pool (after 2 month of grinding) & party:

Beign dark has "some" flaws...

I usually do just that, but when farming Ifrit and the like I always wonder wether to go with DF or the T2 equivalent to HE (Was it raider?) since most of the time Yoda simply does his thing and having more Treasure Hunt stacks is better, but sometimes he gets KO'd before he can ougi, so I always wonder if I would have been able to finish said battle with another job - T2 Raider VS T3 DF is pretty much day and night, but I will unlock HE someday, which is why I asked.

e:
Downside is all my characters are starting to max out and I don't have the necessary materials to limit break them. Dangit.
Run star halo dungeon (as Rixa described above) to get most of the mats you will need to LB a few of your characters. Also try your best to get some scales (daily quest today), since those are hard to come by and needed to LB SSR.

draw4wild

Can someone explain how the bonus points for doing the multi battles with R and SR characters work? What battles can you get the points on? What is minimum contribution? What skills raise contribution the fastest?

I'm no where near MVPing anything so I want to make sure to grind out these points each week

Lockon

I rolled 30 accounts and these are what I got:

1. Magisa Sarunan (light)
2. Petra
3. Serueru
4. Sarunan (dark)
5. Arurumeiya
6. Aretia Cagliostro
7. Zaruhamerina Karumerina
8. Rune
9. Zeta
10. Arurumeiya
11. Vila
12. Clarice
13. Lady Grey Aretia Gawain
14. Lily
15. Sarunan (dark) Bazaraga + ssr summon Medusa

Which of these is the best?

Uthred

I rolled 30 accounts and these are what I got:

1. Magisa Sarunan (light)
2. Petra
3. Serueru
4. Sarunan (dark)
5. Arurumeiya
6. Aretia Cagliostro
7. Zaruhamerina Karumerina
8. Rune
9. Zeta
10. Arurumeiya
11. Vila
12. Clarice
13. Lady Grey Aretia Gawain
14. Lily
15. Sarunan (dark) Bazaraga + ssr summon Medusa

Which of these is the best?

7 >= 13 > 6 > 1 > 15 > 2

Noi

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I took the account I'm most likely to play with so far and did one of those halo things cause I saw it was up.

Gonna need to look up storage and stuff so I don't keep spending crystals on inventory upgrades.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I took the account I'm most likely to play with so far and did one of those halo things cause I saw it was up.

Gonna need to look up storage and stuff so I don't keep spending crystals on inventory upgrades.

Next time make sure it's a star halo, you get exponentially more loot from it. Check the daily tweet to see what your group's time is for that.

I just realized that release of english version doesn't really help me, because every time I wanna play I realize why i can't get into playing this...

What am i even supposed to do with this mess? Which ones do I prioritize? Do You keep some of the shitteir ones just so I can get an elemental coverage of sorts, or do I not worry about that much? I heard elementless weapons with a gem are just exp fodder, so if I were to use them, how would I go about it? Do I use them for the same type of weapon, or do I just dump them as whatever?

I always feel so completely and utterly lost when it comes to this weapon meta and closer english release is, the more I realize that being able to read their names will not fix this fundamental confusion even a little bit.

Top Bottom