• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Azusa

I was curious cause I have never done this before. So If you are wondering what todays Daily Extreme 40 ap gives (its not easy btw):

Of course gold chest rewards can be different & amounts, in the end its all about RNG.

if you use rabbit and th you can get 3 scales per run.

Anko

Welp. The last two days have been shit to me. And I've got two accounts with literally nothing.

I got these over 4 days:
1: Jeanne d'Arc, Vira, Carmelina, Satyr (summon), Oceanus (summon)
2: Metera (wind), Charlotte, Lady Grey, Satan (summon),
4: Zeta, Caliostro, Feri
5: Riruru, Lennah, Siegfried, Agielba, Titan (summon)
6: Aoidos, Lucifer (summon)
7: Phoena, Vaseraga, Charlotte, Vampy, Hades (summon), Grani (summon)

7 is set for dark, the rest seem to be annoyingly split amongst elements.

I like Jeanne, Vira, Lady Grey and Vampy. I have not spent enough time to know if I would like Caliostro and Feri or not. Any thoughts on which account I should start dash, and with what character? It's sad that my favourite characters are mostly spread over different accounts. Is 6 worth keeping on the side for Lucifer?

Razmos

Got the mecha-whatever SSR summon from the event (my first SSR summon), do all events use the same mechanics as this one? Because I'm really liking this system, it's very rewarding and fun to grind

kiryogi

Banned
Got the mecha-whatever SSR summon from the event, do all events use the same mechanics as this one? Because I'm really liking this system, it's very rewarding and fun to grind

Mostly! The next event, Celestial Beast Suzaku, won't have a gacha, but you can instead grind points to buy stuff, and there's still event points for rewards overall.

Big warning though, Suzaku, and any Celestial Beast event only runs for a short period of time. It'll be only this weekend, so get to grinding! :If you can manage: Of course bring your Water team!

chrono01

Got the mecha-whatever SSR summon from the event (my first SSR summon), do all events use the same mechanics as this one? Because I'm really liking this system, it's very rewarding and fun to grind
From what I can see, they do. And I agree. I wish I could be farming it myself, but I can't let the 1/2 AP go to waste. :(

Razmos

Mostly! The next event, Celestial Beast Suzaku, won't have a gacha, but you can instead grind points to buy stuff, and there's still event points for rewards overall.

Big warning though, Suzaku, and any Celestial Beast event only runs for a short period of time. It'll be only this weekend, so get to grinding! :If you can manage: Of course bring your Water team!

From what I can see, they do. And I agree. I wish I could be farming it myself, but I can't let the 1/2 AP go to waste. :(
Awesome, thank you :)
Gonna grind this game so hard when English is added. Its already begun!

Grzi

Not a single SSR character in four rolls.

Didn't bother with multiple accounts.
Still, can't wait for the translation so I can start playing.

Rixa

Made some daily runs for dark materials and evolved Lady Grey to 5*.
GBFLadyG.PNG
GBFLadyG2.PNG
Byebye 100k Rupee

God, I am stupid hype for this mobile game.

Mostly just been logging in for daily rewards; pulled a single ssr summon during the 10 pull week. Can't wait to blow way too much money on this come the 11th.

TUSR

Banned
I've been missing Destiny of Spirits, is this a suitable replacement?

Heard the EN version was coming out on iOS in the next two weeks.

Rixa

I've been missing Destiny of Spirits, is this a suitable replacement?

Heard the EN version was coming out on iOS in the next two weeks.
DoS had great art. This has even greater art. Some other similarities are multibattles, GBF is very generous with AP potions. Also both are f2p and require grinding + if you want you can use money. I grinded alot in DoS and I have already grinded alot here too.

11th April is the English language release.

chrono01

Ugh, I might change the email to my account anyway. I've spent money, and log in regularly, but I'm still afraid they'll ban me since I re-rolled a bit before I settled on my account. I'll just create a new/separate Gmail account and link it there. Can't be too safe, I guess.

Also, I'm really going to miss the free ten-pulls. Something I had to look forward to each day. :(

Rixa

Also, I'm really going to miss the free ten-pulls. Something I had to look forward to each day. :([
Iam not going to do anything to my email at this point.

Those ten pulls helped me to spend crystals to other things. I now have 2 Storages (bought one) and Inventory space is: Wepons 140 & Summon 70.

From those pull I got many silver & bronze moons and exchanged most already to ½ potions. Everyone who has 5 Bronze moons or 2 Silver moons should do the same, exchange to 30 ½ a potion in "Moon shop"

chrono01

Everyone who has 5 Bronze moons or 2 Silver moons should do the same, exchange to 30 ½ a potion in "Moon shop"
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to do that!

As for changing the email, it's probably un-needed...but I can't help but have a feeling of fear every day when I go to login. I want to get rid of that, so I don't have to worry anymore, haha.

TUSR

Banned
DoS had great art. This has even greater art. Some other similarities are multibattles, GBF is very generous with AP potions. Also both are f2p and require grinding + if you want you can use money. I grinded alot in DoS and I have already grinded alot here too.

11th April is the English language release.
Rixa!

Can't wait for the EN release.

So, I kinda just made guest accounts for all my crud. If I change my emails, would that basically secure my accounts even if Lose access to the devices I use?

I'm currently not sure which SSR to get with my start dash. My wild guess is to get a good attacker first.
I already have wind healer Lennah (which is apparently not much use for the early and mid game) so I'm hesitating between attacker Nezahualpilli and support Petra.
But I guess I first need a good attacker and then, a good support?

Personally I'd go with #3 > #2 > #1 > #4 in that order, but thats based largely on which characters I think look better
Oops, too late, I went with #4 and bought my start dash.
I very much like the artworks of Nezahualpilli, Petra and Lennah. Especially the "limit broken" form of the first two. And their SD sprites too since I probably will be seeing them very often!
Each of the options have solid pros and cons.
Well, at least none of them are outright bad :p
Thanks for the explanations! But since this game is supposedly very grindy, I don't think I would have been able to stomach the even slower darkness grind. Wind is supposed to be faster so it'll be a better start for me I think.
Might eventually switch to light or darkness later though, since they're better for endgame. I'll see what RNG gifts me!

Gizuko

I just earned my third gold certificate, who should I 4* first between Charlotta and Altair? I read Altair is consistently S tired through the whole game, while Charlotta is A tier, so I'm leaning towards Altair. He is only lvl 61 vs Charlotta's 67.

I could also 4* Yoda, who is lvl 70, but I'm pretty hesitant.

Rixa

I just earned my third gold certificate, who should I 4* first between Charlotta and Altair? I read Altair is consistently S tired through the whole game, while Charlotta is A tier, so I'm leaning towards Altair. He is only lvl 61 vs Charlotta's 67.

Just go, what you use mostly, eventually you get enough gold certs to mlb all your ssr.

kiryogi

Banned

Charlotte has a 5s, do Charlotte.

So, who wants to make a second GAF guild?

I'm also waiting for someone to do it. I can't because I'm inexperienced as I just started playing and I never managed a guild, but I would like to get the guild bonuses.

I can bite the bullet. I can't make it on my main, as it's already in another random trash guild for now so it'll have to be on my co-op account then later transfer. We got some names?

chrono01

My account email has been changed, I feel better now. It was a bit cumbersome to do it through Chrome, you had to open up the email link while in developer mode (copy/paste the link), but not too bad.

Exactly a week now until the English release. Well, a bit less than that I guess, since we'll likely get it on the 10th sometime (the 11th is JST, I'm guessing). Get excited, people!

Gizuko

Just go, what you use mostly, eventually you get enough gold certs to mlb all your ssr.

I thought they were scarce, I have only got them from this event after all. Good to know I don't have to be extra mindful about them.

Charlotte has a 5s, do Charlotte.

That was one of the reasons I was between Altair and Charlotte, but I was having doubts as to whether I would be able to actually 5* her soon. Charlotte it is then!

Thank you both.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The game runs like shit on the Nexus 5, unless it was because it was background dling.

kiryogi

Banned
I lied, Suzaku event is one week!

Also new event scheduled 4/15...

And get ready new players. GUILD WAR RETURNS 4/25.

If temptation desires, there's also a new challenge quest in the current event that lets you test out the new characters!

Rixa

I thought they were scarce, I have only got them from this event after all. Good to know I don't have to be extra mindful about them.
Thank you both.
When you get to rank 50 and you get possibility to join Proto Bahamut (Grande Summons too) raids (leech). You start to get them. Only downside is that to join Baha raid, you need to be fast and not waste time to think what to choose as friend summon. If you do so, its probably full.

Chances are that being fast its still full (30/30).

Here are some of my hauls from Proto Bahamut raids. Over 50 of them done, I finally managed to get Bahamut Horn (needed in Bahamut weapon crafting):
Certs are in scarce but there are ways to get them outside of Baha raids. Grind those summon fights that rotate between 3 days. Get enough materials and buy them from their shop:
1. Go to shop, click 3rd tab to get banners open
GBFSHop.PNG

2. This pic is from dark banner "Diablo" shop, those AP pots replenish daily (so you can get pots from here too)
GBFDiabloshop.PNG
Its same kind situation in every shop. Iam not sure does shop get more Certs after you have bought 3. If not, grind another boss and buy more from its shop.

Main thing to get from these shops are summons. For example Fire summon is +60% atk when MLB. These summons are so good and every F2P can get them, you just need to grind enough. I got mine from 0 to MLB in 3 days.

Gizuko

When you get to rank 50 and you get possibility to join Proto Bahamut (Grande Summons too) raids (leech). You start to get them. Only downside is that to join Baha raid, you need to be fast and not waste time to think what to choose as friend summon. If you do so, its probably full.

Chances are that being fast its still full (30/30).

Here are some of my hauls from Proto Bahamut raids. Over 50 of them done, I finally managed to get Bahamut Horn (needed in Bahamut weapon crafting):

Certs are in scarce but there are ways to get them outside of Baha raids. Grind those summon fights that rotate between 3 days. Get enough materials and buy them from their shop:

Its same kind situation in every shop. Iam not sure does shop get more Certs after you have bought 3. If not, grind another boss and buy more from its shop.

Main thing to get from these shops are summons. For example Fire summon is +60% atk when MLB. These summons are so good and every F2P can get them, you just need to grind enough. I got mine from 0 to MLB in 3 days.

Yeah, I was tempted to buy them with the im@s event leftovers, but ended up not doing so since I didn't have enough souls.

I actually have a lot of Ifrit items since I farmed him hard, but now I have a fire team so I have to save them too, lol. Let's see if I can get to 50 fast, although getting inset Levi magnas is hard enough already -_-

I definitely have to brush up on those events and see what I can invest on certs. Thank you for the mini-guide and congrats on that horn!

Iam not going to do anything to my email at this point.

Those ten pulls helped me to spend crystals to other things. I now have 2 Storages (bought one) and Inventory space is: Wepons 140 & Summon 70.

From those pull I got many silver & bronze moons and exchanged most already to ½ potions. Everyone who has 5 Bronze moons or 2 Silver moons should do the same, exchange to 30 ½ a potion in "Moon shop"

Well, I am officially drowning in ½ AP potions now, lol.

Good. Dont hesitate to spend when needed. Never use full Elixir as ap recovery, us it as revive when needed (in solo quests).

Yeah, I'll probably spend it on grinding more magna mats while the 1/2 campaign lasts. :p Plus random material farming when those events pop up.

I also just found out that I have 5 pages of fate episodes left to do, might get me to another 3000 crystals for another 10-roll.

draw4wild

Wound up buying the start dash to use the 10 pull before the leg fest ended but the 10 pull got me nothing. I start dashed Jeanne since I love her art and she goes with Lucifer. Gonna work on wind first with bird man and grind Anat while I use tickets to buy my light team.

I've just been grinding multi battles with rare characters to get points to buy the 5k SSR weapons. How far do I have to progress to join a second gaf guild if we make one? Trying not to do any story before then

Gizuko

Yeah, I'll probably spend it on grinding more magna mats while the 1/2 campaign lasts. :p Plus random material farming when those events pop up.

I also just found out that I have 5 pages of fate episodes left to do, might get me to another 3000 crystals for another 10-roll.

Legfest is over! So don't be in a hurry.

How do I join the guild?

It's not up yet. I'm going to give people a bit more time just in case. Plus I'm going to sleep. So I'll check back then and if GAFantasy is still the only one, I'll take it.

After that, you can search for it or I'll give you the profile for the leader account so you can just find it in their.

Yu Narukami

It's not up yet. I'm going to give people a bit more time just in case. Plus I'm going to sleep. So I'll check back then and if GAFantasy is still the only one, I'll take it.

After that, you can search for it or I'll give you the profile for the leader account so you can just find it in their.

I hope you reserve me a spot in case I forget to apply.

Rixa

Anyone know how to unlock the last limit break for characters? Nothing helpful in most guides I've checked so far :(

If its SSR and you are trying to get that 5th star. Get that unit to max level (80) and then you need to do Fate Episode for it, can be found under "Fate Episode". Same with SR but with different levels needed (70).

After that when you have cleared Fate Episode (final battle 3/3 might be 5 waves, use Elixirs if needed), there comes the need for materials.

1st pic. SR materials needed for Lucius 5*
2nd pic. SSR materials needed for Lady Grey 5*

Amounts of material needed should be same for every element, only element material is different.

Good luck for farming :)

Top Bottom