• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

arevin01

I went from around 50 coins to 8 million coins in one day.

My strategy was:

1) Play poker (bet 1) until I got to 500 (it takes a couple minutes if you always keep trying double chance even if you have 7,8,9 until you reach the 500 limit)
2) Play poker (bet 10) until I got around 5000 (same as before)
3) Play poker (bet 100) until I got to around 150k (took around 20 minutes or less doing the same as before)
4) Play 20-man bingo ONCE ONLY and bet 100k. If lose, go back to step 3. If win, go on to step 5 (I repeated steps 3 and 4 a couple times, but when I won I gained 1 million coins)
5) Now keep playing 20-man bingo and bet 100k; if you go under 100k, go back to step 3.

I was lucky to win twice in a row in bingo, so I reached just under 2 million coins.Then from there I never went back to poker and am now at 10 million after buying all the daily orbs/ap potions/ep things/anat/wind carbuncle. There will be times where I might lose 2 million coins in bingo without winning anything, but it quickly goes up. And when you go over 5 millions, playing poker becomes very inefficient (I think)

What were the odds of u winning a million at bingo?

Uthred

Why is it a thing that, in lists or guides, people just post pictures of characters and do not use their names? So dumb.

It's almost as if until four days ago there were no official translations of the names
Petra or birdman. Petra or birdman....

Lennah stays for sure. A good team would be birdman, Petra and lennah but where does Rosetta fit in? She has a damage buff. The crazy shield and the ability to leech ougi. Maybe birdman, Rosetta and lennah is a good team?

Probably better going Birdman first, killing stuff generally outweighs support earlier on, you can replace him with a GW character eventually but that could take quite some while.

occelinho

Someone wrote on my Message board, can anyone translate?

I can't help you with translations, but I got a message from someone that send me a friend request before in japanese too.
Now while I don't know what it says, I just posted a "thank your for the friend request" on his board. Just ignoring these messages without replying seems a bit rude, but maybe I'm just overthinking this.

Also the max. number of characters is way too less for these message boards, but I guess it's enough if you write in japanese.

draw4wild

This game is a little weird for me. Normally when these gacha games come out, I play a ton and spend a little money so I can stay ahead of the f2p and behind the whales.

Since there really is no catching up, I'm more content taking my time and playing the long game. (Which is why I'm going light first) Guild wars characters are the perfect thing to keep me interested, just like an Animus did in ffxiv

Anko

Is Silva a good pick for a Charlotta/Katalina team?

And how often do surprise tickets come up?

You just need that one win at 1st place to propel you forward by a million. After that, you bet 100k and make progress if you win within 10 rounds. It's not always possible. You will get streaks of 30 losses at times, but I've now grown my pool from 4 million to 10 million. Unlike him though, I started off with the 10k bets in 10 person rooms (to win 100k). I.. don't really like betting more than 1% of my chips.

i think i'll hold off on getting the surprise ticket until near the end

thinking of either getting sara or petra to buff up their respective element teams, jeanne to make my light team better or percy cause he's hot

dunno if i want to get the star legend, i got burned last time i bought it >>

Nirran

I picked up a Mobage card from Play asia, but trying to figure out where to redeem it at. Anyone have any help. Would be much appreciated! I also got confused and thought we were talking about summons before and not characters! That made so much more sense after reading some posts.

kiryogi

Banned
This game is a little weird for me. Normally when these gacha games come out, I play a ton and spend a little money so I can stay ahead of the f2p and behind the whales.

Since there really is no catching up, I'm more content taking my time and playing the long game. (Which is why I'm going light first) Guild wars characters are the perfect thing to keep me interested, just like an Animus did in ffxiv

Yeah, GW is basically the relic grind, only a lot more rewarding and useful

Hmmm kinda wish I'd started earlier so I could get in on the re-roll scumbagary.

But you usually need to play the game for a bit to know what to look for as well. These crappy f2p money sucking games are always so uneven in their progression.

SephiZack

It was definitely at least once every 10 games with many consecutive million wins. Yesterday I started recording the stats of all my games and even though I also went on a 60-70 games losing streak, I'm still in profit from yesterday.

I think I will post my recorded stats when I have a big sample of games; right now I have 150 games, but over 60 of them were a continuous losing streak, so the results are skewed.

garath

Well I did it. Bought the surprise ticket. Got scared for a second when I redeemed the draw from the loot crate and nothing happened lol. Found where to select the character though.

Have Petra now. Wind get.

Will save this shiny 10 draw for legend fest. Will have two 10 draws between crystals and the surprise ticket.

Nirran

I figured out how to redeem my Mobage card, but I'm stumped on trying to convert them into GC. My account shows the correct coins, but when I go to buy the draw package it shows 0 GC. Any help is appreciated because this is tough for a new player.

Edit: Figured it out. The phone app doesn't work since it wants to use the app store. The Chrome app let me buy it with my coins.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I figured out how to redeem my Mobage card, but I'm stumped on trying to convert them into GC. My account shows the correct coins, but when I go to buy the draw package it shows 0 GC. Any help is appreciated because this is tough for a new player.

Edit: Figured it out. The phone app doesn't work since it wants to use the app store. The Chrome app let me buy it with my coins.

Did you have to redeem with the chrome app too?

Hey fellas,

I'd like some input on what should i do next... Here is my team :

9cfu3FR.png

0aL5jJx.png

mAgaPLt.png

I'm really frustrated with my light team ATM, and i wonder what should i do with my Surprise Ticket :

- Should i get Percival and start a Fire team ?
- Should i get XXXX for a Water team ?
- Should i get a 3rd Light SSR ?

What would you do in that situation ? Thanks for your input !

P.S : I'm rank 42.

pariah164

... How do people get so many characters? Every character I have, I've gotten from Story Mode and whatever tickets I manage to get.

Uthred

I'm really frustrated with my light team ATM, and i wonder what should i do with my Surprise Ticket :

- Should i get Percival and start a Fire team ?
- Should i get XXXX for a Water team ?
- Should i get a 3rd Light SSR ?

What would you do in that situation ? Thanks for your input !

P.S : I'm rank 42.

You could get Amira for your Light team, Percival or Clarice for Fire or Altair or Silva for Water. Amira would largely "finish" off your Light team for quite a while, Clarice and Altair are core support for their respective elements, Silva (or Lancelot) and Percival are top DPS for their elements (and Percival's skill is one of the selling points of a Fire team)

garath

Saw my first proto bahamut raid. Woot! Was going well till he one shot my whole party. Oh well. Rewards were good. Rusted dagger, gold cert, silver cert and a lightball looking thing.

I guess the gold certs are easier to come by than I thought as long as you can get into proto raids. Shouldn't have used so many event points on them :( I think I bought 3 or 4.

h0tp0ck3t

Is this not available in Europe? Trying to search for it but not finding it in the play store.

It's only up for download on the Japanese play store. There's a guide in the OP to play in your chrome browser

Edit: Guide
If your on a smartphone you can ignore the stuff about opening a tab in developer mode

Rimshot

It's only up for download on the Japanese play store. There's a guide in the OP to play in your chrome browser

Edit: Guide
If your on a smartphone you can ignore the stuff about opening a tab in developer mode

Thanks, was hoping that I was searching for the wrong name but guess it is not out then. Are there plans to move this to other play stores? Or will this remain in the japanese store do you think?

Bigrx1

Banned
What do you need to do to have your data saved in case you do a phone reset or the app gets deleted? The social rpg's I play currently either tie in to gamecenter or facebook for a backup, but not sure what to do with this?

What do you need to do to have your data saved in case you do a phone reset or the app gets deleted? The social rpg's I play currently either tie in to gamecenter or facebook for a backup, but not sure what to do with this?

It's tied to the Mobage account that you created

Thanks, was hoping that I was searching for the wrong name but guess it is not out then. Are there plans to move this to other play stores? Or will this remain in the japanese store do you think?

Just play via PC and don't bother with waiting for other play store release. It probably won't come, at least no plans have been announced.

Bigrx1

Banned
It's tied to the Mobage account that you created

Hmmmm I seemed to start that process then lost my way. Got a confirmation email, clicked on it, then it brought me to a screen asking what I'm assuming were just personal information questions but couldn't make my way through that. Is there a guide somewhere? I found a guide that led to the part of getting a confirmation email, but not what to do from there. I don't recall ever making a log in or password. And when you're at the game start up screen I don't even see where you have an option to "log in"?

garath

Bad idea to use a bronze moon for 100cp? I'm trying to get sidewinder for 500 and it's coming slow... At 330 right now. 50 I can cash in from co-op. Just hit rank 51.

I have 16 bronze. 1 for the CP then 15 to get 90 pots maybe.

Ranmo

So do you guys actually recommend rolling with money right now? Or just get the ST? I'm trying to expand my team and rolled once already but no dice. Debating rolling a few more times but not trying to break the bank.

Saving the SSR guarantee roll for a separate day. Strictly talking normal 10 pulls.

garath

So do you guys actually recommend rolling with money right now? Or just get the ST? I'm trying to expand my team and rolled once already but no dice. Debating rolling a few more times but not trying to break the bank.

Saving the SSR guarantee roll for a separate day. Strictly talking normal 10 pulls.

Don't roll with money. And don't use crystals unless it's a legend fest where the SSR rates are doubled.

Surprise ticket and start dash are good bets for money. You get a SSR character of your choice AND you get the 10 pull ticket (which you should save for the aforementioned legend fest). Surprise ticket is a surprise when it happens. Start dash you can do once but it's only available to you for a few days every month until you take advantage of it.

If you want to spend money, get a surprise ticket.

The star legend thing is a third choice for spending money. It's a 10 pull with a guaranteed SSR but you have no idea what it will be. Could be a less than ideal summon.

Moonlight

Banned
I have Petra, so I guess I should start on building Wind, and it'd complement my primary Water team too, but... man, I really want Feena. Yuel and Anila are pretty cool, too. Fire seems so stacked for characters I like. :(

SephiZack

Is there a list I can check to determine which characters will have rates up based on weapon rates up? There aren't characters that interest me in the sword pool and I wondered in which day I should pull

EDIT: Found it in-game

Is there a list I can check to determine which characters will have rates up based on weapon rates up? There aren't characters that interest me in the sword pool and I wondered in which day I should pull

if you go to the news section, there should be an update about this new gatcha event and it'll list what weapons will be rate up and which characters will be featured and what days too

Ranmo

Don't roll with money. And don't use crystals unless it's a legend fest where the SSR rates are doubled.

Surprise ticket and start dash are good bets for money. You get a SSR character of your choice AND you get the 10 pull ticket (which you should save for the aforementioned legend fest). Surprise ticket is a surprise when it happens. Start dash you can do once but it's only available to you for a few days every month until you take advantage of it.

If you want to spend money, get a surprise ticket.

The star legend thing is a third choice for spending money. It's a 10 pull with a guaranteed SSR but you have no idea what it will be. Could be a less than ideal summon.

Alright, thanks. The mones is safe...for now.

Merun

Any free room in a crew? Id is 10359105. Name is comfortable ( aka thanks for the account Ala Alba! )

At the moment I have SSR Io and Ferri, so I'm wondering who I should pick to complement a light team. Hesitating between Amira and Jeane D'arc.

MSMrRound

Regarding the special items that you can get via clicking in town...if I go to the world map, how do I identify which island is which? E.g Celeste etc?

Also about the surprise ticket...think I'm gonna go for Yuel. Team needs a nice Fire SSR to accompany it.

Regarding the special items that you can get via clicking in town...if I go to the world map, how do I identify which island is which? E.g Celeste etc?

Also about the surprise ticket...think I'm gonna go for Yuel. Team needs a nice Fire SSR to accompany it.

the name of the town on the list correlates to whichever primal beast you fought and can fight on that island

so like the first island in the plot is where you can fight tiamat, so you go to that island and you can visit the town for those gifts

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Random question - is the story in this game any good and worth following? I usually smash on the "skip" button, but I read through the story in a few missions and it seems to be pretty substantial compared to other games of this type.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, you've been missing out. One of Granblue's defining features that set it apart from many other mobages is that it's its own thing, not a gacha-based version of an existing IP like One Piece, Final Fantasy, or a cross-media project like Love Live, etc. It's also got a more familiar VN-style bust+dialogue presentation compared to, say, Terra Battle.

If you can take JRPG tropes, it's completely worth playing as a JRPG in a gacha framework.

Personally it reminds me a lot of Skies of Arcadia crossed with FFXII.

Moonlight

Banned
Granblue's story so far is OK, but the fact they need to fit in sudden battle sequences every segment of the story makes for weird pacing occasionally.

Top Bottom