• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

pix

Can anyone tell me what I need to limit break weapons? I read the guide but I don't seem to have any materials to choose to limit break with and was wondering what I need and how to get them.

So which of these do I go with:

Account 1: Cagliostro, Zetta (Fire), Ferri, Medusa
Account 2: Lady Grey, Grani, Garuda
Account 3: Narumeia, Garuda

Did not manage to get many pulls during the event.

Ala Alba

So which of these do I go with:

Account 1: Cagliostro, Zetta (Fire), Ferri, Medusa
Account 2: Lady Grey, Grani, Garuda
Account 3: Narumeia, Garuda

Did not manage to get many pulls during the event.

Out of those three, #1.

If you'd like, take a look at my accounts and see if you want one. If it's available, I'll give it to you.

Edit: Account giving is over.

Lockon

t7Mb.png

Help, still can't decide. Need more opinions on this please. Already pick out some more of the ones I don't like

pix

You need the same weapon

Damn. So I've upgraded all my 6 SSR weapons to 40 but I have over 70 weapon upgrade mats sitting in my inbox with no where to put them. What do I do with them all since I won't be getting any gacha SSR weapons to limit break for a long time?

Ala Alba

Wow! That's cool of you. Checking your list right now. I assume number 4 or 7 are not available. Can you recommend any account? Appreciate this so much.

4 and 7 by account or by row? Only the ones with "No" in the available column are not available, really.

As for recommendations, is there a character you like? An element you like? Care about having a super easy start?

Rixa

Damn. So I've upgraded all my 6 SSR weapons to 40 but I have over 70 weapon upgrade mats sitting in my inbox with no where to put them. What do I do with them all since I won't be getting any gacha SSR weapons to limit break for a long time?

Feed them to characters. Its not like those are some rare stuff in this game. Its easy to get more exp fodder.

SephiZack

Percival and Clarice are already a very solid combo for your fire team, you could try and "finish" off your fire team (with Yuel perhaps) but its hard to say whether having one very strong team versus a number of solid teams is more beneficial starting off. You could Start Dash Neza to buff your wind team. Albel or Jeanne to buff your light team. Of course there's Yoda to give you three water SSR's and his usual boost. Silva and Lancelot would also work well with Altair.

Thank you, I think I'll choose Silva because I like her design ;)

4 and 7 by account or by row? Only the ones with "No" in the available column are not available, really.

As for recommendations, is there a character you like? An element you like? Care about having a super easy start?

I meant by row number. I heard that having Yoda at the start is easy but I like Jeanne D'arc's design the most.

Uthred

The new Dark Jeanne looks cool, as does the new Earth summon and the SR box guy.

I'm currently not sure which SSR to get with my start dash. My wild guess is to get a good attacker first.
I already have wind healer Lennah (which is apparently not much use for the early and mid game) so I'm hesitating between attacker Nezahualpilli and support Petra.
But I guess I first need a good attacker and then, a good support?

Either is a good choice and if you're going wind you'll eventually want (need) both. I'd say go Neza first as you get more immediate returns on an attacker than you do with a support (who, well, needs something to support to really shine). Though if you had a good Wind DPS SR you could go with Petra if you prefer.

Well, at least none of them are outright bad :p
Thanks for the explanations! But since this game is supposedly very grindy, I don't think I would have been able to stomach the even slower darkness grind. Wind is supposed to be faster so it'll be a better start for me I think.
Might eventually switch to light or darkness later though, since they're better for endgame. I'll see what RNG gifts me!

I totally get that, mitigating the grind in any way goes a long way

Are we friends? ID: 8847317

Sent a request

Ala Alba

I meant by row number. I heard that having Yoda at the start is easy but I like Jeanne D'arc's design the most.

Either row is available. Row 4 has good fire and wind characters, as well as Yoda. As you said, row 7 has Jeanne and it also has Albel/rt which is another good light character, but light is longer to grind out in the end game.

linkent

As i played this game on iphone with Guest Login, how do i link this account to an email?

Clicking the "profile" keep giving me blank page. Couldnt change the greeting for that panel mission.
Really annoying.

Gonna stick with this account SSR Matera + Clarice which should be ok to start building a fire team.
Since i made this account long ago, did i missed the starting dash ticket?
If i buy the next surprise ticket, which SSR do you guys suggest i pick?

Yaari

As i played this game on iphone with Guest Login, how do i link this account to an email?

Clicking the "profile" keep giving me blank page. Couldnt change the greeting for that panel mission.
Really annoying.

Gonna stick with this account SSR Matera + Clarice which should be ok to start building a fire team.
Since i made this account long ago, did i missed the starting dash ticket?
If i buy the next surprise ticket, which SSR do you guys suggest i pick?

Start Dash comes back every month. If you keep playing then it will pop up.
It helps if you know when you made the account, do you remember that?

Either row is available. Row 4 has good fire and wind characters, as well as Yoda. As you said, row 7 has Jeanne and it also has Albel/rt which is another good light character, but light is longer to grind out in the end game.

Thanks for the advice! So light and dark are longer to grind for. If it's okay I'll try out row 4 so I can have an easier time starting out then.

Appreciate this very much.

Lockon

17Mb.png

Ok hopefully this is the last time. If I buy the Start Dash thing (probably will), I would do it like this for the following accounts:

8. I would get Clarice or Yuel for the fire team
9. I would get Vampy or Lady Grey
14. I would get Altair
24. Narumea or Vila

Now, 14 would get me to late game easier than others but I still could get Yoda with Start Dash on other accounts. And Order Grande.

24 would get me a bunch of ssr units with main being dark, but I heard dark and light are grindy than other element.

8 would get me a nice fire team. and I don't have any idea for 9.

If you didn't know already, I'm really picky / having a hard time to pick my account lol

Though if you had a good Wind DPS SR you could go with Petra if you prefer.
My only attack SR is darkness. I actually have no wind SR. Which is not too bad since I have the summon Order Grande I think.

By the way, this summon's boost needs 3 different types in my team. But do these 3 types have to be in the main team?
For example, if my main team is wind - wind - wind and my sub team is fire - dark, do I get the Order Grande bonus?

MiTYH

Hey all, thanks for the assistance with my accounts. Settled on one with the most SSRs, it's starting to read up on what I need to know when English launches.

Can anyone put a name to the SRs here? I found some tier guides that have been posted but none of them give names to pictures. Thanks!

EDIT: I think I found one actually, took trial and error. Can anyone confirm? It looks like Katarina is pretty awesome,
Katarina (Water)
Uramunuran (Water)
Arusha (Light)
Ferry (Light)
Ejeri (Water)
Galadar (Earth)
Farrah (Earth)
Vane (Water)
Ryan (Fire)

linkent

Start Dash comes back every month. If you keep playing then it will pop up.
It helps if you know when you made the account, do you remember that?

ahh.. didnt know that, dont remember the time.
but i will pay attention to this banner

I guess Yuel should be good for a fire team? or Percival?
Yuel + Clarice + Zeta(not Metera T_T)

Uthred

17Mb.png

Ok hopefully this is the last time. If I buy the Start Dash thing (probably will), I would do it like this for the following accounts:

8. I would get Clarice or Yuel for the fire team
9. I would get Vampy or Lady Grey
14. I would get Altair
24. Narumea or Vila

Now, 14 would get me to late game easier than others but I still could get Yoda with Start Dash on other accounts. And Order Grande.

24 would get me a bunch of ssr units with main being dark, but I heard dark and light are grindy than other element.

8 would get me a nice fire team. and I don't have any idea for 9.

If you didn't know already, I'm really picky / having a hard time to pick my account lol

I'd suggest Percival over Clarice or Yuel, his Fear ability is one of the best abilities in the game and works very well with Dark Fencer when you're starting out. And I'd go with Naru for 24, she's more general purpose than Vira.

Of the accounts themselves I'd go with 24 or 8. 24 and a start dash gives you the more or less definitive dark team and you also have a boost for a few other elements. With 8 you could go with Percival or Neza to have a very solid Fire or Wind team respectively. While Yoda is nice and Order Grande is rare I dont think they make up for five or more SSR's (several of which are "top tier"). I'd probably pick #9 over #14, but #8 and #24 are the top contenders

Ala Alba

Thanks for the advice! So light and dark are longer to grind for. If it's okay I'll try out row 4 so I can have an easier time starting out then.

Appreciate this very much.

Just PM me the email you want associated with the account, and I'll respond with the new password (you'll also get a confirmation email). I should be able to do this later today.

Edit: I guess you'll have to forward the confirmation email to me in order for me to finalize the process. So yeah, just PM me the email and we'll take it from there.

pix

So after you clear a raid you sometimes get these silver coins. What are those used for and what decides how many you get?

Uthred

Where in the shop do you exchanged Azure Crystals?

So after you clear a raid you sometimes get these silver coins. What are those used for and what decides how many you get?

You can exchange them in the shop for various Magna anima/weapons/etc. The amount you get is determined by your contribution with a bonus for using all SR units or all R units. Not sure how you get the gold equivalent.

h0tp0ck3t

Can't wait for the English release cause right now me playing is:

I screwed up and used an unsalted email so no rerolls but got 5 SRs so I figured that was a good start then bought someone who looked cool on the Dash start
No ragrets

Rixa

Where in the shop do you exchanged Azure Crystals?
You can exchange them in the shop for various Magna anima/weapons/etc. The amount you get is determined by your contribution with a bonus for using all SR units or all R units. Not sure how you get the gold equivalent.

HL Multibattles give gold valors, the ones where you can participate at 101 level :p.

General consesus is that, save for 5k silver valor points and ask then (if you dont know) what to buy. Usually best to spend are those Magna weapons (5k each).

Quonny

I'm just plowing through the story and doing those special weapon levels whenever they come up. Not worrying about any of the more complex systems until English.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
All you need to do is buy mobage cards and roll for Shao!

That said, we were talking in discord, about how incredibly good Shao is. He's definitely SSR performance for SR. And probably has a place in dark endgame meta.

I thought I wanted to roll for Eugen.

draw4wild

Just PM me the email you want associated with the account, and I'll respond with the new password (you'll also get a confirmation email). I should be able to do this later today.

The system is a little weird. When you change the email associated with the account you get the confirmation link sent to the new email. When you use the link it brings you back to the login screen but then you have to login with the old email to finalize the change

Ala Alba

The system is a little weird. When you change the email associated with the account you get the confirmation link sent to the new email. When you use the link it brings you back to the login screen but then you have to login with the old email to finalize the change

Huh, did not know that. Well, I guess he can forward me the email? Or I make a throwaway gmail account...

Dandte

Out of those three, #1.

If you'd like, take a look at my accounts and see if you want one. If it's available, I'll give it to you.

I always wanted an amira account...only for the art though. Last Fest i got informed she is in fact a good character. account #12 has an amira but no node and less srr than the other. would it be a good choice or would it be better to start with an other account and buy her?

help =(

P.S. Big thanks!!

Top Bottom