• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

MiTYH

Not that I know? If I remember, they kind of encourage you to join/make a guild extremely early on. Like, before chapter 3.

Weird. I clicked guild (mobile user here) and it just brought me to a page with a large banner, can't click anything. But I haven't done any story mode. Might change that up now, see if it unlocks

draw4wild

You have to clear the first island to join a guild, so chapter 4 through the first fight with Tiamat

My application was accepted under Smaragdia (can't change that for 85 days)

Ala Alba

I always wanted an amira account...only for the art though. Last Fest i got informed she is in fact a good character. account #12 has an amira but no node and less srr than the other. would it be a good choice or would it be better to start with an other account and buy her?

help =(

P.S. Big thanks!!

If you're going to spend money, it'd probably be a better idea to take account 45 and start dash her. That would give you Albel(rt), Jeanne, and Amira, which is a solid light team. With that said, the standard warning that light teams take a lot of grinding to be viable applies.

But yeah, account 12 did not get very many characters. However, taking account 12 is better than an account rolled up today unless you are very, very lucky.

So my recommendation is account 45 if you are spending money and are set on using Amira on a light team, and account 12 if you just want Amira.

Caim

I joined the guild (I think) I'm stuck with the default name until whenever the restriction is lifted, but I have my GAF username in my bio.

garath

What's the strat for the blue crystal event quest? I keep getting super close but losing. The main girl keeps killing herself somehow. I'm guessing it's a buff I'm casting on myself. Ugh. Need English version lol

Dandte

If you're going to spend money, it'd probably be a better idea to take account 45 and start dash her. That would give you Albel(rt), Jeanne, and Amira, which is a solid light team. With that said, the standard warning that light teams take a lot of grinding to be viable applies.

But yeah, account 12 did not get very many characters. However, taking account 12 is better than an account rolled up today unless you are very, very lucky.

So my recommendation is account 45 if you are spending money and are set on using Amira on a light team, and account 12 if you just want Amira.

Ok, then i would go with #45. sounds reasonable to me :) again. big thanks. i escaped the eternal rerolling hell...well until kh unchained x launches...

kiryogi

Banned
What's the strat for the blue crystal event quest? I keep getting super close but losing. The main girl keeps killing herself somehow. I'm guessing it's a buff I'm casting on myself. Ugh. Need English version lol

Her first ability puts a debuff on herself that makes her lose hp.

Yaari

Loot from six days of rolls that seem okay and/or have units I like:
100 - Jeanne + Vampy + Vaseraga + Silva + Anriet + [Satan] + [Kaguya]
114 - Amira + Silva + Altair + Katarina + Agielba + Yuel + [Odin] + [Lucifer] + [Garuda]
115 - Rosetta + Anriet + Cagliostro + Altair + [Bahamut] + [Grande] + [Flam=Glass]

I'm not really motivated to play 115, so I'm guessing 114 would be the next best choice? I'm a bit sad that there's no Perce/Jeanne/Naru on the account, but they do seem like decent targets for dash/tickets if I ever cough up money. ...and I'd have Amira to keep me company until I give in. (・ ω ・、)

That's too bad. That 115 account is absolutely insane.
I gues you must like the SSRs on 114 but they aren't as rare as they made out to be. That Grande+Bahamut on the other hand..

muu

114 - Amira + Silva + Altair + Katarina + Agielba + Yuel + [Odin] + [Lucifer] + [Garuda]
115 - Rosetta + Anriet + Cagliostro + Altair + [Bahamut] + [Grande] + [Flam=Glass]

I'm not really motivated to play 115, so I'm guessing 114 would be the next best choice? I'm a bit sad that there's no Perce/Jeanne/Naru on the account, but they do seem like decent targets for dash/tickets if I ever cough up money. ...and I'd have Amira to keep me company until I give in. (・ ω ・、)

If you're looking to play long-term then 115 is the one to play. Chances of being able to nail even one of the no start-dash/surprise ticket summons is pretty ludicrous. For reference I'm @ rank 126, rolled enough to have ~30 gold moons and still have yet to hit Luci/Baha/Grande.

That said, pick what you want -- in the overall scheme of things I'm maybe 10-20% underpowered compared to ideal setups w/ Baha/Luci, esp. since I have Zeus now. The farther down you dig in this game the more it's about getting that extra 1% of damage though. You either deal with it, spend more money on gachas, or make a Wind party.

sj00

I just finished the "let's hang" challenge mission (with the preset team that includes Dark Jeanne), and got a "blue sky crystal." Anyone know what it's supposed to be used for?

Ala Alba

Shoot, no matter which of 114 or 115 you pick, I'd take the other one. Those are some crazy rolls.

Praise the gatcha gods.

muu

I just finished the "let's hang" challenge mission (with the preset team that includes Dark Jeanne), and got a "blue sky crystal." Anyone know what it's supposed to be used for?

Final limit breaks, Archaic weapons (GW/job masterpiece weaps) require them for upgrades.

Gizuko

According to the Ultimate Guide, DF should have one zenith ex ability, the one with the double attack down debuff. I see two, though, the second one seems to heal a certain amount of hp, based on damage done. With the in mind, I have some questions:

Do all classes have two instead of one? Has anyone tried this ability? Is there anything I can read to learn more about these abilities?

According to the Ultimate Guide, DF should have one zenith ex ability, the one with the double attack down debuff. I see two, though, the second one seems to heal a certain amount of hp, based on damage done. With the in mind, I have some questions:

Do all classes have two instead of one? Has anyone tried this ability? Is there anything I can read to learn more about these abilities?

there's some guides that aren't in the ot and are pretty useful to just read:

/mbgg/ faq

/mbgg/ job guide

the 2nd one is a good guide about 3rd tier jobs and what zenith abilities to get for them

Alright, beat chapter 4. Have NO idea how to join this guild on the phone -- it brought me there but no way to join. Thoughts?

Menu top right of the screen.

You'll need to hit this:
z3YcZT4.png

Then find this button:

Go to ID, type in the ID. Hit the ! by the portrait and scroll down to find the guild

Applying now. Username Stider
Got it.

Uthred

For some reason I cant change what summons I've set as support, going in to do it via Profile. Can you only do it a certain number of times or something? (Switched one around this morning)

For some reason I cant change what summons I've set as support, going in to do it via Profile. Can you only do it a certain number of times or something? (Switched one around this morning)
Is it possible there's a raid/quest you started, logged out, and haven't finished yet ?
Check in your raid/co-op/quest menu.

MiTYH

Menu top right of the screen.

You'll need to hit this:

Then find this button:

Go to ID, type in the ID. Hit the ! by the portrait and scroll down to find the guild

Got it.

YOU are a godsend :) Thanks! I applied. Butttt I'm not sure how to change my in-game name. Thoughts on that?

garath

Nice! I got my second SSR weapon drop from magna. Got the earth sword. Not exactly my top element choice but I'll take it. Attack skill too.

chrono01

Is there a trick to beating the crystal event boss? I can't seem to do it, but then I have no idea what any of the abilities do. :/

chrono01

I got the event boss down to around 20% before Jeanne killed herself mysteriously and the rest couldn't do much damage so I lost. Ugh.

Top Bottom