• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Anko

http://granbluefantasy.jp/sp/pages/?p=7694

My lack of understanding of the Korwa skills make it very hard to know how nerfed she will be. I think the buffs weren't supposed to stack?

Anyway, compensation will be announced in game, post maintenance.

奥義「ブランシェ・フィル」を使用した際に発動する効果のアビリティ「ノワール・エ・ブロン」および「デ・ヴェテモン」のフィルに応じた効果上昇値を調整いたします。

同じくフィルに応じた効果ターンの延長について、その延長量を調整いたします。
Duration and effect nerfed but I think she'll still be a solid support unit.

dennism

My lack of understanding of the Korwa skills make it very hard to know how nerfed she will be. I think the buffs weren't supposed to stack?

man, maybe i should've tried to pull for her if we're getting refunds lol

i actually really like her design too

Anko

Refund hasn't exactly been announced yet but I'm hopeful. It's not like I got anything out of my ten pulls.

Yes. I'm still bitter.

she didn't have an upper limit in how long her buffs can be extended from her ougi nor an upper limit in how many threads you could stockpile

putting an upper cap that's reasonable with every other character in the game will bring her down from breaks the game and looks fabulous doing so

her buffs were also pretty strong too but its mostly the fact that you could get them to last forever lol

also how they were considered their own buffs and didn't take part of the usual buff threshold

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Refund hasn't exactly been announced yet but I'm hopeful. It's not like I got anything out of my ten pulls.

Yes. I'm still bitter.

Wonder if they could do a refund on the 10 roll yet allow me to keep my single ticket I got from the Draw Set Special... :D

chrono01

I'm more confused over how that type of things gets passed testing. I'm not an expert on game design, but even I could see how broken it was at a single glance.

Anko

she didn't have an upper limit in how long her buffs can be extended from her ougi nor an upper limit in how many threads you could stockpile

putting an upper cap that's reasonable with every other character in the game will bring her down from breaks the game and looks fabulous doing so

her buffs were also pretty strong too but its mostly the fact that you could get them to last forever lol

also how they were considered their own buffs and didn't take part of the usual buff threshold
So originally, the plan wasn't for the effect to stack. If the ougi was used then the higher one (affected by thread count?) was supposed to take effect (if new one isn't higher, nothing happens). However, due to the fact that the skill cannot be overwritten, it got added on instead. They'll be fixing that and additionally, they will balance (read: nerf) the duration + ability buff of the ougi. Everything else should stay the same.

Edit: Seems like 500 crystals for the downtime? No news on other compensation yet.

So originally, the plan wasn't for the effect to stack. If the ougi was used then the higher one (affected by thread count?) was supposed to take effect (if new one isn't higher, nothing happens). However, due to the fact that the skill cannot be overwritten, it got added on instead. They'll be fixing that and additionally, they will balance (read: nerf) the duration + ability buff of the ougi. Everything else should stay the same.

Edit: Seems like 500 crystals for the downtime? No news on other compensation yet.

500 crystals for the downtime, and refund if you did legend pull before downtime

When's the refund coming through? I only have the 500 crystal compensation so far.

Edit: Oh, there it is.

ZTCawg5.png

Rixa

Well. I did only 18 pulls, didnt have more to pull :). Got 2 Bronze moons and 1 sr Dark Carbuncle, one more Carbuncle for HL stuff in the future. Too bad I LB1 other one earlier with copy. I need to lb these with stuff from Medal shop.

Good thing this happened before Legend Fest. That 500 crystals compensation, going to buy Summon stash :). Such a nice day :p.

Well. I did only 18 pulls, didnt have more to pull :). Got 2 Bronze moons and 1 sr Dark Carbuncle, one more Carbuncle for HL stuff in the future. Too bad I LB1 other one earlier with copy. I need to lb these with stuff from Medal shop.

Good thing this happened before Legend Fest. That 500 crystals compensation, going to buy Summon stash :). Such a nice day :p.

I could have used my last 10-pull ticket + 3 10-pull tickets as well, but I was hedging my bets. :(

Still, I got Jeanne and Yoda from pulls, 5/6 new R/SR characters and enough added bronze and silver moons to buy 60 1/2 ap pots. Feels good.

chrono01

I got refunded my two premium tickets too. I got nothing out of them, just two rare, but even still. I wish I had used a few of my ten-pull though. :/

Anko

I got 2 silvers!
I just started and they gave me 2 silvers. No other character.

Anyway, does anyone know how Korwa is doing now?

I got 2 silvers!
I just started and they gave me 2 silvers. No other character.

Anyway, does anyone know how Korwa is doing now?

I've read that she's still a solid support, possible competition for Petra. Which is great really, more versatility in party make-ups is what they should strive for.

(now do it in an element that's not windmeme)

Yu Narukami

Did 64 pulls, got 4 SSRs (Yuel, Agielba, Aletheia, Lich) and tons of SRs plus enough moons for 60 ap pots

I'm so happy right now, I don't know if I should keep everything for the next broken character or the legfest

Stupid question. How do you do a printscreen from your phone?

chrono01

Did 64 pulls, got 4 SSRs (Yuel, Agielba, Aletheia, Lich) and tons of SRs plus enough moons for 60 ap pots

I'm so happy right now, I don't know if I should keep everything for the next broken character or the legfest
So jealous right now. Congrats.

Next time there's an over-powered character, I'm going all-in.

I understand that people said not to rely on Yoda too much and not to specifically go for him, but now that I just happened to get him he's been great with helping me farm for my Fire weapon pool.

Might end up putting him in my Wind team temporarily and see how he does together with Petra.

Gizuko

I understand that people said not to rely on Yoda too much and not to specifically go for him, but now that I just happened to get him he's been great with helping me farm for my Fire weapon pool.

Might end up putting him in my Wind team temporarily and see how he does together with Petra.

Relying on Yoda is ok, specifically going for him when you don't need him is not (i.e. ticketing him with a full wind team).

He can cheese some extreme content (current event, rotating summons, etc.) and deals some nice damage while shrouded, but the way triple shroud is designed makes him a bad pick for longer fights.

When I use him my rotation usually is:
3 attacks, restore shroud, ougi; 3 attacks, dodge/HSaber taunt, attack, ougi.

For a total of 2 ougis. If the boss is still alive Yode is pretty much going to die unless you can protect him for another 3 turns (he won't be able to charge his ougi this time either, so you can't ougi yet). He'll be taking double damage and dealing half during that time to boot.

Firing him 3times is not impossible, though, but is very unreliable since he generates a lot of aggro during this time.

Relying on Yoda is ok, specifically going for him when you don't need him is not (i.e. ticketing him with a full wind team).

He can cheese some extreme content (current event, rotating summons, etc.) and deals some nice damage while shrouded, but the way triple shroud is designed makes him a bad pick for longer fights.

When I use him my rotation usually is:
3 attacks, restore shroud, ougi; 3 attacks, dodge/HSaber taunt, attack, ougi.

For a total of 2 ougis. If the boss is still alive Yode is pretty much going to die unless you can protect him for another 3 turns (he won't be able to charge his ougi this time either, so you can't ougi yet). He'll be taking double damage and dealing half during that time to boot.

Firing him 3times is not impossible, though, but is very unreliable since he generates a lot of aggro during this time.

That was pretty much my take-away from it, I'll mostly be using him until I get a better weapon pool or when I need to farm event content. The only other damage that I have that comes close is Claris with her hp based nuke, and that only works when the enemy has a high HP total and still has a high HP % left.

Do only Omegas drop SSR Magna weapons or normal versions drop them too?

Nope, it's just the Omega versions that drop the SSRs, spend your EP on leeching the one appropriate to your element.

Yu Narukami

Quick noobie question. Why do people say to grind your element or what is your element? Shouldn't one have strong weapons from all elements?

Quick noobie question. Why do people say to grind your element or what is your element? Shouldn't one have strong weapons from all elements?

Yes but how are you going to get there if you aren't strong enough to farm for the other elements?

Better to have seven weapons in one elements to leverage off it's power to farm other element stuff faster then seven weapons in six different elements with none being able to help much.

Yu Narukami

Yes but how are you going to get there if you aren't strong enough to farm for the other elements?

Better to have seven weapons in one elements to leverage off it's power to farm other element stuff faster then seven weapons in six different elements with none being able to help much.

I think I'm doing it wrong then. I have a few SSR from different elements and Omegas drop nothing. Only thing I buy is SSR weapons from the Event Summons.

Gizuko

I think I'm doing it wrong then. I have a few SSR from different elements and Omegas drop nothing. Only thing I buy is SSR weapons from the Event Summons.

You should aim to have a full mono-element weapon pool, but that's skill-wise. For example, Yoda's Katana is dark element but boosts both dark and water, so it's fine using them in a water team - point is, it's the skill element that matters, not the weapon's, although they usually match.

When starting out getting a random element weapon from an event is beneficial, since it probably is easy to max uncap and can work as a statstick of sorts. As for Magna SSR weapons, you want your main element only, since those are probably harder to uncap, and you don't want to spread too thin when you probably need those weapons to help your main team.

Yu Narukami

You should aim to have a full mono-element weapon pool, but that's skill-wise. For example, Yoda's Katana is dark element but boosts both dark and water, so it's fine using them in a water team - point is, it's the skill element that matters, not the weapon's, although they usually match.

When starting out getting a random element weapon from an event is beneficial, since it probably is easy to max uncap and can work as a statstick of sorts. As for Magna SSR weapons, you want your main element only, since those are probably harder to uncap, and you don't want to spread too thin when you probably need those weapons to help your main team.

Right now I have 3 Collossus SR weapons. Should I put Collossus instead of Ifrit as main summon even though Ifrit is higher levelled?

Gizuko

Right now I have 3 Collossus SR weapons. Should I put Collossus instead of Ifrit as main summon even though Ifrit is higher levelled?

Probably not yet. There is a damage calculator (but I can never find the link), you should give it a try if you find it - although I think I remember Rixa saying SSR weapons need to be ~SLvl 10 before switching.

Top Bottom